PDA

View Full Version : Why do americans celebrate thanksgiving?

Durag
11-27-2008, 10:41 AM
?

Is it like duh g.o.d of this rap shit Cilvaringz said "Celebrating how you killed all those poor native indians?"

Do you know Skampoe?

SL33
11-27-2008, 10:42 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ i always wanted 2 know that too

Durag
11-27-2008, 10:45 AM
It seems like its an excuse to eat big meals

Thanksgiving? Who are ye giving thanks to?

KLIION JENSEN
11-27-2008, 10:45 AM
cos most gangsters celebrate the day of their biggest heist...

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Its like how Oliver Cromwell is a hero to the British but the biggest villain to the Irish.

The Pilgrims and Indians i guess had a thanksgiving one year.

Cilvaringz is a terrorist. He is just jealous that his religion is the poor one.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 10:57 AM
My question is...

Why are foreigner always up in our shit?? Don't you have holidays to celebrate? Like Bastille Day or some shit....go do that, let us eat our turkey and watch our AMerican football in peace, while you watch that horrible sport called soccer and riot over it.

Durag
11-27-2008, 11:04 AM
yessir

i didnt know cromwell was a hero to the english? fuck them cunts anyways

But ye have a celebration celebrating how ye murdered thousands of indians and took their land.

The last time the english tried to 'celebrate' their ownership of northern ireland with their supergay orange march, they decided to celebrate it in the republic! in Dublin for some reason. We have nothing to do with England here, but yet they wanted to. So hundreds of english marched through Dublin with their orange banners, but fuck me they'll never do it again.

I never seen such a riot here since the war in the north. Them english fuckers were sent packing with more petrol bombs and weapns than Belfast in the early 90's, and hundreds were assaluted, as were the police. Great time to be irish.

Maybe the native indians should do that to all of ye.

KLIION JENSEN
11-27-2008, 11:05 AM
its not soccer, its football, a game where a ball is moved around the field using your feet, American Football should really be called handball, theres only 2 instances in the game where the ball is allowed to be touched by feet, kick off & field goals, and its only 1 player on the field at any one time thats allowed to touch the ball with feet, besides which American Football is more English than you think, because its basically a mixture of football (soccer) & rugby.....

yes we have holidays here, but we dont celebrate the day when we came a stole countries, if we did we'd celebrate the day we stole Australia, India, China, Northern Ireland etc...

peace

Durag
11-27-2008, 11:07 AM
its not soccer, its football, a game where a ball is moved around the field using your feet, American Football should really be called handball, theres only 2 instances in the game where the ball is allowed to be touched by feet, kick off & field goals, and its only 1 player on the field at any one time thats allowed to touch the ball with feet, besides which American Football is more English than you think, because its basically a mixture of football (soccer) & rugby.....

yes we have holidays here, but we dont celebrate the day when we came a stole countries, if we did we'd celebrate the day we stole Australia, India, China, Northern Ireland etc...

peace

Yeah, i pretty much agree with that.

But ye do do that gay orange march. What is the deal with that anyways?

KLIION JENSEN
11-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, i pretty much agree with that.

But ye do do that gay orange march. What is the deal with that anyways?

fuck knows, i dont really get into that sort of thing, this countries politics is bullshit, Dizzee for prime minister...

who is Oliver Cromwell anyways, i know the name but dont know shit about him...

KLIION JENSEN
11-27-2008, 11:12 AM
i would just like to correct myself on the whole thing about using feet in American Football, i forgot Punting & Drop Kicks (which are rediculously rare these days)

m6y apologies, i've corrected myself, no need for you to do it for me...

thank you

Durag
11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
fuck knows, i dont really get into that sort of thing, this countries politics is bullshit, Dizzee for prime minister...

who is Oliver Cromwell anyways, i know the name but dont know shit about him...

Eh, i think he was one of those lords that came over to ireland was took our land murdered our people, destroyed homes, villages, and used the rest of the irish as slaves.

To be honest im not a hundred percent sure. I didnt pay an awful amount of attention in history at school, some people here know more about irish history than me.

