05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off)
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang)
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes
12 : Gravel Pit
13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus)

num2son
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Good album better than Iron Flag in my opinion.

morgan
09-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Indeed this is a strong album, perhaps not the most legendary beats (on some tracks) but possibly some of the best (on others). Protect ya Neck (the jump off) will get any party rockin, and is one of the clans finest moments.

"Cant go to sleep" puts a lump in my throat even now after ive listened to it that many times my mostly anti Wu-Tang girl knows the full Ghost lyric. (No really)

The sore point of this album is the weak input of the guest rappers. In my opinion.

Oh and i dont like Do you really" (thang thang)

Punch
09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh and i dont like Do you really" (thang thang)
Really? that's one of the best songs on the album, if not the best.

Fry
09-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I love the album, but there are some weak songs. Let My Niggaz Live has the most unbearable beat of all time, IMO. Hollow Bones gets annoying because of all the singing. Protect Ya Neck 2000's beat pisses me off, and I think they were far from their best on that song lyrically. MC Conditioner could have been better, but it was still good. The rest of the album is great.

9th Warrior
09-05-2005, 09:22 PM
solid album, better than iron flag
careful is the best song on there imo
chamber music, redbull, hollow bones, protect ya neck the jumpoff all hot tracks
2 many guests tho
still a strong album from the wu

triggahappy187
09-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Intro/finger Jab - Aight song Rae took it - 3/5
Careful - Love the beat an chorus - 4/5
Hollow Bones - Damn this is one my fav joints - 5/5
Redbull - Din like this one its more of a meth&red Feel - 2/5
One blood under Wu - One of my fav beats ever - 5/5
MC Conditioner - Pretty sick combo here - 3/5
The Jump Off - Damnnnn they all killed it - 5/5
Let my niggas live - Damnnnn Nas is always ill when on Wu albums - 5/5
I cant go to sleep - Again sick beat flow is nice I like Rza part at the end, Ghost voice annoyin 4/5
Do You really - Beat bangin lyrics weren there - 2/5
The Monument - Wasn feelin this one - 1/5
Gravel Pit - Wu Attempt at bein mainstream - 3/5
Jah World - first song was caca 2nd part was aight where Rae comes on - 3/5

Overall ..................... 45/65

gi0vanni
09-06-2005, 02:27 PM
too many guests. i listen to 3 or 4 songs on this album regularly, rarely listen to the rest.

fox7jr7
09-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Maybe too many guests. Its such a rugged and raw album. True Wu-Tang music. Do Ya Really is 5/5

morgan
09-06-2005, 11:02 PM
What was i thinking, i commented on Do you really just wiv the hook in mind, what a fool.

Fuck the hook.

Blazini n Noodles kill it.

defo not the best track still though

killabee_1993
09-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Great album. Wu Tang Forever. Look at some of the other shit that was coming out as far as music when The W dropped. In far comparison, The W was banging. One Blood, Careful, Let my n*ggas live, and hollow bones are my favorite. Its got good playability

Orion Nebulus
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
It was an ok album....it really could have been better though. To me "careful" is the best joint. That instrumental in the begining of "thang thang" was one of the most sickest beats I ever heard...I really wished Rza could have used it for a whole song. :(

Taysan
09-08-2005, 12:50 PM
It is classics for me. All joints are dope,there aren't tracks i want to skip.

mic-cord-strangler
09-08-2005, 03:26 PM
the whole thing is fucking bangin except gravelpit whic i always skip.. that might be the only CLAN song ever i dont like

Protection
09-09-2005, 06:49 AM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music | I wish they would've used the beat at the beginning. Chamber Music, was cool tho but not the ideal song to start off an album IMO. - 3/5

02 : Careful (Click, Click) | Now this is a pure banger! Everybody spits heat, incl. U-God and Cappadonna! - 5/5

03 : Hollow Bones | Another banger! Raekwon and INS outshine Ghost, but they're all good. - 4/5

04 : Redbull ft. Redman | Song had potential, but the beat gets boring. - 3/5

05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid | The song is too long. If they would've cutted it into half it would've gotten a higher grade. - 3/5

06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg | I've never liked this track, Snoop really does not have a place in a Wu-album. - 2/5

07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) | All-star track, all the generals are on here (except ODB). I just love the way how the beat switches in the end and how GZA just spits pure fireee! - 4/5

08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas | Another song with potential but it does not deliver what you would've expected. - 3/5

09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes | Classic track IMO. Both Ghost and RZA spit classic shit on this one. - 5/5

10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) | An okay song. Nothing spectacular. - 3/5

11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes | Another okay song. - 3/5

12 : Gravel Pit | The beat is real dope! Unfortunately the chorus is pop. And that brings down the grade. - 4/5

13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus) | First off, the Clap song is shit. Skip it. Jah World is great, same vibe as in I Can't Go To Sleep. Jah World: 4/5, Clap: 2/5

Overall: 3.5/5
This album lacked the stand out tracks that 36 Chambers and Forever had. The W didn't have any Wu-anthems or any real attemps on doing that either. The only thing near is Protect Your Neck (The Jump Off) but you can't compare it to say Reunited or Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' 'Ta Fuck Wit'. And also it seems as if they picked some wrong songs, they could've added the full versions of The W and Shaolin Finger Jab, and they could've also added The Glock which later on appeared on Iron Flag but was originally recorded during the The W-sessions. Compared to the 2 first Clan albums, this was a big dissapointment.

WU-KILLAH
09-09-2005, 08:11 AM
Disappointing album + I hate the fact they released only 13 tracks just to have enough song to call that an album ... Careful and the jump off are classics though ... (I prefer much more I can't go to sleep with the live instrumental than the one that has been chosen for the album)

Luther Large
09-09-2005, 07:48 PM
this album is dope as hell how's anyone sleepin on it

careful (click click)-just hardcore rap at its finest

hollow bones-1 of my favorite beats ever inspectah is ill...cops fill reports hopin i reveal my scource.....scource-luv that endin to his verse....rakwon was just as good...but not to take anything away from g-face

i can't go to sleep-deep track superb beat by hayes...i would say more about the track but it'd be too long

jah world-another track like i can't go to sleep and just as good

gravel pit-a damn good song not the best but it's still ill

chamber music-good beat good lyrics good hyped up feel to it

the monument-pretty good not the best but sumthin you'd stop to listen to

and these are my favorites...there;s only 1 or 2 songs i dont like that much....the rest are wu-worthy

iron_slang
09-11-2005, 12:21 PM
AHh this is the thread im talking about here - one dedicated to THE BEST Wu ALBUM TODAY. Man, i was a hater of this album when it first came out, the Gravel Pit had the wrong people going out and buying the album just for that track-i wonder how these fickle mindz work- but anyway after rotation of the Gravel Pit & Protect ya neck ended with no said date i felt i had to hear out this album. In my opinion the Wu has never been on a razor sharp point collectively as they came out on The W...ummm just mentioning this album makes me loose composure,man,..this album is FUCKING TIGHT & UNDERATED. All but one of RZA production show me how versatile the God is when it come to production.

