PDA

View Full Version : It's a shame

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 08:39 AM
How a rapper can go from this :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/falp3jzyOOQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/falp3jzyOOQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

To this :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOK0HXS5a4w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DOK0HXS5a4w&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I knew he was dope back in the day cuz I know his '95 cd for quite a while (track I posted is from his first cd from '93) but yo check how he is now I think Fat Joe is the exact example of a SELLOUT....

Tage
11-19-2008, 08:41 AM
money.

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 08:50 AM
money.

Yeah you can blame the record labels for that, but I mean rappers who were also down with the D.I.T.C. crew still keeping it real nowadays : O.C. , Lord Finesse
So it's also the rapper who decides to keep it real or not....

GhettoGnom
11-19-2008, 09:24 AM
As long as he keeps making this:
rig2J-510L8

Agc-LdNRtIM

rYrPhLdFkRY

bcBjiq6Q3gc

I'm all good!
Elephant in the Room got some of Joe's best material (though it's far from the level of his first couple of albums, but that's because of the horrible filler material).. He still go hard, fuck you if you disagree.

Thank God for that whiiiiiite!

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-19-2008, 09:52 AM
wtf is this all about? You gotta change with the times. He wouldnt be around if he carried on making the sort of music he was in the first video. That time is a whole different time of hip hop, it wasnt possible to make as much money then, but because hip hop is the greatest form of music ever made eventually it got incredibly popular and there were obvious chances to be making money. fat Joe is a REAL STREET NIGGA he was big-time in his day, he was making Hip Hop to look hard in front of his hood at that time, just like Mobb Deep, Wu Tang were etc etc. If theyd of known at that time they could of been making millions of dollars instead im sure they wouldve tried to.

This is what you new homo's just dont understand, music styles WILL change, people get bored of same old shit anyway, no one will jsut carry on making the same sounding music, thats not creative.

Durag
11-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Niggas getting paid. Yeah, i think his new style is wack too, but he had an oppurtunity to make FAR more money than he would have and he took it. Most rappers would take that chance if they got it. Look at Mobb Deep and MOP signing to G-Uint. Thing is they failed though, miserably.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
This is what you new homo's just dont understand, music styles WILL change, people get bored of same old shit anyway, no one will jsut carry on making the same sounding music, thats not creative.

The Truth.

Now think about that for a second...

Edgar Erebus
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Fat Joe was always commercial. Think about it. He was always being hooked up with what was selling at the moment.

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I do understand his love for the money cuz we all love money BUT :

just cuz Boom Bap records don't sell that well anymore doesn't mean you gotta jump over to the opposite to of it and makin' poppy songs....

Definition of a Sellout : sell out when a band/singer/rapper changes their music/style in order to sell records.

Y'all can say that time changes or that you can't keep doin' the same thing or whateva that still doesnt mean you gotta get on tracks with cats like Lil'Wayne doin' pop shit while you was a Boom Bap rapper in the 90's....
Just look at the rappers who were also down with the D.I.T.C. Crew: do y'all see Lord Finesse or O.C. doin' the same stuff that Fat Joe does nowadays? I guess not....

JamSix
11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
I do understand his love for the money cuz we all love money BUT :

Definition of a sellout : when a band/singer/rapper changes their music/style in order to sell records.

So fuck dat, y'all can say that time changes and all that but whateva, that doesn't mean you gotta be makin' poppy tracks with cats like Lil'Wayne while you was Boom Bap in the 90's....

I mean, look at the rappers who also were down with the D.I.T.C. Crew : do y'all see Lord Finesse or an O.C. doin' the stuff that Fat Joe does nowadays? I guess not....

Wow nigga you lost it, look at Wu, C.R.E.A.M to Starter, look at Nas, It aint hard to tell to Make the World go Round, look at Killa Cam, CoC to Dipset... You really think niggas who've been in the game 10+ years are gonna maintain the exact same sound and image? Are you 15 years old and not developed as a person at all?

