PDA

View Full Version : Kanye's new album on the leak...

claaa7
11-17-2008, 06:47 PM
yes i said it......................................
what y'all think of it, i'll see if i find the time to listen to this but probably won't feel like it in the next couple of days cuz the shit i've been hearing from it hasn't exactly got me hyped.

adrianoter
11-17-2008, 11:19 PM
yes i said it......................................
what y'all think of it, i'll see if i find the time to listen to this but probably won't feel like it in the next couple of days cuz the shit i've been hearing from it hasn't exactly got me hyped.

its fucken shit, kanye is a fuckhead

Afficial_Nastee
11-18-2008, 08:19 AM
This belongs in the Sound Shack area....

Come Honor Face
11-18-2008, 08:43 AM
This belongs in the Sound Shack area....

Good call. This is certainly not hip-hop! I seriously think Kanye might actually be a homosexual. Not due to just this album. I've been gettin the feeling for a long time that he could be ghey.I'm serious. As far as the album goes, to my ears, I honestly don't think I've ever heard an album from a hip-hop artist that was as utterly horrible as this one! EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Cee
11-18-2008, 08:47 AM
i dont even consider kanye hip hop,hes a pop artist to me..and a corny ass one at that

claaa7
11-18-2008, 08:57 AM
i think Kanye has dropped enough quality beats for everyone and their grandmother over the latest years that he should definitely be considered one of the best hip-hop producers of this decade. I never enjoyed his rapping that much but at least he had something to say on "College Dropout" (which is a DAMN good album)... "The Takeover", "This Can't Be Life", "In Cold Blood", "Poppa Was A Player", "Get By", Dreams" and a whole bunch of other ill/classic shit.

my problem with him is his divaness, he's saying he is the best - but not in the same way as most rappers does but he got that complete gayness to him that you know you would have snapped his neck if he said that shit in your face lol. plus he is becoming extremely gay with his shit, i will play this album sometime in the future but i doubt i will enjoy it lol... damn kanye should start making beats for other artists again instead.

claaa7
11-18-2008, 08:58 AM
in case Kanye likes women he should put a "No Homo" sticker instead of the Parental Advisory Explicit Content one on this cover...

Afficial_Nastee
11-18-2008, 09:06 AM
in case Kanye likes women he should put a "No Homo" sticker instead of the Parental Advisory Explicit Content one on this cover...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Word up, LMAO....

J-Cee
11-18-2008, 09:40 AM
yeh hes a good producer..but it sickens me how cocky,arrogant and dillusioned he is...fuck him..

Rame
11-18-2008, 11:36 AM
I hope there's atleast some good music on it, not like the first few tracks I heard.

His first 3 albums were all bangers.

claaa7
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
The College Droput = Superior
Late Registration = Banger
Graduation = Dope production, wack lyrical content + gay flow = a bad listen IMO

TSA
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
the release party wont be allowed on youtube

http://www.corsakti.com/photo/prideparade/pics/orgs/jew.jpg

Art Vandelay
11-18-2008, 05:15 PM
^^

http://www.professionalmagic.co.uk/images/logos/virgin_logo.jpg

12weLvE
11-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Wow this album is trash!!! I just streamed the whole thing on youtube... I am only feeling the 2 singles and possibly the Paranoid joint.

Here are the name of all the tracks.. just type kanye west and the name of the track and you should be able to hear it all.

1. Say You Will
2. Welcome To Heartbreak featuring Kid Cudi
3. Heartless
4. Amazing featuring Young Jeezy
5. Love Lockdown
6. Paranoid featuring Mr. Hudson
7. RoboCop
8. Street Lights
9. Bad News
10. See You In My Nightmares featuring Lil Wayne 11. Coldest Winter

Kanye just murked himself with this one LMAO!!!

claaa7
11-18-2008, 05:50 PM
^^ the album that's available for download has 14 tracks though..

Sean
11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Hmmm....I just listened to a few tracks on youtube and all I can really say is wtf?

