PDA

View Full Version : Is the Salvation Army like a religious cult?

check two
12-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I read a new story about how a Salvation Army Captain is going to be fired because he is going to marry a woman that isn't a Salvation Army worker? The rules state that you have to marry another Salvation Army Captain, or you will be fired. What kind of weird crap is that? lol

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story/Oshkosh-Salvation-Army-Cpt-To-Lose-Job-Over/gMr6-eY_zE2jLyhTnTB6fg.cspx

Prolifical ENG
12-07-2008, 02:25 PM
i thought working for the SA is an option for juvenile delinquents to volunteer for community service

check two
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but it's more than just volunterring to help less fortunate people. It's church related.

Prolifical ENG
12-07-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah, sound like a cult. i was going to drop my garbage bag of clothes i dont want in their drop box but i think now ill burn them

hectis
12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
it is a church based around the protestant belief. they have people everywhere right now ringing bells . I cant knock them since they do it for a good reason

Dokuro
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
there evil i cant say why .....they have eye every were

SKAMPOE
12-08-2008, 12:43 AM
I read a new story about how a Salvation Army Captain is going to be fired because he is going to marry a woman that isn't a Salvation Army worker? The rules state that you have to marry another Salvation Army Captain, or you will be fired. What kind of weird crap is that? lol

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story/Oshkosh-Salvation-Army-Cpt-To-Lose-Job-Over/gMr6-eY_zE2jLyhTnTB6fg.cspx

AHHAHAHA OH GOD NO..

SALVATION ARMY IS A CHARRITY ORG, MADE BY BROKE ASS SUCKAS FOR BROKE ASS SUCKAS, THERES ALWAYS ONE BRANCH OPENING AND ONE CLOSING, ITS LIKE A FRANCHISE... ALL BULLSHIT TOO!

WARPATH
12-08-2008, 11:06 AM
AHHAHAHA OH GOD NO..

SALVATION ARMY IS A CHARRITY ORG, MADE BY BROKE ASS SUCKAS FOR BROKE ASS SUCKAS, THERES ALWAYS ONE BRANCH OPENING AND ONE CLOSING, ITS LIKE A FRANCHISE... ALL BULLSHIT TOO!

Skampoe's got about the best explantion I think.

I grew up rocking savation army gear. And looked good doing it. My mom's used to send me to school in a turqoise ladies blouse for the salvation army in the 2nd grade. True story.

check two
12-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I'm just saying that it seems pretty messed up that if you work for the Salvation Army, that you have to marry a person that also works for the Salvation Army.

Prolifical ENG
12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Its the only way to keep the SA prosperous without relying too heavily on delinquents doing community service. They marry and have a kid and with proper guidance from both parents, will be an SA captain. Otherwise their kids will run off and go to school and become doctors.

ALCATRAZ
12-09-2008, 12:55 AM
My mom's used to send me to school in a turqoise ladies blouse for the salvation army in the 2nd grade. True story.

God damn someone needs to rep this man off tha strength of tha blouse alone lol

Koolish
12-09-2008, 02:27 AM
most charity's pay their volunteers too much, most of the big ones just pay the minimum that the victims/whoever needs.

check two
12-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Yeah, apparently the Salvation Army Captain's get housing and a car provided also, to go along with their wages.

WARPATH
12-09-2008, 12:02 PM
God damn someone needs to rep this man off tha strength of tha blouse alone lol

I could rock it and play it off but that nothing compared to wearing handed down 3 little pigs underwear from the church rummage bin. I had 3 pairs clothes and wore the same thing twice a week.