With The W he (RZA) focused more on a bass/percusion sequence where Forever it was more of a metronome/keyboard shit and NONE OF THE ALBUMS FOCUSES WHERE POINTLESS. Chamber Music is crazy as u can TRULY feel-EVERYONE FORMS INTO THEIR OWN ENVIRONMENT- just shows that the whole clan were there seeing The W become a treasure. Click Clicks percusion,Ghosts,Cappa's Ugods & Ins' verse over that RZA percusion slays heads. RZA's crazy production on Redbull is unheard of; just unfathomable. I dont want to reveal what is seen when listening to every track coz we all need our space for words BUT; JAH WORLD & ONE BLOOD UNDER WU are true bass culture Jah Ganja Rastafari shit that makes me ALWAYS have to listen to them blessed. Rza should team up with some Rasta'z and make tracks with the rest of the clan coz no-one, NO-ONE can fuck with RZA's style in that way. 14/10 for The W which really did come back in the form of a Comet; respeckt opinions and understand where this album stands: No1, Forever No2, Enter 36 No3 iron flag obvious. But Damn RZA's production/percusion in the beginning of Monument with Busta chanting bus hiphop heads Johhny Cage style - peace

Rebel_INS
09-11-2005, 11:23 PM
1.Intro - 5/5
2.Careful - 5/5
3.Hollow Bones - 4.5/5
4.Redbull - 5/5
5.One Blood Under W - 4.5/5
6.Conditioner - 3.5/5
7.Protect Ya Neck - 5/5
8.Let My Niggas Live - 5/5
9.I Cant Go To Sleep - 5/5
10.Do You Really - 5/5
11.The Monument - 5/5
12.Gravel Pit - 5/5
13.Jah World - 4.5/5

Antibody
09-12-2005, 03:23 PM
9/10 for beats, 7.5/10 for lyrics. 8/10 overall. Some of the lyrics seem pretty average to me but also some really nice stuff on there. The beats were mostly great, except I thought Do You Really was sorta weak. Conditioner was really average lyrically and beatwise, and I hate Snoop's verse. I didn't like all the verses on Careful, or Protect Ya Neck, but Careful had an awesome beat.
Redbull and I Can't Go to Sleep are lovely, 2 of the best Wu tracks ever heard. Let My N****s Live is nice, Monument is butter too.

ShaolinDarts
09-15-2005, 08:36 AM
As the face of hip hop began to change in the mid to early 90's many rappers were trying to change with it. In particular these changing artists were the ones who would have previously been the more street/inderground/real or whatever its called type of rapper. What we had by the year 2000 was alot of confused albums - confused in the sense that the same rapper was trying to be a player, drug dealer, socially conscious etc on the same cd - the results were that a very disoriented cd. So in step the Wu with their offering the W. This cd simultaneously attempts to go back to the 36 chambers while collecting a whole new group of fans. The cd itself is one of the few to date that have successfully blended commercial, political, gangter related and street hustler type topics into one cd. Unlike many others who have tried this Rza clearly lays out a cd that goes from gun slinging tales to vivid story telling onto commercial joints and offcourse just good old wu tang style rapping. Below is my track by track review:

01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music (4/5) A nice way to start the album. Everything you would expect from a Wu Track is here
02 : Careful (Click, Click) (4/5) The beat compliments the lyrics perfectly and has that feel to it where everything blends in perfectly. Again some good verses here and Ghost has an insane verse here
03 : Hollow Bones (5/5) Quite simply amazing. The beat has a clostrophobic feel to it and you really have to listen to Deck and Rae deliver immaculate verses.
04 : Redbull ft. Redman (4/5) I find this beat very interesting. Is it possible for an emcee to rhyme so effortlessly over this type of a beat? Well Meth and Red have no problem. This is a suprisingly addictive track.
05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid (5/5) Masta Killa has no problems holding down a solo track.
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg (4/5) I can't quite put my finger on it. Why is this track amazing? I don't seem to regard the lyrics too highly and the beat is weird. But I can't stop listening to it.
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) (4/5) We have all the clansmen back on a track. The track is slightly more up beat than most other tracks with all 9 members on it. I always have to rewind ghosts verse on this one.
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas (5/5) Raekwon and Nas on the same track. How could it not be amazing. The beat is very slow and so is the track but it seems to fit the style of rap good. I think Nas deserves alot of respect for holding his own on this track.
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes (5/5) Just plain amazing. The track has a vibe, the lyrics have a vibe but unlike alot of other tracks the voice actually has a vibe too.
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) (3/5) This track is good but it kind of hits a dead end on this particular cd.
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes (4/5) Now the beat for this track is amazing. It changes for each rapper. I wish Busta wasn't on it though cuz he is pritty avaerage TBH. Rae does good for his part but Gza absolutely smashes this track too parts.
12 : Gravel Pit (4/5) - A fresh type commercial track. Nice beat and 3 nice emcees on it.
13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid (5/5)/ Hand Clap (Bonus) (3.5/5) I have given both tracks a seperate rating as Jah World is miles ahead of Hand Clap. Now Jah world is another amazing delivery from Ghost. Again the beat and lyrics are matched to perfection. Hand clap is a nice track in its own right but it just seems out of place to me at the end of the album. It just doesn't seem like the perfect way to end an album.

Conclusion - This album recieved mixed reviews but I think its a very good album. It doesn't match their two previous outings and niether does it really venture into the unknow like the last two album. But at the end of the day music is music and if Wu want to add an extension onto their catalogue rather than make something new then I'm not complaining. This album is all about the art of creation - its easy to make tracks but not so easy to put them on a cd and make it listenable. Gravelpit on Forever would be garbage but on the the W its a good track cuz Rza got the whole vibe correct. Rza has a proven record of underground related releases and here he shows he knows how to make a mainstream directed album.

THE W
09-16-2005, 09:14 PM
loved this album from the first time i heard it. only song i might skip on a bad day is conditioner. best beats of the four clan albums but the worst lyrics of the four.

top 3 best produced wu album IMO.

36 chambers 2000

the insignificant
09-16-2005, 11:34 PM
chamber music - 4.5/5... four great (especially gza and mk)verses over a great beat...
careful - 4/5... very dark, like it alot... u-god and ins rule this one...
hollow bones - 4/5... great beat, great verses, especially by ins...
redbull - 3.5/5... redman and ins are all over this awesome beat... ruined by the hook...
one blood under w - 3.5/5... track maybe a bit too long for its type...
conditioner - 3/5... harmless... but hardly amazing on any front...
protect ya neck - 4/5... beat change up is awesome... u-god and gza all over this...
let my niggaz live - 4.5/5... rae, nas and especially ins further enhance their reputations here...
i can't go to sleep - 3.5/5... nice touch using isaac hayes... probably better in theory than in execution though...
do u really - 4/5... kay slay intro and the chorus detract a bit... street starts it off strong and the other three keep it going...
the monument - 4/5... slightly out of place, but the beat change up is great... rza finds a nice way to blend busta and gza on a track... raekwon steals the show though...
gravel pit - 4/5... u-god steals the show again...
jah world - 3.5/5... jr reid and the beat are awesome...
clap - 3/5... could have easily been left off... seems out of place...

