PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones

Visionz
11-19-2008, 12:40 PM
Making the world go round and keeping me employed. I run a cell phone store so if you need advice or got questions, post it here and I'll help out if I can. :t

SKANK HILL
11-19-2008, 12:42 PM
how much you selling nokia n95's for?

Visionz
11-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Sprint has't carried a nokia phone in years so I couldn't help with that

food for thought
11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
yo i told my boy to jack me a phone from lost and found where he works at the college.

i got cricket. is it possible to use a "found" phone like its mine?

check two
11-19-2008, 01:50 PM
I think some cell phone providers should offer more 'non contract' plans. I'd rather pay more for a phone and not get a rebate thing..rather to be stuck in some 2 year contract and maybe end up not liking the provider, having not that good of coverage, etc.

Visionz
11-19-2008, 02:27 PM
yo i told my boy to jack me a phone from lost and found where he works at the college.

i got cricket. is it possible to use a "found" phone like its mine?

Cricket can re-flash any CDMA phone (meaning Sprint or Verizon, maybe some other local companys such as Altell, there's usually gonna be some kind of charge for them doing so, what it cost I think depends on the kind of phone you're using, the more the phone does (such as a Blackberry) the more it cost

I think some cell phone providers should offer more 'non contract' plans. I'd rather pay more for a phone and not get a rebate thing..rather to be stuck in some 2 year contract and maybe end up not liking the provider, having not that good of coverage, etc.

Sprint has one non-contract plan (but it sucks) for a brand-new activation. If you've already got service it depends on the provider what extends your contract out. If you've got Tmobile it can mean a rate plan change w/ Sprint discounts on the phone is the only thing that will extend the contract out so if you're willing to buy the phones outright you can upgrade w/out extending.

For brand-new activations most companies will give you 30 days to try out the service to make sure you don't have any issues as far as coverage and what not.

HANZO
11-19-2008, 04:00 PM
today a friend took one of my phones then downloaded this program onto it. basically what it did was it allowed him to control my phone through his phone. he can hang up calls, phone someone, lock my phone. play a stupid ringtone and then lock my phone. freaky CIA shit.

its a sony Ericsson program, its great fun.

Visionz
11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
^that shit sounds crazy, like a remote log-in for a pc but through a cell phone, very CIA-like indeed

check two
11-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Do you sell cell phone jammers in your store?

Visionz
11-19-2008, 04:57 PM
nah and honestly and wouldn't really know what their purpose is just cause of the security of a (atleast CDMA) wireless networks. I have no idea how your friend's software works but the signal on a cell phone tower hops repeatedley so they should be (atleast in theory) damn-near unhackable

check two
11-19-2008, 05:20 PM
I saw on a Criminal Minds episode where a killer used a phone jammer to make the victim's cell phones not work, and they weren't able to call for help. Also it might be useful for places like a movie theater for when some irritating teenage bitch is talking or texting on her cell phone, while other people are trying to watch the movie.

HANZO
11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
nah and honestly and wouldn't really know what their purpose is just cause of the security of a (atleast CDMA) wireless networks. I have no idea how your friend's software works but the signal on a cell phone tower hops repeatedley so they should be (atleast in theory) damn-near unhackable

it only works if bluetooth is on. its basically installing a programme on the target phone, so to do that the other phone must accept it. then you can control it.

Visionz
11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I saw on a Criminal Minds episode where a killer used a phone jammer to make the victim's cell phones not work, and they weren't able to call for help. Also it might be useful for places like a movie theater for when some irritating teenage bitch is talking or texting on her cell phone, while other people are trying to watch the movie.
I could see that cuz it would just fuck up all signal frequencies in a given area. Keying on to a particular one would be another story entirely but yeah we're a full service and repair center as well so we're trying to make sure phone work no knock 'em outta commision :lmao:
it only works if bluetooth is on. its basically installing a programme on the target phone, so to do that the other phone must accept it. then you can control it. ahh, that makes even more sense, so its almost exactly like remote access, having to accept the connection and everything

onna side note, if anyone is ever looking to fuck with someone, change to little title where most people put their name to "no service" or "service restricted" hahaha, the not-so-technically savy will be baffled fo'real

diggy
11-19-2008, 08:26 PM
My local news did a story on cell jammers and they are illegal. If a person is making an emergency call and it is jammed by some vigilante, then he could be sued.

check two
11-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Do the Sprint stores usually have more of a selection of phones to pick from then the phones that are listed at the Sprint site, or not? It seems like a whole lot of those irritating Nextel hoodrat walkie talkie push to talk things are on the Sprint site.

How are those cell phones with the translucent outer screens? They seem pretty decent looking.

Visionz
11-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Do the Sprint stores usually have more of a selection of phones to pick from then the phones that are listed at the Sprint site, or not? It seems like a whole lot of those irritating Nextel hoodrat walkie talkie push to talk things are on the Sprint site.

How are those cell phones with the translucent outer screens? They seem pretty decent looking.are you talking about the newer Katanas?

check two
11-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I was. Isn't that Katana brand decent at all? lol And how are Samsung phones? There seem to be a lot of them around from various providers.

Visionz
11-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Yeah, I was. Isn't that Katana brand decent at all? lol And how are Samsung phones? There seem to be a lot of them around from various providers.Sanyos (makers of the Katanas) are for the most part rock solid, Samsungs are mostly good but they've put out a couple of stinkers.
LG's mostly good phones. Blackberrys are the best PDA's on the market for a multitude of reasons. Nextels are the ONLY good motorola phones, everything else they put out, phones or PDA's, suck to a high degree.

What kind of phone you're looking at should depend on what kind of features you're looking to get out of a phone and how much money you're willing to spend on one.