PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Final Fantasy Game

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-29-2008, 03:08 AM
So What's Ur Favorite Final Fantasy Game?

Well For Me It Goes Back To '97 When Final Fantasy 7 Dropped As Well As Final Fantasy 8 Loved The Concept Hated The Game Play But It Was Still Ill As Hell.

Hmm.....

beautifulrock
11-29-2008, 06:42 AM
Final Fantasy 8 sucked, complete waste of time....for me it's a tie between 3, 7 and 9

3 had the best storyline, 7 was graphically revolutionary and the replay value was surprisingly immense for an RPG, and 9 had by far the best card/side games

shaolinsword
11-29-2008, 08:38 AM
My favourite is Final Fanyasy V

Tage
11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
hated number 8...

VII > X > IX > X2 - the ones ive played and completed.

fucking epic games!... maybe X2 was a bit of a let-down though.

shaolinsword
11-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Did anyone manage to beat the card club in VIII?

Supreme-NRT
11-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Easily, Final Fantasy IX.

KZA
11-29-2008, 01:37 PM

beautifulrock
11-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Did anyone manage to beat the card club in VIII?

Yea, i did, took forever

beautifulrock
11-29-2008, 02:02 PM
I liked 3 because after Kefka blows up the world, you get an entirely new world map.

Bobby Budknickers
11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
7, 8, 3, 1.

haven't played 2, 4, 5, or anything past 8 though.

the music is so ill.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-29-2008, 08:43 PM
I liked 3 because after Kefka blows up the world, you get an entirely new world map.

i thought 7 was the best ending and best story but i liked X, X-2, XII

Mr. X
11-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Only played 7, 8 and 9. 9 is my favorite of them, although 7 had the best system (Materia ftw)

Prolifical ENG
11-29-2008, 10:01 PM
My favourite is VI (III U.S.) Shadow with Genji Glove and Offering...godly.

I liked IV (II U.S.) when it came out when I was a kid but I liked Zelda even more and when Christmas 1993 was around I chose Zelda...at the time I wasnt used to those random encounter battles.

I actually played V on emulator last year and quit before I went into the Void (last part) I was getting bored. I like the job categories and the first game they used it but I think since I did it on the 'puter I looked at the walkthrough too much.

For VII, yeah I remember when that came out...it was like the second coming of Jesus and for most kids it was their first. it was a good one.

VIII I liked the card game but without any gameplay book or anything I remember not knowing what I was supposed to be doing next...too much running around trying to figure it out.

Tecknowledgist
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM
VII. One of the best games ever. It was one of the last Final Fantasies where the lead character wasn't a complete pussy-ass bitch and/or female(X, X2, XII). You actually played as a bad-ass dude and that was good. Squall was pretty kick-ass too. Buddy from IX was a little boy but that was better than Titus.

I really liked the story and feel of VIII but that whole 'draw magic' system was total bullshit. I haven't played VI, but I played through the old III on SNES and they're apparently the same shit, so I guess VI was great too. X was fun but it was kinda ruined by the fact that Titus is a nancy (as stated above) and XII is even worse for that. Couldn't even play through the whole thing. I assume XIII will have a cross-dressing closet homosexual as the main character too. Or a female. Neither of which are particularly rewarding to be. I pick up a controller and hope to be transported to a fantasy world where I'm a badass vigilante wielding a giant sword and fighting evil demonic creatures, and instead I'm a whiny little girl trapped in in a man's body and wearing a woman's clothing. I might as well put the controller down and head to therapy. I used to hate how lead characters never spoke in games, but now I miss it. Being enigmatic = the possibility of badassedness, I suppose. Remember the old FF when you were Cain?! The dark dragoon lord in full armor with a badass helmet and shit. That's where it was at. I've been meaning to get this shit of my chest for some time now.

Anyway yeah. VII/VIII/IX.

Oh SHIT! I almost forgot Final Fantasy Tactics. That was one of my favorite games. So much depth. Maybe that's my favorite. I wish my PS2 wasn't a piece of shit and could actually play PS1 games. Any way around that?

shaolinsword
11-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Yea, i did, took forever

Good, I've never been able to find anyone else who wasted so much time on it, especially getting the character cards

Mr. X
11-29-2008, 11:18 PM
VII. One of the best games ever. It was one of the last Final Fantasies where the lead character wasn't a complete pussy-ass bitch and/or female(X, X2, XII). You actually played as a bad-ass dude and that was good. Squall was pretty kick-ass too. Buddy from IX was a little boy but that was better than Titus.

