PDA

View Full Version : *New Topic : Nutrition, Health and Mental Energy

Prince Rai
12-05-2008, 02:27 PM
There is a thread here that was talking about "work out" etc, and although the thread starter did not direct it towards KTL at all, the topic can be tuned to an intellectual platform for people to build on.

I will again keep things brief, so don't quote me for being too rash.

Allow me to quote two posts that addresses this topic:

What does working out do for you:

Well, it hones my ability to focus and maintain a degree of discipline. When we look at the world, we are always tempted by things which overshadows our abilities to focus and maintain discipline. Thereby we lose control of our physical strength and energy.

I believe that by being able to balance our physical body, we can elevate the surrounding where our soul and mind can truly expand its horizons.

Discipline and focus are just a few vital attributes that comes from working out, which in hindsight allows your soul and mind conquer your everyday lives.

Thereby we may stay in control of our own selves.

And a response to this was...

Like how the Shaolin monks train both physically and mentally. Outer strength is more powerful when the inner is in tune. Kinda like beauty, inner beauty makes the outer beauty shine more bright

I will just add that nutrition is vital for a healthy body as well. What foods do you think is right for us?

Please feel free to add on and build positively..

THE MASON
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Personally i think you do need to train mentally and physically but nurtionally it varies from person to person

i find my metabolism to be very high, so i can have a larger intake of calories and still not make much of an advancement in physical improvement. This also equates to body types, personally im not a bulky person but i dont consider my self to be weak.

but i agree nutrition is a important factor to watch, important things to eat are foods with antioxdants(blueberries and such), as well as natural sugars and fibres from fruits and veggies, some things can combine different advantages like almonds have good protein count plus high in antioxidants

i just heard this line from DOOM lol

"i suggest you change you diet, it could lead to high blood pressure if you fry it"

Prince Rai
12-06-2008, 09:29 AM
yeh, that's the thing.

health is all about individuality but as you mentioned there are common grounds to keep mental and physical health at bay.

nutrition always depends on how your body works. essentially it is important to keep the fruits and vegetable intake up, and I swear on green tea. green tea is great for detoxification of the body. and i also swear by flaxseed oil. good protein, and fatty acids.

the sodas and sweets are the killers and the sat fats. hate them but hard to resist them at times.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-06-2008, 10:25 AM
LOL....this is funny. A buddy of mine went to Wendy's last night, and called me up, askin if i wanted anything.
Lately i been tryin to tune down the fast food....i dont eat a ton of it, but when i do, i wanna cut it down.
Anyway i was like, get me a jr. bacon cheeseburger. THats it.

He comes by and he's got a Baconater and he's tellin me, the girl said she was hookin it up when she was making it.
I really did NOT want a Baconater...i've had em before, and they are DEE licious, but they are SO freaking bad for you.
But i wound up eating it....so now, im punishing myself...no cheeseburgers for two weeks.

I have a hard time resisting sweets tho. Its my toughest battle.

Prince Rai
12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
thats the thing. discipline is definitely hard, especially when somebody brings the stuff infront of you. what do you do? all these cliches come in your head where you try and convince yourself that you have to eat it thinking "what about the children in africa" etc, so u end up eating it.

i love fries, but they are carb hell and sat fats hell but what i usually do is tend to allow myself half portions of things. thereby you reduce total calories etc by half.

we cant deny it all, the word is moderation.

peace

prrra718
12-06-2008, 11:34 AM
"i find my metabolism to be very high, so i can have a larger intake of calories and still not make much of an advancement in physical improvement. "

im confused by this statement? why can you not be fit if you have a high metabolism?...

prrra718
12-06-2008, 11:59 AM
what abworkouts do u do?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-06-2008, 12:29 PM
thats the thing. discipline is definitely hard, especially when somebody brings the stuff infront of you. what do you do? all these cliches come in your head where you try and convince yourself that you have to eat it thinking "what about the children in africa" etc, so u end up eating it.

i love fries, but they are carb hell and sat fats hell but what i usually do is tend to allow myself half portions of things. thereby you reduce total calories etc by half.

we cant deny it all, the word is moderation.

peace

yea, thats the thing....a jr. bacon cheeseburger is reasonable. Its not huge, its got tomato and lettuce on there.
The baconater is two patties, and like 8 strips of bacon with globs of mayo and ketcup...ugh...

Im gonna drink green tea all day to make up for it. hahah

THE MASON
12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
"i find my metabolism to be very high, so i can have a larger intake of calories and still not make much of an advancement in physical improvement. "

im confused by this statement? why can you not be fit if you have a high metabolism?...

it more just visual i guess

i can see how it would be confusing, i find that it acts so fast that, after a workout i have to eat incredible amounts to replenish what i burned, and most of the time, i dont get enough intake.

I really should start to focus more on the level of calories and shit

Civilison
12-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Peace everybody lemme contribute a short essay of mine i wrote some years ago. some cosmic biology health science stuff nahmean hahaa PZ

I ask the question: what does healing self or being healthy imply or mean? How do you all understand and interpret this phrase? Is health characterized by your current and temporary absence of physical pain and related symptoms and the presence of temporary and physical well being? Is health defined by the formal descriptions and definition of conventional allopathy (medicine)? Is there a consensus with we all can be in agreement with. Or, is health a disorganized concept?

It looks like we are all deceived as to the notion of health. Through various medical authoritative bodies, we are literally engulfed by and swimming in oceans of opinions and speculations that we sometimes associate with in an attempt to identify the true nature of health. Some of these concepts are economically driven (in my opinion) and thus must be contemplated.

