PDA

View Full Version : Lupe Fiasco's interesting fact about his last album.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Lupe recently announced that his next and most likely final album will be a TRIPLE album. The trio will be named LupE.N.D. - "Everywhere", "Nowhere" and "Down Here" (END)

If u didn't knew that, nao u do.

Tecknowledgist
11-16-2008, 03:53 PM
i heard him shout out LupEND on The Cool. Lupe's pretty good with themes and metaphors. i'm guessing each of the three CDs will have its own theme....probably tell a story. this should be awesome. i really enjoyed The Cool

wait, its gonna be his LAST album? wtf!

claaa7
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
^^ he has been saying for a long time that he only will make 3 album and that's it but we will see... I don't know, I enjoyed "Food & Liquor" so much that I bought "The Cool" soon after it's realese but I only played it through 1 time. didn't fit me at all but I'll give it another chance one day!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-16-2008, 04:00 PM
the name tells it all

LUP-END =)

If he deliveres like on The Cool with a three cd album, I really don't care. I rather see a rapper with five album and two mixtapes worth of material that is pure gold, other than having too many shit albums/songs just to fuck your legacy up [I don't know about you, but LL Cool J should've stopped rapping in the nineties]

Also, Biggie hasn't got a lot of material, but we can still appreciate him as one of the best. Lupe is getting there, at least for me.

Tecknowledgist
11-16-2008, 04:03 PM
^^i thought the cool was a great album. there were a couple weaker songs on there, but some GREAT songs to make up for it

if he executes this properly, it could be a modern classic. i'm just worried that they'll be way too much filler. three CDs? that's like 45 songs. i dont see every one of them being up to par

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-16-2008, 04:09 PM
well, I kno some tracks weren't all that and u need to like more kinds of music than just rap to appreciate it fully....but for me, it's a masterpiece.

Go Go Gadget Flow*
The Coolest
Superstar
Paris Tokyo
High Definition
Little Weapons
Hip-Hop Saved My Life
Gold Watch
Street on Fire
Hello Goodbye
Gotta Eat
Dumb it Down
Hello Goodbye
The Die
Put You on Game
Fighters
Go Baby Go*

I only marked two songs I don't listen to frequently... and even those two aren't wack, they just don't fit the album for me [the first he shows his versatility tho :)]

drippie k
11-16-2008, 04:20 PM
damn but 3 cds?? thats just too much shit

11th Chamber
11-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Is Grimm so far the only person to drop a triple CD, or has there been others?

(8,000th post, dope)

Edgar Erebus
11-16-2008, 06:25 PM
As for now, only Grimm. The weirdest part about "American Hunge r"is that it, actually, didn't have any filler on it. But I doubt that Lupe has as much to say.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-16-2008, 06:28 PM
It had some filler in my humble opinion.

Not as much as i expected though.

A three disc album in my opinion will always be a bad idea.

A double disc is generally a bad idea.

I'm hoping Lupe puts the effort in to make this actually work though.

oDoUoSoKo
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
the titles supposed to be an homage to game over's in video games where u put ur 3 letters, then u select END....pretty clever.

Tecknowledgist
11-16-2008, 06:53 PM
i just remembered Celph Titled's album "The Gatalog". That was actually a 4-disc album. 70 songs or so lol. although it was 90% filler

Edgar Erebus
11-16-2008, 08:20 PM
It ain't a proper album either, a lots of stuff there is rarities or unreleased stuff.

Mr. X
11-16-2008, 09:10 PM
I don't if I should be excited that a 3 CD album is in the works or sad that it's his last album (maybe).