PDA

View Full Version : Untitled...just another average NaS album?

staliondan23
11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
I remember how many people on this forum were praising NaS's last album back in July, saying it was classic and what not....but how about now, you still think its that good? I honestly haven't listened to it in the last 4 months, nor had the desire to. To me it was just another average release from him that was only a little better than HHID.

cap
11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
nah it is a very strong album imo.
one of the best of the year.

Prolifical ENG
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
I listen to it sometimes. You say "average Nas album" but average Nas album rating for me is just over 8/10. If it wasnt for dropping Nastradamus it could have been over 8.5/10. HHID might be 7.5 (little under average) and this one is 8.5 hence a little over average.

Suga Duga
11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
listened to it twice. I guess that's all I have to say.

TSA
11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Lacks replay value but it's very exceptional. Great work on nas's behalf.
you can only say its average when not listening to it

11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
didn't listen to it yet:lmao:

PEACE

DJMethods
11-13-2008, 05:36 PM
I said it was wack before it got public release

buckshotstheone
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM

couldn't have said it better myself

and no this ain't "welcome back", my ass got nothing but dipset and budden's slaughterhouse in the box, gza album fly as shit but i'm way too hungry for a completely listenable wu album to read this shit every day

food for thought
11-13-2008, 06:06 PM
I said it was wack before it got public release

me 2.

i listened to it once all the way through and thats all i needed.

his wackest effort so far IMO

and all his milking the cow off of that Imus incident just made it worse. will all that publicity he should have came out with something nobody could front on.

and i have been one of his biggest fans since i first heard his shit 13 or sumthin years ago

Focus Man
11-13-2008, 06:24 PM

what he said^^. The lack of replay value for me only comes from the lyrics though. The production is timeless. But the subject matter is not something u'd bump in your ride over and over. But nevertheless....the album is classic IMO. I love it.

Memory Man
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
what he said^^. The lack of replay value for me only comes from the lyrics though. The production is timeless. But the subject matter is not something u'd bump in your ride over and over. But nevertheless....the album is classic IMO. I love it.

i have the exact opposite opinion. i thought the production was generic, but the lyrics are incredible.

staliondan23
11-13-2008, 09:12 PM

HAHA the lack of replay value was because of the lyrics?? I agree with the guy above^^ I also thought it was the exact opposite.. Lyrically its probably the best Nas has been in awhile, but beat wise pretty sub par, which is usually the case with some of his albums.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
nah it is a very strong album imo.
one of the best of the year.

yeah it's a strong album

BIG D O
11-13-2008, 10:43 PM
been sayin for awhile it's not all that.....it pains me to do so cause the idea/concet behind it was so riteous, but it's tru....it's not that great....

drippie k
11-14-2008, 05:32 AM
it was tight but it got too much hype and thats what hurt it i think...i liked HHID better to be honest, that cd gets regular spins

Durag
11-14-2008, 07:52 AM
i have the exact opposite opinion. i thought the production was generic, but the lyrics are incredible.

Yeah pretty much. The production was mostly weak.

Saying that though, "Fried Chicken" is a fuckin amazing track, easily the best on the album, and one of the only tracks with replay value. Fuckin INCREDIBLE beat, great concept, flow and of course lyrics. Busta rips that shit too.

food for thought
11-14-2008, 11:43 AM
it was tight but it got too much hype and thats what hurt it i think...i liked HHID better to be honest, that cd gets regular spins

cosign HHID was MUCH better IMO

Edgar Erebus
11-14-2008, 12:20 PM
TSA put it well. I always think the album is weak, overblown and fake. Until I actually listen to it again.

Best beat - "Untitled" by stic.man. Damn, man. I miss such dark and going stuff.