PDA

View Full Version : Sean Avery suspended indefinitely by NHL for calling Elisha Cuthbert "sloppy seconds"

Art Vandelay
12-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:12 pm EST
Avery makes 'sloppy seconds' crack in Calgary, faces suspension (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Avery-makes-sloppy-seconds-crack-in-Calgary-f?urn=nhl,126282)

By Greg Wyshynski

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__16/ept_sports_nhl_experts-170194362-1228252259.jpg?ymjhzaADas8GDxZxAs the Dallas Stars visit the Calgar Flames tonight, the Canadian media had been hoping and praying for some sort of nasty fallout from Sea Avery's comments to ESPN about Jarome Iginla being a player "no one cares about."Well, Iginla didn't exactly play along in creating a feud. But leave it to Avery to chum the water for the media in a rather hilarious way this afternoon with this statement:
"Uh, I'm really happy to be back in Calgary. I love Canada.
"And I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about.
"Enjoy the game tonight."
The Calgary Herald offers its interpretation:
The jab, of course, is directed at Calgary Flames defenceman Dion Phaneuf, who is dating Avery's ex-girlfriend, Elisha Cuthbert. The actress, reportedly, also dated Mike Komisarek of the Montreal Canadiens.
The 25-second clip - in its entirety; he refused to answer questions - got a rise out of some of his younger teammates. "He said what?" shrieked one. Many of them cackled, in fact.
Well, this should be an interesting one tonight, seeing as how the honor of Phuthbert is now at stake. That Sean Avery ... whatever will he say next?
Update: Puck Daddy has learned via email from the NHL that Avery is suspended indefinitely:
NEW YORK (December 2, 2008) -- Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery has been suspended indefinitely, pending a hearing with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, in accordance with the provisions of NHL By-Law 17 and Article 6 of the NHL Constitution for conduct "detrimental to the League or game of hockey," the National Hockey League announced today. The suspension was imposed following inappropriate public comments, not pertaining to the game, made by Avery earlier today.
"Inappropriate public comments?" What could that possibly be in reference to?

GZAjector
12-02-2008, 10:19 PM
lol

i hate the stars, but avery is a beast, and this shit cracks me up. good for him, hahaha.
i can't believe it's an indefinite suspension though, wow. you can fight on the ice, but you can't talk shit off it? just seems gay is all.

and it's obvious elisha cuthbert is a hockey whore, but now she's fucking the commissioner? holy smokes.

i'd take them sloppy seconds.

here is his comments...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1L3f4q2r7o

LOL

edit: nevermind, i was thinking of eliza dushku.

i mean, i would still hit that, but she's nowhere near as fly as eliza IMO.

baby jesus
12-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Yeah I Really Dont Know Why He Was Suspeneded For This It's Obvious The League Has It Out For Him. Big Deal He Metioned A Couple Of Dudes Have His Sloppy Seconds Big Fuckin Deal. You Gotta Love Avery He Was My Fav Ranger Kinda Mad They Got Rid Of Him.

Art Vandelay
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
avery is a complete douche, but this was actually funny. i can't believe they suspended him.

food for thought
12-03-2008, 11:06 PM
lmao

BRONZBODY
12-22-2008, 01:02 AM
sum ol bullshit....so she a whore....he stated the obvious.

THE W
12-24-2008, 01:06 PM
suspended for a flippant comment like that???

what is this, kindergarten?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
This is fucking ridiculous. Suspension?

He was paying her a compliment.

I do find it funny though that NHL suspend players for making a joke, when you can hit someone around the head with your stick no homo and no one gives a crap.

Art Vandelay
12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
well, in the meantime, dallas cut him. he is now going through therapy for this and he doesn't have a job...lol

Olive Oil Goombah
12-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Political correctness at its worst.

Hockey loves to fuck itself in the ass for some reason.

Anubis5
12-27-2008, 11:54 AM
I remember watching Avery play at OHL games I went to when I was younger. Dude is by far the most entertaining player on and off the ice right now. Anyone see him in the playoffs last year when he was a Ranger? How he'd block Brodeur by waving his stick in front of his face? Pure genius.

Art Vandelay
12-27-2008, 12:27 PM
avery is a douche. he complained when they made the rule that you couldn't do that anymore. what a cocksucker. my favorite play of his is when he ruptured his spleen and almost died