I dont understand what the orange marches thinking behind marching through Dublin was. We have nothing to do with England. Its bad enough they march through belfast every year and REFUSED to change their route just a little bit, because a catholic womans son was murdered by protsestants days before the march, and the catolics though it would be insensitive. But of course they dont give a fuck. I fuckin hate them organge marching pricks. If they ever march through Dublin again, ill be there in the riot.

I like English people though, just not a certain section of the governement that rules northern ireland

Bobby Budknickers
11-27-2008, 11:17 AM
the natives here are too fucked up on paint fumes and firewater to pose any threat. just how we like them.

cromwell...great song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpZo63tAse4)

happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate it. go seapidgeons, lions, and cards.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:21 AM
you dont even kno who Cromwell is??? WOW...Englands gone to shit.

Anyways, this is all your countries fault anyway. It was your people who really started the chain reaction.

So maybe I should ask you why it gets celebrated.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell

here's a history lesson you limey british cunt and you Irish mic

Durag
11-27-2008, 11:24 AM
Im Irish man, not english

Oh rite you edited your post, my bad

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:25 AM
not you fuckwad...the limy brit

KLIION JENSEN
11-27-2008, 11:26 AM
^ well, same as Durag, i did'nt pay much attention in history class, but since you know so much, educate me....

KLIION JENSEN
11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
you limey british cunt

well, they do say "you are what you eat"....asshole

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:27 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Cromwell

I'm not an expert, but i do kno he was accused of genocidal tactics against the Irish, even tho genocide was not a word invented until WWII.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:28 AM
well, they do say "you are what you eat"....asshole

cheer-o old boy

Durag
11-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Wait a minute, the BBC put him in the top 10 Britons of all time list??

Fuckin scumbags, no wonder everyone hates the english

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:29 AM
i told you....how the fuck could you not kno this shit.

Durag
11-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I knew he was one of those that came over at that time, and i knew he murdered hundreds of innocent people, dectroyed homes and villages, used surviving irish as slaves, but i didnt know the english were proud of him?!

All that shit about the 9 years war was exciting though, irish histroy is very interesting, wish i payed more attention now

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 11:53 AM
yep...well as much as i'd like to debate the scumbagery of Cromwell (notice the english cunt Jensen left the conversation) i must get showered(a daily American ritual) to prepare for my celebration of savagery and theft.

Bobby Budknickers
11-27-2008, 11:59 AM
yay yo, for real i just boiled some eggs. they about to get devil'd, because that's what we're all about.

TSA
11-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Its like how Oliver Cromwell is a hero to the British but the biggest villain to the Irish.

The Pilgrims and Indians i guess had a thanksgiving one year.

Cilvaringz is a terrorist. He is just jealous that his religion is the poor one.
?
idk in who's perspective killing indians is cool so idk where the cromwell thing plays out

thanksgiving blows, gayest holiday and shittiest purpose

HANZO
11-27-2008, 04:02 PM
My question is...

Why are foreigner always up in our shit?? Don't you have holidays to celebrate? Like Bastille Day or some shit....go do that, let us eat our turkey and watch our AMerican football in peace, while you watch that horrible sport called soccer and riot over it.

i guess a sport which requires skill and most importantly endurance doesnt appeal to an obese nation.

The Hound
11-27-2008, 04:16 PM
HAHAHAHA

i'm glad australians aren't the only ones noticing how the english don't take showers ... seems the yanks know this too

SL33
11-27-2008, 04:26 PM

peace

hahahahah lol

true, very true

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
11-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Thanksgiving is a celebration of people, friends and families coming together, sharing, and being thankful for what they have, during the time of harvest.

Yeah, that's horrible, right foreigners?

I can't believe people take a day to simply be grateful and enjoy time with loved ones. Shame on us.