I really liked the story and feel of VIII but that whole 'draw magic' system was total bullshit. I haven't played VI, but I played through the old III on SNES and they're apparently the same shit, so I guess VI was great too. X was fun but it was kinda ruined by the fact that Titus is a nancy (as stated above) and XII is even worse for that. Couldn't even play through the whole thing. I assume XIII will have a cross-dressing closet homosexual as the main character too. Or a female. Neither of which are particularly rewarding to be. I pick up a controller and hope to be transported to a fantasy world where I'm a badass vigilante wielding a giant sword and fighting evil demonic creatures, and instead I'm a whiny little girl trapped in in a man's body and wearing a woman's clothing. I might as well put the controller down and head to therapy. I used to hate how lead characters never spoke in games, but now I miss it. Being enigmatic = the possibility of badassedness, I suppose. Remember the old FF when you were Cain?! The dark dragoon lord in full armor with a badass helmet and shit. That's where it was at. I've been meaning to get this shit of my chest for some time now.

Anyway yeah. VII/VIII/IX.

Oh SHIT! I almost forgot Final Fantasy Tactics. That was one of my favorite games. So much depth. Maybe that's my favorite. I wish my PS2 wasn't a piece of shit and could actually play PS1 games. Any way around that?
Buy a PS3.

RagnaroK
11-30-2008, 01:04 AM
i always had a fight with my self over which one is better FFVII or FVIII and i finally came into a real conclusion FFVII is the best cuz of the epic story and character development thou i like better the realistic look of people to the cartoonish ones FFVII backgrounds are better plus the junction shit on FFVIII is bitch were you have too draw magic from monster is time consuming and often makes me not wanting to replay the game which is why everybody hates on this game

im highly anticipating FFXIII it looks like is gonna be awesome but im a bit worry on the battle system thou

shaolinsword
11-30-2008, 01:18 AM
Am I the only one who liked the draw/junction bit on FFVIII then?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-30-2008, 02:13 AM
i always had a fight with my self over which one is better FFVII or FVIII and i finally came into a real conclusion FFVII is the best cuz of the epic story and character development thou i like better the realistic look of people to the cartoonish ones FFVII backgrounds are better plus the junction shit on FFVIII is bitch were you have too draw magic from monster is time consuming and often makes me not wanting to replay the game which is why everybody hates on this game

im highly anticipating FFXIII it looks like is gonna be awesome but im a bit worry on the battle system thou

i loved FFVII allot and the junction system was very simple and very dope because it was so customizable and the draw system in FFVIII annoyed me but the realistic look and all the backgrounds makes the game look dope and very nice bu the replay value null n void for me. FFIX is a nice game i felt like it was a very much a throwback to some of the earlier ones but i love the retrospective gametrailers tv put together on www.gametrailers.com and just go to "retrospective" and scroll down til u get to Final Fantasy.

RagnaroK
11-30-2008, 02:25 AM
Am I the only one who liked the draw/junction bit on FFVIII then?

pretty much, really now how can you like drawing a bunch of magic 99 times for each character is time consuming not to mention leveling up does that already

still i do love the game not many people say this but actually it has the best Summons out of all FF games, like Diablo Eden etc.. and the coolest limit breaks around

Bobby Budknickers
11-30-2008, 03:08 AM
if you didn't have to draw 50 million times, and then not really be able to use the magic if you had it junctioned, then the system would have been pretty fucking badass. but it was what it was. 8 is my second favorite, at certain times my favorite, to 7. but materia owned junction because of those flaws. i was hoping they would figure out how to somehow combine the best characteristics of the 2 for a future game.

RagnaroK
11-30-2008, 03:14 AM
FFVIII summons
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDD5-Fhdk50&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDD5-Fhdk50&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

shaolinsword
11-30-2008, 03:58 AM
I admit it did get annoying every now and then having to draw your magic from draw points and enemies but it was good because you didn't have to rely on MP, junctioning is practically the same as assigning materia to your equipment but just made a lot more awkward

They should use the GF boost in FFXIII if it has summons

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-30-2008, 04:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQcIwL5CG8Y

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-30-2008, 04:52 AM
Final Fantasy VII Summons - Originals VS Crisis Core

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEW936WDro

Bg_Knocc_Out
11-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Final Fantasy 8 seems to be very love/hate.

I personally loved that one the most.

