PDA

View Full Version : ACC vs. Big 10 Challenge (NCAA Basketball)

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Yezzur..it's that time of year!!

Wisconsin survived the Hokies last night...the Hokies have had tough luck this year. They lost their second straight on last second shots. Virginia was down like...8...with 58 seconds left, tied it and then Trevon Hughes (From Queens) hit a runner to give Wisconsin the win.. that boy A.D. Vassillo for Virginia Tech got a sweet J though, he was strokin' 3's to get TEch back in it.

Tonight... Ohio State at Miami!! yeah Boy! Time to whoop up on NickyDuck's boys!! I'm still contemplating weather I should go or not..dunno anyone that's really in to college b-ball like me around here.

Other good matches:

Duke at Purdue, Duke is undefeated in the challenge, Purdue is 4-1 alltime vs Duke.

Clemson at Illinois

North Carolina at Michigan St

And my boys FSU at Northwestern later on in the week....

ACC, we taking this shit!!

SCOREBOARD:

ACC - 0
BIG 10 - 1

MF Herbs
12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Man that game was CRAZY last nite.. Im looking forward to the games tonite.. We will see where Duke's heat is.. NC all day..

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 10:42 AM
hahaha...my boy David Lighty is gonna but some of that St. Joe's Cleveland funk on the canes.

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Hahahaha..two words Nicky..Jack McClinton.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 10:46 AM
well, i have no clue who plays for Miami, so this will be my first look

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Same for Ohio State, since they lost Cook and Oden of course.

MF Herbs
12-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Same for Ohio State, since they lost Cook and Oden of course.

LOL!!! Tell me why when they said Ohio state vs Miami I was like " I know somebody used to play for them"

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Yea, guys come and go so quick I'm not sure about everyone on teh roster anymore. Actually tonite will be my first look at some of these freshman.

Mullens, Buford and Crater were the top three i think

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Word

Look out for Jimmy Grahmm, Dwayne Collins and the newcomer McGowan on the Canes also..

..Everyone who knows College Ball should atleast know McClinton I mean he lead the ACC in scoring last year..but yeah I guess college bball falls under the radar alotta times. Especially this early in the year it does.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Miami doesnt get alot of publicity....its always UNC, Duke, Kansas UCLA....theres so many damn teams and players leavin early its hard to keep up.

But actually i kinda remember than McClintock dude....number 32???

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah, 32. And you're right..basketball is NOT a traditional Florida sport that we run in college, unlike Football. Gators have been the best even before the Big 3, and I think FSU made it to the Final Four with the duo of..get this..Charlie Ward and Sam Cassel, LOL, but yeah..Miami (and FSU) always get swamped under the greatness of Duke and UNC. It was great to see Miami beat Duke IN Cameron WHEN they had Williams and Reddick..

MF Herbs
12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Yea, guys come and go so quick I'm not sure about everyone on teh roster anymore. Actually tonite will be my first look at some of these freshman.

Mullens, Buford and Crater were the top three i think

Oh I forgot they got BJ Mullens.. His was beastin at the Elite 24 Hoops Classic in NY.. That game was sick..

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
They had another recurit named Luke Babbitt but he didnt want to travel so he stayed home and i think went to nevada.

FSU's basketball program is better than the football right now. Same with Notre Dame.

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 11:30 AM
FSU is dope too, they got some ill seniors on the team. And yeah, they are better than the football. It's sad really. But like most good traditional football programs you know FSU will eventuall be back. Same as Miami. Anyway back on topic..when FSU had Al Thornton?..damn were them some exciting times..I think they beat Duke too with Reddick, only at home.

MF Herbs
12-02-2008, 11:33 AM
They had another recurit named Luke Babbitt but he didnt want to travel so he stayed home and i think went to nevada.

FSU's basketball program is better than the football right now. Same with Notre Dame.

^^^ can dig it.. I was at espn looking at Mullens season stats.... EHHHH.....
But peep this game lol..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=283340194

^^ If they play like this, Miami is gonna roll on em.. lol..

MF Herbs
12-02-2008, 11:34 AM
FSU is dope too, they got some ill seniors on the team. And yeah, they are better than the football. It's sad really. But like most good traditional football programs you know FSU will eventuall be back. Same as Miami. Anyway back on topic..when FSU had Al Thornton?..damn were them some exciting times..I think they beat Duke too with Reddick, only at home.

Al Thornton is a MONSTA.. LMAO remember the Reddick cam on Senior night, and a freshman build UNC ate em up..

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 11:38 AM
^^^ can dig it.. I was at espn looking at Mullens season stats.... EHHHH.....
But peep this game lol..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=283340194

^^ If they play like this, Miami is gonna roll on em.. lol..

I don't think Ohio State is going to be much better than last year. They may sneak in the tourney. They keep losing to many key players. But they are young, so we will see.

That Oden team was sick, but my favorite was the one with Michael Redd and Scoonie Penn

Dirty Knowledge
12-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah..remember Thornton's nuts in ya face dunk vs that 7 footer on Wisconsin in the ACC Big 10 challenge few years back? Whaaaa

WBBBw3OoFrQ

Think we lost that game tho...Thornton was a badass...he looks good on the Clips too..think he put up like 21 vs the Heat the other night...when he plays and gets big minutes..the Clippers are a better team.

