PDA

View Full Version : Why Jesus isn't the Son of God

dawood
11-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Id like to narrate a story. One day Jesus was talking to someone and a women over heard. She wrote a poem about it and it explained how Jesus said "I am definitely not the son of God". I read it on the internet so it must be true

Mic Tyson
11-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Rofl. Its funny that jesus never said that he was god in the bible

Edgar Erebus
11-20-2008, 10:16 AM
True, he always spoke about himself as the Son of Man. He only said "You said so" to the high priest after his arrest, when they asked him explicitly if he's God's son.

But, then again, you have Matthew 3:17, which says explicitly: "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

INF
11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
maybe the creator of earth isnt the god whom this son belongs

WARPATH
11-20-2008, 11:41 AM
To put it quite bluntly:

If you believe that we came from a creator that gave us life, then technically speaking we are all son/daughters of God.

sarr
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Id like to narrate a story. One day Jesus was talking to someone and a women over heard. She wrote a poem about it and it explained how Jesus said "I am definitely not the son of God". I read it on the internet so it must be true

stupid

Koolish
11-20-2008, 02:29 PM
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 14: 9
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 04:29 PM
^ Putting that into context with other verses, he also maintained he was Son of Man.

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.(John 14:28)"

Koolish
11-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Hebrews 2: 9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Mic Tyson
11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
he didn't say I AM god.

find a verse where he said he was god

Koolish
11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Jesus was not God, he was man, that does not mean he was not the Lord.

Cee Oh Vee
11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
And you say we contradict ourselves.

Koolish
11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
see how i used the word WAS

Cee Oh Vee
11-20-2008, 05:29 PM
I am not dyslexic, you didn't do anything clever there.

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I am not dyslexic, you didn't do anything clever there.

lol i agree,

Regardless of how the word "was" was used, it did not conjure up conclusive argument but rather an opinionated statement.

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

why did you quote this and in what context?

it does not support any of your arguments at all.

Cee Oh Vee
11-20-2008, 05:54 PM
ktl is my hometown

prof zooruka
11-20-2008, 05:58 PM
why did you quote this and in what context?

it does not support any of your arguments at all.

it does by saying he was made a little lower than the angles denotes that before he was manifested as a man he held a postion higher than that of the angles and the only postion higher than the angles is GOD...so that proves JESUS is GOD...

peace

Cee Oh Vee
11-20-2008, 06:00 PM
the only postion higher than the angles is GOD

How did you come to this conclusion, sir?

prof zooruka
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM
well there are only angles and GOD in heaven.....

Cee Oh Vee
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
That doesn't prove your statement.

prof zooruka
11-20-2008, 06:11 PM
That doesn't prove your statement.

yes it does....because it says that he was made a little lower than the angles...when he was made man....so that shows before he was manifested into flesh (man)...he was higher than the angles and was only made lower than them after he was made flesh...and if there is only angles and GOD in heaven that means JESUS was/is GOD.

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 06:11 PM
it does by saying he was made a little lower than the angles denotes that before he was manifested as a man he held a postion higher than that of the angles and the only postion higher than the angles is GOD...so that proves JESUS is GOD...

peace

Peace,

Actually when I read the quote I interpret it as stating that he was lower than an angel period.

But the quote denotes the intention that he was only "slightly" lower thus highest of humans. That seems to be a more conclusive assumption based on what we read from Koolish's quote.

There is however, no direct mention of Jesus being God.

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 06:14 PM
yes it does....because it says that he was made a little lower than the angles...when he was made man....so that shows before he was manifested into flesh (man)...he was higher than the angles and was only made lower than them after he was made flesh...and if there is only angles and GOD in heaven that means JESUS was/is GOD.

Again, I believe the "made a little lower than the angels" is quite apparent. He was made highest of humans, but just lower than an angel to highlight the respect and status Jesus had.

In fact this quote is not valid to make the conclusive assumption that Jesus IS god.

Cee Oh Vee
11-20-2008, 06:16 PM

I cringe in reaction to your words.

Do you really understand what you're saying?

Because if you did, you surely would not believe it.

prof zooruka
11-20-2008, 06:16 PM

it cant be that he was lower than the angles period... you have to read the above quote in its proper context...it`s saying that he held a postion of authourity higher than the angles but was made lower "for the suffering of death".

peace

oDoUoSoKo
11-20-2008, 06:28 PM
To put it quite bluntly:

If you believe that we came from a creator that gave us life, then technically speaking we are all son/daughters of God.
agreed.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-20-2008, 06:38 PM
To put it quite bluntly:

I agree.

"He Was Made"

Therefor he isn't God.

Or it would say...he transformed into a man, he himself would do it
It wouldn't be done to him.

Thats how I see it anyway.

I always found this very interesting :

"Even Now In Heaven There Were Angels Carrying Savage Weapons"

Pehaps swaying towards everything in Heaven isn't sacred ?

Please, continue...

RzaRectum
11-20-2008, 06:58 PM
well there are only angles and GOD in heaven.....
Okay, but what about the Angels? Surely they were there too.