Bedlam
09-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Chamber Music - 4.5
Careful - 5
Hollow Bones - 3.5 (sorry, that wailing is annoying)
Red Bull - 3.5 (This beat is amatuer, espically for RZA)
One Blood Under W - 4 (SHUT THE FUCK UP JUNIOR REED)
MC Conditioner - 2
PYN the Jumpoff - 4 (After the beat changes, this really loses steam)
Let My Niggas Live - 4
I Can't Go to Sleep - 5 (Classic)
Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - 5 (lovin this beat)
The Monument - 3.5
Gravel Pit - 5
Jah World - 4.5 (loses its novelty 2nd time around, and STFU Junior Reed)
Clap - 1 (fuckin pathetic)

Overall 4/5, my least favorite Clan album.

J-DON
09-17-2005, 06:47 PM
Chamber Music -8/10 - Nice Opener
Careful -9/10 - Beat is too hard to resist
Hollow Bones -10/10- one of my favourite wu songs
Redbull -8/10 - Its just a hobby that i picked up in the lobby
One Blood -8/10 - Why the hate on JR.Reid?
Conditioner -6.5/10- Skippable
Protect Ya Neck - 9/10 - GZAs verse is tight
Let My Niggaz Live -8.5/10
I Cant Go To Sleep -9/10
Thang Thang - 7/10 - dont like it much but its ok, i sometimes skip
Monument -8/10- I like this song, it gets more hate than it should
Gravel Pit -9/10- too hated on
Jah World -10/10- 2nd favourite on the album
Clap -6/10- Should have been left off

Overall: 8/10

the album gets hated on too much I can listen to it front to back and thats good enough for me

LHX
09-20-2005, 09:31 PM
greatest album in music history

not reviewable

it gets a 0 out of 0

Sherz
09-21-2005, 07:22 AM
The problem with this album was, it didn't sound like Clan LP. More like badly drawn Clan compilation mixed with sum guest appareances. RZA, I admire you greatly, but what in the flying fuck were you smokin' when you got Snoop to get on that album? Snoop of all people? I do like Snoop tho, but he has no fucking bussiness on a Clan album. And that fuck even gave you a bad verse? Come on now! Geezz, am still kinda mad on that. Who knew? I had to get that out. *Release*

The W has sum great moments; Hollow Bones, Chamber Music, The Jump Off, I can't go to sleep, One Blood, Do You Really, Let my niggaz live, Redbull, Jah World & Gravel Pit. Yes, alott! It just the bad moment totally bring the album off balace which is darn shame. Thank god they got it (almost) right on Iron Flag

My least favorite clan LP. Not bad or wack like sum fucks are classifying it this days, but just not that great. Far above average and remote from greatness.

hotnikks
09-23-2005, 12:25 AM
lovely album why are people bitchin' about the guest appearences?? Nas and Busta were nice on this album, i've had the most fun smokin' my blunt and listening to this album in my ride.

Frank Drebin
09-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I really liked the flow of this album and the direction only thing that threw it of for me was snoop dogg and busta. The song on the end of MC Conditioner made up for the wackness of that song. Careful (click click) is one of my favourite Wu songs. I am more than happy with this album 8/10

4-Bar Killer
09-24-2005, 10:08 AM
cant understand people always hates on Gravel Pit.. ye its commercial, but the 3 verses are fucking crazy.. and the beat is so ill too.. maybe the chorus is pretty commercial but i dont care.. it was a crazy song imo

just read meth's verse, that was straight insane:

"Ha, holocaust from the land of the lost
Behold the pale horse, off course (off course)
Follow me, Wu-Tang gotta be
The best thing since Starks and Clark Wallabees
African killer bees blackwatch
On your radio, blowin out yo' watts
From Park Hill, the house on haunted hill
Every time you walk by your back get a chill
Let's peel, who want to talk rap skills
I spit like a semi-automatic to the grill
Elbow grease, and elbow room
Baby play me, baby fall down, go boom, BOOM!
Party people gather round, count down to apocalypse [3, 2, 1...]

[U-God]
I'm the kid with the golden arms

[Meth]
And I'm the motherfuckin hott nikks [AAAAH!] pass the blunt
My nigga don't front
You had it for a minute but it seem like a month
Now I'm chokin, smokin, hopin
I don't croakin, from overdosin...
Hey kid, [walk straight as a I...]
Wu and Meth got you open (open), let's ride
Can't stand niggas that floss too much
Can't stand Bentleys they cost too much
Kid wanna get up then kid get touched
Kid wanna stick up then kid get stuck
I'm the one that called your bluff
When your boy tried to act tough...
Remember what Old Dirty said, I'll fuck yo' ass up!
Now listen"

bringoutthegimp
09-24-2005, 11:14 AM
my second favourite wu tang (group) album, my rating is 8.5/10

infamous2702
02-07-2006, 04:11 AM
There are so many things wrong with this album, first off the Wu stating they had to dumb down the lyrical content....meaning hip hop listeners are too stupid to follow "wu tang forever" and the fact that their popularity was on a downslope so they call in guests. Ugh terrible choices. The album is a love/hate dilema in my eyes. Great beats/horrible lyrics. This makes the cd sub par at best. Wu Tang Forever will always shine as the bets with its top notch beats and lyrics that still cannot be touched to this very day.

P-Noid Brown
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
I Think This Album Is Dope It Stands For A Lot...even Though The Guest Appearances Seem Like A Lil Too Much...i Definitely Think Snoop Had No Business On The Record...lol..i Like The Busta And Nas Appearances And As Far As Jr. Reid Is Concerned...shit That Nigga Should Be Part Of The Wu....i Love The W...definitely A Dope Album!

g_flex
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
This album is dope ....the first song was off the hook...the beats were sumthin new ....guess rza didnt use much samples to lay the loops ,on some creative shit...plus all the 4 WuTang albums sound totally different!...rhyme wre nevertheless tight

venex
02-15-2006, 04:17 PM
I Think This Album Is Dope It Stands For A Lot...even Though The Guest Appearances Seem Like A Lil Too Much...i Definitely Think Snoop Had No Business On The Record...lol..i Like The Busta And Nas Appearances And As Far As Jr. Reid Is Concerned...shit That Nigga Should Be Part Of The Wu....i Love The W...definitely A Dope Album!

yeah, those wu tang/junior reid collab's are great...

jah world, one blood under the W, rigtheous way (bob digi), ...

in fact, wu tang / ragga collab's are good: bounty & masta - eyes a bleed, mef & capleton - wings of the morning, ...

peace!

deadlymelody
02-15-2006, 06:40 PM
9/10
Album is incredible

Cons: Lyrically they were at about 50% what they were capable of, some beats (Conditioner, Let My Niggas Live) were questionable. Plus, whyyyyyy did they cut that track short with GZA freestyling over that sick RZA beat. Also, I know they put this track on Iron Flag, but "The W" should have been on the W.

Frontal Lobotomy
02-16-2006, 11:42 AM
The W I think got a lot of people giving it crap because of how big Forever was and Ol' Dirty not being in it. Still, it was a sick record. Chamber music had it going on, for sure. There were a couple of iffy tunes, but they creep into every record, though I bet some people think they the better ones on the record, heh. It was worth buying all the same, and that's what it comes down to.