To me, health is the proper attunement with our biorhythmic clocks (so called circadian) and most importantly subtler bioenergetic “bodies”. It is also the attunement with our biochemical and physiologic compositions and needs. Nutrition, thus, would not be only measured in caloric or biologic values, but in bio-energetic as well. We are energetic beings. The atoms, and the sub-atomic particles contained therein, comprising our tissue are but energetic vibrations, packets of light. Man lives on light/energy. It is called “cellular respiration”. The energy that plants harness from the soil and the sun, our cells extract and use as physical fuel. We must also keep it mind that these atoms comprising our bodies would not function if there were not governed and by the Divine Consciousness that operates in and through them. This Divine Consciousness is the same Consciousness that makes the earth spin and the galaxies to form. To be healthy, thereby, would to mean to familiarize self with this Divine, “inner” Being and its modalities and comply with Its requirements. Negating this fact it to negate the very Consciousness that operates in Man. This results misbalance and illness. Illness is the negligence of our body and its proper needs. It is Cause and Effect, chance, when in comes to health and illness, is merely unrecognized law. Illness is the re-manifestation of our acts that induce and exhort misbalance. To live in health is to live by the laws that make up Man's Body, Mind and Spirit.

Prince Rai
12-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Peace everybody lemme contribute a short essay of mine i wrote some years ago. some cosmic biology health science stuff nahmean hahaa PZ

I ask the question: what does healing self or being healthy imply or mean? How do you all understand and interpret this phrase? Is health characterized by your current and temporary absence of physical pain and related symptoms and the presence of temporary and physical well being? Is health defined by the formal descriptions and definition of conventional allopathy (medicine)? Is there a consensus with we all can be in agreement with. Or, is health a disorganized concept?

It looks like we are all deceived as to the notion of health. Through various medical authoritative bodies, we are literally engulfed by and swimming in oceans of opinions and speculations that we sometimes associate with in an attempt to identify the true nature of health. Some of these concepts are economically driven (in my opinion) and thus must be contemplated.

To me, health is the proper attunement with our biorhythmic clocks (so called circadian) and most importantly subtler bioenergetic “bodies”. It is also the attunement with our biochemical and physiologic compositions and needs. Nutrition, thus, would not be only measured in caloric or biologic values, but in bio-energetic as well. We are energetic beings. The atoms, and the sub-atomic particles contained therein, comprising our tissue are but energetic vibrations, packets of light. Man lives on light/energy. It is called “cellular respiration”. The energy that plants harness from the soil and the sun, our cells extract and use as physical fuel. We must also keep it mind that these atoms comprising our bodies would not function if there were not governed and by the Divine Consciousness that operates in and through them. This Divine Consciousness is the same Consciousness that makes the earth spin and the galaxies to form. To be healthy, thereby, would to mean to familiarize self with this Divine, “inner” Being and its modalities and comply with Its requirements. Negating this fact it to negate the very Consciousness that operates in Man. This results misbalance and illness. Illness is the negligence of our body and its proper needs. It is Cause and Effect, chance, when in comes to health and illness, is merely unrecognized law. Illness is the re-manifestation of our acts that induce and exhort misbalance. To live in health is to live by the laws that make up Man's Body, Mind and Spirit.

wow, this is great. do you have more written up that you could send me and contribute here?? +1

Civilison
12-07-2008, 02:42 AM
wow, this is great. do you have more written up that you could send me and contribute here?? +1peace rai i would have to look into it, for now on some freestyle tip, i've got more information for yall in term of bio-energy of foods and nutrients.

like i was building in my article above our cells rely on bio-energy meaning ready to burst nutrients full of energy in the form carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals and anti-oxidants and other elements that strengthen our system.

kirlian photography is a photographic science that deals with capturing the electric fields of photographed objects. since we're discussing the topic of nutrition i thought i'd contribute with this idea. check out these following pictures and study how they compare in terms of the electric aura they produce in kirlian photography.

http://www.kirlian.com/images/frenchfries.jpg
this is a pic of a McDonald's french fry (http://www.kirlian.com/currentkirlian.htm)

http://www.kirlian.com/images/newpotato.jpg
this is a kirlian picture of an organically grown potato. notice the difference in energy emission?

http://www.kirlian.com/images/organicorangejuice.jpg
this is an image of a sample of organic orange juice

http://www.kirlian.com/images/floridasfinest.jpg
this is just regular OJ

http://www.kirlian.com/images/pyramidstones.jpg
and apparently this is a kirlian pic of a stone from the kings chamber from the pyramids of giza

so you can see the difference demonstrated in the pics above. nutritional quality matters like that whether you're buying oranges or supplements always consider its bio-energetic value/quality.
PEACE

Prince Rai
12-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Civilison,

that was one of the most profound posts, for me anyway, for the year.

This is really interesting and a topic I never went as in depth as you obviously have.

Many thanks, im off to study this.

Peace

Koolish
12-07-2008, 12:12 PM
working out relieves too much stress, and keeps you busy... idle hands you know.

dezmond
12-07-2008, 01:03 PM
No Swine..

It gives you cancer..

Cee Oh Vee
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
^ Food doesn't have the power to give you cancer.

Prince Rai
12-07-2008, 01:43 PM
^ Food doesn't have the power to give you cancer.

but can almost certainly be a contributor.

WARPATH
12-08-2008, 12:21 PM
As long as it makes a turd. That's what my grandfather always said. But we didn't have a lot of food growing up, so there was no way we could be picky eaters.

The more we take away from nature, the worse it gets for you.

Example- Pop is bad for you. All that processed sugar is bad. Makes your pancreas work double time.

Diet pop is ever worse. now you got some fake ass sugar in your body, and your body is like "what the hell do I do with this?"

All the artificial shit they add to food will mess you up.