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Lol ^^^

Meanwhile...
"Where does it say Jesus is God?

"Well, in Hebrews Chapter..." :z Sorry I switched off...

Once again a christian turns to the books of Paul the Deceiver (assuming it was actually Paul who wrote Hebrews, there is doubt) to try and justify their claims of Jesus being God.

...and "I and the Father are one."

Classic esotericism.

Jesus was an Essene.

SHEM HETEP

prof zooruka
11-21-2008, 02:26 AM
"He Was Made"

Therefor he isn't God.

Or it would say...he transformed into a man, he himself would do it
It wouldn't be done to him.

Thats how I see it anyway.

the "he was made" part doesnt imply creation...you have to read the passage in its context ....it implies rank..."he was made lower than the angles" ..means that he was given a postion or rank that was lower than the angles....it doesnt mean he was made litrally implying creation.

peace

Visionz
11-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Revelations 2:23 And I will kill her children with death and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts and I will give unto every one of you according to your works ----------Jesus (Mr. Peaceful)

diggy
11-21-2008, 02:35 AM
LOL.

Does prof zorooka know of anything other than the bible???

prof zooruka
11-21-2008, 02:41 AM
Revelations 2:23 And I will kill her children with death and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts and I will give unto every one of you according to your works ----------Jesus (Mr. Peaceful)

my bible doesnt say kill her children it says I will kill her followers...and this is talking about those who follow jezerbel( wether they be her children or her followers)...why should these people be put to death..... because they committe sexual immorality and eat food offered to idols and refuse to repent therefore the punishment of GOD will fall on them... why did GOD or JESUS do this if he is about peace ( i dont know) this must be the punishment for those ( like the people mentioned in the passge) who refuse to turn from there wicked ways....eberything has a consequence.

peace

prof zooruka
11-21-2008, 02:47 AM
p.s ... this is the punishement of GOD....GOD is the one to enact it...but islam teaches that man should take it apone themselves to hand the punishment out....but what man has the right to decide who should and shouldnt die only GOD can do that.

peace

Visionz
11-21-2008, 02:49 AM

you will know a tree by its fruit, Jesus is a murderer who kills children based on the sins of their MOTHER

diggy
11-21-2008, 02:52 AM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!

Prof, you have been defeated you idiot.

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-21-2008, 02:59 AM
my bible doesnt say kill her children it says I will kill her followers...and this is talking about those who follow jezerbel( wether they be her children or her followers)...why should these people be put to death..... because they committe sexual immorality and eat food offered to idols and refuse to repent therefore the punishment of GOD will fall on them... why did GOD or JESUS do this if he is about peace ( i dont know) this must be the punishment for those ( like the people mentioned in the passge) who refuse to turn from there wicked ways....eberything has a consequence.

peace

The emphasised is the truest thing I've ever seen you write.

SHEM HETEP

Cee Oh Vee
11-21-2008, 09:59 AM
you will know a tree by its fruit, Jesus is a murderer who kills children based on the sins of their MOTHER

...According to the (edited) bible.

`Isa (peace be upon him) was not such a thing.

RzaRectum
11-21-2008, 11:34 AM

Revelations 2:24
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

Visionz
11-21-2008, 02:59 PM
...According to the (edited) bible.

`Isa (peace be upon him) was not such a thing.

Revelations 2:24
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

don't get it twisted on why I'm taking one line and blowing it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY outta proportion. It's just to show that, one the line IS there and can be used to paint a picture completely different than what was actual, and two to show how idiotic it is to sterotype an entire religion off of one verse

Edgar Erebus
11-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Is it about something zooruka said? I don't know, I stopped reading his posts a long time ago.

Visionz
11-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Is it about something zooruka said? I don't know, I stopped reading his posts a long time ago.
he's about to go on the ignore list if he keeps droppin his utter bullshit

how reasonable is it to preach religion to a person that's read the book your religion is based upon? Does he really think I don't know the Bible's stance or what it teaches?

Edgar Erebus
11-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Mah, he just repeats what he heard on this Sunday sermon... Or even more probably, trolls around. Anyway he's not worth of bother.

11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Jesus = any other human being on the planet earth = GOD

PEACE

drippie k
11-26-2008, 02:06 PM
jesus predicted george lucas making star wars

dawood
11-27-2008, 08:37 AM
prof zooruka can you see how your own techniques have been used against you?

ALl muslims should know the foundations of the bible and none of us truely think of christianity as a violent religion but we have used the same reaosning you have used in order to disrespect islam. I suspect you are very young and ignorant to be honest but think about what your saying. You have nothing but critisise Islam and have completely ignored any points raised that you cant answer and then you talk about how it is ok to kill someone if they are sinful??? Sinful according to who? Christian bible that is constantly changing to fit modern politics? If so, should I follow your lead and go around killing anyone who drinks? After all drinking is sinful in my religion? Your a hypocrite and an idiot.

Take a world religion course or something, you'll learn the truth about other religions and you'll probabily understand your own religion for the first time

Edgar Erebus
11-27-2008, 12:49 PM
He's a troll, why waste words?