PDA

View Full Version : discuss the 60s counter culture

TSA
12-19-2008, 04:24 PM
i was watching a documentary on the 1960s counter culture and was wondering why in that particular time frame so much change was happening. what triggered it?

all over the world countries were going independant, then you have all the left leaning revolutions movements and struggles, and in the west you had the drug culture the radical change in music, style, culture and everything.

i just think it's wierd that it all happened then, but i also think it's linked to WWII and that being around the time the world was getting back on it's feet.

Prolifical ENG
12-19-2008, 07:03 PM
but i also think it's linked to WWII and that being around the time the world was getting back on it's feet.

I was going to say this before I was finished reading your post. If anything it could even be both wars.

Another factor is the media started covering things better, better meaning more visual. You could watch the Vietnam war televised and know how gory it is without even being in the army. TV started getting better and also photography.

Then you can go into a circular theory and say the World Wars triggered more money into that type of technology. If you don't know things like photography and meteorology were greatly advanced around that time.

Koolish
12-20-2008, 11:57 AM
three letters

LSD

Aesop Chi Odi
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
That I think needs consideration. Maybe its the inclusion of young white america in a revolutionary movement. I think thats what gave it so much power.

Or maybe it was a white movement for the most part?

I never studied it myself. The 60's counter culture was definitely a problem for the american ruling class at the time.

It substantiates my claim that no real movement can be successful unless it accepts the help of all races.

Uncle Steezo
02-17-2010, 10:49 PM
it also was a rebellion from the strict 1950's moral code.