PDA

View Full Version : Reasons to Love Judaism

Shogah
11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
1. It is the first monotheistic religon, the ancestor of all the modern religions,
the ancestor of the modern religious thought.
2. Complely exists in harmony with the nature and science.
3. Only monotheistic religion that is FULLY following to one of the most important foundations of one monotheistic religions.
Do Not Worship Idols.

http://www.all-in-travel.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/christ-the-redeemer.jpg

4. Judaism is NATIONAL religion. Therefore It doesn't obligate anyone to its principles.
It is not puting its own truth as the ultimate and final like islam and christianity does.
It is meant for the jews and so it does not get in conflicts with other cultures and religions so much.
Judaism never spread its ideas by the sword as christians and muslims did.
Even when kingdom of Israel was at its peak...

Judaism just holds it down for itself. For his people. Jews are not forcing their truth over someone elses as christians and muslims do.

NO ONE has the right to put their truth as the FINAL and ULTIMATE. No one.

So stop with that bulshit htreads "Why Jesus is not Son Of God" and "why Muhamed is not a real prophet"

Personaly i admire Jesus ideas and the pure story of the father who sacrifised himselff for the sins of his children. That is one of the most powerfull stories ever written and told in the history of mankind, whether i believe it or not.
But still nobody has the right to force it as the ultimate truth.

I am ot so familiar with muhamed, i must admit.

The point of this thread is:
Stop forcing your own truth as the right one, and let us live our lives happily in our own believes and traditions.

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 06:49 PM
All religions radiate a degree of hostility.
What we must remember is that fundamentally, we must find ourselves a path to submit to God directly.

I also believe your claims are somewhat flawed and I would like to show this with the following quotes of Exodus:

Exodus 2:12 "And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand."

^Talking of Moses himself.

Exodus 32: 27,28-29
27And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

28And the children of Levi did according to the word of Moses: and there fell of the people that day about three thousand men.

29For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves today to the LORD, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day.

Mic Tyson
11-20-2008, 07:24 PM
matza ball soup is good as fuck yo

TSA
11-20-2008, 08:12 PM
yeah but prince rai the eqyptians were chasing the jews to continue enslaving them you can say he's hostile for killin the nigga

NO SKE MASK, ILL SHOOT A NIGGA FACE OOFF

TSA
11-20-2008, 08:13 PM
btw

"And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand."

im spittin this on wax, the bible has the DOPEST rhymes in history

"behold i come as the thief, and blessed is he who watcheth and keepth his garments"

NNNNNNNNNNNNNnaassstttY!

Prince Rai
11-20-2008, 08:16 PM
btw

"And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand."

im spittin this on wax, the bible has the DOPEST rhymes in history

"behold i come as the thief, and blessed is he who watcheth and keepth his garments"

NNNNNNNNNNNNNnaassstttY!

lol that is a dart for real.

I get ya. Of course you will defend yourself if a Pharaoh wants to enslave you and your people. That's why I was trying to infer that it is unwise to say that Judaism never raises a sword. of course it does.

But Judaism also teaches peace.

And make the best bagels.

sarr
11-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Jews werent the first monothestic religion/people...the Egyptians at one point started worshipping the sun (Rah) as the first God (at one point, one of the pharoahs claimed only the sun as their God...and dissolved all other beliefs in other Gods - forgot which pharoah) and they did this before the Jews.

But yes, Judaism is a good religion..has its flaws though.

Mic Tyson
11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
as does every religion. since they're made by man

except for 5%ers

Face of the Golden Falcon
11-20-2008, 08:26 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings...

Actually the Kamau (Ancient Egyptians) always had one God called Neb Er Tcher (Lord of All). The various "gods" that you're familar with (properly Neteru) are manifestations of the one God. The "Pharaoh" (properly Shekhem) you're speaking of is Ankh En Aten, he worshipped the Sun called Aten, not Ra. Ra was not the Sun.

SHEM HETEP

TSA
11-20-2008, 08:55 PM
ppl always talk about religions being imposed on ppl blah blah blah but i think the only religions to do so notably are christianity and islam. never heard of a buddist colony n shit

diggy
11-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Shogah, what are the basics of Judaism?

