PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain facebook to me?

DJMethods
12-02-2008, 08:04 AM
I dont get this shit.

You created a profile, add a bunch of people you don't even know because you want to look like you're popular and know hot girls, then what? You comment on eachother's pictures? Is it a picture thing, cause if I wanna hit up some clubs I'll just call my mates.

It's basically so people can take overly flattering photo's of themselves and get some self esteem going?

All those "announcements" and shit, like people give a fuck about your life. And WHY would you want them to know some of that shit? A chick I know broke up her relationship of like 8 years, and it announced it to EVERYBODY and then she complained everyone knew.

No shit they knew fuckwit, you announced it over your whole fucking facebook.

Is that basically it?

Longbongcilvaringz
12-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Facebook is designed so that ugly chicks can compliment other ugly chicks photos.

It is that simple.

SKAMPOE
12-02-2008, 08:16 AM
basically

this is the face of face book

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb165/skampoe/n506414961_994076_5231.jpg

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-02-2008, 08:28 AM
its annoying as hell cus you get lots of old High school tards running up on you bothering you while wish they would stay away from you.

i decided it was the most retarded, pointless self absorbing thing i ever did. no one uses it for anything worthwhile. i havent logged in for months.

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 08:30 AM
If i don't post a picture of a pigeon and i reply to your question will you like me again?

DJMethods
12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
^^I dont dislike anyone. I pity them and look down upon them.

But yerr GHOSTLACED, thats my thing too.

Shogah
12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Facebook is designed so that ugly chicks can compliment other ugly chicks photos.

It is that simple.

co sign.

And also for mediocre and ugly chicks to look hot.

Prolifical ENG
12-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Facebooks for girls mostly. I always see them looking at fotos togather on a 'puter...girls live for facebook seeing people making funny faces and girls dressed up as slutbags, etc.

Sometimes its easier to message someone on facebook rather than e-mail them apparently.

The events tool makes it easier to administer events through it. My work Christmas party is pretty much administered through the thing.

In general you have those people on there that you really don't talk to anymore or talk to them once every 2 years and might send a Christmas card to them or some shit.

Amount of friends on facebook means to me simply they go on it way too much.

For a gentleman like yourself you can get through life just fine without it.

SKAMPOE
12-02-2008, 08:39 AM
@ shogah
im feelin that avi^

HANZO
12-02-2008, 08:45 AM
i never understood this facebook crap either. everyone has one, jus like why. whats the point?? do ppl not have friends in real life, cant they communicate with ppl without the need for a keyboard.

ppl get such a boner over it. i see it in uni mostly the girls jus bring their laptops in and go on facebook and jus talk to each other in lectures. like why dnt u jus shout across the room like i do.

SKAMPOE
12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
hahahha for real hahhaha

DJMethods
12-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Facebooks for girls mostly. I always see them looking at fotos togather on a 'puter...girls live for facebook seeing people making funny faces and girls dressed up as slutbags, etc.

Sometimes its easier to message someone on facebook rather than e-mail them apparently.

The events tool makes it easier to administer events through it. My work Christmas party is pretty much administered through the thing.

In general you have those people on there that you really don't talk to anymore or talk to them once every 2 years and might send a Christmas card to them or some shit.

Amount of friends on facebook means to me simply they go on it way too much.

For a gentleman like yourself you can get through life just fine without it.

People always ask me "why dont you have a facebook?". I literally get asked multiple times a week, even when I'm out and meet a chick they take down my full name and shit to "facebook" me. They're like "I'll add you on facebook tomorrow"... "uh.. dont have one" and cop the weirdest look. It's like you just told them you only have one irregularly large nut.

I just dont have the urge to go on facebook. I'll leave msn up for most days during work (We're encouraged to), my email is known to all mates and so's my number. HOW MANY FUCKING WAYS DO YOU NEED TO CONTACT ME?