EVERYBODY's persona changes over time, sure money has an influence on it but if you really think that is the soul root then you lost.

prrra718
11-19-2008, 03:04 PM
wtf is this all about? You gotta change with the times. He wouldnt be around if he carried on making the sort of music he was in the first video. That time is a whole different time of hip hop, it wasnt possible to make as much money then, but because hip hop is the greatest form of music ever made eventually it got incredibly popular and there were obvious chances to be making money. fat Joe is a REAL STREET NIGGA he was big-time in his day, he was making Hip Hop to look hard in front of his hood at that time, just like Mobb Deep, Wu Tang were etc etc. If theyd of known at that time they could of been making millions of dollars instead im sure they wouldve tried to.

first time i ever heard somebody call fat joe "a real street nigga"
________
Honda QR50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_QR50)

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow nigga you lost it, look at Wu, C.R.E.A.M to Starter, look at Nas, It aint hard to tell to Make the World go Round, look at Killa Cam, CoC to Dipset... You really think niggas who've been in the game 10+ years are gonna maintain the exact same sound and image? Are you 15 years old and not developed as a person at all?

EVERYBODY's persona changes over time, sure money has an influence on it but if you really think that is the soul root then you lost.

I WASN'T sayin' that, cuz the rappers you named : Wu-Tang, Nas etc. are still keeping it real, maybe not as good as their first cd's, but I still like the stuff they bringin' out....

The point of this thread was that how could you change so much like Fat Joe did, I can see that some of y'all on here don't like Mr Xcitement cuz Golden Arms did some commercial club songs on that one....
(I don't know that cd though)....

OFCOURSE they change, but rappers like The Wu make positive changes, rappers like Nas as well, cuz you still like their music or the stuff that they're rapping on records, nahmean?

A rapper like Fat Joe just doin' poppy songs nowadays.... That ain't a positive change....

GhettoGnom
11-19-2008, 03:13 PM
A rapper like Fat Joe just doin' poppy songs nowadays....

YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO HIS ALBUM, SO DON'T FUCKING BASH IT.

Jesus, TRY to listen to at least one of the tracks I posted.. Listen to this:
Agc-LdNRtIM

Do you call that a "poppy song"? :/

FUCK 'EM, FUCK 'EM, FUCK 'EM FUCK 'EM FUCK 'EM

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
^^^^

That track is crap, he has got a whining flow on that one and you just can't compare that with his earlier stuff so....

prrra718
11-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I WASN'T sayin' that, cuz the rappers you named : Wu-Tang, Nas etc. are still keeping it real, maybe not as good as their first cd's, but I still like the stuff they bringin' out....

The point of this thread was that how could you change so much like Fat Joe did, I can see that some of y'all on here don't like Mr Xcitement cuz Golden Arms did some commercial club songs on that one....
(I don't know that cd though)....

OFCOURSE they change, but rappers like The Wu make positive changes, rappers like Nas as well, cuz you still like their music or the stuff that they're rapping on records, nahmean?

A rapper like Fat Joe just doin' poppy songs nowadays.... That ain't a positive change....

i liked make it rain...i dont own the W or iron flag...i didnt even kno wu-tang had a new album out untill i came back to the corp....i stopped listening to wu-tang after supreme clientel maybe...gravel pit? as for nas 2....that new single is trash with chris brown and game....hero was alright at best....i wouldnt buy that record ever....these artists youre saying are making change...aren't....they arent relivent 2 the times theyre not coming with a cool change if you ask me....and as far as just doin poppy songs wasnt fat joes last single produced by premo and was called thank god for chyna white or someshit?
________
herbal vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/)

derek41
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
You are exactly right Afficial. Fat Joe is a sellout, and countless other rappers are sellouts. They don't give a fuck about the music, it's all about the paper for them. That's cool, I guess, but I am not going to spend my money on it. I am 31 years old, so honestly, I could care less about cats that are only about money. KRS said rap is something you do, hip hop is something you live. None of these cats live hip hop, It is their source of income until they got to go back to slanging crack, because I can gaurentee none of these rappers have any discernable trade skills besides slanging. As a black man in the US, I can say that I am embarassed to tell people that I listen to rap and am involved in the music as a DJ, because noone really respects the artform. That's why sellouts will always get grammy's, because the mainstream is not made for hip hop, and hip hop is not made for the mainstream.

