PDA

View Full Version : are Wu headz generally smarter than average rap fans?

ALCATRAZ
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't want to give my opinion on the first post because I don't want to sway anyone. I want your honest opinion. No real reason for this thread, just curious...

food for thought
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
hell yea is this a serious question

prrra718
11-16-2008, 11:48 PM
isnt the average rap fan a wu-tang fan....?....
________
vaporizer wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

ALCATRAZ
11-17-2008, 12:35 AM
isnt the average rap fan a wu-tang fan....?....
as a left coast native, i can attest that many rap fans out here wouldn't be able to tell a raekwon verse from a verse spit by tha rza... sad, but true

JamSix
11-17-2008, 06:12 AM
only in the eyes of other Wu headz

drippie k
11-17-2008, 07:40 AM
damn straight we smarter

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-17-2008, 07:51 AM
No
and if you really think youre smart cus you listen to wu tang, or that listening to wu tang makes you smart

.....you lost.

I wouldve in the past said a Wu Tang fan would know more about what hip hop is about, but since I came onto this website a read the opinions of all these warcloud eurofag fans I have changed my mind.

DJMethods
11-17-2008, 08:37 AM
GHOSTLACED is a Wu fan, The Great Dane is a wu fan, 99% of people on this site are dead set nearing retardation.

so no, Wu fans are generally more stupid then your average rap fan.

JamSix
11-17-2008, 08:44 AM
half the dudes on this board refuse to listen to anythin' post 2000, they also think GZA is a better MC than Nas and that Killah Priest is the best thing to happen to the world since sliced bread.

No.

food for thought
11-17-2008, 10:58 AM
hahha i see what yall r saying but cmon now,

wu heads IMO have a thirst for knowldege and are informed and conscious on a whole lot more.

lol, ive hung out with some peple that listen to lil wayne n shit, no east coast, and witnessed first hand how stupid and inthebox ppl think. imean ppl who think just chillin on the block all day is cool, dont fuck with no book or other type of knowldege.

when u listen to the content we get pumped, and the commerical materialistic shit they listen to, its obvious we are getting filled with knowledge while they are being brainwashed with simplistic nonsense that does nohting for the mind.

WuGambino
11-17-2008, 12:20 PM
no

THE MASON
11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I dont think it makes us smarter just a better ear for music

Wu for the most part has some intelligent things to say, it more what the individual listener can gain from the music that makes you smarter, in my expierence, recently most hip hop fans dont listen for lyrics or the message transmitted, they just look for the "swagger" and overlook that message.

Plus cats in rap aint really givin much of a message

Rame
11-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Obviously not.

Suga Duga
11-17-2008, 12:26 PM
half the dudes on this board refuse to listen to anythin' post 2000, they also think GZA is a better MC than Nas and that Killah Priest is the best thing to happen to the world since sliced bread.

No.

yes

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
They think they are smarter than everyone else, but as DJ Methods said, this site is evidence that at least a good percentage of them are borderline retards.

JamSix
11-17-2008, 12:38 PM

Wu for the most part has some intelligent things to say, it more what the individual listener can gain from the music that makes you smarter, in my expierence, recently most hip hop fans dont listen for lyrics or the message transmitted, they just look for the "swagger" and overlook that message.

Outside of Forever, Wu aint ever really givin' much of a message either, unless you consider bringin' the ruckus and protecting your neck a necessity to life.

food for thought
11-17-2008, 12:38 PM
killabeez drop jewelz

11-17-2008, 12:41 PM
killabeez drop jewelz

I drop jewels on this website all the time, trying to free your minds, but the constituency here is just too deaf, dumb, and/or blind to pick them up.

Sometimes I wonder if my attempts at teaching da seeds are futile.

Tyler Durden
11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
They think they are smarter than everyone else, but as DJ Methods said, this site is evidence that at least a good percentage of them are borderline retards.

I think there is a lot of people on here that know a lot more of the world than other 'rap' fans.

But at the same time, the ones with that little bit of knowledge ruin it when someone starts shitting on the 'deep' thread they've made.
Then it becomes a sonning/owning match between people.

Thats when the retardation kicks in.

I love this place

Storm
11-17-2008, 12:58 PM

Some good points made.
I think there is a lot of people on here that know a lot more of the world than other 'rap' fans.

But at the same time, the ones with that little bit of knowledge ruin it when someone starts shitting on the 'deep' thread they've made.
Then it becomes a sonning/owning match between people.

Thats when the retardation kicks in.

I love this place
Lmao.

THE MASON
11-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Outside of Forever, Wu aint ever really givin' much of a message either, unless you consider bringin' the ruckus and protecting your neck a necessity to life.

