PDA

View Full Version : Any1 Ever Try To Quit Cursing

pep
12-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Ive tried to quit cursing atleast 1nce a year for probably the last 10 years..its mad hard (n/h)..someone told me the only way to stop is to stop cursing in y our mind which is damn near impossible...any1 got any tips or pointers??

Olive Oil Goombah
12-01-2008, 08:29 AM
AA...they seemed to help drunks. Reformed my uncle.

Professor Poopsnagle
12-01-2008, 10:04 AM
My girlfriends keeps a swear jar for me, but I simply cannot contain my anger, which she is mainly responsible for most of the time anyway. Usually resulting in a shitstorm of niggers, fucks and cunts. Soon enough we can afford to remodel our kitchen and maybe even have a second car.

SickT
12-01-2008, 10:10 AM
i tried maybe once... it's impossible.

food for thought
12-01-2008, 10:20 AM
lol

i havent tried stopping completely but i cuss less when im with specific groups of ppl (girls or old pp)

so i think it is possible

DrunkenMasta303
12-01-2008, 10:24 AM
just pray to obama every morning n he'll remove all of your reasons to curse

pep
12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
i tried maybe once... it's impossible.
it is hard as heck....

David Columbine
12-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Who gives a fuck

Tyler Durden
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I've tried before, but it's kind of stuck in my normal conversation now.

If I see someone I haven't seen in a while i'll say "I haven't seen you in fucking ages"

or in a pub I automatically say to friends if I see them "Alright daft cunt"

It's just the norm now

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-01-2008, 11:17 AM
why would you want to even do that? thats gay

Longbongcilvaringz
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
People who get annoyed by certain words which have nothing behind them really need to examine their priorities.

I never understood societies problem with certain words, but acceptance of different words with virtually the same meaning.

Words like "ass" and "crap" being censored on US television is odd.

Gratuitous violence is fine, but "cussin" must be stopped at all cost.

IrOnMaN
12-01-2008, 11:23 AM
I only use curse words when I'm online.

prrra718
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
i dont really swear a lot...i swear when i work thats about it...otherwise im around family and children..i dont like 2 swear around women and kids..but hey sometimes i slip....oh well...fuck it...lol

Cee Oh Vee
12-01-2008, 11:24 AM
it really aint that difficult.

but it seems you guys don't think about what you're saying before you run your mouth, and i aint saying i dont swear but i can easily control it in certain company.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't understand you people

food for thought
12-01-2008, 11:27 AM
it really aint that difficult.

but it seems you guys don't think about what you're saying before you run your mouth, and i aint saying i dont swear but i can easily control it in certain company.

cosign ERthing

begongo
12-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I can abstain from cursing in my native language for short periods of time, but I don't really want to .. lol

Now in english it's a totally different story, it's absolutely impossible for me not to curse because when I learnt it I learnt it "curse incorporated" since I picked most of it from tv and hip hop

minibumpsh
12-01-2008, 01:31 PM
yeah hahah i used to try and stop cursing..like, "u cant use the F-word' and shit but yea never worked out

David Columbine
12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
People who get annoyed by certain words which have nothing behind them really need to examine their priorities.

I never understood societies problem with certain words, but acceptance of different words with virtually the same meaning.

Offensive finger gestures is what puzzles me.

Tyler Durden
12-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Offensive finger gestures is what puzzles me.

Yea, me too.

I don't understand that, Its a chuffing finger for Christ Sake.

(I tend to use chuff when I'm trying not to swear, some people find it just as offensive, these people should be shot)

Longbongcilvaringz
12-01-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm giving you the toe sidious.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-01-2008, 01:58 PM

I agree...That censoring words on songs is very strange indeed.
Especially when only certain words are cut from the track
Only to have an in depth sentence describing in detail things that are just as bad
If not worse, I've never understoood that at all.

Over here (England) you really get frowned upon if you say "cunt"
It's the one word that people actually shiver at ?!?!?
But in my opinion it's all down to the way you use the word, any word
And the way you say it :

"You Fucking Cunt !!!!" vs "You Little Cunt"

The first is pure anger, like someone has stollen something of yours
The second is like giving someone small praise
But letting them know it was cheeky.

