PDA

View Full Version : Grimm vs DOOM ( Battle of the MF's)

THE MASON
11-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Recently i have been bumpin alot of Grimm and Doom

mostly American Hunger by Grimm and Operation Doomsday plus MM...Food by Doom

and i got to thinkin these two had a pretty bad fallout but they also made some real dope music and have a similar style. Personally i found Doom to be more consistent then Grimm but the Grimm had more tracks above average.

Deep Fried Frenz - MF Doom
HH_rnOfmHMQ

Playground - MF Grimm
ddm3PXdyvc8

whats the word around Wu corp on this?

LiquidWordz
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
As far as rapping goes, Grimm > Doom.

Overall, it depends how I'm feeling. I listen to grimm whenever I want some hardcore street shit, and then Doom when I want something that's kinda bugged out and trippy. They're both good in their own ways, but I think I overall gotta give it to doom since he's always got good beats, I don't think I can say the same for grimm.

Luz
11-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Doom all day.

J-Cee
11-08-2008, 12:38 AM
im more of a Grimm fan..but they both Dope for diff moods...

THE MASON
11-08-2008, 05:27 PM
DOOM got better beats then Grimm, too me some of Grimms beats sound like he put them together in 15 minutes then said fuck it but on a album of 60 songs cant expect them all to be bangin.

i do think Grimm has better lyrics then DOOM for the most part

Suga Duga
11-08-2008, 05:41 PM
grimm owns doom in every aspect of mcing, creativity and realness.

while doom sends one of his weed carriers to do concerts for him and lets his fans pay for shows where he doesn't even show up, Grimm makes records like "Playground", "I Love You", "Ten Shots" or "Master Builders", speaks on the fears, doubts, dreams and thoughts a grown man in a wheel chair has and makes music straight from the heart.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2065/2261813895_7e684fc5a2.jpg?v=0

spiggity_ace
11-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Grimm i wish this guy would get recognized more often, his early shit is fuckin dope too, his freestyle with g rap on the incarcerated scarfaces beat is fire, and his verses on that 4,5,6 album are dope, and i always thought he outshined doom on his own shit, that track Tick, Tick on operation doomsday is fuckin sick he also namedrops wu on that lol, i always loved that" throw the made loops like ku klux, Mf dont give 2 fucks, nigga"
did anyone know that mf grimm used to be on sesame street when he was a kid, but then he turned into some ruthless drug dealer, thats the biggest turnaround ive ever heard of.
anyways that freesytle with g rap, he goes bar for bar, that thing is dope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpgOsyTUvX8

main_man
11-08-2008, 05:52 PM
im a fan of both. and if you haven't read the mf grimm "sentences" graphic novel, you should. its lets you know how much work he's put in, for real.

fuck the beefin' and whos better than who, they should just link back up and do damage.

THE MASON
11-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Ye i read about the seasame street shit in his autobiography(im pretty sure it was in that), dunno if anyone read that

one of the best stories i have ever read EVER, the man lived through alot of shit

Grimm has been called a Grandmaster of rap, and thats a title he deserves

SilvaFistz
11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
i'm a fan of both but i like Grimm more. he's got the hardcore edge along with the bugged out shit like on "The Hunt for the Gingerbread Man". wut do u guys think of that album?

11th Chamber
11-09-2008, 02:06 AM
when you do a side by side comparison of albums, its hard to give the edge to Grimm.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I prefer MF DOOM much more.

TAURO
11-09-2008, 11:02 AM
DOOM by miles, Grimm ain't all that.

Robert
11-09-2008, 11:04 AM
DOOM is a cunt.

Simple and plain.

DOOM is way better though, I just don't really respect him.

BIG D O
11-09-2008, 02:02 PM
i like MF Doom better.....

Grimm is ill, but MF kills him on the production tip.....and MF puts out more shit....

spiggity_ace
11-09-2008, 09:27 PM
i got some more useless info, grimm performed with tupac and dpg back in the day, he coulda been really big i think, but something happened and theirs a rumour that he ghostwrote tracks for the chronic album by dre, and doom is originally from england.

alucard bitez
11-11-2008, 04:14 PM
i would definatly have to side with doom on this one, grimm is cold no doubt but for me its doom all the way. i mean how can u make an album jus about food lol.

snakesonawiggly
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Doom is a great MC and Producer but id go with Grimm hes more raw and real