PDA

View Full Version : What's good and bad about life in the UK?

Jasperz
12-14-2008, 10:04 AM
To people who live there, or who have. I'm curious. It's a place I would maybe consider moving to, but I need to know more. Only been there once.

DRUNKENDRAGON
12-14-2008, 01:20 PM
All I know is there's no ocean separating it from the middle east. That's enough to keep my ass out of the UK.

Future
12-14-2008, 02:16 PM
I'd like to live in New York some day, and the fact that there's no good hip hop in the UK is reason for me to live here... No good football, no baseball at all. They've got gay ass cricket and fuckin soccer...

I'd only live in Europe if I made Euroleague basketball, which is probably a possibility for me.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-14-2008, 02:50 PM
To people who live there, or who have. I'm curious. It's a place I would maybe consider moving to, but I need to know more. Only been there once.

DONT DO IT

If you enjoy going at out nights without getting stabbed up because youre not a pussy stay wherever you are. Unless you can afford to live in the suburbsI wouldnt bother.

Weed is generally bad

Alcohol is very expensive

Weather is always cloudy (not much rain though)

Everything is expensive

Its hard to find work

Women arent very attractive

The value of the pound is getting crapper

People always trying to rob and stab you after dark lol j/k but true if you live in the inner city

Tyler Durden
12-14-2008, 06:04 PM
^^^Yeah, Englands shit^^^

There is nothing to do in this country. I want to go to America just for the fact they have any film played in cinemas. New ones, old ones, classics, at you can watch them at any time.

Also, when it gets to about 10 oclock in England, everytihg shuts. In America shit is open all night.
All we have thats 24 hours is ASDA

HANZO
12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
I'd like to live in New York some day, and the fact that there's no good hip hop in the UK is reason for me to live here... No good football, no baseball at all. They've got gay ass cricket and fuckin soccer...

I'd only live in Europe if I made Euroleague basketball, which is probably a possibility for me.

i highly doubt you would even get a sniff at euroleague basketball.

everything in England is double the price of what it is in America. You wont be comfortable unless your earning more than 120,000 a year.

Mashallarts
12-15-2008, 02:48 PM
It's bloody expensive!
Americans are generally friendlier right....you walk around london...you are guaranteed to lock eyes with about 5 people at the train stop thinkin you were screwfacin them...forget the train stop that's just walkin down the highstreet...nobody is friendly they're all bloody unhelpful!! bastards!!
They're moody, especially in the mornings, they don't wish you well...they won't help somebody in distress..for pure example an old woman climbing up the stairs with her luggage obviously struggling will just be left to carry it by herself...people will be too afraid to help her because they'll think everyone is watchin them.....

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't come here it's so shit

Jasperz
12-16-2008, 06:11 PM
^^^Yeah, Englands shit^^^

There is nothing to do in this country. I want to go to America just for the fact they have any film played in cinemas. New ones, old ones, classics, at you can watch them at any time.

Also, when it gets to about 10 oclock in England, everytihg shuts. In America shit is open all night.
All we have thats 24 hours is ASDA

Mostly only current or recent films are shown in cinemas here. Maybe occasionally there will be some special showing of an old notable film. So I don't know what you mean about the cinema.

Also, there's not really that much stuff open at night. It's like some diners and food stores. That's about it. In my town there are only two things opened 24/7, a supermarket and a convenience store. And I live near New York City.

Tyler Durden
12-16-2008, 08:40 PM
^^^I guess I'm just believing what I see in the movies^^^

Evertime I see some film they either go to the moviews, or to a diner or even fucking shopping at like 3 in the morning.

Maybe thats just big cities or something.
I live a sheltered English life

Edgar Erebus
12-17-2008, 07:20 AM
It's bloody expensive!
Americans are generally friendlier right....you walk around london...you are guaranteed to lock eyes with about 5 people at the train stop thinkin you were screwfacin them...forget the train stop that's just walkin down the highstreet...nobody is friendly they're all bloody unhelpful!! bastards!!
They're moody, especially in the mornings, they don't wish you well...they won't help somebody in distress..for pure example an old woman climbing up the stairs with her luggage obviously struggling will just be left to carry it by herself...people will be too afraid to help her because they'll think everyone is watchin them.....

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't come here it's so shit

I know an epileptic woman who went on a trip to London and had a seizure on some street. Apparently folks were just passing on by, nobody even called emergency or tried to help her.

But shit like that is generally Northern Europe/Germanic stuff, when I was in Sicily I witnessed a guy running across street to return the wallet to some woman who dropped it by the ATM.

TSA
12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
wow.

interesting reviews. it appears that europeans allover are just bitter and arrogant. I don't get it but we went to spain and the type of racism there was just flat out primitive. Atleast be refined in your racism, don't just give black people half a coffee and white people the full thing. We bitched them out and finally got our coffee but damn, what a bunch of fags. from 2004-2007 all airlines in nigeria were european so we had to get 'served' by these french guys that were also bitter assholes.

and these girl from germany used to tell me it was the exact same thing were she's from only ppl are stupider and blunter about it and well flat out throw a brick at your head if your foriegn.

wtf...

Edgar Erebus
12-17-2008, 01:17 PM
Where were you? You can't take Spain for real, it has shitloads of workers from all parts of Europe.

Basically it's like this: the Mediterranean people are more similar to niggers; northern Eurofags are more like American white trash; those assholes from Eastern Europe, they're only good as slaves anyway.

TSA
12-17-2008, 01:26 PM
LMAO! damn. i was in Madrid but they were all spanish cause they were short, had huge heads of the same shape and all looked alike

Jasperz
12-17-2008, 05:08 PM
^^^I guess I'm just believing what I see in the movies^^^

Evertime I see some film they either go to the moviews, or to a diner or even fucking shopping at like 3 in the morning.

Maybe thats just big cities or something.
I live a sheltered English life

I don't think there's anywhere you can go shopping at 3 AM. You can't do this in New York, I know that much, and that's the biggest city in the country. Honestly, they say "the city never sleeps", but most of it does actually close at night. The bars are generally open until 2 or 4 AM, though.

Retail stores usually close somewhere between 9 and 11 PM. I think 9:30 is the most common time (that's when the shopping malls close around here). On weekends there are some movie theaters with really late showings, like 1 AM or something.