PDA

View Full Version : New York

wi1s
11-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi all,

You may think this is a stupid question, but im going on a trip to new york this weekend for the first time (I'm from London). Is there any good record stores that sell decent non commercial hip hop that anyone can recommend and let me know the location?

Thanks in advance!

DrunkenMasta303
11-20-2008, 07:07 AM
aint no new yorkers in here man, this site is dominated by aussies n eurofags

wi1s
11-20-2008, 07:17 AM
Thats the impression i get.

prrra718
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
fuck record stores man you want some autentic new york shit you gotta find mixtape spots....fatbeats is an offical store so is virgin....but if you want the street shit and "underground" shit or whatever you gotta find a mixtape spot or a dude with bootlegs...theyre not hard 2 find but if you cant find someone i could hook you up in the bronx...
________
how to roll a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net)

Orion Nebulus
11-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi all,

You may think this is a stupid question, but im going on a trip to new york this weekend for the first time (I'm from London). Is there any good record stores that sell decent non commercial hip hop that anyone can recommend and let me know the location?

Thanks in advance!

Ummm good luck with that. There were a couple of good record stores but they closed down. NY has become wack when it comes to music. Virgin Megastore in Times Square is your best bet. They have some decent underground stuff there. I just forget about stores and just order shit online for example.....UGHH.com

prrra718
11-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Ummm good luck with that. There were a couple of good record stores but they closed down. NY has become wack when it comes to music. Virgin Megastore in Times Square is your best bet. They have some decent underground stuff there. I just forget about stores and just order shit online for example.....UGHH.com

^^couldnt disagree more with NY has become wack when it comes to music...you sound crazy....shits not like it use 2 be but there is mad shit bumpin that is fire 2day...

wi1s
11-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the info, im staying near time square so guess ill checkout the virgin megastore and just generally have a good scout about.

Orion Nebulus
11-20-2008, 09:07 AM
^^couldnt disagree more with NY has become wack when it comes to music...you sound crazy....shits not like it use 2 be but there is mad shit bumpin that is fire 2day...

Ummm ok.