PDA

View Full Version : Watch LIVE football for FREE!

Tage
11-30-2008, 02:56 PM
(forget this)

P3T3R BARK3R
12-09-2008, 03:03 PM
thx.
just made my day

Tage
12-10-2008, 06:03 PM
(forget this)

Olive Oil Goombah
12-10-2008, 06:45 PM
I thought you meant FOOTBALL not fucking SOCCER...

I was gonna say, thanks alot, now that my fantasy season is over...

Olive Oil Goombah
12-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I tried watchin soccer the other day....

I saw the end of a match between Manchester U and some team named Sunderland?? or sumthing...

It was a good game, might have been old..they scored a goal inthe last second to win 1-0....so basically i watched the whole thing and they played for 2 hours and didnt score til the end....

I dunno man...i dont see how you guys get into that shit like that. Plus the clock is fucked up and they got extra time or something??? What??

HANZO
12-10-2008, 07:42 PM
a 90 minute game with 2, 45 minute halves really shouldnt be that complex.

games dnt have high scores, cause its actually hard to score a goal. which makes scoring a goal worth something. there is no extra time that only happens if the game requires a team to win.

wilmington shogun
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
i thought you meant the cool football you eurofags

whitey
12-10-2008, 08:22 PM
i thought you meant the cool football you eurofags

piss off you hoser

whitey
12-10-2008, 08:26 PM

I saw the end of a match between Manchester U and some team named Sunderland?? or sumthing...

It was a good game, might have been old..they scored a goal inthe last second to win 1-0....so basically i watched the whole thing and they played for 2 hours and didnt score til the end....

I dunno man...i dont see how you guys get into that shit like that. Plus the clock is fucked up and they got extra time or something??? What??

the game is about scoring to win obviously. but you only need 1 to win. its more about how you play the game. its so hard to do what a lot of those guys do you appreciate the skills and knowledge of the game involved.

when americans say well if our best athletes played soccer wed be the best at that, thats not even close to being true. it takes more than just being the best athlete to be good at soccer.

the extra time is just the injury time. they play 90, and at the end of each half the ref, who keeps the offical time on his watch. adds on a couple minutes for things like injuries, cards, goals, ect.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
oh ok, that clears it up.

I've never said they lacked skill or that soccer wasn't fun to play. It is just boring to WATCH.

Eh, i guess its entertaining.
I had fun watching the Azzuri win a few years back, cuz i actually had someone to root for.
maybe that is the problem

Tage
12-11-2008, 07:32 AM
(forget this)

wilmington shogun
12-11-2008, 04:38 PM
america is so gankstuh we can call a sport anything we want even if it doesnt make sense

you fags are just mad that real men play cool football while fags play running kickball

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 04:43 PM
If AMerican wanted to dominate soccer aka futeball, we could.

We just chose to play our own games which are far more entertaining.

HANZO
12-11-2008, 04:59 PM
well its stupid not wanting to dominate the sport which makes the most money.

American football is not exciting, theres no flow to it at all. reason why the rest of the world dnt watch it. it also failed in europe pretty badly.

but i guess its an American thing, i mean you guys watch Nascar.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I dont kno...College football is the shiznit. But if you have no one to root for, all sports are pretty boring.

I dont watch hockey cuz we dont have a pro team.

Its not like soccer isnt played here. Every school has a team unless its a black school or something.

Still, I'd rather watch hockey than soccer.

HANZO
12-11-2008, 05:11 PM
i think its the fact that soccer is a heavily european dominated sport. and the hate for euros is so intense that Americans dnt want to watch it.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 05:15 PM
nah, i think hate is too strong a word.

AMericans hate muslims, they just dislike europeans. In particular France. Occasionally England, but they usually always got our back no matter what.

Its all De Gaulles fault.

Truthfully, AMericans dont even give a shit about soccer. I mean really, I'd rather the Cavs win the NBA Finals than for team USA to win gold.

HANZO
12-11-2008, 05:23 PM
maybe the fact that they would lose pretty badly to France and England in a game would be too much for Americans to handle.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Nah, i dont think we could ever have an inferiority complex to those two countries. Not after WWII and how they begged us to stay afterward. Than they got there confidence and swagger back, and act like we are the imperialists and they are liberals when they started this whole thing.