GhettoGnom
11-19-2008, 03:22 PM
^^^^

That track is crap, he has got a whining flow on that one and you just can't compare that with his earlier stuff so....

Well, you might think so, but that don't change the fact that he still make hard shit in the same vein as he did in the beginning of his career, which means this whole topic is meaningless and you're a hypocrite defending Mr. Nasir "Oochie Wally" Jones

-sqnNktfgKE

Again, Thaank God for that whiiiiiiteee!

That White > any track on Untitled (though Sly Fox comes close)

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
^^^^

LMAO he made one average track and you call that "hard shit in the same vein as he did in the beginning of his career" ?
Whateva....
I ain't saying that Nas his last cd is that dope ( fuck dat bullshit with Chris Brown bein' on there) but at least he still keeps it real with the lyrics.... His lyrics on his last cd are good....

derek41
11-19-2008, 03:40 PM
^^

Nas fell the fuck off during the escobar years and he is one who I would call a sellout. He has been trying to get back to his early days and his last cd did have really good lyrics and subject matter. I hate when rappers put the new lame ass r&b singer on there albums (ala Chris Brown, t-pain, akon) just to sell albums, that shit is just played out.

CharlesJones
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Afficial Nastee and Derek41, i agree with ya'll. Fat Joe is a bitch. I stopped liking him after Jealous One's Envy album and i stopped liking Nas after It Was Written album. I like money too but making good music is more important than getting money. Too many rappers are consumed with only getting money instead of making good music. That's why so many of them crossover to try and get on the radio and get a platinum album. Like Derek41 said, a lot of rappers know that they can't do other jobs besides rapping because they know they have no job skills and if they were to go on a job interview, they probably would wear baggy clothes and sneakers hahahahahahahahahahaha. Plus jobs aren't gonna hire rappers with tattoos all over them either LOL. Maybe McDonald's or Burger King might hire you looking like that LOL.

CharlesJones
11-19-2008, 03:59 PM
Afficial Nastee and Derek41, ya'll should check out what i posted at Gangsta Rap topic yesterday. I'm gonna click on it and type something just so ya'll can see what i typed.

derek41
11-19-2008, 04:04 PM
^^^^
hahahhahahahah too true. I have met rappers doing this dj shit, and I can tell you that the ones you see on TV, the jeezy's, the Wayne's are dumber than a box of rocks. Dudes are too high to formulate complete sentences. The few articulate and intelligent rappers never sell, but they still make good albums, and they would rip apart these cornball rappers if they were ever to battle. Aceyalone was one of the coolest brothas out there, and he basically told me that he makes more money from dividends and smart investing than he does from this rap shit, he just loves making music and that is what this game needs, especially in these times.

GhettoGnom
11-19-2008, 04:18 PM
LMAO he made one average track and you call that "hard shit in the same vein as he did in the beginning of his career" ?

Get It For Life, KAR, 300, Preacher On A Sunday Morning, My Conscience & That White are all good to great to classic tracks imo, but I'm not even arguing about QUALITY here. You came in on some "Fat Joe only make pop tracks nowadays", which is straight bullshit.

And back to Nas, he's trying a lot harder to sell albums than Fat Joe.. "Hip Hop is Dead".. "Nigger"... Dope or not, the motherfucker is an album-selling-gimmick.

Nas turned away from his foundation already on his second album, jumping on the raekwon-mafioso bandwagon.
Now, who's a fucking sellout?

Hypocrite.

Oh, and to Derek, Aceyalone = top 3 dead or alive. The Lonely Ones, November 25. Hopefully it turns out better than Lightning Strikes =)

Afficial_Nastee
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Nas always came through with the lyrics, what you blame him for having controversial cd titles?! It's about the content not just the title of the cd....

Ok, he might took those title's for extra attention for his cd that's dropping but if you look back most of his cd titles have been kinda extraordinary : Illmatic : who ain't gonna check a cd that's called ILLMATIC? Stillmatic : You know the status of Illmatic in 2001, so who doesn't want to check STILLmatic?
You can't call him a sellout for the name of a cd title that , it's like I said bout the content of the cd....