Alcryt
02-18-2006, 07:38 AM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music 5/5 i love this song
02 : Careful (Click, Click) 4/5
03 : Hollow Bones 3.5/5 alright song
04 : Redbull ft. Redman 3/5 i think its ok
05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid 4/5 good song
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg 3/5 its ok
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) 4.5/5 nice 1
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas 4/5 good song
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes 3.5/5 after seeing the vid i like this song more lol
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) 2/5 i think this songs a lil cheesy
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes 4/5 i like this song
12 : Gravel Pit 4/5
13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus) 4/5 for jah world and 4/5 for clap

overall 4/5 good album

GENERAL WISE
02-23-2006, 07:21 PM
lyrics: 80%( WTF CLICK CLICK DOESN"T HAVE LYRICS)
Beats: 88%( WTF CLICK CLICK, GRAVEL PIT HAS DOPE BEATS)

Overall 84%
8/10 good

really good tracks(CLICK CLICK, Protect ya Neck,Hollow bones, I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP) and really bad tracks(Conditioner,Jah World, Redbull)

doesn't deserve to be one of Wu's Platinums...

M-E-T-H-O-D
02-25-2006, 01:30 PM
1 Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music - 4/5
2 Careful (Click, Click) - 2/5 - I don't know why some people like this track
3 Hollow Bones - 3.5/5
4 Redbull ft. Redman - 3.5/5
5 One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid - 4/5
6 Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg - 2.5/5 - Without the beat change I would have given it a 1/5
7 Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - 5/5 - GZA rips it at the end
8 Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas - 3.5/5
9 I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes - 5/5
10 Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - 3/5 - Very weak hook
11 The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes - 4/5 - Busta does well and I like the beat
12 Gravel Pit - 4,5/5 - Meth has a good verse
13 Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus) - 5/5 for Jah World, 3/5 for Hand Clap

joeheeley
02-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Gravel Pit did well over here in the UK got to to number 3 in UK top 40 singles chart and everyone was buyin wu wear , like every1 had a hoody or a shirt with wu on it , gravel pit made wu quite popular in the UK but cos they aint released another album in ages they aint enymore.
Redbull , Do u realy (thang, thang) , the monument , protect ya neck (the jump off) r the best songs on the W.

shaolin_danger
03-12-2006, 05:38 PM
It was a Good Album, but i heard a couple of people say it was better than Iron Flag, NO WAY!!! I like the album, but it was quiet not all there to be a str8 Wu-Banger. But at that time Wu alwayz coming out wit a different sound than the rest of the industry. So took sometime 2 adjust.

Fishscale
04-04-2006, 01:53 AM
Really? that's one of the best songs on the album, if not the best.

Do You Really-In my opinion would have been a great single...that song is fucking INSANE

JackOfHearts
04-15-2006, 01:18 PM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music 8/10
02 : Careful (Click, Click) 8.7/10
03 : Hollow Bones 7.5/10
04 : Redbull ft. Redman 9/10
05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid 5/10
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg 8/10
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) 7/10
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas 3/10
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes 4/10
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) 7/10
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes (wont sppear on my album :()
12 : Gravel Pit 9.5/10
13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus) 8/10

started off brilliant, slowed down a bit and finished nicely- better then both forever and iron flag btw.

8.5/10.

EVEN FLOW
04-15-2006, 06:20 PM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music 3/5
02 : Careful (Click, Click) 3/5
03 : Hollow Bones 3/5
04 : Redbull ft. Redman 3/5
05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid 4/5
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg 3/5
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) 5/5
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas 4/5- The greatest lyricist ever is so good with the Wu. The hook sucks though.
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes 5/5- this beat is taken so much. One of RZA's best.
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) 3.5/4-lyrics are good enough to give it that extra .5.
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes 2/5- Terrible.
12 : Gravel Pit 4.5/5- Beat is just a lil too fast and poppy fir the Wu, slowed down a little and it would be a classic.
13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus) 3.5/5- The cool sample and JR. Reid go together well. Lyrics are so so. I don't have Hand clap on mine.

Overall- 7/10.

Lyrics aren't as good, and no Wu tang CD is good without ODB on at LEAST 75% of it. I'm talking about the crazy Dirty so you can say he's not even on the LP. Meth is the best lyricist on the shit.

If you'r a Wu head, get it. If not, its not a must have.

diesel
05-07-2006, 01:21 PM
i think this is a great cd i give it 9.5/10

arto
05-10-2006, 09:08 PM
this is the one and only wu album i have. and i think it's bangin'. i think the sampling of the james bond theme on one blood under w is inspired. i love the beats on protect ya neck and careful, and i love the verses in gravel pit. i like i can't go to sleep, because my limited knowledge of rap music teaches me that not a lot of hip hop artists would do a song like that. i do think, though, that the guest appearances are a bit too many, especially snoop. i'll leave a more critical evaluation to when i know more wu albums, but right now the album gets a solid 8.7 from me.

my favourite tracks:

one blood under w - 8.8
protect ya neck - 9.1
gravel pit - 9.0 (extra points for the skit)

J-DON
05-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Forgot I already reviewed it here...

THE W
05-11-2006, 11:29 PM
i made a poll for this album.

drippie k
05-15-2006, 11:00 AM
i dont see why so many people hate on gravel pit, its damn cool song imo..sure it sounded more "commercial" or "pop" than wu usually does, but they still make it dope..

rzatugaW
05-15-2006, 11:50 AM
thw w is the best album of wu-tang clannn.....odb rip

Luther Large
05-15-2006, 03:50 PM
^^ i wouldnt go that far but to me it is a personal classic

my 2nd favorite wu album tied with 4ever and iron flag

tacle
06-11-2006, 07:01 AM
A sick album! better than Iron Flag.

abasi
06-11-2006, 11:29 AM
This is an alright album
The thing I didn't like about this album is that is felt like a compilation instead of a official wu album

I liked the feel of ob4cl, liquid swords, r236c, the gravediggaz, som, and killarmy albums they felt like a story instead of a bunch of songs thrown together on an album
With that said I liked hollows bones the best

tacle
07-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I think the production on this was amazin', you had all different type of songs on there, no songs sounded the same, one of the best ever.

ed-word
07-07-2006, 02:32 PM
the production was great, but um, how can i put it, they were too calm man, like compare it to 36 chambers it had that raw feel cuz of that raw rhyme delivery, dont know, it missed that chemistry that was on forever and 36 chambers, one blood boores me, chamber music was dope, careful boores me a lil bit, they could come on that trakc more hungry, hallow bones a classic track, the track with snoop was OK, the jump off also could be better, i cant go to sleep classic, let my niggas live a good track, but it misses that raw delivery, do you really was cool, but the beat didn't make me feel like it was a true banger like wu tang clan aint nothin to fuck with or triumph, the monument a great beat, love that song, gravel pit was cool, great chours, u god could come 10 times better on that track, jah world kinda bores me, the same like i cant go to sleep, production wise a classic album, beats like chamber music and careful had THAT wu sound, but mostly mc were too calm, still a banger

Leo Angel
07-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Sorry but I think it's the worst album of Wu-Tang Clan, Production is so unorganized. Sometimes grimey (like in Let My Niggas Live), sometimes kinda funky (Redbull or Conditioner) or commercial (of course in the Wu-Tang manor:), like in Gravel Pit). Lyrics were dope, like in other Wu-Tang albums. My favourites are Gravel Pit (sorry, Meth and Ghost rip it:spin: ), Redbull (classic Red, Meth & Ins collabo), Chamber Music (GZA!!), Do You Really (banga!!) & I Can't Go To Sleep. Some songs are average for me, like Hollow Bones, One Blood, Conditioner, The Jump Off or The Monument. I hate Careful (you gonna hate me now...) and I don't like beat on Let My Niggas Live. Overall it's 7,5/10 album IMO.

tacle
07-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Sorry, thats what i love bout this album, different type of music on there, makes the album sick no doubt.

