PDA

View Full Version : Man trips over purse with 2 beers and falls from upper deck in Ottawa

Art Vandelay
12-04-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope this wasn't V4D3R

Man falls from upper deck in Ottawa

20 hours ago
OTTAWA (AP) A 21-year-old man was taken to hospital after he fell about 25 feet from the upper deck of Scotiabank Place during the second intermission of the Ottawa Senators' victory over the Atlanta Thrashers on Wednesday night.
According to witnesses, the man sailed headfirst past and over a few stunned onlookers in the rows ahead of his seat before clearing the low railing at the bottom of the third level and falling onto a row of seats in the level immediately below.
Senators president and CEO Roy Mlakar said the man was carrying two beers when he stumbled over a purse.
"He was not inebriated," said Mlakar, who confirmed that the man had been treated on the scene for lacerations and that he was taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure.
"He seems fine, he's totally cognizant. He recognizes that there's nothing serious."
He added that two other people the man landed on in the section below also were treated at the scene, and that a third person, a 33-year-old woman, sustained a non-critical neck injury and also was taken to a hospital for precautionary reasons.
Mlakar said it was the first such accident in the 13-year-old arena's history.

food for thought
12-04-2008, 08:02 PM
hahahah

drippie k
12-04-2008, 09:15 PM
hahaha that sucks

Prolifical ENG
12-04-2008, 09:19 PM
senators suck ass. they suck because they are playing the leafs less. thats 10 less wins this season for them. im glad the new schedule is back...im sick of seeing ottawa and buffalo play.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 12:19 AM
i think your city should lose their franchise if your fans can't even make a simple trip to and from the concession stand with a couple of beers without falling over a balcony.

Blackula Spectacula
12-05-2008, 12:30 AM
i have a huge fear of heights and i went to one of those games before ... the stairs are pretty steep .. I hate being there unless its for a concert. Cen's suck.

and V4d3r's like 40 .. not 21

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 12:32 AM
who are you a fan of, blackula?

Blackula Spectacula
12-05-2008, 12:51 AM
I don't really like hockey.

Mr. X
12-05-2008, 12:55 AM
You are no longer Canadian to me!

;_;

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 12:57 AM

;_;

she might not be canadian anymore, but she's still black.

Blackula Spectacula
12-05-2008, 12:58 AM

;_;

Sorry .. i was never into it. I like Soccer better.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 12:59 AM
soccer??

its so boring

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 01:01 AM

whitey
12-05-2008, 01:07 AM

i like.

soccer??

its so boring

hah dude be serious. soccer is a game that stops once in 90 minutes. unlike gay american sports that stop 24546346 times a game.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 01:09 AM
thank god it doesn't stop. i can't imagine that boring fucking game lasting any fucking longer than 90 minutes.

whitey
12-05-2008, 01:13 AM
shut your mouth art. thats the gay ass joke you can make watching your high school team or some shit play.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 01:33 AM
thank god it doesn't stop. i can't imagine that boring fucking game lasting any fucking longer than 90 minutes.

they might still be technically playing, but nobody is doing anything. You can't tell me that a soccer game is more exciting than basketball football or baseball.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 01:42 AM
as long as it's not an all ohio football game (bengals vs browns)

Koolish
12-05-2008, 02:58 AM
i'm canadian and i hate hockey, i used to play it as a kid, but was never that into it. sucked too. only sports i can watch are basketball/boxing/MMA. baseball is the slowest thing in the universe. its good if you're at the stadium drunk.

The Hound
12-05-2008, 03:29 AM
soccer??

its so boring

you really have no right to call yourself eyetalian

Blackula Spectacula
12-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Soccers not boring .. baseball and golf is boring.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 09:12 AM
you really have no right to call yourself eyetalian

its really more of a American vs. the rest of the world thing.

9/10 americans will tell you that soccer is boring.

Durag
12-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Respect Black!

Its funny how soccer is the biggest sport in the whole world, its massive in Europe, Asia, Afria, South America etc but yet North America hasnt taken to it at all. Its a game of skill and integrity and Americans have low attention spans thats why American Football has like 4 breaks and its all advertisments and glamour rather then being just about the sport like soccer is.

You should watch gaa, its an irish sport thats massive here and its exciting throughout a game, but i fuckin hate it, mainly coz all the people who follow it are ignorant rednecks who still think soccer is a foreign sport and look down on people who follow it. I fuckin hate them.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 09:27 AM
why do euros and everyone else get so defensive about Americans not liking soccer??

So we don't like it, who cares??

Maybe it is a great sport, i dunno, cuz i don't like watching it. I've played it and its fun to play, but not watch.
I love playing golf, but rarely watch golf.

American football is a great game. Pro football is good, but you see, to a non American, you don't realize the true greatness of College Football.

College Football is much more entertaining than pro.

Durag
12-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Yea i heard college football is exciting, i never experienced it so i guess i dont get american football properly. But it is completly over the top, its more entertainment than a sport.