LOL

no idont consider the a necessity lol, i was speakin more alongs killah priest, despite how you may feel cant deny hes got some lessons to teach.

and like i said its all the individual listeners perspective on the track and what they can take out of it, to some protecting your neck and bringin the ruckus, might be the lesson learned

staliondan23
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
From my experience yes, other wu fans ive met generally know more about hip hop. You can actually have a legitiment conversation with them about the genre... 90% of the strictly mainstream rap fans i run into don't know shit...But like whats already been said here before, some of the people on this forum make ridiculous claims, and are close minded when it comes to any current music..People that think GZA or Killah Priest are the best mc's in the world right now need to get their head out of their asses..

food for thought
11-17-2008, 01:46 PM
dude, who is a better MC bro? lol

Tyler Durden
11-17-2008, 01:58 PM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/nsbrwttt/clii.jpg

Shogah
11-17-2008, 02:47 PM
generaly wu tang fans know more of hio hop than average mainstream listeners who based their taste of hip hop on mtv, vh1 and other media rather than changing their thoughts with other people. All that reflects to your thoughts and actions, BUT NOT NECCESARY

I learned a lot about hip hop when i came to this site.

And also you all overreact when you say that everyone here are some
killah priest and holocaust fanatics. I'd say rather not.

From what i experienced here i would say that wu fans know a lot about hip hop
and have different tastes and directions in hip hop.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-17-2008, 03:27 PM
, they just look for the "swagger" and overlook that message.

e

see this is what you new cats dont get. when wu came out, all they were concerned about was swag. they were all about looking hard for their hood, but they had the rhymes and shit, they could all rap their asses off. But it was never about the music for any of them apart from RZA. RZA was the only one driving the sound and the music side of it, RAe, Ghost, Mef all just wanted to show off and shit, act hard, be hood, ODB just wanted to act crazy and get money, people like Deck just wanted to spit those hard "intelligent" verses.

Which is why theres no difference to other rappers who come out now that you consider "dont care about hip hop, they just want money". Wu werent just about money, but thats only a state of the times. Theres alot more money in rap music now, so its known you can get rich from it. But still there wasnt some mythical deep connection to the art of hip hop, they were just fresh out the hood, probably still slinging crack when 36 was recorded, they didnt give a shit abotu rappers.

So this is where most of yall dont get it.

Exodus
11-17-2008, 03:53 PM
no

more pretentious? maybe, lol

JamSix
11-17-2008, 04:04 PM
see this is what you new cats dont get. when wu came out, all they were concerned about was swag. they were all about looking hard for their hood, but they had the rhymes and shit, they could all rap their asses off. But it was never about the music for any of them apart from RZA. RZA was the only one driving the sound and the music side of it, RAe, Ghost, Mef all just wanted to show off and shit, act hard, be hood, ODB just wanted to act crazy and get money, people like Deck just wanted to spit those hard "intelligent" verses.

Which is why theres no difference to other rappers who come out now that you consider "dont care about hip hop, they just want money". Wu werent just about money, but thats only a state of the times. Theres alot more money in rap music now, so its known you can get rich from it. But still there wasnt some mythical deep connection to the art of hip hop, they were just fresh out the hood, probably still slinging crack when 36 was recorded, they didnt give a shit abotu rappers.

dudes right, just look at C.R.E.A.M lol

Shogah
11-17-2008, 04:31 PM

You're right about that one.
But
http://jerryong.com/blog/boring.jpg

SAME videos, SAME hoes, SAME spiners, SAME grills, SAME cars,
similar beats, similar flows.
for like past 3 or 4 years

Now you will say, ''well back in the 90' rappers were also similar to each other.''
But NOT TO THIS POINT.

staliondan23
11-18-2008, 01:13 PM
dude, who is a better MC bro? lol

Well right NOW, how about NaS, Ghostface, Lupe, Saigon, Bronze Nazareth, Jay-Z, Scarface, Bun B, Big Boi, Andre 3k, Method Man, Q Tip, KRS-One, Rakim, Talib Kweli, Black Thought, Redman, shall i keep going man... After listening to Pro Tools you still think GZA the best??...i don't see why you're laughing because you're obviously one of the people i was talking about..

btw, im not your "bro"...brroooooo..

food for thought
11-18-2008, 03:05 PM
lol, looks like you awere trying real hard not to put TI and wayne in there lol

but abck to your nonsense,

q tip is better than GZA? wow

krs right now is btter than GZA?

lupes wack ass is btter than GZA? tokeeeyoooo ??? better than the genius?