Marc051
07-08-2006, 03:54 AM
best Wu-Tang album after 36 Chambers

famenchuan
07-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Bang this album almost every 2 weeks.

Wallabee_God
07-15-2006, 09:23 AM
the first wu album i bought, classic!!!

the silencer
08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
wut i dont get about this album is..when you have a group with 9 fuckin members in it, why u gonna put all these guests on the album???

thats takin away verses from the clansmen....this album aint bad but it cooda been waaaaay better without the guest appearances and a few more verses from the generals...

NinjaBlakk
07-20-2007, 01:22 AM
its amazin'.. i'm reading this thread.. and most cats ((not all)) talkin bout how they didnt like the guest appearances on the W..hmm.. aside from snoop's verse.. which wasnt whack ..((it just dont mesh wit WU and blame RZA for that.. cause the beat was ..decent..not awesome..))..nas, redman's and busta's verses outshined the wu's verses.. nas stole it on "let my niggaz live".. redman.. ((who is practically wu fam now anyways))...fuckin ripped it..him and meth is like ghost n rae.. and on "the monument" busta killed it.. by far the best verse on the whole album!!!

yall cats talkin like they had 10 non wu niggas vibin on the joint.. .nah.. im glad they had bus, red and nas on there cause they actually kept the album lyrically fresh and peaked my interest..their guest shots are one of the reasons the album was as good as it was... hell nas was already the first CLASSIC non wu member to be on wu lp from back in '95.. .."verbal intercourse" from the cuban linx album

it makes me wonder.. how many of you "wu heads " in here were actually down since their debut.??.Like me.... i'm hearing alot of you cats talkin bout your first wu album was the w..or iron flag.. or even killa beez. its like most of yall cats seem to be post wu 1997 niggaz.. nothin wrong wit that.. but knowing that helps me explain some of you guys tastes and understand some of your comments..

Billy Danzenie
07-20-2007, 01:31 AM
favorite songs

I Can't Go To Sleep
Redbull
Conditioner
Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) was ok
Let My Niggas Live

Come Honor Face
07-20-2007, 04:18 AM
its amazin'.. i'm reading this thread.. and most cats ((not all)) talkin bout how they didnt like the guest appearances on the W..hmm.. aside from snoop's verse.. which wasnt whack ..((it just dont mesh wit WU and blame RZA for that.. cause the beat was ..decent..not awesome..))..nas, redman's and busta's verses outshined the wu's verses.. nas stole it on "let my niggaz live".. redman.. ((who is practically wu fam now anyways))...fuckin ripped it..him and meth is like ghost n rae.. and on "the monument" busta killed it.. by far the best verse on the whole album!!!

yall cats talkin like they had 10 non wu niggas vibin on the joint.. .nah.. im glad they had bus, red and nas on there cause they actually kept the album lyrically fresh and peaked my interest..their guest shots are one of the reasons the album was as good as it was... hell nas was already the first CLASSIC non wu member to be on wu lp from back in '95.. .."verbal intercourse" form the cuban linx album

it makes me wonder.. how many of you "wu heads " in here were actually down since their debut.??.Like me.... i'm hearing alot of you cats talkin bout your first wu album was the w..or iron flag.. or even killa beez. its like most of yall cats seem to be post wu 1997 niggaz.. nothin wrong wit that.. but knowing that helps me explain some of you guys tastes and understand some of your comments..

Really? I thought that was one of Busta's worst verses ever! It was imo the worst verse on that album.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Love Chamber Music & Jump Off, but most of the album just seemed a bit messy to me. Never really grabbed me and I rarely listen to it now.

I find some of it slightly boring if I'm honest.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
12 : Gravel Pit | The beat is real dope! Unfortunately the chorus is pop. And that brings down the grade. - 4/5

ok, I don't get it? cuz the chorus is pop, u aren't giving this track 5/5? man, this track has a cool hook!!! all three verses good too (meth got a simple one, but its still a cool one)....u know that almost all Wu singles got hooks, right? from CREAM to Camay to Gravel Pit...

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-20-2007, 05:31 PM
nothin wrong wit that.. but knowing that helps me explain some of you guys tastes and understand some of your comments..

wtf??? damn, only three of your posts I seen, and all of them pissed me off

RoBoT TaNk BeSt Mc!
07-22-2007, 07:13 PM
i think it was average at best

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-22-2007, 10:41 PM
ok, I don't get it? cuz the chorus is pop, u aren't giving this track 5/5? man, this track has a cool hook!!! all three verses good too (meth got a simple one, but its still a cool one)....u know that almost all Wu singles got hooks, right? from CREAM to Camay to Gravel Pit...

Difference is, Cream had a grimey hook, Gravel Pit's one is cheesy as fuck.

HarlemDiplomat
07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Classic IMO. This is when I started getting into Wu-Tang heavy...

2L8Lit da croatianMC
07-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Bangaa! 8/10

Psydeffect
07-23-2007, 09:44 AM
8/10

Jeru
07-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Banger

Hollow Dartz
07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
People don't appreciate shit, this album is dark and grimey, but ya'll don't appreciate it. Only 4 guests appearances so where is all this too many guest shit coming from? And the only reasons the lyrics ain't on the same level as forever because when u white fan boys started listening ya'll didn't understand the lyrics so they toned it down. (Rae stated that numerous times). This is a great album, I'll review later.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Don't hate on me, man. I was a kid back than, and I'm still a kid, right? My first 'wu-album' was Return to the 36 Chambers.....and matter-of-fact, Forever is so deep that even other races didn't understand everything at the first 10, or even 100 listens...like what race u r even cares, man....don't act like a hip-hop all knowing G.O.D. just cuz u black

u were being racist back there...stop doing that...it ain't nice, man

Hollow Dartz
07-23-2007, 11:10 AM
Don't hate on me, man. I was a kid back than, and I'm still a kid, right? My first 'wu-album' was Return to the 36 Chambers.....and matter-of-fact, Forever is so deep that even other races didn't understand everything at the first 10, or even 100 listens...like what race u r even cares, man....don't act like a hip-hop all knowing G.O.D. just cuz u black

u were being racist back there...stop doing that...it ain't nice, man

I'm not acting like shit, I'm just keeping it real, that's why they brought down the lyrical content.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-23-2007, 02:34 PM
ok ok, I'm not trying to act wild and mad and try to fight with you...its just, ... ( listen to my theory )just cuz white people listen to rap, they shouldn't downgrade their lyrics... they did it to be more commercially appealling - that's also why there are guest spots on the W and that's why they have a Kay Slay track on it (which I don't love, but then again, I really don't hate it either...) -> matter of fact this is their most commercial appealling group album....not bad, but I feel like some tracks were really only to get new fans, by some new beat styles and shit like that, pop hooks ( Gravel Pit, Do You Really )

That's the reason y The W isn't high up there with the Forever album for example. On the forever they were true to their fans, and they tried harder.

