PDA

View Full Version : eating strange food

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
other than the usual animals (poultry, fish, pork, beef, lamb, etc) what other animals have you eaten?

i've had frogs legs and i think i might have eaten camel too.

SKANK HILL
11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
we had to eat bush tucker in food technology back in year 9 ... such bush tucker included

crocodile
snake
kangaroo
emu
and some other obscure animal that escapes my recollection of 2001

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-26-2008, 07:20 PM
which was the nicest tasting out of that lot?

SKANK HILL
11-26-2008, 07:22 PM
crocodile for me ... the kangaroo wasn't cooked right as there's a very fine line with kangaroo but they all were alright ... nothing that made you spew up on the spot ...

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-26-2008, 07:24 PM
so, what does croc taste like? and did the snake taste anything like croc?

SKANK HILL
11-26-2008, 07:27 PM
to be honest i can't remember ... it's the only time i've ever eaten it and we were only allowed one small portion of each ... i think crocodile as the white meat and the snake was sort of greyish but my memory is vague

i remember one was white meat and was soft, i think that was the croc ... i'm pretty sure kangaroo was the chewy one because it was overcooked, one was definately like eating an extremely tender steak and another was kind of a bit tougher to eat without being a force ...

worth a try if you ever get the chance

J-Cee
11-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Crocodile is a white meat,sort of like a mix between chicken and fish..really taste like chicken..is quite nice.
Kangaroo i think is quite tasty..has a slight gamey taste to it...

drippie k
11-26-2008, 10:28 PM
frog legs...and im pretty sure the pizza place in my old neighborhood used cat meat

Tito_Para Enfrente
11-27-2008, 12:04 AM
It Sucks But Im Out Man Late

Senator C. Palantine
11-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I eat Donna Kebabs.

So ive pretty much eaten anything you can scrape off the road.

Including poor people.

Durag
11-27-2008, 08:29 AM
I eat leprecauns on the regular

Tyler Durden
11-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I had horse in France.

They didn't tell me it was horse till i'd bitten into it. It tasted like beef but it was so undercooked that it could've been anything and it would've tasted the same.

I hate the French, they can't do anything right.

RzaRectum
11-27-2008, 10:04 AM
Pussy. The other red meat ;)

11-27-2008, 10:42 AM
fried snails

Durag
11-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Your polish i heard ye eat each others shit

Ninja
11-27-2008, 11:00 AM
camel!

RzaRectum
11-27-2008, 11:39 AM
^i think he meant camel toe.

SKANK HILL
11-27-2008, 02:18 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HANZO
11-27-2008, 04:06 PM
the skull of a goat. basically i ate the tongue and eyeballs.

was fukin disgusting.

DUMBO
11-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Goat head soup
Tripe (done various ways)
Lots of curry goat
Cow foot
Fish head soup and stews
all sort of Caribbean delicacies tbh.

Ninja
11-27-2008, 05:02 PM
^i think he meant camel toe.

lollll naaah son.. a proper four legged camel.. had it on my trip to the middle east... shits hot!!!

also had the opportunity to try goats brain!!! foreal!!! didnt have the guts to try it thou.... lookked just like a small human brain!! ew!!
=S

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-28-2008, 07:28 PM
i remember one was white meat and was soft, i think that was the croc ... i'm pretty sure kangaroo was the chewy one because it was overcooked, one was definately like eating an extremely tender steak and another was kind of a bit tougher to eat without being a force ...

how were they cooked? and did you season the meat and stuff?

Crocodile is a white meat,sort of like a mix between chicken and fish..really taste like chicken..is quite nice.
Kangaroo i think is quite tasty..has a slight gamey taste to it...

my friend ordered chicken from her local chinese once and she swore the chicken was snake or some shit cos it didn't look like chicken to her.

frog legs

what meat would you compare it to? i think it tastes like chicken, it has the same sort of consistency as seared chicken that's very tender. it tasted nice, i'd sooner eat frogs legs before i eat smoked salmon again . i don't do sushi either.