But yea, they could beat us in soccer. I'll give them that.

whitey
12-11-2008, 06:12 PM
see you say you cant watch real football because the attention span of americans is so dysmal. they need commercials. it lets them know when to watch and when to get beers. soccer there isnt any. there are some "boring" (as one of the big complaints of non football fans) parts during a game but there are boring parts in any sport. incomplete passes, runs for no gain. screens for no gain. tons of plays have no result. but its the possiblity that something big could happen on this play, or this trip down the court, or this pitch. which is whats gay. you need to know when to pay attention.

football you could be missing an amazing play at any second you take your eyes off the game. it might not even be near the goal but the skill needed to do certain things is something that deferentiates the sport. if you dont understand it, it makes it hard to watch because its "just guys kicking a ball", which is the furthest thing from the truth.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 06:55 PM
please. your so full of shit right now its coming out of your shinguards.

OH my god a goal can happen anytime!!!

Well, a TD can too! so can a homerun! or a dunk or 3 pointer!

there is no point to this argument.

You can go on an anti-AMerican tirade, but the fact is that you can't stand it that Americans belittle soccer because you subliminally want our approval.

ANd if you ARE an american, than you must be an immigrant, cuz no AMerican likes soccer above the big three.

whitey
12-11-2008, 07:01 PM
born and raised in NY. pops came over from italy in his 20s.

and i didnt say a goal could happen at any time. i said a moment of brillance. skill that is much much harder than just running into a line of people. and be honest you know thats not a skill, thats 100% athletic ability. thats the reason sean alexander goes from MVP to not in the league in 2 years.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Is it the same reason Beckham was a flop for LA???

Running back is more than "running into a line of people"...LMAO.

Watch Barry Sanders, LT, Adrian Peterson run.

You can really compare soccer to football, its totally different. But i think basketball takes more skill than soccer and probably more than any.
Altho hitting Major league pitching...a 97mph fastball, a slider or curveball, might be harder to do than any of them.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 07:15 PM
pops came over from italy in his 20s.

this is what im sayin tho....your pops raised you with soccer. I got a friend who's into soccer too, but his parents were immigrants also. And all these croatian dudes i grew up with whose parents were immigrants were soccer players too.

But people who have been here for 3, 4 generations tend not to care about soccer.

whitey
12-11-2008, 07:18 PM
nah dude basketball out of all the sports is completely size driven. very few undersized guys can play the game.

a guy like jj redick, sick in college, can shoot lights out all day (skill), cant even get on the court in the nba.

trust me ive seen barry and i see adrain. but its all because they are freaks athletically. look at your boy lebron. man child. fast and huge. just blows by people. the act of shooting a basketball is not hard. i know plenty of jo shmo white dudes who can probably shoot better dudes in the nba but couldnt even dream of picking up a jock strap for those guys because they didnt hit the genetic lottery.

beckham was a "flop" in LA because his team is garbage. its an 11 man game, hes got a skill that very few people in the world can do. but if his teammates arent getting in a position to utilize that skill, or if they are in position and dont finish than its not his fault.

whitey
12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
this is what im sayin tho....your pops raised you with soccer. I got a friend who's into soccer too, but his parents were immigrants also. And all these croatian dudes i grew up with whose parents were immigrants were soccer players too.

But people who have been here for 3, 4 generations tend not to care about soccer.

i totally get that. that is part of the problem. if you grow up with it, you appreciate the subtleties of the game. something id get and saw wow that was an amazing bit of skill i just witnessed, a person whos not a fan of the sport would go, so what he just kicked it he didnt do anything special.

i grew up here my whole life, have play other sports, and have watched other sports my whole life. its not that i dont like other sports, i do, ive got favorite teams in the other sports and what not. its just when people bash a sport they dont know anything about likes its the cool thing to do that gets me.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 07:37 PM
nah dude basketball out of all the sports is completely size driven. very few undersized guys can play the game.

a guy like jj redick, sick in college, can shoot lights out all day (skill), cant even get on the court in the nba.

trust me ive seen barry and i see adrain. but its all because they are freaks athletically. look at your boy lebron. man child. fast and huge. just blows by people. the act of shooting a basketball is not hard. i know plenty of jo shmo white dudes who can probably shoot better dudes in the nba but couldnt even dream of picking up a jock strap for those guys because they didnt hit the genetic lottery.

beckham was a "flop" in LA because his team is garbage. its an 11 man game, hes got a skill that very few people in the world can do. but if his teammates arent getting in a position to utilize that skill, or if they are in position and dont finish than its not his fault.

I don't agree. First of all, what is undersized??? I mean, most athletes are bigger, taller and more skilled. Thats why they are athletes.
JJ Redick is a great shooter, but he lacks every thing else. He can't get the hoop, can't break his man down off the dribble, can't rebound, play defense. He is one dimensional and is a system player.
You can't just be big in basketball. YOu gotta have skills, or you'll just be a stiff.