Shogah
11-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Shogah, what are the basics of Judaism?

Generaly people always look at 13 principles of jewish faith which are written by
Maimonidis. Maimonidis was jewish philosopher and writer born in Cordoba, Spain 1135 year.
Of course you can always go for 10 commandments but those are for all the people and whole mankind. These principles are regarding strictly for judaism, but you can probably find similar in islam.
I'l go as simple as i can( i don't know them by heart, i will check in the book)

1.Believe that God is ultimate creator. He was, is and will be creating all things.
2.Believe that God is One. There is no unity like his.
3.Believe that God is not in physical form, and you can not apply body-like terms on him.
There is nothing alike Him, on any way.
4.Believe that God is first and the last.
5.Believe that you should strisctly send your prayers to God and no one else.
6.Believe that all the words of prophet are the truth.
7.Believe that Moses prophesies are true. He was the greatest. (Like Muhhamed Ali)
8.Believe that whole torah we have is the one that was given to Moses
9.Believe that torah will never change and God will never gove another one.
10.Believe that God knows all the men's actions and thoughts.(Psalm 33:15)
11.Believe that God awards the one that are obeying his commandments and punishes the one that are breaking them.
12.Believe in the comming of Messiah. As long as it takes you should wait.
13. Believe that the dead will be revived when the time comes and when God decides.

I assume these all are written in the torah, but maimonidis made it all simpler and easier to understand.

But the REAL thing is this:
Most important aspect of jewish life is FAMILY. Family is the core of Judaism.
The center of jewish life is the family. You can also say that family is the basic of judaism.
Judaism is the combination of the oposites like ying and the yang
That is one of the meaning of the david star. Two triangles which are confortating.
So also the coexistence with nature and with other people is also one of the basics of Judaism.

diggy
11-21-2008, 10:26 PM
Generaly people always look at 13 principles of jewish faith which are written by
Maimonidis.

1.Believe that God is ultimate creator. He was, is and will be creating all things.
2.Believe that God is One. There is no unity like his.
3.Believe that God is not in physical form, and you can not apply body-like terms on him.
There is nothing alike Him, on any way.
4.Believe that God is first and the last.
5.Believe that you should strisctly send your prayers to God and no one else.
6.Believe that all the words of prophet are the truth.
7.Believe that Moses prophesies are true. He was the greatest. (Like Muhhamed Ali)
8.Believe that whole torah we have is the one that was given to Moses
9.Believe that torah will never change and God will never gove another one.
10.Believe that God knows all the men's actions and thoughts.(Psalm 33:15)
11.Believe that God awards the one that are obeying his commandments and punishes the one that are breaking them.
12.Believe in the comming of Messiah. As long as it takes you should wait.
13. Believe that the dead will be revived when the time comes and when God decides.

Judaism is the combination of the oposites like ying and the yang
That is one of the meaning of the david star. Two triangles which are confortating.
So also the coexistence with nature and with other people is also one of the basics of Judaism.

Well, those 13 beliefs sound reasonable.

Sham-iLL
11-21-2008, 10:31 PM
I will address the mistakes you made in your post.

To #1:

Judaism is not the first religion.
Who came first, Ishmael or Isaac?
Ishmael did.
Ishmael who? Ishmael, Isaac's older brother, first son of Abraham.
Ishmael = Father of Islam
Isaac = Father of Judaism
Ishmael came first, therefore Islam = First.

Now to address parts of #4:
Yes, Christians and Muslims have murdered people to get them to convert to their religion.

However, Jews are not an exception since they killed a bunch of Palestinians in order to form the state of Israel.

And that is all.

11-22-2008, 02:41 PM

...and now to address the mistakes in your post.

I will address the mistakes you made in your post.

To #1:

Judaism is not the first religion.
Who came first, Ishmael or Isaac?
Ishmael did.
Ishmael who? Ishmael, Isaac's older brother, first son of Abraham.
Ishmael = Father of Islam
Isaac = Father of Judaism
Ishmael came first, therefore Islam = First.

...all this = nil.

Neither Judaism nor Islam were the first religions or monotheistic religions.

SHEM HETEP

Sham-iLL
11-22-2008, 02:55 PM
^So then what was?