I've never really been into Kanye - never bought his albums or made an effort to listen to him - but I did kinda like his music, and there's no doubt that he's an ill producer. But this new shit is just wtf? I never really thought of him as "hip hop" but this stuff is pure pop/dance music. He's no longer a rapper; he's turned into a REALLY gay singer - and a bad one at that.

This weird thing is that this shit will still sell and make it to the top of the charts though lol

Afficial_Nastee
11-18-2008, 06:53 PM
This weird thing is that this shit will still sell and make it to the top of the charts though lol

That's what I always wonder....
How the fuck is that possible....

Sean
11-18-2008, 07:04 PM
^ lol. I can see why this shit would sell though. Just cause it's catchy and it's kinda different and new. And because it's Kanye. He's already got a huge fanbase who will buy into anything he does. Most of his fans aren't full on hip hop fans, they listen to more pop music etc, so they won't be bothered by the move away from the hip hop sound

INF
11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
this album is great. he done done it in my opinion. He straight flipped the script and the shit still bump. this is the next level and he knew that and brought it straight forward.

I'm buying this.

12weLvE
11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
this album is great. he done done it in my opinion. He straight flipped the script and the shit still bump. this is the next level and he knew that and brought it straight forward.

I'm buying this.

I really did hear the whole thing and its shit... IMO not owth buying yo. He claims to be so inovative, but this is far from original to me... he bit off the new trend with he singing and auto tone. I would have probably apprecitated another rap album from him. Dissapointed.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-19-2008, 01:24 PM
I never really thought of him as "hip hop" but this stuff is pure pop/dance music.

You have just exposed yourself as a homo. And no comments on Kanye West from you will be further necessary, please leave thru the nearest exit at the back.

And pick up a copy of College Dropout on the way.

12weLvE
11-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I am hooked on this one though... my FAv track by far!! Theres like 4-5 tracks I actually like... the rest of it is Hot garbage.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bDJAEJDgcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-bDJAEJDgcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

INF
11-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I really did hear the whole thing and its shit... IMO not owth buying yo. He claims to be so inovative, but this is far from original to me... he bit off the new trend with he singing and auto tone. I would have probably apprecitated another rap album from him. Dissapointed.

yeah to each they own.

I wasnt comfortable with the auto tune when I was hearing leak tracks here and there for the last 6 months. Listening to this as a whole though, and being a fan of the last three, and seeing the almost...."human condition" through kanye (cuz his albums and art is that honest or real)

I think he did it again. He's growing older , he lost his mom , he can understand how you arent always gonna be on top. There are a lot of things that are there to think about and theming it as a Heartbreak album was perfect for that IMO.

idk man..... I'm feeling it and he keeps it short to 12 tracks with no skits or filler. Dude straight did it and a YEAR later.

A lot of artist just cant even keep up to that no matter if its bullshit or not.

so anyway ... I'm listening to KP's the Offering now so ..

:spin:

Sean
11-19-2008, 01:36 PM
You have just exposed yourself as a homo. And no comments on Kanye West from you will be further necessary, please leave thru the nearest exit at the back.

And pick up a copy of College Dropout on the way.

wtf you talking about? I just mean like when I hear his music I don't really think "hip hop", it's hard to explain. And I'm talking more about his more recent stuff really, so maybe that comment was a little exaggerated, I'll admit that.

But how the hell does saying that make me homo? You're just fuckin retarded, plain and simple. You're 22 and act like a 14 year old

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-19-2008, 01:40 PM
aight sean peace whatever, but you did just say Kanye west wasnt hip hop but whatever. I said homo because I would honestly say somone who calls themself a hip hop fan in the first place but doesnt think Kanye is hip hop is not far from the level of a homo in the schme of things,,,,,,those so called hip hop heads annoy me the most of any type of fan

12weLvE
11-19-2008, 01:43 PM
I think he did it again. He's growing older , he lost his mom , he can understand how you arent always gonna be on top. There are a lot of things that are there to think about and theming it as a Heartbreak album was perfect for that IMO.

so anyway ... I'm listening to KP's the Offering now so ..

:spin:

You have a point there.