As for myself, I don't swear that much in general, especially when I'm by myself.
When I'm with people I do swear though, you can't help but take in whats around you.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Exactly.

Emotion is expressed regardless of the language used.

It just so happens that a lot of people choose to express anger by using a limited range of "offensive" words.

Swearing is just part of language, like any other words and phrases.

Saying something offensive and cruel is just as easy without swearing, as it is with.

It just political correctness by semantics.

Cunt was a bit taboo here a while ago i guess, but is pretty much used as a term of endearment now.

Seems to be a different case in other countries though.

TSA
12-01-2008, 02:08 PM
its cause ppl think they can protect they faggoty little kids from shit by acting like it doesn't exist.

faggots.

i tired to stop saying faggot cause it's cut my insult vocabulary down 90%, but i can't, the word is just to perfect of an insult

Olive Oil Goombah
12-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Exactly.

Emotion is expressed regardless of the language used.

It just so happens that a lot of people choose to express anger by using a limited range of "offensive" words.

Swearing is just part of language, like any other words and phrases.

Saying something offensive and cruel is just as easy without swearing, as it is with.

It just political correctness by semantics.

Cunt was a bit taboo here a while ago i guess, but is pretty much used as a term of endearment now.

Seems to be a different case in other countries though.

I noticed this the other day when i was watching Braveheart on the Ion channel.

They censored 'Jesus' throughout the movie, but did not censor any of the graphic violence.
I was like, wtf???

pep
12-01-2008, 03:13 PM

a curse is the crutch of a weak mind..it shows limited vocab...plus i deal in refinement so im trying to better myself at all times...plus im a father and i dont want my kids to have potty mouths..when i was young moms used to tell me people in the south cursed alot because they were not well educated...

Blackula Spectacula
12-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Fuck no.

pep
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM
if your mouth got that much nasty shit coming out of it, i can only imagine what u put in it..ooowwwwwwww

SKAMPOE
12-01-2008, 03:25 PM
curse words are the best words ever invented imo, they make sentences that would be long as fuck shorter...

Olive Oil Goombah
12-01-2008, 03:28 PM
fuck is one of the most versatile words in the english language.

pep
12-01-2008, 03:29 PM
u motherfuckers is absolutely no fucking help.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
what the fuck did you expect from a group of fuckwads like us.

Blackula Spectacula
12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
if your mouth got that much nasty shit coming out of it, i can only imagine what u put in it..ooowwwwwwww

Yeah i put your nasty moms in it Pendejo!

pep
12-01-2008, 03:36 PM
smart ass.....^^

TSA
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I only use curse words when I'm online.
LOL

the greatest nigga alive.

i don't cuss around africans, it feels unnatural
i also dont and can't cuss around siblings parents and at home.

it was never a rule not to cuss in my house, but we just don't do it cause it feels awkward.

pep
12-01-2008, 04:01 PM
LOL

the greatest nigga alive.

i don't cuss around africans, it feels unnatural
i also dont and can't cuss around siblings parents and at home.

it was never a rule not to cuss in my house, but we just don't do it cause it feels awkward.
being around a lot of muslims, afrikans and other cultures thruout my life i've noticed that amerikkkans do the most cursing and i dont wanna reflect the miseducation learned in this wilderness...

HANZO
12-01-2008, 04:20 PM
well i gotta cut down on the curse words when i go back to the old country. they frown on it really badly.

but here i have a curse word in every sentence. its with upbringing, i usually end each sentence with an obscene turkish word.

drippie k
12-01-2008, 05:15 PM
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfu ckfuckfuckfuckfuck

Killa BB
12-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't know how but I can only filter the cusswords at work and around old people. Aside from that... I doubt I'll ever quit completely.

THE MASON
12-01-2008, 10:51 PM
never really tried to stop cursing

i dont usually do it around the elderly, maybe out of respect but other then that fuck it, its been built into my everyday conversations with people

Dokuro
12-01-2008, 11:05 PM
FUCK NO seriosly every fucking word i fuckin say is a fucking cuss word
note i actualy said that

SHRAP
12-02-2008, 12:11 AM
i stopped cursing where theres young kids around. guess if i wanted to stop cussing completely id have to trick myself into believing there could be children lurking around every corner or some shit