And i dont really care if people dont like it, i just dont like people saying its a shit sport. The only time the whole country comes together and puts our differences aside is when Ireland play in the world cup, and its an experience like no other. I love watching the premership every week going to the pub and shit, but sitting down with friends and family watching Ireland beat Italy in the 1994 world cup is one of the greatest memories ever. Everyone partied for hours.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 09:58 AM
well its not all entertainment. YOu gotta have alot of talent to be a pro.

And college footballs rivalries are like that too.....y do u think i had those Ohio State girls with fuck michigan on there bodies up?? it was rivalry week...and yes Ohio State smoked Michigan 42-7 making it 5 in a row.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0611/gallery.cfb.michohiost/images/016410647.jpg

Highlights from 'The Game' in 2006. #1 vs #2
ocauKhKqrCI&hl

Prolifical ENG
12-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Where Im from it's not a professional sport unless our city's team is competing with the american cities.

for collage games...they suck here....if i lived in the midwest id probably be really into that NCAA shit.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 12:08 PM
tooch is right about college football. 10 times better than the nfl

collge basketall 100 times better than the nba.

hectis
12-05-2008, 12:19 PM
is there a video?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 12:53 PM

Agree with your statement bout the NFL. I mean i watch pro football all day on sundays, but the only reason i watch monday night football or sunday night is for fantasy football purposes.

But on the NBA thing....eh, i can't agree with that, but my city has a team and its got LeBron James on it, so that makes a difference.

College ball is more exciting tho if we are talking about march Madness, which could be the greatest playoff tourney in all of sports.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 01:34 PM
College ball is more exciting tho if we are talking about march Madness, which could be the greatest playoff tourney in all of sports.

stanley cup playoffs is a close second.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Hockey was cool before they started moving teams from Canada to southern states.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
yeah, hockey should contract. they need to take franchises away from tampa, florida, atlanta, nashville, carolina and phoenix. then move the stars further up north i guess.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 03:28 PM
they should just move em back...Calgary Flames, Quebec Nordiques, Edmonton Oilers,Hartford Whalers....Minnesota North Stars

Those are the teams i remember when i thought hockey was unique. They tried to commercialize it and almost completely fucked themselves cuz of it.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 03:31 PM
umm. the calgary flames and edmenton oilers never left. winnipeg jets did, though.

my question is, do you move the new jersey devils back to colorado or kansas city?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 03:37 PM
yea, winnipeg...the flames moved to Atlanta i thought???

i dont kno all the history, but just keep the canadian and northeast teams were they are at cuz thsoe places watch hockey...most everywhere else doesnt care.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 03:44 PM
no the flames moved from atlanta to calgary in the early 80s... now atlanta has the thrashers.

and since minnesota has a team again (the Wild), do you move the stars to cleveland? the dallas stars are the former minnesota north stars. and the cleveland barons merged with them in the 80s. and if you had the north stars, would you sign meko the pharoah, christbearer and d the dragon?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
hahah...uh...the only cleveland baron i kno of is jacques Callendar, cuz they got his jersey retired.
Now we got some lake erie monsters shit...i dunno, i've been to more arena league football games in one year, than i've been to hockey games. 2 to 1. Back when they were teh Lumberjacks.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 03:54 PM
hahah...uh...the only cleveland baron i kno of is jacques Callendar, cuz they got his jersey retired.
Now we got some lake erie monsters shit...i dunno, i've been to more arena league football games in one year, than i've been to hockey games. 2 to 1. Back when they were teh Lumberjacks.

the barons you are talking about used to be the muskegon lumberjacks. they were the penguins minor league team. then they became the cleveland lumberjacks. then when the pens stopped affiliating with them, they changed their name to the cleveland barons.

jock calendar won a stanley cup with the pens in 92

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I remember that old Pens team....Jagr, Stevens, Lemeuix...

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
yeah lots of great players on those 2 stanley cup teams.

lemieux, trottier, mullen, coffey, francis and murphy are hall of famers

jagr, recchi and barrasso will be one day. possibly rick tochet

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Teemu Selanne was a cool name

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
jyrki lumme is my favorite hockey name

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
Michael Handzous

Dejardennes

Ray Borque

Al Iafrate

Andrachuck

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
per djoos (not a typo)

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 04:34 PM
wow....damn there was this one dude with kinda a long ass name...i think he was a defenseman...FUCK..what was it...come on name some off...i wanna say he was a Red Wing or a Bruin,

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
beukeboom played for the rangers

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 04:40 PM
no not beukaboom...

It was russian or french and his first name might have been nicolas...it might have been the rangers

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
nikolai khabebulin is one...but thats not what i was thinking.

Art Vandelay
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
vladamir konstantinov...he is the guy that was in the car accident after the wings won the cup and is now a drooling retard.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
no, but i remember him. he was a check master....

thats not it..it was a multi-syllabolic name and he played in the early to mid 90s.

KERZO
12-07-2008, 06:35 AM
hockey?!?smblah?!?...i thought this was an american football event,lol

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
12-07-2008, 11:39 AM

NO way in hell college football is better than the NFL.

I agree about college basketball being better than the NBA.

I also agree that soccer is boring to watch. I can see people having fun playing it, but it just isn't fun for me to watch.

That is all.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-07-2008, 12:36 PM
maybe its cuz you root for UConn.