Thanksgiving is the best holiday ever.

drippie k
11-27-2008, 05:07 PM
thanksgiving is when the pilgrims came n ate a big feast alongside the indians, who introduced corn n other stuff...and now they live on little reservations drinking jack all day n playing the slot machines...n crying when somebody litters

what people do now is eat a bunch of food, drink beer n watch football...thats what its all about, the american dream

and soccer does require a lot of skill and running in comparison to football
but then again, football you gotta have a lot more physical strength and endurance

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
11-27-2008, 05:09 PM
thanksgiving is when the pilgrims came n ate a big feast alongside the indians, who introduced corn n other stuff...and now they live on little reservations drinking jack all day n playing the slot machines...n crying when somebody litters

hahaha

TSA
11-27-2008, 05:31 PM
man, idk if the world really is this americo-centeric, but idk what it would be to live like outside of america in another western country cause it seems like it would just be like being a paparazzi following America around

Senator C. Palantine
11-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah an unfortunately it's like following Britney Spears around.

Stumbling from one fuck up to the next.

England is like Madonna; kissing Britney on stage to show the less popular singer who she hangs out with.

Bobby Budknickers
11-27-2008, 05:38 PM
britons talk with fake british accents?!?!?!?
:o

Senator C. Palantine
11-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Sure do, guv'nor.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-27-2008, 06:53 PM
?
idk in who's perspective killing indians is cool so idk where the cromwell thing plays out

thanksgiving blows, gayest holiday and shittiest purpose

Huh? the dude asked why we celebrate cuz we stole the land or whatever. And i responded, kinda like in the way Cromwell is celebrated by the English and despised by the Irish.
The purpose really isn't anything, just like Christmas. Its commercial now anyways.

i guess a sport which requires skill and most importantly endurance doesnt appeal to an obese nation.

Please, we invented basketball and still play it at the highest level. Soccer is so boringly lame.

HAHAHAHA

i'm glad australians aren't the only ones noticing how the english don't take showers ... seems the yanks know this too

they also don't believe in dentistry.

Thanksgiving is a celebration of people, friends and families coming together, sharing, and being thankful for what they have, during the time of harvest.

Yeah, that's horrible, right foreigners?

I can't believe people take a day to simply be grateful and enjoy time with loved ones. Shame on us.

Thanksgiving is the best holiday ever.

Yea, thats what im saying.

ALCATRAZ
11-27-2008, 10:20 PM
who knows, america has the most retarted holidays ever..... thanksgiving, easter, christmas, groundhog's day..... lol america is so fuckin retarted

RzaRectum
11-27-2008, 11:10 PM
Yea I know.. Don't forget women's sufferage and gay pride parades.

Visionz
11-28-2008, 12:34 AM
To answer the question for this thread, we do it cause our parents did it, good ol' tradition. When has huge tasty meals with an assload of deserts celebrated amongst close friends and family ever not been cool? We just set aside a day to make sure it happens. I think Lincoln was the president when it became an official national holiday but the reason for it starting doesn't really matter so much. What its become is dope.

TSA
11-28-2008, 12:38 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/olivus/visions.gif

Visionz
11-28-2008, 12:45 AM
ahaha, has that become the official recognition for when another jewels been dropped? :lmao:

NIGHT MAYOR
11-28-2008, 12:58 AM
funny thread, soccer and NFL suck the same amount of donkey cock .................. in my opinion

RzaRectum
11-28-2008, 01:05 AM
How much of that donkey-cock do you suck?

11th Chamber
11-28-2008, 01:17 AM
I have no idea how anyone can have anything bad to say about Thanksgiving

Great food, beer, seeing family who I see like once a year, football, no work, no school.

its great

Durag
11-28-2008, 03:37 AM
So basically it was about the murder of thousands of indians and the taking of their land, but its lost that meaning and is now about getting together with family and drinking and eating?

A bit like Christmans?

Visionz
11-28-2008, 03:45 AM
So basically it was about the murder of thousands of indians and the taking of their land, but its lost that meaning and is now about getting together with family and drinking and eating?

