PDA

View Full Version : Get excited when it rains ?

NIGHT MAYOR
11-25-2008, 07:15 AM
every wondered why kids (mainly) get realy excited when it rains ? does'nt it seem odd ? normaly kids love playing outside in a nice sunny day, then it rains and they go wild ? its not only children, a percentage of adults still get a bit worked up when the water falls from the sky.

lately i have been asking myself why this is so, it has been storming and flooding here for about a week now. the one thing that keeps popping into my head is the fact that not so long ago humans cultivated and ate their own foods. so obviously after long periods of dry days, sacrificing virgins to please their gods, ran dances - the water does fall, exciting the whole tribe, but do you think this small part of our history could make such an impact on our behaviour now ?

thoughts ? :nerdy:

Gitche Manito
11-25-2008, 07:46 AM
every wondered why kids (mainly) get realy excited when it rains ? does'nt it seem odd ? normaly kids love playing outside in a nice sunny day, then it rains and they go wild ? its not only children, a percentage of adults still get a bit worked up when the water falls from the sky.

lately i have been asking myself why this is so, it has been storming and flooding here for about a week now. the one thing that keeps popping into my head is the fact that not so long ago humans cultivated and ate their own foods. so obviously after long periods of dry days, sacrificing virgins to please their gods, ran dances - the water does fall, exciting the whole tribe, but do you think this small part of our history could make such an impact on our behaviour now ?

thoughts ? :nerdy:

I don't know but people here, mostly children, get very exited when it snows, like today. But snow must not have been very good news for the agriculture.

KB-DefJoint
11-25-2008, 10:52 AM
what's so bad about rain?

MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
11-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, water brings life. Our bodies contain more than 70% of water. Water makes nature grow and gives life with the help of the sun...so it's a universal thing and we are connected/dependent of it. I believe it's also a special bond between us and nature... Earth provides like a mother provides for her child. The reason why kids get excited is probably because they are more connected and sensitive. They(kids) are constently in the present moment...

NIGHT MAYOR
11-25-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't know but people here, mostly children, get very exited when it snows, like today. But snow must not have been very good news for the agriculture.

good point, it doesnt snow here so i have never experienced that.

Visionz
11-25-2008, 10:37 PM
the rainy days usually make me sleepy though I used to go play in the rain as a child

Prolifical ENG
11-26-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't know about rainy days...but stormy weather I am always excited about...not really the life threatening ones, however I study meteorology and have been passionate about weather for years....since I was a kid.

Some people are excited over severe weather though...one of my classmates is a professional storm chaser. THe only reason why hes in school so he can get his meteorology certificate so when hes on the discovery channel and shit they can say hes a meteorologist.

But rain? nah not really.