I eat Donna Kebabs.

Including poor people.

it's doner kebabs. and please don't put me off them, they're tasty.

the skull of a goat. basically i ate the tongue and eyeballs.

i've seen chinks eat fish eyeballs. bleugh! i've eaten chicken blood too. double bleugh!! i was too young to know what the fuck it was at the time.

i worked with one guy, from zimbabwe, one day i saw him holding a plastic bag and was eating from it, it looked like a strange packet of crisps, i didn't see the actual contents. i asked him what he was eating and he straight up told me it was elephant. at the time i thought that was gross. but now, when i think about it, if the meat was cooked and served hot with some sauce or something then i might have tried it, well, i wouldn't be as grossed out about it like i am with dried meat. dried meat and raw meat i don't do. not keen on smoked meat either, only if it's going to be cooked.

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
No food is strange.

http://www.roadjunky.com/images/900.jpg

check two
11-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I've seen asians eat any type of thing you can imagine, including humans(dead or alive).

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 09:13 PM
tripe is good done right..stewed in tomato sauce.

I've have deer meat and deer jerky. Deer meet kinda tastes like beef but its a little different.

Rattlesnake deep fried. Tasted like popcorn chicken.

One of my friends ate black bear, he said it tasted like a steak.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-28-2008, 09:22 PM

are you serious?

i remember my friend filling her dog's dish with tripe one time and i started heaving at the smell of it. it got so bad i had to leave the room.

DUMBO
11-28-2008, 09:27 PM

I've have deer meat and deer jerky. Deer meet kinda tastes like beef but its a little different.

Rattlesnake deep fried. Tasted like popcorn chicken.

One of my friends ate black bear, he said it tasted like a steak.

tooch is right, tripe can be quite good the secret is that you have to clean it well and cook it in something acidic. our italian brothers are smart to cook it in tomato sauce, probably with a good bit of garlic and basic, since these ingredients would mask the more revolting aspects of the "meat" - in the end, tripe has the consistency of calimari, and therefore a break from strandy proteins.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Yea, the tripe needs to be slow cooked to maximize the full array of flavors that it possesses. I can't describe it, but when its cooked right, its excellent.

I've had tripe others ways. cold and pickled. I almost puked.

JerseyIronman
11-28-2008, 09:36 PM
i ate Turkey last night.

Ok i guess i cant really compete with u guys.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
our turkey was exisite last night....so tender and juicy. the gravey was excellent...dammit i wish i could relive yesterdays meal.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-28-2008, 09:58 PM
I've seen asians eat any type of thing you can imagine, including humans(dead or alive).

i've seen china chinks eat some crazy shit on a documentary once. it was about these so-called 'artists' who went out of their way to make their 'art'. one dude wanted to make penis wine, which involved using a real penis. a friend of his volunteered to cut off his own penis for this dude's 'art'. once the wine was ready to drink he went to the local pub and tried to offer it to other drinkers. no one touched the shit but him.

there was another dude in the documentary who wanted to eat a dead baby as his 'art' piece. i can't remember where he got the dead baby from but he got one and laid it on a plate. he needed several attempts at it because he threw up a few times before he finally managed it.

the whole documentary made me think chinks are fucking sick. of course not all chinks are like that, but that show couldn't have made us look good.

INF
11-28-2008, 10:00 PM
alligator and squid

SHRAP
11-29-2008, 09:19 AM
i ate goat once, but the most fucked up thing i ate was a chicken hand, my girl eat some weird shit :lmao:

Tyler Durden
11-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I eat Donna Kebabs.

Including poor people.

Holy shit yea.

I forgot about kebabs. I've had my fair share of them.

They put anything in them

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/kate58_photos/abrakebabra.jpg
This is all lies

Still love the bastards

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
11-29-2008, 05:57 PM
before i ever started eating doner kebabs, i was convinced that the meat was an elephant's leg spinning around on the spit.

http://gallery.hd.org/_tn/std/food/doner-kebab-2-DHD.jpg