PDA

View Full Version : how the fuck can my CD-player play a CD that....

claaa7
11-21-2008, 06:23 AM
isn't even in the player??

i've got this portable CD-player that is connected to my soundsystem and yesterday I had been playing Jay Dee's "Welcome 2 Detroit" from front to back. about an hour or so later i take out the CD and put it in it's case and put in a Scarface album... the shit starts playing from first track and the song I hear as track 1 is actually the last track on Jay Dee's album?? like WTF, this has never happened to me before and i might not be the most technical dude on here so anybody know what happened here..

Durag
11-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Damn, is the portable cd player physically plugged into your sound system? I never heard of that happeneing before either

Have you not got a cd player on your sound system?

claaa7
11-21-2008, 07:14 AM
^^ no i just got an AUX cable that's plugged into it, the original CD player don't work so I bought that cable and plugged it into the computer but now the CD-player's not working there either so i had to buy this cuz i can't live without music lol...

but yeah that was weird as fuck, the CD-player in itself must be recording in some way when it's playing a CD is the only logic explenation i can think off but still i never heard of it before.

Durag
11-21-2008, 07:19 AM
No thats not sposed to happen. It obviously has some short term memory, that id say comsumers would never know about, maybe the manufacturer put it there for whatever reason, but i doubt its to store music. And whatever happened the short term memory picked up the last song you played by accident. God knows how or why it happened, thats pretty weird though.

claaa7
11-21-2008, 07:22 AM
yeah i regret that i didn't listen to see how long it could play the song, cuz i turned it off after about 10-20 seconds since I first thought that I had put in the Scarface CD over the other one and that would probably fuck one of them up!

Tage
11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
get an mp3 player

claaa7
11-21-2008, 01:40 PM
^^ lol i got an mp3 player as well but i rarely listen to music i download if i don't got it on CD already.. somehow it takes away the fun and i can't appreciate the music in the same way, plus the sound quality is obviously weaker on an mp3-file from a CD... i got about 300 hip-hop albums and i fucking love my collection!