If LeBron was playing soccer his whole life, he'd probably dominate. If he was a pitcher...same. If he was playin football, he would be a freak.

I mentioned Beckham cuz you mentioned alexander...Alexander is old and the shelf life of physical running back or RBs in general inthe NFL is very short because of the contanct they take.
You can sit here and say its pussy cuz they wear pads, but you kno damn well football aint no pussy sport. Especially for RBs. They take the most contact of any position.

The Hound
12-11-2008, 09:58 PM
NFL is one of the wackest sports i've ever seen behind ice hockey

any sport where an obese man is considered an athelete is NOT a sport

add to that it takes about 7 weeks to complete a game ...

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Very few are Obese. You need weight tho if your on the lines.

NFL players are far better athletes than soccer dudes. Sure they don't have soccer skills, but they don't play it.

If NFL players started playin soccer, it would revolutionize the whole sport. It would be faster higher scoring...

Guys that play now arent even fast. buncha slow white dudes..

11th Chamber
12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
American football is not exciting, theres no flow to it at all. reason why the rest of the world dnt watch it. it also failed in europe pretty badly.

Which is basically the exact same thing people in America say about Soccer

You gotta realize that Football is what we grow up watching, and its the number one sport in terms of ratings

Soccer is like that in almost the rest of the world

So of course your not gonna like Football.

If you grew up in America you would like Football, and prolly not care for Soccer

Me personally I dont watch soccer that much, BUT come World Cup time, im glued to the TV. Love that shit

any sport where an obese man is considered an athelete is NOT a sport

You need fat dudes on the O-Line. You dont kno football, so your opinion doesnt really hold weight

Those obese guys are still well conditioned and are strong as hell

The Hound
12-11-2008, 10:10 PM
faster? ... footballers (soccer players) are amongst the FITTEST athlete's in the WORLD ... NFL players are not

in comparison to body size ... rugby union and rugby league players are of proportionate size to nfl players and are superior athlete because the game doesn't stop for 40 minute halves ...

NFL is wack because it takes too long ... i watched some the other day and for 5 minutes nothing happend after they ran the ball, wtf?

and football wasn't designed to be high scoring ... it's a continual contest for the ball, 1 goal is enough type shit ... you yanks don't like football because it's a european thing

11th Chamber
12-11-2008, 10:12 PM
faster? ... footballers (soccer players) are amongst the FITTEST athlete's in the WORLD ... NFL players are not

lol, jus stop

Point to one linebacker, Cornerback, Running back, etc. that isnt fuckin built and in amazing shape

your not gonna find one

L~>1<~NKS
12-11-2008, 10:13 PM
NFL nigga NFLLLLL

that Voitball shit is cool when ur surrounded by a bunch of wild Columbian Brazilian Argentinian Spainish Italian women - other then that - borin'

I'll buy the bar if sum1ne brings an NFL Pass in this bitch

The Hound
12-11-2008, 10:17 PM
lol, jus stop

Point to one linebacker, Cornerback, Running back, etc. that isnt fuckin built and in amazing shape

your not gonna find one

lol ... do you understand the term FIT compared to BUILT?

footballers are amongst the fittest because they have to RUN and SPRINT from close to 100 minutes

now they have shitty technology that tells you have many km's they ran in a match lol guarenteed every NFL player combined in one game didn't match a midfielder in football

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Football players are just as fit if not fitter what are you talkin about. They are faster, bigger and stronger.

WRs and DBs run just as much and also figure in special teams.

Rugby'? COme on man....

On an NFL play they are going at it much harder and faster than either soccer or Rugby. Plus they get hit harder BECAUSE of the pads and helmets.

Im not saying rugby aint physical but come on....you cant be serious.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
plus football players are exerting more energy with tackles, blocking and all that shit.

The Hound
12-11-2008, 10:39 PM
you've never played rugby league so you don't know how physical it is to be smashed by a bloke who weighs 120kg with no protection ...

11th Chamber
12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
NFL Hits have an almost 3 times greater impact

scientifically proven

Olive Oil Goombah
12-11-2008, 10:41 PM
lol....ok well you never played NFL football, so you dont kno what its like to get smashed by some 'bloke' who weights 350 pounds.

whitey
12-12-2008, 09:21 AM
NFL Hits have an almost 3 times greater impact

scientifically proven

they know they can hit harder because of the pads. im not saying its pussy for wearing them. but your going to slow up a little bit if you dont have them instead of running full speed knowing you have some protection on your head and what not.

Tage
12-13-2008, 08:41 AM
why is everyone defending football? everyone knows football (not to be confused with yank football) is the best sport in the world. we could probabaly prove that aswell.

anyway nice to know this thread went down the right route... anyone actually tried to use this? ITS A GOOD PROGRAM!

