PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever said to yourself...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
'man, I can really see this rappers personality' or 'man, I like it when he shows his inner self in his raps'

Sometime before I thought Killah Priest was a rapper like that, but he's just confused. Same with RZA and Nas.

I can clearly see the vintage innerself in the raps of Eyedea. Jay-Z. Eminem [not nowadays tho].

I could recognize Sage's or Slug's verse from a far....nah mean? It's like I know them.... not a lot of rappers/emcees do that. I think BIG and Pac showed a lot of themselves too...

What do you guys think?

TheCat
11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah thats the main reasons why i enjoyed PACs music so much, because you felt you got the know the man when he rapped.

other artist i feel that arent a shamed to show their inner self are

Scarface
Joe Budden
Guru
Ghostface Killah
Prodigy (on his solo works)
Lupe Fiasco

JerseyIronman
11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Ya...

Jay-z on Reasonable Doubt
Eminem on first 2 albums
Biggie on Ready to Die

I dont get the same introspective from someone like Nas, who is more of an observer.

claaa7
11-18-2008, 02:51 AM
I gotta add O.C. into this conversation, no doubt...

Dirty Knowledge
11-18-2008, 03:26 AM
Cormega...
NaS...
KP...
Jay-Z...
Biggie...
Eminem...

Man there's too many. Most rappers open up, even Lil Wayne and them. It's just some do it better
some do it alot, like Common
some just say fuck it and make chedder, like JEezy..but most of rap is opening up and letting people inside.

And if you could relate to some of it, then you feel it, if not, you don't so you won't bump it.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Man, we forgot REDMAN.

Listen to any of his albums, he's who he is...

Edgar Erebus
11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I can't love T.I. and Jeezy because I have the feeling that anyone could swagga like them, swagga like them, swagga like them. Seriously, I couldn't see nothing about Tip's personality else than he's an egomaniac. I like when artists have soul, them two dudes surely haven't got any.

I agree on Nas being more an observer, and it's greatest and most overlooked thing about him: his ability to sit down, look at the crazy world and write down his (although often confused and self-contradictory) thought about it. So you can see his personality in it too, if you want: he's like Inspectah Deck, a thinking introvert. Too bad that lately he spends too much time proving he's someone else.

claaa7
11-18-2008, 02:52 PM
oh shit, can't forget TRAGEDY Khadafi and Scarface...

THE MASON
11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
ODB!!!

i dont think anybody was himself more then ODB, you can pick out an ODB track from miles away

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-18-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah, but how much did he reveal in his tracks other than being totally nuts

THE MASON
11-18-2008, 04:26 PM
he loves pussy

he loves drugs

harlem world is one of the realest tracks

its aight to do what the fuck you want

claaa7
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
i haven't listend much to his music but i got a feeling DMX is that type of rapper but i might be wrong?

TheCat
11-18-2008, 07:51 PM
^ yes i agree DMX is deffinetly on the list, he even confesses his sins on records

Guarded By Martyrs
11-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Vinnie Paz & Sabac Red come to mind

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
anybody think Jay-Z showed much glimpse of himself.....like on Kingdom Come a few times, on Black Album, Blueprint(s), Reasonable Doubts, ....

I like how he's all gangsta'd up, but still have a conscience. He isn't just a egomaniac, like some people say [idiots and Nas fans]