11-22-2008, 04:49 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Sham-iLL...

^So then what was?

This was posted earlier in the thread...

Jews werent the first monothestic religion/people...the Egyptians at one point started worshipping the sun (Rah) as the first God (at one point, one of the pharoahs claimed only the sun as their God...and dissolved all other beliefs in other Gods - forgot which pharoah) and they did this before the Jews.

But yes, Judaism is a good religion..has its flaws though.

It's not completely correct so I posted this next...

Actually the Kamau (Ancient Egyptians) always had one God called Neb Er Tcher (Lord of All). The various "gods" that you're familar with (properly Neteru) are manifestations of the one God. The "Pharaoh" (properly Shekhem) you're speaking of is Ankh En Aten, he worshipped the Sun called Aten, not Ra. Ra was not the Sun.

SHEM HETEP

As far as the very first religion? Guess that depends on what is meant by religion. People have had traditions and cultures centred around the existence of a god long before Islam and Judaism.

SHEM HETEP

Sham-iLL
11-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Oh alright, thanks for the enlightenment, I was not aware of that at all.

GENERAL WISE
11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Peace and blessings,

It isn't mandatory to subscribe to a religion.

I prefer to follow the religious guidelines from many religions.

AKA philosophy.

11-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Peace and blessings,

It isn't mandatory to subscribe to a religion.

I prefer to follow the religious guidelines from many religions.

AKA philosophy.

:yes: :clap:

Memory Man
11-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Jewish Supreme Mathematics:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wp6Rmhza41U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wp6Rmhza41U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWVJ77-xLqI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWVJ77-xLqI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKaKC5F1VFM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKaKC5F1VFM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

INF
11-22-2008, 07:50 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wp6Rmhza41U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wp6Rmhza41U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWVJ77-xLqI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eWVJ77-xLqI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKaKC5F1VFM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gKaKC5F1VFM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bout time you came through :chef:

Shogah
11-22-2008, 08:15 PM
Judaism was first monotheistic religion, cause we are talking about the real thing, not some sun worshipers in egypt. It's just not the same.
You just can't compare worshiping sun to the idea of God that we have today.
An that idea(that is transcripted in christianity and islam) is beyond concepts of sun or somehing else.

Sham-iLL
11-22-2008, 08:25 PM
^ Ishmael was born before Isaac, so Islam preceded Judaism.

11-22-2008, 08:59 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Shogah...

Judaism was first monotheistic religion, cause we are talking about the real thing, not some sun worshipers in egypt. It's just not the same.
You just can't compare worshiping sun to the idea of God that we have today.
An that idea(that is transcripted in christianity and islam) is beyond concepts of sun or somehing else.

Regarding sun worship, I find it kind a funny how you consider the worship the god of Judaism (which cannot be proven as real) as the real thing over sun worship when the sun is there everyday, doing its thing, as real as you can get, but anyways...

Forgetting Atenism (worship of the Sun in Kamit [egypt]), I have already posted this...

Originally Posted by Face of the Golden Falcon http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1390306#post1390306)

SHEM HETEP

...earlier, and in fact, re-posted it as well.

The traditional spiritual system of Kamit is a one God (monotheistic) concept established atleast 1000 years before Judaism.

SHEM HETEP

Sham-iLL
11-22-2008, 09:39 PM
When I type Neb Er Tcher on wikipedia it re-directs me to Osirus...

11-22-2008, 09:51 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Sham-iLL...

I guess no one has done a write up on Neb Er Tcher on Wikipedia yet. It probably redirects you to osirus (properly Ausar) because it probably mentions Neb Er Tcher in there somewhere.

SHEM HETEP

Olive Oil Goombah
11-22-2008, 09:52 PM
its better to burn oooooooooutttt...than to fade awaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Falcon, I am not attacking what you're saying about Kemetism, and I am assuming you know a great deal more about it than I do, but isn't modern Kemetism a relatively new religion based on a melange of different ancient Egyptian religions and spiritual beliefs?

As I understand it,(and once again, I am not saying that I am right) the ancient Egyptians were predominantly polytheistic.

There were many different sects, each who would in fact worship one God, but at the same time acknowledge the existence of many gods. That is not true monotheism.