HANZO
12-13-2008, 10:32 AM
u lot are fuckin stupid if you think NFL players are fitter than soccer players. an average soccer player runs 8kilometres in a single game. NFL players would die if they do that.

im sure if you stick Kaka on an NFL pitch throw him the ball and tell him to run, no other player would even get close to catching him.

I dnt see how you lot can say NFL is a faster game. also that thing about NFL impacts being 3 times higher. you cannot be serious.

oldie
12-13-2008, 09:57 PM

I find it interesting how you dont understand football!

its fucking brilliant.

and yer it was Man U vs Sunderland - Vidic scored from just outside the penatly box! THAT is what its all about, edge of your chair type shit watching the build up to that! they clinched the game at the last minute to win and take all 3 points, brilliant!

and yer, stoppage time/extra time, when players are down then obviously it stops the play of the game which is an unfair advantage to the losing team so to make it fair, they add the stoppage time (when a players wriggling about in pain, fake or real) and add it onto the end of the game, usually ends up been 3 minutes for some reason. they play two halves of 45 minutes and a 15 minute break inbetween halves.

oldie
12-13-2008, 10:03 PM
the only thing i will say against football players is they need to man up and stop being pussies, they go down at every little flinch these days!

Ronaldo and Beckham are the worst for it IMO and im a Man U fan!

i was watchin MOTD tonight and i cant remember the players or teams but some dude went down claiming he being nutted after getting confronted face to face with another player. it was a real bad delayed reaction, its like he thought about that shit for like 5 seconds and he didnt even get touched. fuckin fag!

plus i predict that players will avoid tackling Ronaldo as much as poss before long cos he goes down alllll the fucking time, i wish hed give up the diving, hes a fuckin quality player with more than enough skill to take the ball past any player.

11th Chamber
12-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I dnt see how you lot can say NFL is a faster game. also that thing about NFL impacts being 3 times higher. you cannot be serious.

the show Sports Science did a study on it

an NFL hit averages over 3,000 lbs of impact

a Rugby hit averages over 1,000 lbs of impact

(they got a pro from each sport as testees)

Guarded By Martyrs
12-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I see...the old "Football" debate.

I like both sports, Football (Soccer) at #1 and The NFL #2

The main difference is simply that Football games (game time)
Is vast compared to an NFL game.

If you watch a midfield player for the whole game...Like Benny mentioned
You will understand just how active they are for an hour and a half.
Wing-Backs as well, they constantly run with the ball/without it
Up and down the line all game long.

Where as NFL players are much, much more specialized
To the point it's scary, they have one simplr job to do
And the game is split up in 4 sections, to me that is easier on the players
I'd rather do that than do 2 halfs, simply because I would get more breaks.
Like HAN said, Kaka or Agbonlhor for example are too swift
And bearing in mind they can run with the ball at their feet
And maintain tremondous pace, that skill level is not shown in my opinion in a NFL game.

Also I've noticed that the league in the premiership at least (Enlgish Top League)
The teams are much more evenly spread, .eaning anyone can beat anyone on their day
I don't think the same can be said for The NFL.

It boils down to the fact that Footbal (Soccer) players in my opinion are much more
Prepeared and have the ability to play and do different things in the game
Versatlity, making them more aware of the opponents weapons on the filed.
Again, NFL players all have thei own speacil job to do...
Just watch a kicker try and tackle Devin Hestor as he returns the kick-off for example.

Of course your gonna rep where your from...
I'm from England and Football is my shit, no doubt.
But I watch The NFL all the time and love it...
I just wish some Americans could learn to do the same respectively
I think th problem is seeing the game rsult as 1-0 or 2-1.
I think if you say some games that go like - 4-4, 4-3, ect...
The final between Liverpool & AC Milan and games of this nature
Ones that go to penalties, you would see the beautiful game for what it is.

I also belive American Sports in general are designed to be watched rather than played
If you see where I'm comming from ?
I mean an NFL game goes on for 60 minutes... start watching the game at say 1am
The game isn't finnished untill about 4:30am--------------60 minute game time !!!!!!!

It's so layed back, the only thing we have that is anywhere near the same level-
"Time-Wise" is Cricket. (and that is on next levels anyway)

As for te debate regarding who is fitter...I'd say Football (Soccer) players
Simply because they stay active for longer periods...
I've never seen an American Football Player pull up from cramp...
Or drop to the floor from exhaustion.

However...I have seen dents in helmets and hits that made me think :

"If That Was Me I Think I'd Be Paralized"

NFL >>> Rugby

No doubt.