And I also wanted to say, if the white people never liked hip-hop, there wouldn't be no Beastie Boys, no Steve Rifkind also (so where would Wu be now?)

ok its a little confusing post, but I think u smart enuff to get my point :)

Hollow Dartz
07-23-2007, 02:43 PM
ok ok, I'm not trying to act wild and mad and try to fight with you...its just, ... ( listen to my theory )just cuz white people listen to rap, they shouldn't downgrade their lyrics... they did it to be more commercially appealling - that's also why there are guest spots on the W and that's why they have a Kay Slay track on it (which I don't love, but then again, I really don't hate it either...) -> matter of fact this is their most commercial appealling group album....not bad, but I feel like some tracks were really only to get new fans, by some new beat styles and shit like that, pop hooks ( Gravel Pit, Do You Really )

That's the reason y The W isn't high up there with the Forever album for example. On the forever they were true to their fans, and they tried harder.

And I also wanted to say, if the white people never liked hip-hop, there wouldn't be no Beastie Boys, no Steve Rifkind also (so where would Wu be now?)

ok its a little confusing post, but I think u smart enuff to get my point :)

They shouldn't downgrade the lyrics but they did for ya'll. How are the guests spots commercial appealing, everyone that featured is hardcore niggaz, NAS, BUSTA, REDMAn, Snoop Dogg. Wtf u mean? LOL at itr's the most commercial appealing album with 2 radio tracks. lol ur last paragraph has nothin to do with the topic.

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 02:54 PM
If the crowds at the shows I go to are any idication, a large portion (large meaning over 50%) of Wu's fan base is white.

They Wu may have changed their lyrics for their white fan base, but let's not get carried away and think the Wu are spending countless hours agonizing over catering to white people. That is far from the truth. Not saying anyone has suggested that, but what I'm saying is anything they have done for the white audience is very insignificant in the big picture.

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Guest spots are commerical appealing in my opinion b/c Snoop Busta and Nas are all hughly Commercial artists...Maybe not so much Redman. Nas, Busta and Snoop are names the non rap fan knows...Everyone knows Snoop Busta and Nas, hell my parents know all three.

I don't think adding those 3 translates to huge sales commercially for a group like the Wu, but I can see how it can viewed as a move to get some commercial appeal.

Hollow Dartz
07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
If the crowds at the shows I go to are any idication, a large portion (large meaning over 50%) of Wu's fan base is white.

They Wu may have changed their lyrics for their white fan base, but let's not get carried away and think the Wu are spending countless hours agonizing over catering to white people. That is far from the truth. Not saying anyone has suggested that, but what I'm saying is anything they have done for the white audience is very insignificant in the big picture.

This is Wrong, The Whites BUY the albums, the Wu have a large black fan base full of O.G.'s. Don't alot of niggaz go to the shows anymore. I've been to one Wu-Tang concert, Most niggaz will go to one.
Who the fuck said that? For this album they did that shit.

Guest spots are commerical appealing in my opinion b/c Snoop Busta and Nas are all hughly Commercial artists...Maybe not so much Redman. Nas, Busta and Snoop are names the non rap fan knows...Everyone knows Snoop Busta and Nas, hell my parents know all three.

I don't think adding those 3 translates to huge sales commercially for a group like the Wu, but I can see how it can viewed as a move to get some commercial appeal.

This is dumb, everyone knows who wu tang is. so how can u saw that. Of couse lil kids may not know. But people know who wu tang are. lol are u white?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-23-2007, 03:30 PM
This is dumb, everyone knows who wu tang is. so how can u saw that. Of couse lil kids may not know. But people know who wu tang are. lol are u white?

I do not agree. People that listen to nowadays rap don't even know how much people are in the Wu or that Ghost is a Wu-clansman... some even haven't heard about the W ever...

about guest spots, u haven't counted in Junior Reid & Isaac Hayes...

and its strange, if they downgraded their lyrics for my skin color, why do I like all other three albums better? I just don't get it. its just dumb what u sayin

Hollow Dartz
07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
I do not agree. People that listen to nowadays rap don't even know how much people are in the Wu or that Ghost is a Wu-clansman... some even haven't heard about the W ever...

and its strange, if they downgraded their lyrics for my skin color, why do I like all other three albums better? I just don't get it. its just dumb what u sayin

It's not dumb. If they thought you would understand them better thats dumb? Lol , are you from USA?

Punch
07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
People don't appreciate shit, this album is dark and grimey, but ya'll don't appreciate it. Only 4 guests appearances so where is all this too many guest shit coming from? And the only reasons the lyrics ain't on the same level as forever because when u white fan boys started listening ya'll didn't understand the lyrics so they toned it down. (Rae stated that numerous times). This is a great album, I'll review later.

You crazy? There's probably twice as many white Wu fans as there are black, and that's been from the beginning.

And what accounts for the rappers that are big in the black community? Do they all have deep lyrics? Do any of them?

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
i unfortunately had a good response too all this when my computer crapped out and I'm way too lazy to retype it.

i will quickly say that commercial might be the wrong word, maybe cross over appeal....which snoop and busta certainly have....many casual hiphop fans love snoop and busta...

I also never suggested that they were included on the W for this reason, I was saying due the fact they do have that appeal I can see someone arguing that point.

Also, for as many people who know Wu, there are more who know Snoop and Busta.

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 03:58 PM
I still disagree that the Wu have more black fans than white. But that's a topic we could debate on forever and never know the answer to, so why even bother?

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 04:04 PM
If the "whites" buy the albums.....I wonder how many whites had to buy Forever and all their early shit to make it multi platinum....that's an awful large number of whites who are wu fans...who apparently had no issues with the lyrical content on Forever. Otherwise why would the "whites" (who are buying the albums) buy all those copies?

Just b/c Rae says something doesn't make it true either.....

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I clicked on your link, you have quite the Wu cd collection....Only a white boy would by that many cds...

Hollow Dartz
07-23-2007, 04:21 PM
You crazy? There's probably twice as many white Wu fans as there are black, and that's been from the beginning.

And what accounts for the rappers that are big in the black community? Do they all have deep lyrics? Do any of them?

LOL in the beginning there were more black Wu fans than white, when forever dropped thats when it started to shift.

dude you are white, alot of white ppl don't know who wu are i can't even discuss this with you. lol

I clicked on your link, you have quite the Wu cd collection....Only a white boy would by that many cds...

Is this a diss? There are black ppl on this website who ow more than me. And I own more shit than you do, but i could see you saying ur a true wu fan. lol it's all good with me

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Please try to follow along.
You made the argument that "the whites BUY the album."
I was pointing out, that you, obviously not white BUY a lot of albums. As do all people regardless of color.

Also, as I stated, if you followed your argument that Whites BUY the album, you would have to come to conclusion that the majority of Wu fans are white b/c the Wu have sold a lot of albums.

I'm 31, been a fan since 92. If I don't like the album I don't buy it. I have lots of Wu cds, not nearly as much as you. I have seen them several times though and if you add the prices of all those tickets it would be a good $300 easy.
I've met and spoken with Ghost and Theordore, also met Rae and INS.

There are alot of different things that make a good Wu fan, not simply just buying a lot of cds...

Punch
07-23-2007, 04:37 PM
LOL in the beginning there were more black Wu fans than white, when forever dropped thats when it started to shift.