I've also got one mate who's now taken modelling shots for his profile pic. I've known this dude for ages, been in so many smashes cause he can't handle his piss, he talks himself up massively and now has MODELLING PICTURES ON FACEBOOK.

Shits just wack.

HANZO
12-02-2008, 09:03 AM
iv had ppl actually make a facebook for me. like da fuk is wrong with you ppl??

i swear to god i get the feeling that one day theres gonna be a facebook holocaust, the ppl with facebook are gonna be coming after us ppl without.

i can understand the jews now.

SKAMPOE
12-02-2008, 09:10 AM
http://scienceblogs.com/omnibrain/upload/2007/06/01-Pigeon.jpg

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 09:55 AM
^^I dont dislike anyone. I pity them and look down upon them.

But yerr GHOSTLACED, thats my thing too.

Bad answer

http://i36.tinypic.com/23ur01v.jpg

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 09:57 AM
i never understood this facebook crap either. everyone has one, jus like why. whats the point?? do ppl not have friends in real life, cant they communicate with ppl without the need for a keyboard.

ppl get such a boner over it. i see it in uni mostly the girls jus bring their laptops in and go on facebook and jus talk to each other in lectures. like why dnt u jus shout across the room like i do.

It's a popularity contest, they do that so everyone can see how many wall posts and pic comments they have and how much everyone likes them while slightly boosting there self esteem and masking there insecurities.

*Logs on to facebook*

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM

yeah girls are dumb. but then they can be smart too. but most of the time they do dumb shit. i'd understand the whole facebook thing if i showed it to someone who didnt know what the internet was, but people think its cool simply because they have found something to do on their computers.

my theory is facebook is for shallow people who realise they should be using the internet by now, but have very little actual interests or thirst for knowledge, so the idea of the internet is actually boring to them, as they dont really care about anything apart from themselves. But they know its not cool to be computer illiterate nowadays. So they facebook. problems solved.

Blackula Spectacula
12-02-2008, 10:38 AM
orignally I had used facebook for staying in touch with my highschool friends 98% of the people on my facebook i know and have met personally. When I had moved to Miami, thats what I used to stay in touch with everyone. I don't have many facebook friends, recently i have been adding you silly wu corpers but i have to stop that because I find it awkward, I also hate to be tagged into stupid drunken pictures of me. I stay away from the camera as much as possible when i'm drunk.

I do have a myspace thats for da fans :cool: www.myspace.com/esko_von

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Going through facebook friends deleting ones you dont want is a soul cleansing experience.

Try it.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 10:44 AM
I dont kno why i have either one, altho its fun to check out some of the girls on there who post 100's of slutty pics.

i rarely check them, i should get rid of myspace cuz i havent been on that in like a year.

It was fun when i first got it to catch up with people i hadnt seen for a while, but after that its like...ok

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, i'm, like, totally over it too.

At first it was all, like, wow! Oh. My. God. I, like, cannot believe how much weight he put on.

But now it's just, like, whatever!

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 10:49 AM
two snaps

Mr. X
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

Mark Zuckerberg founded "The Facebook", originally located at thefacebook.com, on February 4, 2004[9] while attending Harvard University as a sophomore.[1] The company dropped The from its name after purchasing the domain name facebook.com in 2005 for $200,000.[10]

Membership was initially restricted to students of Harvard College, and within the first month, more than half the undergraduate population at Harvard were registered on the service.[11] Eduardo Saverin (business aspects), Dustin Moskovitz (programmer), Andrew McCollum (graphic artist), and Chris Hughes soon joined Zuckerberg to help promote the website. In March 2004, Facebook expanded to Stanford, Columbia, and Yale.[12] This expansion continued when it opened to all Ivy League schools and gradually most universities in Canada and the United States.[13] In June 2004, Facebook moved its base of operations to Palo Alto, California.[12] In October 2008, Facebook announced that it was to set up its international headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. [14]

Facebook launched a high school version in September 2005, which Zuckerberg called the next logical step.[15] At that time, high school networks required an invitation to join.[16] Facebook later expanded membership eligibility to employees of several companies including Apple Inc. and Microsoft.[17] Facebook was then opened to everyone of ages 13 and older with a valid e-mail address on September 26, 2006.[18][19]

BusinessWeek has confirmed that Facebook, beginning in Autumn 2008, will allow its employees to sell stock at no more than a $3.75 billion valuation.[20]

I really need to get a good idea.

