PDA

View Full Version : Freedom in an unfree world

Eater
11-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Here is what DeRopp said about freedom: "Endlessly men prate about freedom, and shout and demonstrate and riot and demand Congressional legislation and civil rights. All in vain. The fetters are inward, the bondage is spiritual."

But isn't freedom also dependent upon what perspective you have, the bounds set by your DNA heritage, and the experiences you have had? Consider freedom from this perspective:

The energy of the sun
Dancing upon the surface of the planet "earth"
In the form of Life
Is composed of separate components (humans)
Only in the sense that they conceive themselves as such.

I conclude that we can be completely free inside with respect to

* What we imagine
* The interpretations we make
* The decisions we make
* The goals we set
* Where we direct our attention

I conclude that we can never be completely free outside with respect to

* How we express ourselves
* The sensations we encounter
* Implementation of our decisions
* The attainment our goals

Comments?

TSA
11-30-2008, 12:35 PM
real shit

David Columbine
11-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Here is what DeRopp said about freedom: "Endlessly men prate about freedom, and shout and demonstrate and riot and demand Congressional legislation and civil rights. All in vain. The fetters are inward, the bondage is spiritual."

But isn't freedom also dependent upon what perspective you have, the bounds set by your DNA heritage, and the experiences you have had? Consider freedom from this perspective:

The energy of the sun
Dancing upon the surface of the planet "earth"
In the form of Life
Is composed of separate components (humans)
Only in the sense that they conceive themselves as such.

I conclude that we can be completely free inside with respect to

* What we imagine
* The interpretations we make
* The decisions we make
* The goals we set
* Where we direct our attention

I conclude that we can never be completely free outside with respect to

* How we express ourselves
* The sensations we encounter
* Implementation of our decisions
* The attainment our goals

Comments?

Drivel.

drippie k
11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
nobody is free anywhere...and no one will ever be...if everyone was actually "free" it would be chaos...i could go and rape my neighbors wife and nothin will happen...gutter could fuckin kidnap kids, fuck em in they ass and toss em over the bridge without a care in the world if we were all absolutely free

diggy
11-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Is "freedom" an illusion which is used to make us content - so we will not fight for things that matter.

TSA
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
no it's not. faggot.

you can't name 1 thing you wanna do and aren't free to do so. faggot.

what's with the overwhelming concern with freedom on this section?
it's there REAL shit to worry about, like healthcare and the economy?
fuckin tuition?

seriously? FREEDOM? that's your issue...FREEDOM?

PALEFORCE
11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Is "freedom" an illusion which is used to make us content - so we will not fight for things that matter.

that sums it all up

you tell a lie long enough and strong enough people will believe it.

its is an illusion, it dont matter what the public wants the agenda will be pushed forward regardless. it just makes things easier for the powers that be if the public goes along with it

Olive Oil Goombah
11-30-2008, 10:20 PM
so by that token, we will never be nor ever were free??

PALEFORCE
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
i believe we will be but people need to grow up. period. exclamation!

Olive Oil Goombah
11-30-2008, 10:27 PM
what do you think is the most free place on Earth today?

PALEFORCE
11-30-2008, 10:30 PM
america/3rd world countries

Olive Oil Goombah
11-30-2008, 10:44 PM
3rd world countries? why?

Civilison
11-30-2008, 10:48 PM
freedom is the state of being free. i think its relevant to say that it should be said 'free in relation to what?' since the relative entity could give the 'freedom' a new definition each time.

Endlessly men prate about freedom, and shout and demonstrate and riot and demand Congressional legislation and civil rights. All in vain. The fetters are inward, the bondage is spiritual.THE FETTERS ARE INWARDS THE BONDAGE IS SPIRITUAL

so it kinda makes you think. gotta brake down a few things b4 you can explain the whole reality. first of all i think freedom is an innate quality of us humans it must stem or rather reflect the divinity of our consciousness and how it was made in the image of the supreme consciousess - the totally free

with that being said our personal freedom stems from the faculty of our will. in this sense we are free to manipulate mental energy within our spheres of awareness any way we desire.

now if we're talking about our freedom in respect to the society and the political, financial economies that controls it i think the term freedom takes a whole new spin. now your ability to be free is challenged by limitations in the system. they want to limit us, contain our spiritual abilities so we can remain locked up in the false realms while their bitch asses are getting rich attending ancient Bavarian rituals.

the solution? i seriously think a viable one is we need to intuit/study/research/learn the proper way to utilize our freedom and learn the best way to implement it in the system as to the betterment of self and the ones around you.

also you are totally free to think whatever you want to think in regards to this topic. everyone has got their own reality yet somehow its universality is seen and felt. the ONE in ALL
PEACE

drippie k
12-01-2008, 02:38 AM
Americans say the US is the free-est country in the world, that no other places have as many freedoms that they do

I don't think it does honestly...a year ago i was in VA beach and there was a street sign saying they'd fine you if the police caught you swearing...what kinda shit is that?? and censorship is a fucking joke

Olive Oil Goombah
12-01-2008, 08:55 AM
for them to do that, there was probably a rash of swearing or vulgarity that obviously bothered people.

But there are a ton of silly laws out there..

TSA
12-01-2008, 09:55 AM
3rd world countries are the freest, in the US you dont own your own land even if you do own it.

but nobody on this forum is good enough at life to own land, so whats this overwhelming concern with freedom? what are you being kept from doing that you want to do?

David Columbine
12-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Derrick is a prisoner of his mind.

TSA
12-01-2008, 10:15 AM
David is a secondary of palehorses' mind.

how about listing the things you want to do but can't do to a lack of freedom as opposed to talking about me

David Columbine
12-01-2008, 10:55 AM
David is a secondary of palehorses' mind.

how about listing the things you want to do but can't do to a lack of freedom as opposed to talking about me

How about you free your mind from the peril of computer addiction and stop posting in KTL?

http://i33.tinypic.com/k4uw03.jpg

Mic Tyson
12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
why are people talkin about freedom on here like they don't have any?

if u can spend your days postin about reptillians and retarded shit like that you have freedom

TSA
12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
lol seriously

maybe cause Poppa Wu's righteous name is Freedom (look it up)

but seriously, and they can never name 1 freedom they want and don't have

David Columbine
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
trP2QGcDv28

Prince Rai
12-01-2008, 05:04 PM
why are people talkin about freedom on here like they don't have any?

if u can spend your days postin about reptillians and retarded shit like that you have freedom

true, or at least freedom in one aspect, being freedom of speech.

I saw the term "land". Freedom to own land is rather more ambiguous.
Does man have the "right" to own land? If so, how free is he to obtain that right?

I think most people are quite free, but there are many restrictions we take for granted or don't really comprehend.

Just as an example, If I do get a mortgage to buy a house, I have freedom because I have proprietary interest in my acquired land, but like with the current crisis, what if i cant pay it back and default.. was i ever really free?

I guess freedom is a concept which is hard to understand to the fullest. It has so many facets.

Eater
12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
We have good freedom of speech in this country, but not the freedom to yell "fire" in a crowded theater or to slander others (except if we are willing the pay the price exacted by the courts). But like was previously observed, should anyone really want to?

In some countries even today, it can be very hazardous to your health to say something critical of the government - you can be taken in the middle of the night without due process, tortured and killed, with no redress.

We don't have the freedom to take things that belong to other people, again unless we are willing to risk getting caught and paying the price. But like was previously observed, should anyone really want to?