PDA

View Full Version : A Walmart worker knocked down and killed by crazy shoppers.

check two
11-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah, it happens each year. The day after Thanksgiving. A lot of sales at the stores, which open a lot earlier than normal. Tons of hyper 28 Days Later type, pms'ing like women rushing around trying to get the latest Cabbage doll doll or Teddy Ruxpin. Try not to go out on this day to the stores. Unless you want to wait in mad lines and possibly be trampled to death by crazy women.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW YORK A worker died after being trampled by a throng of unruly shoppers when a suburban Wal-Mart opened for the holiday sales rush Friday, authorities said.

At least three other people were injured.

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., in Bentonville, Ark., would not confirm the reports of a stampede but said a "medical emergency" had caused the company to close the store, which is in Valley Stream on Long Island.

Nassau County police said the 34-year-old worker was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead at about 6 a.m., an hour after the store opened. The cause of death was not immediately known.

A police statement said shortly after 5 a.m., a throng of shoppers "physically broke down the doors, knocking (the worker) to the ground." Police also said a 28-year-old pregnant woman was taken to a hospital for observation and three other shoppers suffered minor injuries and were also taken to hospitals.

The dead worker's name was not released.

"Local authorities are looking into the situation," said Wal-Mart representative Dan Fogleman. But he said it would be "inappropriate for me to share any additional information" until authorities investigate further.

Shoppers around the country lined up early outside stores in the annual bargain hunting ritual known as Black Friday. Many stores open early and stay open late. The Valley Stream Wal-Mart usually opens at 9 a.m.

-news.yahoo.com

Visionz
11-28-2008, 12:31 PM
to work and die at Wal-Mart, holy shit that's quite possibly the saddest thing ever

check two
11-28-2008, 12:36 PM
Maybe it's not a good idea for a stupid pregnant woman to be there with all those crazy people knowing she could get knocked down and pushed around.

GZAjector
11-28-2008, 12:51 PM
my wife's pregnant and she thought she was gonna go with her mom to wal-mart this morning at like, 4 AM. for some reason she couldn't find her keys though.

i'mma try and stay as far away from stores until about mid-january. people who feel the need to bumrush stores and fight over parking places and steal shit out your cart make me want to bash their face in.

INF
11-28-2008, 01:04 PM
what is this years "HYPE (I gotta have it)" item?

Cee Oh Vee
11-28-2008, 01:06 PM
wtf man thats twisted

MARCUS-MTL-WU-LIFESTYLE
11-28-2008, 01:57 PM
Somebody help these people... my God!

Sgt Holly Wood
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
damn thats some wild shit

people be actin like savages during the holiday season.. how ironic

check two
11-28-2008, 02:50 PM
what is this years "HYPE (I gotta have it)" item?

http://www.fsckin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/rockem-sockem-toribash.jpg

and

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/2404761027_fe33299903.jpg

Tage
11-28-2008, 03:01 PM
forgive my ignorance.

why does black friday exist? why does everyone hit the shops the day after thanksgiving?

GZAjector
11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
i don't know why black friday is, it sounds ominous ah? but i know my wife and kids think that today is the day to put up the christmas tree and decorations. which means i am the one doing all that shit. but all that shit is out in my workshop, where i keep all my alcohol, so it is all good. i still would like to kill them.

it seems to me that people tend to fight more on holidays and treat each other shitty, due to stress i suppose, who knows? maybe people would benefit more if they treated each other nicely everyday that isn't a holiday and turned holidays into the days where they take out all their anger on one another.

Visionz
11-28-2008, 05:08 PM
i don't know why black friday is, it sounds ominous ah? but i know my wife and kids think that today is the day to put up the christmas tree and decorations. which means i am the one doing all that shit. but all that shit is out in my workshop, where i keep all my alcohol, so it is all good. i still would like to kill them.

it seems to me that people tend to fight more on holidays and treat each other shitty, due to stress i suppose, who knows? maybe people would benefit more if they treated each other nicely everyday that isn't a holiday and turned holidays into the days where they take out all their anger on one another.I think the solution to that is to not spend the money if you don't have it. I'm stretched thin so everyone is getting some home-made cookies and such. I'm all for presents and tradition but fuck it if it means being broke for the first four months in 09. I'll surround myself with family over a big dinner and get drunk like its Thanksgiving Pt 2 and call it a day (and a stress-free one at that)

Jet Set
11-28-2008, 05:14 PM
199 blu ray players?

Shit is mad crazy and sad. People are truly hitting low. The crisis is not in our wallet, it is in our minds. Raging through various temporary products to still our short term satisfaction which will only create hunger for more. Yet the people are so into this circle that they do not have the time to see. Because to stop is to hunger. Which is negative. And impulses all around us tell us otherwise.