TAURO
12-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I use facebook simply as a means of passing photos around to my friends that I may have taken on a night out with them, other than that I don't use it.

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 11:33 AM
It's strange some hot bitch from primary school has been flirting with me since she added me, shes hot so i have been returning the affection, what puzzles me is that i left that primary school in year 3.

I don't remember the bitch and yet i am going to her birthday party this saturday.

Thanks facebook!

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
get tha fuck outta here with the English public shool bullshit

Mr. X
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
It's strange some hot bitch from primary school has been flirting with me since she added me, shes hot so i have been returning the affection, what puzzles me is that i left that primary school in year 3.

I don't remember the bitch and yet i am going to her birthday party this saturday.

Thanks facebook!
Sounds like a bait and rape to me.

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM

Wc4XX3QcRJY

Longbongcilvaringz
12-02-2008, 11:45 AM

haha

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Wc4XX3QcRJY

hahaha...what movie is that i wanna watch the whole thing.
Fuck them paki asian bastuds....its time for the English the reclaim wuts theres

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 11:50 AM
This Is England.

You racist fuck.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
fuck off cunt just tell me the movie

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 11:51 AM
I did.

This Is England.

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
hahaha...what movie is that i wanna watch the whole thing.
Fuck them paki asian bastuds....its time for the English the reclaim wuts theres

http://www.tv-links.cc/movie/this-is-england.htm#

Longbongcilvaringz
12-02-2008, 11:52 AM
that is what it is called nicky mate.

Mr. X
12-02-2008, 11:54 AM
What is that? British History X?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:54 AM
aye....my apologies for the miscommunication.

Looks like a American History X British style...which means much cornier, more knives and a much more interesting dialect.

The Paki's must be a target. I recall a short film on IFC once were this Paki kid gets made fun of, goes home, looks in his bathroom mirror and proceeds to cut his hair and eyebrows of, while crying and ridiculing himself with blood everywhere.

it was exceptionally heavy

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
British films cornier than hollywood, fo real?

It's a good film definitely worth watching.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-02-2008, 11:56 AM
It's nothing like what you think it is you filthy American ignoramus.

Get familiar.

Radio.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:59 AM
I've seen Radio...good flick. u misplaced brit.

this never ceases to make me laugh

1d9_N3wYsno&hl

Longbongcilvaringz
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, those clips always make me laugh a bit inside.

Never out loud though really.

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
What is that? British History X?

Yeah basically.

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
aye....my apologies for the miscommunication.

Looks like a American History X British style...which means much cornier, more knives and a much more interesting dialect.

The Paki's must be a target. I recall a short film on IFC once were this Paki kid gets made fun of, goes home, looks in his bathroom mirror and proceeds to cut his hair and eyebrows of, while crying and ridiculing himself with blood everywhere.

it was exceptionally heavy

Bristsh people are the finest actors in the world, no question

Before you start rippin on Pakis watch the whole film first.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Yeah, those clips always make me laugh a bit inside.

Never out loud though really.

its not politically correct to laugh out loud at this stuff.

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Pat.

On a completely different topic, Im worried about your brother.

I spat a couple of bars off the top of the dome. Nothing too serious, just a little thing, thing, na mean?

He seems to have dissapeared after this.

I hope he hasn't taken my ryhmes to heart.

It's not good for a negro's health.

