PDA

View Full Version : KRS + Marley Marl = CLASSIC

DEVAMPS
11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
i was just listenin to the album HIP HOP LIVES and realized this track THE TEACHAS BACK is heavily slept on...

Z4GI9-OegkU

classic

-The A to the Z-
11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Album was pretty good...the beats shined out the slightly overindulgent lyrics.

But shortly after listening to it I discovered that KRS-ONE is a complete and utter git.

DEVAMPS
11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
yeah album was pretty good-- teachas back is the illest on there in my opinion that beat is nuts

claaa7
11-20-2008, 12:32 PM
oooooooh shit, this was always one of my favorite joints of the album.. nasty beat and one of the better songs lyrically.. i don't get all the hate this album caught though, the production was straight nasty throughout and KRS had moments of brilliance though this concept got tired quickly..

just so you know the album version of "Teacha's Back" is actually a remix by K-Def, a producer that is criminally slept on everywhere.. he has produced with Marley since early '90s and produced classics (that many probably believe is Marl's work) for Lords of the Underground, Tragedy, A.D.O.R., Da Youngsta's and even Ol' Dirty Bastard and The Theodore Unit/Ghostface. peep his work, satisfaction guaranteed!

DEVAMPS
11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
o yeah true that i just looked at the booklet and it says prod. by marley, remixed by k fed...

i mean the single was real hot too and the video is ill, they did it correct

iWa4UpajKTc

THE MASON
11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Man this is one dope track

KRS is a grandmaster, whenever he starts talkin i always start listenin

Imma check for this cd, is the rest this dope?

DEVAMPS
11-20-2008, 01:14 PM
those two songs i posted are the highlights in my opinion, but the rest is good no doubt-- its just dope to have those 2 legends collab on a album like that

food for thought
11-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Man this is one dope track

KRS is a grandmaster, whenever he starts talkin i always start listenin

Imma check for this cd, is the rest this dope?

jus a couple tight tracks man IMO

beats were hard, bu i felt KRS was being madd repetitive so it got a lil dull.

The Hound
11-20-2008, 05:16 PM
they could've come harder ... it was nice, i liked it but i thought a bit more effort and it would have been better

crds
11-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Good album, but not great, it could have been a lot doper, let's be honest, I expected more from Marley behind the boards, but it was ill to hear KRS enjoying himself.

War and Peace
11-21-2008, 04:02 PM
yeah VAMP-

the whole album is a hiphop classic to me-

i banged it for a couple months straight when it came out-

yo another joint that really grew on me was MUSIKA-

peace-

claaa7
11-21-2008, 04:31 PM
^^ same here, i wasn't feeling "Musika" at all from start but that's a really dope piece.. Marley Marl used that beat for a remix to "Bridgin The Gap" by Nas also i think.

CharlesJones
11-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Hip Hop Lives album is wack because of the beats. I was disappointed. I didn't like any of the songs on the album. KRS One has been making wack albums for awhile. His last good album to me was Kristyles. He's still lyrically good but i'm not feeling his beats anymore.