PDA

View Full Version : Bulk up eating plan

oldie
12-07-2008, 07:25 PM
anyone know any good eating plans to gain weight (fast)???

or know any good websites to get help in gaining weight

im 21yr old male, about 5ft6 and weight about 8 stone 5 (54kg/119lbs)

im below average weight for my age & height and have been all my life, im propa sick of it but i just cant seem to gain weight.

i lift free weights at home on and off, i'll get into doing sit ups and press ups and long bar curls for a period of months, getting a bit stronger and toned but not bigger so then i'll just give up for a few months and then get tired of not tryna do anything about my size and start with the press ups etc again so its kind of a vicous circle.

HANZO
12-07-2008, 07:29 PM
well your body type jus isnt appropiate to gain weight. i jus suggest eating more meals a day. eat then take naps. wake up at 3am in the morning eat then go back to sleep.

other than that. STEROIDS, nah for real.

Professor Poopsnagle
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Eat pastas and other high carb food and combine it with protein rich food.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I can't put weight on at all...tried before but it just doesn't happen.

Art Vandelay
12-07-2008, 07:58 PM
why do you need to gain weight so fast? who is going to kick your ass?

skampoe would probably be best at answering your questions.

(yeah, that's right, i made a comment about somebody's physical appearance and i never posted my photo so fuck you)

HANZO
12-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I can't put weight on at all...tried before but it just doesn't happen.

its all about body type. some ppl jus dnt have the build to be able to gain weight, or muscle to a high level.

for others its easier to get fat, and harder to lose weight. but they are able to gain muscle mass easier.

jus the way it is.

Tony Bandana
12-07-2008, 08:09 PM
go hang out with Skampoo @ the all you can eat for one weekend ...ez 35- 40 pd gain at the least ONGH

close that joint down man

:D

Guarded By Martyrs
12-07-2008, 08:18 PM
its all about body type. some ppl jus dnt have the build to be able to gain weight, or muscle to a high level.

for others its easier to get fat, and harder to lose weight. but they are able to gain muscle mass easier.

jus the way it is.

Yeah I've been told I shouldn't complain.

And I'd rather have it this way if I had the choice...which it seems I don't.

Thanks HAN

drippie k
12-07-2008, 08:19 PM
i got the same problem man, i've always been skinny n no matter what i eat or how much i eat, i'm always gonna be thin

Marlo Stanfield
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
word im about 5'11 145 lbs and ive been eating potatoes and pasta maaaaad now that i live alone. havent been really working out other than some pushups and basketball and shit but, word, never could gain weight.

minibumpsh
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
like iove said, eat a lot of protein and carbs...but keep it healthy. as you should know, muscle weighs more than fat. so continue to work out and excercise, just eat more.

TSA
12-07-2008, 08:33 PM
bulk up advice from a 90 pound girl? the irony alone

Tony Bandana
12-07-2008, 08:42 PM

ONGHH

hahahaha

its almost like asking Gary Busey how to drink bottled water all night at Club Laboom in Cancoon Mexico

hectis
12-07-2008, 08:44 PM
i got the same problem man, i've always been skinny n no matter what i eat or how much i eat, i'm always gonna be thin

me too

Prolifical ENG
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
i lift free weights at home on and off, i'll get into doing sit ups and press ups and long bar curls for a period of months, getting a bit stronger and toned but not bigger

theres your problem right there.

you can have a diet all you want but with that routine you wont get bigger. yeah increase your protein and all that shit but, you need to increase your free weight and do less reps...just pure power. you cant workout longer than 40 minutes-1hour though unless you have an energy suppliment in between...but overall just dont overdo it.

sdeblasi
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Give Rae a call

JerseyIronman
12-07-2008, 08:55 PM
just go to the gym and lift free weights, as much dumb bells as possible. You dont even have to go that often just 3 or 4 times a week for like 1/2 an hour and keep rotating the muscle group.

Then just eat alot of food. If you want you can get 1 of these things

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/abcsupplements_2011_6034610

will probably speed things up. But just eating well and doing freeweights should get the job done.

Tony Bandana
12-07-2008, 08:57 PM
i can never understand how someone cant put on weight. im 6'3" 225pds. I can toss around 275pds bench press for 10 like a salad at the olive garden. ONGH

you gotta buy all that bulk gainer/shake shit i guess. yeah less reps i guess low cardio . Eat 5 meals a day

lotta carbs . take a legit expenive creatine.. drink it before and after workouts, theres some stuff around here called Creatine Shotgun everyone is raving about ? .http://www.sports-supplements.co.uk/data/VPX/NO-Shotgun.php . shit works great apparently

wont kill you trust me , your gonna have to spend money on all the shit..dextrose is important after workouts for some reason i forget why?. hits the muscles fast with carbs after a workout.

i drink the whey protien ..you need gainer theres a difference.

prrra718
12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
you're 21....you got a high metabolism...just be healthy...in a couple years you'll be able to put the weight on....but youre blessed fucking having weight just get cut up

Olive Oil Goombah
12-07-2008, 09:44 PM
u want to put on weight???

Eat a huge breakfast everyday...bacon, sausage, eggs, toast, all that shit. Eat 3 big meals a day, mainly breakfast tho...

http://deputydog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/deniro.jpg

Dokuro
12-07-2008, 09:51 PM
eat alot of game food bear deer ect.. maintan a good diet of dairy look what ever you do dont eat pork or insects(shellfish)

Olive Oil Goombah
12-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Eat Hanky Pankies for every meal.