Hold that LOL
While it was much more balanced, in the beginning there were just as many white fans as black fans, if not more even then.

I'm 31 also, been listening to Wu since I bought the Protect Ya Neck single, knew who The Genius was already from Come Do Me, I knew what was going on back then.

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I've got that single on cassette tape too, with the other version of Methond Man and the dirty Protect Ya Neck?

Punch
07-23-2007, 04:45 PM
^yeah the Home grown version with the extra verse, I guess it was a demo. I don't know if I bought the cassette or vinyl first, probably cassette.
I bought it because I had heard Method Man on a mixtape and really liked it. I think my friend bought Da Youngstas lol

DNasteee
07-23-2007, 04:48 PM
yea I got the tape. I saw the video to Protect Ya neck on Video Music box first then the next weekend Flex debuted Method Man and I knew I had to have the album.

I actually heard Da Youngsta's on my XM radio the other day, I liked that one song they had with Treach on the chorus lol.

Punch
07-23-2007, 05:24 PM
yea I got the tape. I saw the video to Protect Ya neck on Video Music box first then the next weekend Flex debuted Method Man and I knew I had to have the album.

I actually heard Da Youngsta's on my XM radio the other day, I liked that one song they had with Treach on the chorus lol.

Video Music Box! That was the shit back then. Ralph Mcdaniels, Crazy Sam(was in the Shimmy Shimmy video)and the dope intro to the show with the clips of Prince and Bruce Springsteen for some reason.

Crews Pop was the name of that Youngstas song I think, definitely a cool song back in the day

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-24-2007, 09:02 AM

I still don't know how all black people knew everything about forever, and the white people didn't AND than the black people kinda stopped listening before the W hit? wow, your posts r very idiotic...u a stan believing that Rae quote was about US, white people,....It was about business...

Dr Sleepwalker
07-24-2007, 01:16 PM
hollow bones

DR. NICK RIVIERA
07-24-2007, 05:23 PM
hollow bones

is a nice track, yes

Hollow Dartz
07-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I still don't know how all black people knew everything about forever, and the white people didn't AND than the black people kinda stopped listening before the W hit? wow, your posts r very idiotic...u a stan believing that Rae quote was about US, white people,....It was about business...

I just said that shit in my previous post can u read? And I never said white ppl didn't. And if YOUR BLACK and was born in the early 90's you knew who WU TANG WAS. You're white how u expect them to know who wu tang are, my school is mostly white they dont know who wu tang are.

DNasteee
07-25-2007, 01:15 AM
In the early 90's me and my white friends all knew who Wutang were. What can I say, your fuckin' school suked then...like 70% of Wu's fan base is white, deal with it already...
you contradict yourself in every other thread you post, you shouldn't even be allowed to write shit, you make no sense....take some more pics of your cd's clown.

DNasteee
07-25-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm not even coming back in this thread to read your shit, write what you want...I'm done....

Hollow Dartz
07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
In the early 90's me and my white friends all knew who Wutang were. What can I say, your fuckin' school suked then...like 70% of Wu's fan base is white, deal with it already...
you contradict yourself in every other thread you post, you shouldn't even be allowed to write shit, you make no sense....take some more pics of your cd's clown.

I'm still in school lol, I'm 17. You really can't read, I said most of wu fans are white now.:list:Read.

Hollow Dartz
07-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I Never got to review

Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music - I usually don't rate Intros but this is a song really, Gza and Method killed this shit. 4.5/5
02 : Careful (Click, Click) - Street Music right here, I love how Ghost starts his verse, he says some wild shit. The video is funny too. 4.5/5
03 : Hollow Bones - I fucks with this track. Ghost kills this shit with the flow and lyrics, Raekwon and Inspectah are nice additions. 4.5/5
04 : Redbull ft. Redman - Redman came and did his thing, Inspectah finished it off nicely. 4.5/5
05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid - Masta Killa Freestyled the second verse? 4.5/5
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg - LOL alot of niggaz don't like this track, but this is hot right here. 4/5
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - This is my cousins favorite track off this album, Gza and Method ripped it again. 4.5/5
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas - This shit is hot too, Nas doesnm't come weak at all. 4/5
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes - I love how Ghost starts his verse off.... 4/5
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - A Lil banger nothing too special. 4/5
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes - Whoa, Busta rips this shit. 5/5
12 : Gravel Pit- Classic Wu shit 5/5
13 : Jah World- I'll give it a 4 because of the second song 4/5

Lyrics 4.5/5
Beats 4.5/5
Overall 4.5/5

How could you say this is a commercial album, when all the guests are Hardcore Mc's? Of course they are known but listen to the tracks they on, they spiting hardcore shit. They only have 2 radio tracks on here. This album brings back that 36 chambers dark feel, alot of cats don't appreciate it though, oh well theres only one Wu-Tang Clan album left. They only toned down the lyrics because niggaz didn't understand Forever. It wasn't an industry issue, you think Wu would water their shit down after that long of not doing it. LOL Ya'll crazy...

Jizzoex
08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
This is a great album IMO. I have recently grown to like the Monument. I love how GZA comes in and then hesitates with the beat a little bit. Short track, but great.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
08-03-2007, 05:29 AM
yeah I like the Monument also...and I think Busta's verse was good on it too, nuthin special, but certainly not wack...

Jeff-The-Chef
08-12-2007, 11:29 AM
this is the only wu album i dont got and i cant find it....good reviews. ill look for this album

bad boy T
10-02-2007, 08:16 AM
The intro is sick
9/10 for me and I'll give Iron flag 8/10

Durag
10-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Dissapointing. Its good, but a serious dip in quality from their previous albums. Guests are fuckin pointless. Still, not as bad as Iron Flag

shinobi4227
10-02-2007, 09:07 AM
Banger.

The 13th Jewel
10-02-2007, 11:48 PM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music - 5/5 Great opening. Beats out of this world.
02 : Careful (Click, Click) 5/5 - Love the dark, martial arts like beat.
03 : Hollow Bones - 4/5 Ghost and Rae at it again. Ohh ohhh
04 : Redbull ft. Redman - 3.5/5 I wouldve liked it better if the beat was a little less annoying. Red shines on here(even if Im not that big of a fan of his, he does quite well with the rest of the Wu rather than just Meth).
05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid - 4/5 I like it, it does run on a little too long, but Im a big reggae fan, and this has a bit of a dark reggae vibe to it.
06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg - 2/5 - Weak track. Snoop has no place on a Wu track. How can this be a sequel(im assuming) to Black Shampoo? Reminds me of Ice Cream part 2. However, it is salvaged by the last part. GZA tears it.
07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - 5/5 Fam track, just great, simple as that.
08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas - 4.5/5 Rae and Nas, with a good beat. Shouldve been longer.
09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes - 5/5 One of my favorite all-time Wu tracks. Politically motivated consious track. Isaac, I love ya, but you didnt contribute anything good on this track, comes off kinda corny, but i can live with it. Still gets a perfect rating from me.
10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - 1/5 Terrible, filler track. Shouldve been on a Meth album. Skip this.
11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes - 2/5 Skip this too. Wasn't feeling it.
12 : Gravel Pit - 4/5 Back back and forth and forth...Its not a dark song, its a goofy kinda feel good Wu song.
13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid - 5/5 Lord Im crying for forgiveness, I love this closing track. Ghost shines with that dark reggae vibe again.
13.5 : Hand Clap (Bonus) - 1/5 Shouldve tossed this bonus track, and put it on "Unreleased" where it belongs.