Gutter shit.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 12:10 PM
palantie get off the sanzogni nutsack....you king james reading mother fuckin wanker ass Brit...get the fuck off this forum

Art Vandelay
12-02-2008, 12:11 PM
i know what most of you mean. i have facebook, but it's all people i know personally. nobody from wu-corp. it's good to stay in touch with people that you don't see all the time, but it's annoying when its somebody from highschool that wants to talk to you, but you didn't even talk to them in highschool. i get annoyed by people when i see that they have 250 facebook friends. i want to punch them.

i hate fucking myspace. i won't get a myspace account

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Wow.

That was not only unexpected, but hurtful.

I hope later on in life, or even the evening, you will look back at what you wrote with regret.

Mr. X
12-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Bristsh people are the finest actors in the world, no question

Before you start rippin on Pakis watch the whole film first.
Hugh Laurie is one of the finest actors I've seen. His american accent is eerily good. I had no idea he was British until I looked him up.

Haha he was in the live 101 Dalmatians as a henchmen.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Robert is doing ok i think.

Not great, understandably, but ok.

And no, i have no idea when he will be back, fully recovered.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 12:16 PM
he's probably porkin that fine speciman entitled 'Mel'

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 12:17 PM
My ryhmes are like Lenny in Of Mice And Men.

Sometimes I just want to playfully stroke a rapper like a rabbit.

Next thing you know Palantine got another rapper deceased.

My lyrics can't be tamed, no matter how hard I try.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 12:19 PM
lmao! oh man, ur good u

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Hugh Laurie is one of the finest actors I've seen. His american accent is eerily good. I had no idea he was British until I looked him up.

Haha he was in the live 101 Dalmatians as a henchmen.

Check out Ben Kingsley he is awesome

Db5ptlxx1ZA

Check out some of his flicks

Gandhi
House of sand and fog
Sexy beast
You kill me

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 12:32 PM
facebook is fun maynnggg and its not just flattering pictures, when people tag you in random ass pictures its funny cos you either dont reember the night or u look like total shit in it.

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Mini do you find you have to tape your bingo-wings up when typing to prevent spelling mistakes from the hanging fat?

David Columbine
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
facebook is fun maynnggg and its not just flattering pictures, when people tag you in random ass pictures its funny cos you either dont reember the night or u look like total shit in it.

How about i add you to facebook so i can confirm that you are in fact a female

PM me your real name, thanks

prrra718
12-02-2008, 12:44 PM
How about i add you to facebook so i can confirm that you are in fact a female

PM me your real name, thanks

david 87 is a tru smooth operator....lol....

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Mini do you find you have to tape your bingo-wings up when typing to prevent spelling mistakes from the hanging fat?

are u saying im fat?

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
are u saying im fat?

Im saying your arms look like those things that emerge from the sea in Pirates Of the Carribean part 2.

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 01:15 PM
ya ur prolly right.whateverrrrrrrrr i love food

Art Vandelay
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
mini, i don't care if you have bingo arms. i just want to paint your glasses white

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah but why are you arms so fat compared with the rest of you?

It looks like someones hung you up side down till all the fat went to your arms, then cable-tied them off.

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
OMG ok my arms arent that fat WTF ur mean

Professor Poopsnagle
12-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Shut up fatty cakes. You have Michelinman arms.

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Im not mean.

Its just your arms look like you jusy pumped 12 litres of water into each one.

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 01:25 PM
ok its cos i dont excercise. im sorry. what am i thinking? i should look my best for u,always.

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 01:26 PM
its not for me.

Its just your arms, they look like you could get Cappa's Winter Warz tattoo'd on the flab alone.

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 01:32 PM
http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5656/73598303mi5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

ur wrong it was just tha tone pic i had realy fat arms

Senator C. Palantine
12-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Please tell me that's both your arms?1

minibumpsh
12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
hahah okkk wateverrr

HANZO
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM
ahahahahahaha .. mini we should really put you on some exercise program. need to tone out those arms.

SKAMPOE
12-02-2008, 02:53 PM
mini please dont take these no pussy gettin fags serious, ur arms a perfect for wat u do,

artificially enseminate horses right?

http://www.equinereproduction.com/images/education/mare_manage.jpg