method man is better than the genius?

jayz aint never been a LYRICIST. he can rap but he aint got no lyrical skills mr brother

redman with his jokes and jokes nad jokes and jokes spaghettit spagethtti lol

u dont know what u r talkig about.

aint no better LYRICIST than GZA ok thats my word

BOMB THESE NIGGAS GOD !!!

prrra718
11-18-2008, 05:13 PM
jayz aint never been a LYRICIST. he can rap but he aint got no lyrical skills mr brother

reasonable doubt probably has equal if not better lyrics then liquid swords....jayz defines lyricist....have you ever listend to jayz before? i dont understand how anyone could possibly say that about HOVA...GZA is tight dont get me wrong...but come on
________
Yamaha WR250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_WR250)

food for thought
11-18-2008, 05:26 PM
better lyrics than liquid swords? u talking out your ass now my brother.

he set up bombs in bottles of champagne and when niggas pop the cork niggas loast half they brain/like this ex burglar tried to smuggle a half-a-key in his left leg/ even underwent surgery/

that song alone >>>>> JAY Zs lyrics in his whole career son

word the fuck up

Bucellito 136
11-18-2008, 06:22 PM
wu heads IMO have a thirst for knowldege and are informed and conscious on a whole lot more.

feelin the same way
but we can't say it makes us smarter or not

TSA
11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
i have noticed all wu fans are lazy

admit it, your lazy

i am.

but i think Wu fans have more intelligent personalities then most other hip hop fans but they're not smarter cause they also seem to assume they know everything already and therefore don't learn

11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
It is my hypothesis that MOST wu-tang fans, myself excluded, are actually STUPIDER than the average hip-hop listener.

But they cling to wu-tang almost like they are trying to prove to others and themselves that they are "deep" or "enlightened", to make up for other deficiencies in their lives.

I don't like Soulja Boy, but I am not pretentious enough to assume that I am automatically better or more intelligent than someone else because they do like Soulja Boy.

Future
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
It seems like generally, wu fans know more about what's going on in the world and the streets. I don't know why, it just is.

If you ask the average rap fan these days who Nostradamus was they'd have no clue. Most wu fans at least know what he did.

If you ask most commercial rap fans these days what it means to sell a dime, they wouldn't even know that, I mean, that's not like an amazing thing or anything but it seems like all of hiphop today is fake.

You see kids going around singing about how they smoke as much weed as lil wayne but then they don't even know what weed looks like.

TSA
11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
yes, they are firmly in the boat of believing they're smarter then everyone else or musical taste dictates intelligence.

but they have the nuttiest personalities i'll give them (us) that

Future
11-18-2008, 06:34 PM
That was sarcastic right?

12weLvE
11-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Damn right we are... No doubt in my mind. We dont only listen to Wu... we listen to it all... even wack ass shit like the Carter 3... Everything gets a chance in order for it to be called wack.

Future
11-18-2008, 06:40 PM
^I hear that.

I listen to some stuff if it's actually got minimal credibility, I mean, I will never listen to T-Pain, but I did listen to The Carter 3 just to see if wayne ditched the lizard voice and got decent production.

Sean
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
People here are no where near as retarded as most mainstream rap fans that post on the internet. If you go to any other type of forum, or even in Youtube comments, the level of retardation is overwhelming. Wu corp doesn't represent all wu fans, just as youtube doesnt represent all hip hop fans.

In general though, musical taste doesn't really have a link with intelligence imo. I think smarter people would generally prefer Wu over Soulja Boy, but most smart people tend to look down on hip hop altogether.

11-18-2008, 07:29 PM
"are Wu headz generally smarter than average rap fans?"

of course!

just visit the "Know The Ledge" section for further proof

no other rap fans talk about the things that we do in there in such a form and fashion

PEACE

11th Chamber
11-18-2008, 07:32 PM
I guess these days hip hop is all about pop tracks and auto-tune

So yea Id say Ghostlaced has us all beat here

I don't like Soulja Boy, but I am not pretentious enough to assume that I am automatically better or more intelligent than someone else because they do like Soulja Boy.

http://soulja-boy.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/souljagirl.jpg

you think she's smarter than you?

food for thought
11-21-2008, 12:15 AM
lmao i know right haahahah

DJMethods
11-21-2008, 01:40 AM
It is my hypothesis that MOST wu-tang fans, myself excluded, are actually STUPIDER than the average hip-hop listener.

The sad part is I don't think you were being ironic.

Longbongcilvaringz
11-21-2008, 03:00 AM
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii309/nsbrwttt/clii.jpg

haha