A bit like Christmans?
it was never, YES we luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv killin us sum injuns!!!!

more like, thank God they where here to help us out (they had taught the pilgrims crucial farming techniques) and has been carried out for over a 140 years now as a official holiday and yes no one is thinkin of the indians when we do sit down to eat a bit like no one is thinkin about jesus when they open presents on christmas

(for reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving )

Durag
11-28-2008, 04:08 AM
Yeah, but Jesus willingly died, the indians didnt have a choice.

Is thanksgiving a bigger celebration over there than christmas?

NIGHT MAYOR
11-28-2008, 04:08 AM
day of the dead - now thats a holiday.

Visionz
11-28-2008, 04:45 AM
Yeah, but Jesus willingly died, the indians didnt have a choice.

Is thanksgiving a bigger celebration over there than christmas?
I think you're getting Cilva's lyrics confused with the reality of the situation. The murdering of native americans is never officially recognized as holiday like its something America is proud of. They saved the Pilgrim's ass over the winter, got together for the harvest and gave thanks.

The Christmas comparison is fitting in the sense that the original motivation for the holiday is forgotten about. Jesus isn't front and center in christmas conversations and neither is those natives who helped out the pilgrims when turkey day rolls around.

Durag
11-28-2008, 05:00 AM
Are the pilrims the native americans? How were the pilrims asses saved over the winter?

And im not trying to say americans are celebrating murderers, im just curious.

Visionz
11-28-2008, 05:10 AM
Are the pilrims the native americans? How were the pilrims asses saved over the winter?

And im not trying to say americans are celebrating murderers, im just curious.
its all good homie, this is Visions :lmao: you won't catch me catchin feelins over the internet ahahahaha,

but to answer your question, the Pilgrims where a bunch of protestants that had come from England to America but I guess didn't know shit cause the natives had to show them the basics on how to get by (we're talkin 1600's as far as time frame) they would've starved to death if they weren't shown how to hunt or grow food by the native americans who inhabited the land they landed on. (atleast thats how the story goes)

It might all just be a romanticized version of what actually happened and its really just a harvest festival that had its orgins from long, long ago. The timing would be right as its always celebrated on the 4th thursday of november. Hardly anyone farms anymore but I'll be damned if we don't still dig the family, food and booze. :b ( I just had some bananna bread for a snack and my fridge is stocked to the brim with left-overs and desert---thanksgiving rocks ^O^ )

Durag
11-28-2008, 05:15 AM
If it was the english then they probably did muder a load of people and take their home and their land, destroy villages and use people as slaves. Well thats what they done in Ireland anyways, fuckin scumbags.

Nah but for real, it sounds like a dope celebration, and if its celebrating the indians showing them how to farm, it is kinda for a good reason.

But like you said, it has pretty much lost meaning, just like Christmas, so now its more about family and friends getting together and having a good time, which in my opinion is as good a reason as any to have a celebration.

Visionz
11-28-2008, 05:58 AM
If it was the english then they probably did muder a load of people and take their home and their land, destroy villages and use people as slaves. Well thats what they done in Ireland anyways, fuckin scumbags.

Nah but for real, it sounds like a dope celebration, and if its celebrating the indians showing them how to farm, it is kinda for a good reason.

But like you said, it has pretty much lost meaning, just like Christmas, so now its more about family and friends getting together and having a good time, which in my opinion is as good a reason as any to have a celebration.amen to that brother

and yes, in the name of manifest destiny many, many, MANY natives were killed, raped, and pushed to the brink (and often times over the edge) of extinction.

I read a comment by a historian once that went something like "...that it happened was inevitable, how it happened was unexcusable." I agree with that sentiment. The natives got absolutely SHITTED ON for America's sake. That part of our history is even worse than slavery.

Tyler Durden
11-28-2008, 06:08 AM
Please, we invented basketball and still play it at the highest level. Soccer is so boringly lame.

Football isn't so bad.

The foreigners brazil, italy, france, spoiled it.

Yeah, they have good players but they started all this diving shit, and the fucking English copied because if not, we didn't win, now you can't get a free kick without shedding a tear.