Wall-E has not yet hit people. If only it did.

Tecknowledgist
11-28-2008, 05:33 PM
they should check the security cameras and press charges. seriously, if somebody i knew was killed by unruly shoppers physically breaking down a door and crushing him, there would be hell to pay. people need a fuckin wake-up call. because you wanted rock band 2 (or w/e) so badly, you killed somebody and ruined the holidays for his entire family. way to be in the spirit. if my parents couldnt find what i wanted when i was young, damn too bad. i got a wool sweater instead. i prefer having a wool sweater and knowing nobody died for me to have it.

lol sorry for the rant. that story actually pissed me off ahaha

drippie k
11-28-2008, 08:12 PM
and thats why i wait till the 10th do shopping..its still a bit hectic but not as bad as people stampeding to buy nintendo wii's

Storm
11-28-2008, 10:36 PM
forgive my ignorance.

why does black friday exist? why does everyone hit the shops the day after thanksgiving?
I can't say why but it's initially the start of the holiday shopping season and stores start by having really really really good deals on everything but the catch is you have to get there really earlier so you can what you want. Some people go after their Thanksgiving get-together and basically camp out til' 4-6 am, the time most stores open but this year has been ass in terms of deals.

Anyways, I think you can pretty much confirm that human evolution has stopped with this news making way. It's a shame people act like this on the night of Thanksgiving. They gotta get police force or a bunch of security guards next time so something this stupid and brainless doesn't happen. I actually stayed up all night with some of my family to do this though I went to Circuit City first.

Welcome to the u.s.a http://anonym.to/?http://glumbert.com/media/walmartfight

http://anonym.to/?http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ny-liwalm1129-pg,0,1736056.photogallery
Photo gallery

GZAjector
11-28-2008, 10:52 PM
thanks for the links, i understand much more clearly now.

Vikthor
11-28-2008, 11:17 PM
my bro works at best buy and he said it wasnt the complete MONSTERTRUCK MADNESS it usually is.

lol GZAjector (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=62431) you talking about your bitter married life almost made my night. i guess its not saying much though considering some shit happened at the theatre so my whole night is fucked sideways...
i think some dude got shot at the mall fo real...
holidays makes motherfuckers crazy...
i doubt it was shopping related though...

RzaRectum
11-28-2008, 11:47 PM
forgive my ignorance.

Its cool. Even though you're a faggot, I don't mind dropping the jewel. Black Friday is the day business typically the busiest shopping and traffic day of the year. It is also when companies tend to turn a profit for the year. If a business is in the negative it can make up all those low sales on this particular day. The reason it is called black is, because black and red are the two colors used in the days when accounting was kept in red or black ink. The red recording the business had operated at a financial loss and black to record profit. This is the jizzst

But my theory is the special sales occur widespread across the industry to compete for all the buyers since this is when people begin shopping for their gifts.

11th Chamber
11-29-2008, 04:13 AM
wow...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27957714

check two
11-29-2008, 11:28 AM
wow...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27957714

Yeah, I had read about that one also. Sounds like it might have to do with some pussy gangs. Two hoodrats arguing in a toy store. They should take their hoe asses outside near the gutter, if their going to do that crap.

check two
11-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Here's an update on the Walmart thing. People were complaining when it was announced that they would have to close the Walmart store temporarily, cause of the dead man. Some of those pyscho bitch women didn't have a problem with just stepping over the dead dude to get to their toys and other crap.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081129/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death