Nas sure made moves into that shit that Fat Joe does nowadays , like in '99 when he did that You can hate me now track with Puffy....
But he always had decent good lyrical tracks.... And Nas has always been a lyrical rapper so he ain't a fucking sellout....

GhettoGnom
11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
^^Fat Joe has never been any more of a lyrical rapper than he is today, so he ain't a sellout either. He has ALWAYS been about making banging music, nothing more.

derek41
11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh, and to Derek, Aceyalone = top 3 dead or alive. The Lonely Ones, November 25. Hopefully it turns out better than Lightning Strikes =)

Aceyalone's book of human language is the dopest album he ever released, and in my personal top 5. Also I hope his new album is better than the last one. I wasn't feeling the dancehall stuff.

derek41
11-19-2008, 04:42 PM
^^Fat Joe has never been any more of a lyrical rapper than he is today, so he ain't a sellout either. He has ALWAYS been about making banging music, nothing more.

To bad none of his music actually bangs though.

GhettoGnom
11-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Aceyalone's book of human language is the dopest album he ever released, and in my personal top 5. Also I hope his new album is better than the last one. I wasn't feeling the dancehall stuff.

Couldn't agree more.
Mumbles keeps the same mood throughout the album (if you like the production on this, check out Lewis Parker - Masquerades & Silhouettes.. Not really similar, but still kind of similar. One of the best produced albums ever), and Aceyalone comes sharp as fuck.

To bad none of his music actually bangs though.
Couldn't disagree more.
Check the track with Apache & Kool G Rap I posted in the hardcore Hip Hop thread for proof.
Or just listen to this:
CA7DvbWy7bs

claaa7
11-19-2008, 05:05 PM
the funny thing about Fat Joe is how he was always bashin' sell-outs and "niggas catchin' dope deals and all that... to hell with them".

food for thought
11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
fuck fat joe. fake ass wu heads up in here

derek41
11-19-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll admit I did like Jealous one's envy, but the rest of it is just bad. Big Pun was the only thing keeping him relevant towards the end of Pun's dayts.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-19-2008, 10:34 PM
As long as he keeps making this:
rig2J-510L8

Agc-LdNRtIM

rYrPhLdFkRY

bcBjiq6Q3gc

I'm all good!
Elephant in the Room got some of Joe's best material (though it's far from the level of his first couple of albums, but that's because of the horrible filler material).. He still go hard, fuck you if you disagree.

Thank God for that whiiiiiite!

yeah joey crack still goes hard as hell especially cuz he still reps ny unlike cuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttt iiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssss
lol

Suga Duga
11-20-2008, 02:51 AM
how can you hate on the "make it rain" song when it comes with that kinda video?

DJ KHALED IS HOLDIN JOEY'S UMBRELLA!!!!!!!

prrra718
11-20-2008, 08:44 AM
yeah joey crack still goes hard as hell especially cuz he still reps ny unlike cuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttttttttt iiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssss
lol

nah fat joe represents the 305 these days lol

Orion Nebulus
11-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Afficial Nastee and Derek41, i agree with ya'll. Fat Joe is a bitch. I stopped liking him after Jealous One's Envy album and i stopped liking Nas after It Was Written album. I like money too but making good music is more important than getting money. Too many rappers are consumed with only getting money instead of making good music. That's why so many of them crossover to try and get on the radio and get a platinum album. Like Derek41 said, a lot of rappers know that they can't do other jobs besides rapping because they know they have no job skills and if they were to go on a job interview, they probably would wear baggy clothes and sneakers hahahahahahahahahahaha. Plus jobs aren't gonna hire rappers with tattoos all over them either LOL. Maybe McDonald's or Burger King might hire you looking like that LOL.

Hahahaha well said.

claaa7
11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
fuck fat joe. fake ass wu heads up in here

lol get the fuck outta here with that comment, i suppose raekwon and ghostface is fake wu heads as well for frequently collaborating with the guy?

Edgar Erebus
11-20-2008, 09:06 AM
nah fat joe represents the 305 these days lol

I'm 100% sure that he shouted out New York more than once on his last album. Could it be that he reps two cities now?