PDA

View Full Version : How to go to sleep early?

Cee Oh Vee
12-11-2008, 06:15 PM
peace

I got myself into a really bad habit of going to bed late, and i keep getting up late, therefore being late for school etc

basically, i'm sick of it and i just genuinely cant bring myself to go to bed.

help a fellow wu-corpa out!

peace

ps. i didn't post this in gen chat cus mfs start talking shit. real talk. true say. no lie.

Kong
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
It could be addiction to media and shit.

supreme M
12-11-2008, 06:31 PM
you should stay away from the computer/tv/food an hour or two from bedtime
just read a magazine or a book... chill music also helps me.. stay away from sugar near bedtime !!!

leave ur room cold.. drinking something warm before goin to bed is also a classic.. caoco/hot milk/tea u get the picture

a good work out earlier on the day helps alot

i also keep a notepad(no homo) next to the bed, cuz i use to think alot when im bed.. so i just write down the shit i think about, for example im think about shit i gotta do in the morning, i just write it down and get it over with nahmean

Koolish
12-11-2008, 06:43 PM
apparently at the adolescent age the body is programmed to stay up later and wake up later.

trust me, you've pushed it too far if it's 4-5 am.

best sleep i ever had was after i read something really boring.

Future
12-11-2008, 06:50 PM
I usually stay up real late then wake up around 5:30 to hop in the shower and get to school, probably average 3/4 hours of sleep a day.

But before I go to sleep I work out, write rhymes, shower if I didn't in the morning, then listen to some music before bed...

but I need the music to go to sleep, the writing helps me get everything outta my heard before I sleep, and a nigga gotta stay in shape and before bed and before school are the only times I can work out.

But last night I worked my legs way harder than normal and I didn't feel like getting up so I just went to sleep on the weight bench...

It was funny as hell too, one time my friends little cousin(he's like 8, autistic) just went to sleep on the ground while we were camping, his mom told him it was time for bed so he just layed there in the dirt and slept away.

Face of the Golden Falcon
12-11-2008, 10:39 PM
meditate

food for thought
12-11-2008, 10:45 PM
lol for me, the best way to sleep whenever i want to is by smoking weed.

and i do have sleeping problems and have a very hard time myself getting to sleep

ever since i started smoking before i sleep, its worked like a charm.

so smoke a blunt or take bong hits and see how you feel

Kong
12-12-2008, 10:53 AM
lol for me, the best way to sleep whenever i want to is by smoking weed.

and i do have sleeping problems and have a very hard time myself getting to sleep

ever since i started smoking before i sleep, its worked like a charm.

so smoke a blunt or take bong hits and see how you feel

not great food for a 15 year old going to school.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Self discipline!

You gotta have that. You cant let yourself slip and shit.

Sleep is one of the most important things for you body after food and water.

People say excercise but sometimes I do alot of excercise but it makes no difference.

Smoking weed does help, I would say smoking weed and watching a slow paced movie would do the trick.

food for thought
12-12-2008, 01:31 PM
not great food for a 15 year old going to school.

i actually started smoking weed regularly when i was 15 and i would pack a bowl lay in bed, and watch Nightline. i would eventually fall asleep and wake up feeling good as hell. it didnot destroy my life. i didnot fail out of school and im bout to graduate college.

besides, if he can get prescriptions for sleeping pills and fuck his head up, i think he should hear about weed instead of fucking with pharmaceuticals.

these are herbal remedies. do the knowledge

Kong
12-12-2008, 01:51 PM
i actually started smoking weed regularly when i was 15 and i would pack a bowl lay in bed, and watch Nightline. i would eventually fall asleep and wake up feeling good as hell. it didnot destroy my life. i didnot fail out of school and im bout to graduate college.

besides, if he can get prescriptions for sleeping pills and fuck his head up, i think he should hear about weed instead of fucking with pharmaceuticals.

these are herbal remedies. do the knowledge

Weed isn't a herbal remedy for anything you fool. It gets you high.

And its not going to effect everyone like that. Many kids loose it from weed.

food for thought
12-12-2008, 02:14 PM
listen son, you called me out for telling dude to smoke before he goes to sleep. we clearly have different views on this shit

it is an herbal remedy to sleeping pills. ppl use it to help them go to sleep. ppl use it for migrains. some ppl even use it for ashtma.

it is a plant used for its medicinal properties, instead of man-made pharmacueticals, in other words, a herbal remedy

dont talk if you dont know what your saying

Kong
12-12-2008, 02:39 PM
listen son, you called me out for telling dude to smoke before he goes to sleep. we clearly have different views on this shit

it is an herbal remedy to sleeping pills. ppl use it to help them go to sleep. ppl use it for migrains. some ppl even use it for ashtma.

it is a plant used for its medicinal properties, instead of man-made pharmacueticals, in other words, a herbal remedy

dont talk if you dont know what your saying

weed, that you buy on the street gets you high and takes you away from the problem for that moment in time but its not helping the problem, it will still be there the next day.

people that say its for medicinal use are bullshiting themselves. they get high to relax there batty from there stress just like everyone else.

If you want to go for a real herbal remedy that will help you need to start looking at chinese herbs and shit. I dont think its the way, you end up relying on all this shit too much.

fuck you with your do the knowledge, dont talk if you dont know what you saying, your a wise-fool.