And yo thats crazy I popped in the Offering @ 8:00 am this morning to write a paper...glad people are still enjoying that album.

INF
11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
hahahaha

I hated on the offering HARD when it came out. I dont even know why. I remember putting it on a disc and driving to work to it and being like "man , fuck that" and I never looked back or dug it back out till I was starting to be too familiar with BTSG.

now I see why that each album has its own habitat or whatever and thats whats really dope.....to me.

staliondan23
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
wtf you talking about? I just mean like when I hear his music I don't really think "hip hop", it's hard to explain. And I'm talking more about his more recent stuff really, so maybe that comment was a little exaggerated, I'll admit that.

But how the hell does saying that make me homo? You're just fuckin retarded, plain and simple. You're 22 and act like a 14 year old

He has both hip hop and pop music, to say he's only one or the another is just incorrect.

You can't tell me that some of his tracks off CD, LR, and Graduation were not hip hop. And thats not even including some of the other production hes been doing since Jay-Z's Blueprint dropped.

So no it doesn't make you a homo, it just makes you wrong.

JamSix
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
This album is gonna be hit-or-miss to the general public alone, let alone the dudes on this board, its gonna get a lot of hate here (evidently). Personally I think Ye did it again, the tracks with Jeezy and Wayne are heaters, dudes just findin' new ways to deliver. I wouldn't call it hip-hop, but theres no reason someone should shut it out just because of that, its still good music.

I'm glad this is only 12 tracks though, they all really sound the same as it is, I'd hate to even imagine this as an LP like College Dropout or Late Reg. I've gave it a couple plays and Ill go as far to give it 7/10, not sure if it will withstand the test of time tho.

staliondan23
11-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Even though i do think 808's and Heartbreak will sell well, does anyone think it will come close to Graduations debut?? Which sold around 900,000 copies in its first week.. I still imagine a lot of fans being turned off by this album..I'm guessing it will sell around 500,000.

food for thought
11-19-2008, 02:50 PM
where is it available for download at?

somebody up that wack ass shit

11th Chamber
11-19-2008, 03:24 PM
I bought his first three albums, and loved them, but im not checking at all for this shit

I cant do the auto-tune thing. Not happening

He should have jus followed the script and done Good Ass Job like he originally planned

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-19-2008, 03:54 PM
^what you talking bout willis hes still doing that album this is just a side project he's let out for the fans.

i got 808 now its pretty cool, i dont know, its good, whatever. And it will probably only sell 400k. It doesnt have any major singles.

I think its cool though, hes doing something diffferent, taking risks.

I love the songs Robocop, Coldest Winter, and See You IN my Nightmares.

I dont like Love Lockdown much. Im afraid it sounds a bit amateur.

As usual with West, this album sounds fresh, the beats are frsh, the sounds are fresh and new...he's leading the way.

My only major disapointment with the album though was Jeezy's verse. It was OK but he has been spitting so much better than that recently, I dotn know what happened there.

Sean
11-19-2008, 04:03 PM
aight sean peace whatever, but you did just say Kanye west wasnt hip hop but whatever. I said homo because I would honestly say somone who calls themself a hip hop fan in the first place but doesnt think Kanye is hip hop is not far from the level of a homo in the schme of things,,,,,,those so called hip hop heads annoy me the most of any type of fan

Yeah like I said I may have exaggerated a little, I was mainly thinking of his more recent stuff (not just this album though). I still stand by what I said though, most of his music isn't really "real hip hop" to me if you know what I mean, but I do get what you're saying. It's hard to put into words, but that's just what I think when I hear Kanye.

Sean
11-19-2008, 04:13 PM
He has both hip hop and pop music, to say he's only one or the another is just incorrect.

You can't tell me that some of his tracks off CD, LR, and Graduation were not hip hop. And thats not even including some of the other production hes been doing since Jay-Z's Blueprint dropped.

So no it doesn't make you a homo, it just makes you wrong.

Nah I didn't say none of his music is hip hop, just overall to me he's more of a pop artist.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-19-2008, 04:27 PM
You can be a hip hop artist and a pop one at the same time. It is allowed. There are no laws against it. Theres no "rules" to this shit, he just happens to make VERY VERY good hip hop, so it became more popular.