If you have never had a hanky panky, you haven't eatin tasty food.

http://troublewithtoast.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/hanky-panky-2.jpg

minibumpsh
12-07-2008, 10:44 PM

AY! i like to stay thin by eating healthy and excercinssgggggg haaa not raelly lmao

Art Vandelay
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
i can never understand how someone cant put on weight. im 6'3" 225pds. I can toss around 275pds bench press for 10 like a salad at the olive garden. ONGH

you gotta buy all that bulk gainer/shake shit i guess. yeah less reps i guess low cardio . Eat 5 meals a day

lotta carbs . take a legit expenive creatine.. drink it before and after workouts, theres some stuff around here called Creatine Shotgun everyone is raving about ? .http://www.sports-supplements.co.uk/data/VPX/NO-Shotgun.php . shit works great apparently

wont kill you trust me , your gonna have to spend money on all the shit..dextrose is important after workouts for some reason i forget why?. hits the muscles fast with carbs after a workout.

i drink the whey protien ..you need gainer theres a difference.

what's your bench look like?

250 pieces?

yeah 250 piec...huh what? no, pounds baby pounds

tajeco
12-08-2008, 01:07 AM
I went from 160lbs to 190lbs in 3 months. I ate a lot of pasta and cheese and took Tech-X Mass from the Vitamin Shoppe.
It's not creatine or andro or steroids. Do push-ups every couple days, not everyday, muscles need recovery to build.

J-Cee
12-08-2008, 01:29 AM

and...shes right....ur a nigerian uz dont gain weight so u wouldnt know..

But yeh do that and get some weight gain powder....
but yeh like TSA some ppls bodies are like that.

oldie
12-08-2008, 12:19 PM
thanks for all the replies and advice!!

yeah ive read up on the whole ecotmorph body type etc and ive always blamed the low weight on metabolism but youre right, its just my body type, im not meant to be big.

personally i think its my eating thats the big problem, i need to set my self an eating plan cos im not too clued up on what too eat and what not to eat.

i know all the stuff about over training, muscles develop when resting not when used.
day on day off as far as weights are concerned.

i know youre supposed to eat red meat, fish and chicken and potatoes and lots of pasta and keep the diary and caffiene low. and also stay away from junk food.

i'd love to take steroids, eventho its just water but its weight lol
but i cant take em, i got an aneurysm in my brain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aneurysm)
so drugs as such ive never touched and have always been told it'd thin my blood too much and lead to death so im not gunna test the theory.

my other problem is i used to be training with free weights at homewhen i was 17 and when doing barbell curls id get a tightening pain in my chest, went to docs and he said lay off the weights, especially with my aneurysm im puttin too much strain on my heart and head so that stopped me for about a year, so i thought at 17 its apparently easier to put weight on cos hormones and metabolism n shit is at a low so i'd eat more than usual but no success.

i never do cardio-vascular exercises, i drive so im kinda lazy lol so theres not much chance of me burning off the callories/protein/carbs.

ive tried creatine powder, just from my nearest herbal type shop so it was nothing up-market, ive tried swapping creatine with baby-milk for two months, still no luck.

i guess investing some money in a decent powder might be a good idea.
but again what do i consume, creatine, protein, whey, weight gain??

and finally, why do say i want weight and fast?
cos as im 21, nrly 22, i feel i should be bigger than i am, im not getting into fights n shit so i got no worry of getting smacked, i just dont like the way i look (sound like a girl i know lol), i mean yeah some girls dont seem to mind it but im doing it for my own personal satisfaction....

HANZO
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
well jus eat as much as you can. screw all the low carb shit. EAT FOOD!! then train well.

lift heavy weights at a really slow pace. low reps because you dnt wanna strain your heart. but thats all i could tell you. theres really too many factors that will effect your growth. so it makes it hard.

i have never tried the creatine or other powders cause i never had a problem with gaining muscle mass.

tajeco
12-09-2008, 02:04 AM
i know youre supposed to eat red meat, fish and chicken and potatoes and lots of pasta and keep the diary and caffiene low. and also stay away from junk food.

I'm 220 now, and am vegetarian. I do construction, so I'm pretty much always moving and lifting stuff, so I don't have a lot of fat, mainly just my belly (sort of a beer belly, except I don't drink). Read my earlier post, that Tech-X Mass worked for me.

Koolish
12-09-2008, 02:21 AM
no disrespect to this family, but, my best friend was a fat kid, and his family was pretty big, i spent one week with them and came back with a fat gut.

oldie
12-09-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm 220 now, and am vegetarian. I do construction, so I'm pretty much always moving and lifting stuff, so I don't have a lot of fat, mainly just my belly (sort of a beer belly, except I don't drink). Read my earlier post, that Tech-X Mass worked for me.

thanx for the tip, if i can get hold of the stuff i mite try it but u say about your 'beer' belly - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=894780

could it be the supplements thats causing ur gut? lol

DJMethods
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Bulking up is pretty simple.

Workout and rip muscles, eat protein to repair muscles and REST them. When they're repaired, rip them again.

Keep dat protein in top shape yo

tajeco
12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for that info oldie, I think it was the formula at first, but I stopped it about 9 months ago, now it's probably the excessive amount of cheese I eat.

oldie
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
^^ no probs, i like 2 do my research on getting bigger.

i guess they say dont eat too much diary for a reason?

too much of 1 thing is bad for u man

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-09-2008, 07:20 PM
If you're just naturally skinny, the only thing you can do is take steroids. From what I hear, they're awesome