Now, I know that each village or city or sect or whatever essentially had their own religion, as there was no "official" ancient Egyptian village.

However, if I remember correctly, and once again, maybe I don't, there was one Pharaoh, I believe one of the various Amenhoteps, who during his rule, did institute a form of monotheism during his reign, but it was very brief(20 years?), and it was a gradual process, where he first said that Aten was the supreme god, and eventually did in fact say that he was the only god.

So, looking where my ramblings have taken me, maybe I am not disagreeing with you after all. I guess it is true that Atenism was the first monotheistic religion, but it only lasted 10 years.

However, maybe it was a precursor to Judaism?

Either way, I definitely don't know a lot about Kemetism, particularly, but it certainly doesn't seem any worse than any other religions.

Anyway, it is interesting stuff.

Feel free to correct any mistakes

11-22-2008, 11:09 PM
P.E.A.C.E and Blessings Irondan1...

Falcon, I am not attacking what you're saying about Kemetism, and I am assuming you know a great deal more about it than I do, but isn't modern Kemetism a relatively new religion based on a melange of different ancient Egyptian religions and spiritual beliefs?

Kemetism is actually a word I have never heard of before. I just then googled it and it apparently covers Kemetic Wicca, Kemetic Rivivalism and Reconstruction as well as the Ausar Auset Society and the teachings of Ra Un Nefer Amen (the later of which is the foundation of my spirituality although I am not a part of the Ausar Auset Society). Which is interesting.

I can't speak for the Kemetic Wicca or Kemetic Rivivalism and Reconstruction as I know little if anything about them. The teachings of Ra Un Nefer Amen, whilst new, in that, it is an approach to Kamitic spirituality that the western world has not seen before, in my opinion is a far more accurate understanding of it. The proof is in the pudding so to speak. If we approach Kamitic Spirituality with a western mindset and western concepts of God, we finish up more confused than to start with. Not to mention the fact that western religion and concepts of God have led to the spilling of innocent blood, the dark ages, witch hunts, suicide bombers, genocide, slavery, KKK, etc etc etc. Yet the Kamau lived in harmony with the earth and each other for 3000 years.

As I understand it, (and once again, I am not saying that I am right) the ancient Egyptians were predominantly polytheistic.

Perhaps neither monotheistic or polytheistic is the best word describe their concept of God. It is however made as plain as day in Kamitic scripture that they believed in ONE GOD, and that all that exists is manifest from that one God, called Neb Er Tcher (Lord of All). It is a concept of Oneness that goes beyond any Judeo-Christian concept of God. So perhaps in fact it is an insult to try and label the Kamitic Spritual system as monotheistic. :?

There were many different sects, each who would in fact worship one God, but at the same time acknowledge the existence of many gods. That is not true monotheism.

As stated above, when it is understood that these "gods" were manifestations of the One God then maybe it is.

Now, I know that each village or city or sect or whatever essentially had their own religion, as there was no "official" ancient Egyptian village.

However, if I remember correctly, and once again, maybe I don't, there was one Pharaoh, I believe one of the various Amenhoteps, who during his rule, did institute a form of monotheism during his reign, but it was very brief(20 years?), and it was a gradual process, where he first said that Aten was the supreme god, and eventually did in fact say that he was the only god.

Amen Hetep IV changed his name to Ankh Un Aten, abolished the traditional spritual systems of Kamit and instituted the worship of the Aten (Sun). It was done for political reasons (probably as well as to satisfy his own ego). It's inferiority to the traditional systems can be seen in that the traditional systems were reintroduced as soon as his reign was over. However the damage of Ankh Un Aten's reign had been done and essentially this was the begining of the downfall of Kamit.

So, looking where my ramblings have taken me, maybe I am not disagreeing with you after all. I guess it is true that Atenism was the first monotheistic religion, but it only lasted 10 years.

However, maybe it was a precursor to Judaism?

It's quite possible that the monotheistic version of Judasim borrowed concepts from Atenism.

Either way, I definitely don't know a lot about Kemetism, particularly, but it certainly doesn't seem any worse than any other religions.

I take it you're not a fan of religion.*D

Anyway, it is interesting stuff.