Modern undergound backpack rap isnt popular because it isnt very good. It only appeals to certain type of people because its musical range is narrow. it just isnt very good music, take for example an album like White Van Music by Jake One that came out. Modern backback rap genre. And its aload of boring,tired, shitty songs that no one who isnt a nerd wants to hear.

Its just not very good music.

The fact is the best hip hop is normally the best selling. Outkast, Kanye, Jay Z, Lil wayne. Whether you like it or not its the truth.

There was a time that Mobb Deep were the biggest sellers in New York, albums like Hell On Earth, Murda Music were going Platinum in the 90's. They had no radio songs, but they WERE THE BEST of the type of hip hop we had to offer, so they sold the most.

Sean
11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
^ yeah I agree, I don't really listen to that much underground backpack stuff, but I like stuff like Black Milk and Elzhi. But anyway, that's not really what I meant with Kanye. It's not the fact that his music is popular that makes him a "pop artist", it's the type of music he makes. I wouldn't consider those other rappers you mentioned as pop artists but with Kanye I would. It's not that I don't like his music or think it is bad(except this new album, I think this is really musically bad), it's just not my taste and to me a lot of it isn't really hip hop.

Jin10304
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
The fact is the best hip hop is normally the best selling. Outkast, Kanye, Jay Z, Lil wayne. Whether you like it or not its the truth.

So should I say all hail Vanilla Ice & MC Hammer?

derek41
11-19-2008, 11:23 PM
I gave this a listen just a minute ago. WOW this shit is terrible. That auto tune shit is the softest shit I have ever heard. Who thought that was ever a good idea. The vocoder with Roger troutman was dope, this shit is so bad. Even the beats were lame disco pop cornball music. This shit aint hip hop. Kanye has truly made dope beats in the past but his new shit is why hip hop sucks .

THE MASON
11-19-2008, 11:34 PM
my girl just made me listen to this, she doesnt usually get music choice, feel me?

absolute garbage, that autotuner bullshit is gettin out of control

kanye used to be decent too

too bad, oh well another emcee down the drain

tical2000
11-19-2008, 11:53 PM
I think that the songs "heartless", "love Lockdown", "Paranoid" are good tracks.....but do we really need a whole album of this autotune shit....

.....Kanye West should have just made a rap album with these two tracks on it to mix it up....dont know if I can take a whole album of this autotune shit...

it's not a terrible album, but I don"t see it geting many spins from me

it may go down as being classic, as it is such a weird album for hip hop and such a departure for WEST

drippie k
11-20-2008, 12:24 AM
its almost when cee-lo did the whole gnarls barkley thing

its cool i guess, but id much rather hear the dude rappin...im not even sure if i like him singin on that auto-tune shit or not, there are worst artists on it than him tho

drippie k
11-20-2008, 12:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzdl_XxHz1U&feature=iv&annotation_id=event_47942

^^^^^but watch this^^^^^^^^

the silencer
11-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Hmmm....I just listened to a few tracks on youtube and all I can really say is wtf?

I've never really been into Kanye - never bought his albums or made an effort to listen to him - but I did kinda like his music, and there's no doubt that he's an ill producer. But this new shit is just wtf? I never really thought of him as "hip hop" but this stuff is pure pop/dance music. He's no longer a rapper; he's turned into a REALLY gay singer - and a bad one at that.

read the whole thread, but my thoughts come closest to this comment^^...

i also kinda liked Kanye over the years, some joints by him that I LOVE (altho i never actually copped any of his albums or gave extended listens to them) but this shit just ain't for me...

this type of sound is the sad last gasp of breath from a dead hip hop corpse....

or at least a dead MAINSTREAM hip hop corpse, cuz Kanye seemed to me to be one of the last guys who sells tons of records and actually makes some legit hip hop music..

this is just Britney Spears type shit to me....