Treazon
12-12-2008, 02:40 PM
trick your body into thinking its late, close blinds/turn off lights watch tv or a movie and you'll think its late or atleast get tired easier

but above all... go to bed earlier and stop whining!

food for thought
12-12-2008, 02:42 PM
weed, that you buy on the street gets you high and takes you away from the problem for that moment in time but its not helping the problem, it will still be there the next day.

people that say its for medicinal use are bullshiting themselves. they get high to relax there batty from there stress just like everyone else.

If you want to go for a real herbal remedy that will help you need to start looking at chinese herbs and shit. I dont think its the way, you end up relying on all this shit too much.

fuck you with your do the knowledge, dont talk if you dont know what you saying, your a wise-fool.

lol

Kong
12-12-2008, 02:44 PM
^wise-fool.

food for thought
12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
^ 1st place D.A.R.E winner

Kong
12-12-2008, 02:49 PM
^wise-fool.

what is D.A.R.E?

food for thought
12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
lol

Kong
12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
answer me or I will kill you.

SKAMPOE
12-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Alot Of Weed Helps, Not No Brown Tho, It Has To Be Green...

Prince Rai
12-12-2008, 03:11 PM
sex

Wu-tang Fan
12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
peace

I got myself into a really bad habit of going to bed late, and i keep getting up late, therefore being late for school etc

basically, i'm sick of it and i just genuinely cant bring myself to go to bed.

help a fellow wu-corpa out!

peace

ps. i didn't post this in gen chat cus mfs start talking shit. real talk. true say. no lie.
Yo shorty. Peace ^O^ Some cats say this "settle down" shit. That is wrong, I tried that for about 6 months but shit doesn't get you sleeping any more quickly. Do things as normal but when you feel that sleepy shit coming over you, get your wig down. Set your alarm to get you up at a good time. After about about a fortnight you'll begin accostumed to it. The most important thing though is paying attention to when you are sleepy.

ALCATRAZ
12-12-2008, 11:12 PM
easy..wake up early

Tyler Durden
12-12-2008, 11:22 PM
^^^That there is actually true^^^

Get your ass out of bed in the morning.

I went through a nasty phase of this shit when I was in the 3rd 4th and 5th year through school, I would stay up anything from 1am to 5am every night, not on the Playstation or the computer, I just couldnt drop off to sleep, I would be sat there reading the writing that pops up during ITV Nightscreen (we didnt have sky)

Its done okay for me now though, I think Ive trained my body to stay up late and need less sleep.
Now I got to bed at 2 or 3 every night for about a month, then sleep it all off one day and start again.

Does anyone know how to fix an iPOD, mines fucked

Visionz
12-12-2008, 11:32 PM
My sleeping habits are absolute shit

But as obvious from this thread its different for everybody.

What DOESN"T work for me:
TV
VIDEO GAMES
WEED (keeps my head racing with thoughts which definitely doesn't help)

What Does Work:
Reading something boring
Actually laying down
and if its cause I can't get my thoughts to wind down then I write them down

just gotta go with whatever you find works best for you. I'd stay away from ingesting anything to help you go to sleep overside of the hot drink recommendation. Weed or alcohol isn't something you want to train your body to need to get sleep.

ALCATRAZ
12-13-2008, 01:00 AM
i smoke weed before i sleep every night....its like a night time prayer except i aint prayin im jus doin drugs lolz

Prolifical ENG
12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
The 2 one word replies seem to be the best so far.

You just need to be in the habit of waking up early first. Then your body will want to go to bed early.

If you're late for school all the time, perhaps you have no ambition/motivation to go to school. When you have a job you can't be late or you get fired. You will likely get up even earlier and get home later and do more work in your day. After 7 turn on the TV some nights and your eyes will shut on you.

Exercise might not be the answer, but perhaps you aren't working hard enough at what you do.

PALEHORSE
12-13-2008, 08:34 PM
wake up early

also

there are chemicals in the food and water that cause sleep disorders among other things....

so i good i idea is to get HCG

read kevin trudeau how to lose 30lbs in 30 days.
it will teach you how to reset your hypothalamus which controls involuntary actions like metabolism slep breathing etc.....

Professor Poopsnagle
12-13-2008, 08:47 PM
1. get used to waking up early, at the same time every day.
2. don't eat or drink anything with lots of sugar in it before going to bed.
3. get some fresh air before you go to sleep, walk outside for a couple of minutes.
4. don't watch tv or sit behind your computer because you're staring into light making your body think it's day time.
5. dim the lights in your room a little a few hours before going to bed.
6. get some exercise during the day, doesn't matter what, just burn some calories and do something physical so you don't have too much energy before you go to sleep.
7. masturbate or have sex.
8. keep your bedroom fresh and open some windows during the day so it doesn't smell all funky.
9. read a book or a magazine, something to keep your mind off the past day.

PALEHORSE
12-13-2008, 09:04 PM
also get rid of flourescent lights and eat protien occasioally before you sleep

like chicken or a steak

at 11pm your body releases powerful regenertive chemicals

ideally go to sleep at 10pm wake at 6am

Tyler Durden
12-13-2008, 09:14 PM
TW-lRARx47c&feature=related

Fuck sleeping early.

This shit will wake you up.

I would get one of these but it would fuck up my wifes sleeping patterns

Future
12-13-2008, 09:44 PM
That would be the worst way to start a morning EVER.

Cee Oh Vee
12-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Aight

thanks for the tips but i can't do the weed nor sex.

Another thing: what would be a good time to go to bed?

peace.