MF Herbs
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
^^^ SICK.. and ya ohio state might pull it off.. Too many cats break out early..

Olive Oil Goombah
12-02-2008, 12:25 PM
college bball suffers from the early entry shit, but i mean you gotta let these guys go.

Dirty Knowledge
12-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah... ACC took that shit this year, 6-5. FSU got whooped by garbage ass Northwestern..LOL. The first 10 minutes watching that game was excruciating it was like 2-0 at ten mins. I watched the Heat game anyway when that was on so that's why they prolly lost.

And Miami's Jack McClinton aka best player in the ACC and probably top 10 pick in the draft next year slapped some bitch nigga on Ohio State and got ejected after only 9 minutes in to the game. McClinton was 4-4 from 3 point with 12 points in that 9 minutes, the Canes were tapping Ohio State's ass, and he was also hitting them WITH HANDS IN HIS FACE. Needless to say, Ohio State won the game and took advnatage of that. Nicky -- I'd be more in to Ohio State basketball if I were you.

Diebler was on fire..6-12 from 3s..without him ya'll lose. Him vs McClinton would've been a good amtchup, too bad all we got to see was McClinton drilling that 3 in Diebler's grill before he got ejected.

Evan Turner..that dude's SICK. He had a crazy 360 dunk. Plays good defense too.

And LOL @ Ohio State has a player named Dallas Lauderdale, ahaha

Art Vandelay
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
the big 10 is to basketball what the big east is to football: poop sandwich

Olive Oil Goombah
12-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah... ACC took that shit this year, 6-5. FSU got whooped by garbage ass Northwestern..LOL. The first 10 minutes watching that game was excruciating it was like 2-0 at ten mins. I watched the Heat game anyway when that was on so that's why they prolly lost.

And Miami's Jack McClinton aka best player in the ACC and probably top 10 pick in the draft next year slapped some bitch nigga on Ohio State and got ejected after only 9 minutes in to the game. McClinton was 4-4 from 3 point with 12 points in that 9 minutes, the Canes were tapping Ohio State's ass, and he was also hitting them WITH HANDS IN HIS FACE. Needless to say, Ohio State won the game and took advnatage of that. Nicky -- I'd be more in to Ohio State basketball if I were you.

Diebler was on fire..6-12 from 3s..without him ya'll lose. Him vs McClinton would've been a good amtchup, too bad all we got to see was McClinton drilling that 3 in Diebler's grill before he got ejected.

Evan Turner..that dude's SICK. He had a crazy 360 dunk. Plays good defense too.

And LOL @ Ohio State has a player named Dallas Lauderdale, ahaha

Wow...i stopped watchin after the 1st half cuz i was bored. They came back huh? Bout time Diebler started hittin his shots.

Yea Turner is solid.

Wish i woulda stayed interested.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM

nah....Big 10 always have teams gettin to the final four. What it lacks is a consistent team always there. Its always different ones.

No conference is as rugged and physical as the Big Ten tho. Not exciting to watch.

hectis
12-04-2008, 07:13 PM
ACC>Big ten

Olive Oil Goombah
12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
no shit

Art Vandelay
12-04-2008, 08:47 PM
big east is definitely more physical, tooch.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-04-2008, 08:57 PM
eh....certain years maybe.

is karl krauser still playing for pitt...he was there forever.

11th Chamber
12-04-2008, 09:12 PM
that Mich State/ NC game from last nite was hard to watch

Fuck we got shitted on.

I mean its ok to lose to North Carolina, but not by 30+ points. Thats supposed to happen to the shit teams no one knows anything about

And im getting sick of State always hosting the best team in the nation when they do their games at Ford Field

Had it been a Saturday, than that whole place would have been filled up, and have to sit threw that bullshit

Thank god I didnt take the trip down like I planned to do

what, this year?? Yea...

As a whole, that comment holds no weight whatsoever

Every year Big 10 has like 6 teams in the tourney.

Mich State from 2000

Illinois from a few years ago

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Indiana

all great squads the last few years

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 05:31 PM
eh....certain years maybe.

is karl krauser still playing for pitt...he was there forever.

he was supposed to come to our tailgate at the pitt-wvu game. he never made it.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
yea well he was a typical NY point guard. Couldnt make a shot to save his life.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Michigan knocks off Duke...ACC lookin like some punks this year. UNC is hoggin all the glory.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Yo Mr. Visions....i kno your upset about getting shafted out of the big game. I would be too.

But it is about to be on at the Fiesta Bowl

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0609/gallery.ohiostvstexas/images/016026732.jpg

Dirty Knowledge
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Michigan knocks off Duke...ACC lookin like some punks this year. UNC is hoggin all the glory.

Yeah I wasn't surprised at that because Duke isn't that good. They're ALWAYS overatted no matter what. UNC is the real deal, trust. I'm sure you know that. Tyler Hansboro is thee most dominant in all of college, especially now that those guys like Hibert and Love dipped.

I bet money that either FSU or Miami get wins versus Duke this year, and probably at Cameron. FSU knocked off Florida who is ranked 22 or 23. (Lil payback for getting owned in football...FSU has won the past 3 versus Florida in b-ball.). Miami got a big win IN Kentucky...first ever I believe...that's big for a young team like Miami who's never been shit in BBALL to get a win at Rupp Arena.