11th Chamber
11-20-2008, 03:18 AM
I love the songs Robocop, Coldest Winter

those songs are among the worst Iv heard all year

Come Honor Face
11-20-2008, 03:24 AM
I am just amazed by how bad this album is! Homosexuals probably think this albums gay! The only way it could have been any worse is if he got Thea to sing some hooks on it for him.

RynMur
11-20-2008, 06:05 AM
^sounds like ghostlaced liked it

Edgar Erebus
11-20-2008, 10:18 AM
^ No homo ^

iniquity
11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
. solid album, dude's talking about real life events instead of how many cars he has or some 5% shit .

THE W
11-20-2008, 10:33 PM
off first this album sounds metro as hell.

not something im gonna cop but really the only album i liked from yeezy was graduation and i hardly ever listen to that anymore.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-20-2008, 11:09 PM
yeh hes a good producer..but it sickens me how cocky,arrogant and dillusioned he is...fuck him..

I agree...he's no Jay-Z

Always thought he as a great producer...but not a very good rapper.

9th Chamber
11-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Just listened to whole thing all the way through. At first I was like this isn't so bad. But as I listened I got more and more annoyed!! I think two or three songs in this style mixed in throughout an album would've been much better. I can't see myself ever relistening to this again. The only other time I get that annoyed is when I'm driving in Quebec ( for the Americans out there Quebecers are terrible drivers!!!).

J-DON
11-26-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm actually enjoying the album but I listen to more than just hip hop so I'm not really offended that its not a hip hop album like some of you are.

Dope Shit

Say You Will
Heartless
Street Light
Bad News (the instrumental is tight)
Amazing

Alright Shit

Paranoid
Love Lockdown
Welcome To Heartbreak
Coldest Winter

Wack Shit

Robocop
See You In My Nightmares

Overall its like a 7. I probably won't listen to it after 2 weeks.

iammzac
11-27-2008, 02:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbbcciTYeY

Guarded By Martyrs
11-27-2008, 03:00 AM
Modern undergound backpack rap isnt popular because it isnt very good. It only appeals to certain type of people because its musical range is narrow. it just isnt very good music

Its just not very good music.

......You really are an idiot aren't you.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but, show some respect :

8o3_KfcaIJE
4yOFl-vBQQc

When this dispay of lyricism is shown (in general)...
How you can say it's not very good music is simply...dumb.

But I expect nothing less from you.

It's actually not the truth.
The fact is they simply have a wider fan base.
This has nothing to do with their skill level only who they appeal too.

Like Sean said : this new album is wack, but it will sell.

Outkast & Jay-Z I think are excellent.

Lil' Wayne & Kanye West are watered down substances to me.

Edgar Erebus
11-27-2008, 03:12 AM
After few listens I realized that I now mainly listen to first four songs, after that I get suddenly bored. "Welcome to Heartbreak" is my favorite, and "Say You Will" a close second. That tribal 808 shit he is rocking now is something incredibly good, but it's too bad he didn't stick for that sound for the whole album and instead opted to go for mainstream sounding shtick in the 2nd half.

I give it a 6/10.

derek41
11-27-2008, 11:16 PM
I give this a 2.6, shit is wack son.

supreme M
11-27-2008, 11:25 PM
wow what a gay fucking album
kanye has allways been a good artist too bump at partys and in the clubs n shit - and ive enjoyed his shit
but wtf is this bullshit, are you singing now? fucking faggot
and its 100% robocop voice wich makes it a milli times more gay

supreme M
11-27-2008, 11:27 PM
i just puked on my screen
kanye west, hope god takes you next

supreme M
11-27-2008, 11:28 PM
let me hetro this thread up with some new cappadonna shit
qFcvlPi9IqI

TSA
11-27-2008, 11:45 PM
not a kanye fan so i woun't be checkin for this, and i can't get the energy to listen to it but when is this supposed to drop?

J-DON
11-28-2008, 12:34 AM
it came out tuesday

Main Street
11-28-2008, 03:15 AM
it wouldnt be so bad if all the songs didnt sound the same

theres no variety at all

SL33
11-28-2008, 03:24 AM
lol @ everybody talking about pop autotune crap on 5 pages.....

album is garbage.