Feel free to correct any mistakes

Feel free to add-on

SHEM HETEP

diggy
11-22-2008, 11:53 PM

Nice vids.

Do you have more?

And to the others disagreeing, it doesn't matter which religion was first; they source is one God.

Memory Man
11-23-2008, 10:47 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6883697077237953903&ei=XzEqScLhCZCYrAL1tbW3BA&q=stan+tenen&hl=en

diggy
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6883697077237953903&ei=XzEqScLhCZCYrAL1tbW3BA&q=stan+tenen&hl=en

Thanks.

Can anyone answer these questions?

Some Jews talk about the Torah, Talmud, and Tanya, but which do y'all follow and what is the significance of each one?

What is a Jew? Is he/she a person who follows a certain religion or a person with a certain genetic makeup?

Sham-iLL
11-24-2008, 07:24 PM
Shyne is a Jew. Even if he's black.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
11-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks.

Can anyone answer these questions?

Some Jews talk about the Torah, Talmud, and Tanya, but which do y'all follow and what is the significance of each one?

What is a Jew? Is he/she a person who follows a certain religion or a person with a certain genetic makeup?

"Jewish" is nothing but a religion. All different races or ethnicities can be Jewish. Technically speaking, a person is considered to be born Jewish if they are born to a Jewish mother. However, if someone were to convert to Judaism, then they are no less Jewish than anyone else.

The basic, and technically only, "official" Jewish religious text is the Torah, or 5 books of Moses, or the Old Testament, whatever you want to call it.

The Talmud is almost like an addendum to the Torah. It was composed by rabbis and religious leaders. It is widely accepted and referenced by the Jewish community, but is not an official religious scripture.

I am not familiar with the Tanya.

diggy
11-24-2008, 08:41 PM
"Jewish" is nothing but a religion. All different races or ethnicities can be Jewish. Technically speaking, a person is considered to be born Jewish if they are born to a Jewish mother. However, if someone were to convert to Judaism, then they are no less Jewish than anyone else.

The basic, and technically only, "official" Jewish religious text is the Torah, or 5 books of Moses, or the Old Testament, whatever you want to call it.

The Talmud is almost like an addendum to the Torah. It was composed by rabbis and religious leaders. It is widely accepted and referenced by the Jewish community, but is not an official religious scripture.

I am not familiar with the Tanya.

Thanks.

I heard from a Jewish show that the Tanya is some mystical book - it maybe related to kabbalah. I just wanted to know if many Jews use it.

Sham-iLL
11-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I know Kabbalah is a mystical magical alchemy book.

dawood
11-26-2008, 09:21 AM
its a joke to say that judaism doesn't preach violence given the way that the Jews now occupy Jeruselem. That blood is on Jewish and christian hands. The west had a lot to do with palestine aswell, this is why islam is now waging war on teh west, NOT because they want u all to convert to islam. How many of you have met a muslim who has told you to convert to his or her religion?

Also, Judaism is a respected religion in Islam anyways so if you want to be a Jew, carry on (although if you are not Jewish by blood then you are not consdered equal with other Jews which is a bit of a joke coz why would god only bless one very small group of people?) I believe God gives us all a chance to worship him alone, he gave the israelites judaism, teh west christianity and the middle east islam. But I follow islam because I believe the message allah gave to moses was not complete. Neither was the message he gave to Jesus. I believe Muhammed SAW was teh final prophet and brought the completed message and was the seal of monotheism. This is why it is so crucial that muslims stamp out Bhidda acts (adding or subtracting something from islam) because muhammed performed islam in its perfcetion. Islam also teaches great family values. And if you look at the problems of today, the teachings of teh qu'ran forbade these problems way before they became problematic. Look at the major problem of drugs, gambling, alcohol, unhealthy eating, bad family values, objectified women etc etc and you will see that Islam has laid teh foundation for any man to avoid the problems of today. I have had nothing but love from my muslim brothers and sisters it is a great religion and we certainly donr try and push our religion on anyone else

dawood
11-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I have this link specifically for showing people what Zion means but as it talks about how David (US) conquered this area I think it contradicts your statement about how you are a peaceful nation. Jeruselem is a result of command and conquer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zion

dawood
11-26-2008, 10:10 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Legion

real peaceful