What was I saying anyway, oh yeah, FUCK FRANCE

Durag
11-28-2008, 06:22 AM
and yes, in the name of manifest destiny many, many, MANY natives were killed, raped, and pushed to the brink (and often times over the edge) of extinction.

I read a comment by a historian once that went something like "...that it happened was inevitable, how it happened was unexcusable." I agree with that sentiment. The natives got absolutely SHITTED ON for America's sake. That part of our history is even worse than slavery.

Its funny how at the time, that was deemed neseccary. Basically genocide, wasnt really seen as anything too terrible. The british empire at that time were fuckin ruthless, invaded countless countries, had colonies in countless countries(couldnt colonise republic of ireland though fuckers), and where really a world power for such a small country.

The murder of the natives and the whole slave trade are two dark parts of american history.

Blackula Spectacula
11-28-2008, 06:38 AM
What I wanna know is .. Whats up with ppls sigs these days .. some are just getting out of control they take up more space then their own individual posts. It's quite annoying. Lets keep it simple stupid.

Tyler Durden
11-28-2008, 06:44 AM
That was aimed at you Durag.
She talkin' bout yo' momma, she playin' you fo' a punk.
(White Men Can't Jump) I love movies, and chicken

Durag
11-28-2008, 06:47 AM
^Yeah i know it is

I only ment to leave it there for the day, coz i was getting a good laugh out of Ironman, but i got lazy. Dont worry Black, ill remove it. Hey maybe you can donate a pic of yourself for my sig? hm?

Blackula Spectacula
11-28-2008, 06:55 AM
Now that's just corny

Durag
11-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Really? i thought it would work. Im not too good at e-flirting as you can tell, but im learning from Pat

Tage
11-28-2008, 07:30 AM
if u dont know dont celebrate it, or create your own reason. i celebrate christmas, but im atheist.. i celebrate it for family, friends etc... alcohol and presents.

i dont care what nutcase made up some embelished story about some zombie known as jesus. but i like christmas!

Tyler Durden
11-28-2008, 07:45 AM
^^^^^^^Yea, BEERS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://amysrobot.com/files/baby_beer.JPG

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 04:25 PM
What I wanna know is .. Whats up with ppls sigs these days .. some are just getting out of control they take up more space then their own individual posts. It's quite annoying. Lets keep it simple stupid.

u read my mind. I hate when people have like three youtube videos in the sig and quotes from 5 different people and all that bullshit.

RzaRectum
11-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Yea, having people in your sig is kind of annoying.

TSA
11-28-2008, 07:09 PM
wow, im suprised that the faggot that sports this piece of wackery

http://static.flickr.com/121/315500424_b72148d854_o.jpg

can criticize sigs.

this is the wackest shit yet, cant you find unannoying looking fine hoes that hate michighan?

Professor Poopsnagle
11-28-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm surprised not to see as many big black booty bitches in sigs here as I see at other hip hop forums.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm surprised not to see as many big black booty bitches in sigs here as I see at other hip hop forums.

I'm the only one of this forum with black booty in my aura.

can criticize sigs.

this is the wackest shit yet, cant you find unannoying looking fine hoes that hate michighan?

Darrique you pay to much attention to me these days. I liked it better when you tried to ignore me.

11th Chamber
11-28-2008, 09:35 PM

why the fuck should I care about a bunch of indians who were killed hundreds of years ago?

Your just bent out of shape cause you dont live in my country, and yer stuck with women that look like this

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5334964,00.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 09:39 PM
11th always comes through with the stark realities.

JerseyIronman
11-28-2008, 09:46 PM

can criticize sigs.

the one on the left is kind of cute. not so much the other two...

But i agree with the complaints of huge sigs. Durag's is out of control. It takes up the entire screen on lap top.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Is this better??? buncha picky virgins in here.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
For Jasper

http://corbyfanpage.tripod.com/pricelessOSU.JPG

JerseyIronman
11-28-2008, 09:57 PM
^^

ya roll with this one for a while

JerseyIronman
11-28-2008, 10:00 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2403/2370067251_1b4045e619.jpg?v=

#1 is the all out whore of the group you can tell that haha