check two
12-04-2008, 08:25 PM
The family of the worker who died is suing Walmart. It looked like a bunch of hoodrats were stampeding into that Walmart that day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GARDEN CITY, N.Y. (Dec. 3) - The family of a worker trampled to death in a "Black Friday" crush of bargain hunters at a Long Island Wal-Mart store filed a wrongful-death lawsuit on Wednesday, claiming store ads offering deep discounts "created an atmosphere of competition and anxiety" that led to "crowd craze."
The lawsuit claims that besides failing to provide adequate security for a pre-dawn crowd estimated at 2,000, Wal-Mart "engaged in specific marketing and advertising techniques to specifically attract a large crowd and create an environment of frenzy and mayhem and was otherwise careless, reckless and negligent."
Wal-Mart issued a statement saying it would cooperate with local law enforcement officials to develop stronger safety measures for the future.
"We consider Mr. Damour part of the Wal-Mart family, and are saddened by his death," the statement said. "We have been in communication with members of his family to do what we can to help them through this difficult time. Our associates know that when incidents like this occur, we take care of our own."
In addition to the retailer, the adjacent Green Acres Mall, a realty company that manages the property and a security company hired to patrol the property were all named as defendants. A spokeswoman for the realty company declined to comment on pending litigation; none of the other defendants immediately responded to phone and e-mail inquiries seeking comment on the lawsuit.
Jdimytai Damour, 34, had been hired by an employment agency as a temporary worker at the Wal-Mart store in Valley Stream and had been on the job about a week when he died, said his family's lawyer, Jordan Hecht.
The 6-foot-5, 270-pound man died of asphyxiation after being crushed early Friday morning by the crowd, which broke down the electronic doors in frantic pursuit of bargains. At least four other people were treated at hospitals, including a woman who was eight months pregnant.
Authorities suspect that because he was as big as an NFL lineman, Damour was placed at the entrance of the store to assist with crowd control.
"Those hundreds of people who did make their way into the store, literally had to step over or around him or unfortunately on him to get into the Wal-Mart store," Nassau County Police Commissioner Lawrence Mulvey said this week.
Police are reviewing store video to identify possible suspects in Damour's death, but Mulvey conceded that criminal charges are unlikely.
Mulvey said it was apparent to him that the Wal-Mart store about 20 miles east of Manhattan lacked adequate security to handle the crowds. He said police representatives met with retailers throughout the county two weeks before Thanksgiving and made it clear that security and crowd control for the sales were the merchants' responsibilities.
Hecht said Damour's family also plans to file lawsuits against Nassau County and its police department.
County Attorney Lorna Goodman said, "The county has no liability in situations of this kind."
The lawsuit against Wal-Mart and the other companies was filed Wednesday in state Supreme Court in the Bronx, the home of one of the victim's sisters, Elsie Damour Phillipe, the court-appointed administrator of his estate. It does not seek specific damages.
Shoppers around the country line up early outside stores on the day after Thanksgiving in the annual bargain-hunting ritual known as Black Friday. It got that name because it historically has been the day stores broke into profitability for the full year.
The National Retail Federation believes Damour is the first store worker to die on the job in the post-Thanksgiving rush.

Tecknowledgist
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Police are reviewing store video to identify possible suspects in Damour's death, but Mulvey conceded that criminal charges are unlikely.
too bad.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-05-2008, 10:08 AM
shit a 199 blu ray player is a steal deal,for real

Durag
12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Fuckin retards, bet ya its all middle ages women consumed with buying shit that they dont care.

I worked in a department store for three years before i got fired, but we opened every sunday at 10 in the morning, and people knew that coz there was signs everywhere, yet every sunday morning there was ques of middle aged women outside waiting to get in, and id have to walk out by them before we opened and theyd be getting mad at me for not opening. Then when we did open theyd all barge in like fuckin animals. Bear in mind its only a shitty clothes store that sell own brand clothes.

I hate a pure hatred for middle aged women since that.

ilzPotent
12-05-2008, 10:21 AM
What was even more messed up was the cats was foreign - You know dude is a hard worker, and he was only working there to get money up for the holidays... eeeek -humans are the worse kind of animals.

hectis
12-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I would never want to be the person who has to open the doors at any major retail store on black Friday

Durag
12-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Its funny what shopping does to people. They have basically killed someone coz of their shopping. I think everyone that barged through the store should be brought to court. Fuck it, ive been up there for stupid shit and these retards kill someone and they'll get away with it.

ilzPotent
12-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah- how the fuck do you not realize your walking on a person. Wollman Rink in Central Park gets packed. I'm an aggressive skater and if anyone falls someone (random strangers) automatically block any un experienced skaters from running into them while someone else (usually another random stranger) helps the person up. These people had to be fucking animals. I hope the get hit by tractor trailers bounce twice in tar and live.

Sorry - venting done.

check two
12-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah, and the dude that got killed was protecting a pregnant woman that fell down(from getting stomped on). It looks like some policies are going to have to change... such as they suggested, by adding more security guards, handing out numbers to people, using stun guns on some of the rabid crowd.

RzaRectum
12-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Yeah- how the fuck do you not realize your walking on a person. Wollman Rink in Central Park gets packed. I'm an aggressive skater and if anyone falls someone (random strangers) automatically block any un experienced skaters from running into them while someone else (usually another random stranger) helps the person up. These people had to be fucking animals. I hope the get hit by tractor trailers bounce twice in tar and live.

Sorry - venting done.
Reminds me of a latin chick I got to go ice skating with me in Manhattan. She twisted her ankle within the first 5 minutes after getting on the ice behind another dude skating over her. Yea, I was more upset over the entrance fee money {:(

EAGLE EYE
12-06-2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/%7Etskirvin/pics/bestof/2003/tn/danny-furby.med.jpg