RagnaroK
11-30-2008, 01:53 PM
summons on crisis core are crazy

Prolifical ENG
11-30-2008, 03:05 PM

You're right....there are a bunch of pussy ass bitch lead characters. I think I liked FFIII because the lead (or best) character didnt wield a sword.

For FFII Cecil was an ass kicker.

DRUNKENDRAGON
12-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Between 7, 8 and 9 I'd hafta say part 8. I can't even REMEMBER part 9, that's how bad it must have sucked.

Paranoid
12-04-2008, 04:23 PM
FFXI, FFVII, FFIV, FF Tactics

Dokuro
12-04-2008, 08:08 PM
FF7 how ever my f avert squire game is front mission dosent matter witch one

THE W
12-07-2008, 04:49 PM
8 is my fav slghtly over 7. yeah the draw stuff is time consuming but the rewards make it worth it.

7's story is better than 8 but i value gameplay over story and graphics which 8 has over 7.

i recently played 9 on Emu and deleted it from my comp cuz some aspects of that game pissed me off. i did complete it though.

tactics was a nice game too.

Bloo
12-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Instead of picking a favorite overall I'll pick my favorite from each generation.

NES Gen - FF3

SNES Gen - FF6

PSX Gen - FF8

PS2 Gen - FF10

Out of those four though I'd say FF6 is my overall fav though

Bobby Budknickers
12-08-2008, 02:11 AM
cid's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2WYkfGYD8k&feature=related)

DrunkenMasta303
12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
i only played FF7, and daamn that game was sikkness, prolly the best game i ever played on the psone, i finished it 100% and in the end i even had that golden chocobo where u could walk over the water on the map with and get that secret knights of the round materia hahahalol

WARPATH
12-08-2008, 12:42 PM
My favorite was that joint with cecil and kain- Final Fantasy 2 in the U.S. for super nintendo.

Paranoid
12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
My favorite was that joint with cecil and kain- Final Fantasy 2 in the U.S. for super nintendo.

FFIV

WARPATH
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
FFIV

yeah, thanks I really needed to sort that out. It was pissing me off how I didn't know exactly what it was called in Japan at the time of release. I was really losing sleep.

Dokuro
12-08-2008, 11:41 PM
you know i'm rely liking forward to FF13 might just be the best

BRONZBODY
12-09-2008, 12:19 PM
ff 6

no one is fucking with kefka in terms of evilness

fuck sephiroth

that nigga kefka poisoned an entire village killing all the men women and children....and laughed about it

any nigga that does that and runs around screaming hate hate hate over and over again is a evil muthafuckka.

J-SKAT
12-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Dreaming of a remake of ff7.

RagnaroK
12-09-2008, 05:09 PM
you know i'm rely liking forward to FF13 might just be the best
im hype about FFXIII too if its anything near Lost Odyssey graphic wise then it should be a blast, Lost Odyssey is beautiful and impressive like any other RPG i have seen and it shows what next generation RPG will be
FFXIII could be the best like you say but first we need to see the battle system which is very important to the game from what i've read they trying to make the battle looks similar to Advent Children fights which is kind of cool but lets wait and see if its fun to play

after im done with FFVII im planning on playing Lost Odyssey game looks incredible im telling you if you have any chance on playing this do it

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I always thought the music was he best in Final Fantasy 8. The boss music is rememberable, so is the Ultimecia/Edea theme, Balamb Garden. You name an area in the game I could name it's music, hah.

Dokuro
12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
'7' had the best character concepts

'3' had the best storyline (or 5 in Japan or however the fuck it works...the one with Terra as the main character) and also had the best selection of characters.........more characters to choose from = more fun gameplay

'2' is just a personal fav of mine because it was the first I ever played ('4' in Japan)

'8' had the best looking girls in the series......

but overall I'll say FFVII.......and yes, it's because of Sephiroth.......

fuck haters.
the one hes talking about
ff 6

no one is fucking with kefka in terms of evilness

fuck sephiroth

that nigga kefka poisoned an entire village killing all the men women and children....and laughed about it

any nigga that does that and runs around screaming hate hate hate over and over again is a evil muthafuckka.
some what true however kifka is a one dimensional character
Sephiroth is only famous because he killed Aries and the fact that he cant die when it come down to it the beast villain is Hojo every ting was his fault all of it from Sephiroths tansition from hero to villain to te production of the Large(master) Matiria to the a wakining of the wepons all for the prusite of knowledge

Hojo= evil
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/thumb/b/b3/HojoLastOrder.jpg/180px-HojoLastOrder.jpg