Overall - 8.5/10 Banger but not a classic, but comes real close, minus a few throwaway tracks. This is last really good Wu album and it always have a special place, up there with "36" and "Forever". Whoever thinks IF is better, needs to listen to this album 10 times in a row, you'll get it. Its got good beats overall, lyrical delivery on point, and some experimentation.

Dominus Santorini
10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Nothing lower than a 4 out 5 for me. I've listened to this album exactly one million times, which is only a fraction to how much I've listened to their debut and sophmore joints

bad boy T
10-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Pretty sick album beats Iron Flag

6what131
10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
1.Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music-10/10
2.Careful (Click, Click)-10/10
3.Hollow Bones-8/10
4.Redbull-7/10
5.One Blood Under W-10/10
6.Conditioner-4/10
7.Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off)-10/10
8.Let My Niggas Live-7/10
9.I Can't Go To Sleep-10/10
10.Do You Really (Thang, Thang)-5/10
11.The Monument-6/10
12.Gravel Pit-7/10
13.Jah World-8/10

THE W
10-15-2007, 05:48 PM
i've never given a track by track review on this so....

chamber musik 10/10
careful 10/10
hollow bones 10/10
redbull 8.5/10
one blood under W 10/10
conditioner 7/10(this has grown on me to be a decent track. i still think snoopdogg should not have been within a 100 mile radius of a wu-tang clan album recording session)
the jump off 9/10
let my niggaz live 10/10(dissappointing that people dont like this song)
i cant go to sleep 8/10(only on the strength that i LOVE "walk on by" otherwise this a pretty lazy track)
do you really 10/10(probably my favorite joint on the album, a quality "commercial" oriented track)
the monument 10/10(dont understand why people aint feeling this)
gravel pit 9/10(yet another quality commercial track)
jah world 8/10

*bonuses*
yes yall 10/10
clap 7.5/10

again, a dopeass fuckin album. would've been even better if the clan showed up lyrically.

the silencer
10-15-2007, 09:24 PM
i love The Monument.....beat is fuckin bangin..

i gotta do a full review of this at some point in the near future...the whole album is a real experimental type Rza sound but it works perfect and comes off as "originality" instead of experimental....i imagine 8 Diagrams being kinda like this album..i hope so at least

claaa7
12-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Intro/Shaolin Finger Jab (5/5)
Chamber Music (4/5)
Careful/Click Click (5/5)
Hollow Bones (5/5)
Redbull (4/5)
One Blood Under W (5/5)
Conditioner (3/5)
GZA Intermission (5/5)
Protect Ya Neck/The Jump Off (4/5)
Let My Niggas Live (4/5)
I Can't Go To Sleep (5/5)
Do You Really (4/5)
The Monument (4/5)
Gravel Pit (5/5)
Jah World (5/5)
Clap (4/5)

[B] Overall: 4.5/5

GhettoGnom
12-06-2007, 11:28 AM
01 - Chamber Music (4.5/5)
02 - Careful/Click Click (5/5)
03 - Hollow Bones (4/5)
04 - Redbull (4/5)
05 - One Blood Under W (4.5/5)
06 - Conditioner (3.5/5)
*Yes Y'all (4.5/5)
07 - The Jump Off (5/5)
08 - Let My Niggas Live (4.5/5)
09 - I Can't Go To Sleep (5/5)
10 - Do You Really (Thang, Thang) (4.5/5.. one of the worst tracktitles ever)
11 - The Moment (4.5/5)
12 - Gravel Pit (4.5/5)
13 - Jah World (5/5)
*Clap (2/5)

Overall - 4.5, great album.

Jeru
12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
great album

Bucellito 136
12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
great album
best track : protect ya neck the jump off; chamber music; jah world; i can't go to sleep

Paranoid
12-06-2007, 07:43 PM
01 - Chamber Music (5/5)
02 - Careful/Click Click (5/5)
03 - Hollow Bones (5/5)
04 - Redbull (5/5)
05 - One Blood Under W (5/5)
06 - Conditioner (4/5)
07 - The Jump Off (5/5)
08 - Let My Niggas Live (4/5)
09 - I Can't Go To Sleep (5/5)
10 - Do You Really (Thang, Thang) (5/5)
11 - The Monument (5/5)
12 - Gravel Pit (5/5)
13 - Jah World (5/5)

this album is basically classic...

Such an underatted album by some of you...and the guest appearances are good artists...why do you complain. and just for the record...Gravel Pit is fucking classic. That beat is fucking amazing and they all rip it to shreds. Those are easily one of meth, ghost and u-god's best verse and their flow is in top notch. Just because theres some singing in it you say its "attempt at commercial" or some bullshit and automatically hate on it because theres singing. You're fags, and i bet you bump that shit and dance to it when youre alone.

claaa7
12-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Gravel Pit is fucking classic. That beat is fucking amazing and they all rip it to shreds. Those are easily one of meth, ghost and u-god's best verse and their flow is in top notch. Just because theres some singing in it you say its "attempt at commercial" or some bullshit and automatically hate on it because theres singing. You're fags, and i bet you bump that shit and dance to it when youre alone.

i like gravel pit but it would have been better without the singing, not that I have a problem with good sung vocals (like on Stick me 4 my riches, e.g.). but the girl on "gravel pit" doesn't even sound good.

camron4589
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
this album is phat but for some reason i cant get into let my niggaz live.

bad boy T
02-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Dope album the intro is a nice touch at the begining

Asasasin
02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
this album is ok but nothing compared to others

SG
02-16-2008, 03:02 PM
I wanted to say WACK but can't.....satisfactory

What they all have done, I could never say they are WACK....PEACE

andy_gza
02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
LOVE this cd. Maybe 3 tracks I don't adore. but the rest are absolute bangers.
Just wanna add, Shaolin finger jab may be the most underrated hip hop track of all time!! it is possibly my favourite on the album. When I first played it, this track got me right into a "fuck! The Clan really are back!" mood

claaa7
02-22-2008, 09:31 AM
LOVE this cd. Maybe 3 tracks I don't adore. but the rest are absolute bangers.
Just wanna add, Shaolin finger jab may be the most underrated hip hop track of all time!! it is possibly my favourite on the album. When I first played it, this track got me right into a "fuck! The Clan really are back!" mood

are you talking bout Chamber Music or the 40-sec. snippet of Shaolin Finger Jab that appears on the album. I'm still mad at RZA for ditching that track which sounds like an absolute Wu-classic.. it haven't even got to the hands of J-Love yet.

andy_gza
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Ah damn I meant Chamber music, Although I know exactly what ya sayin about the intro beat

RAHILL
02-23-2008, 10:31 PM
The W is my favourite Wu Tang album, for sentimental reasons above anything else. It was the first Wu Tang album that I bought, and there aren't IMO many better. I listen to this alot more than Forever, because for all it's genius, it can be turgid to listen to sometimes, and it's a bit of a chore. But this one is so easy to listen to, some of RZA's best beats are on this.

And here's something else - why do people take issue with the guest appearances? Redman, Nas, and Busta Rhymes, each with quality verses, on a Wu Tang album. The RZA struck a nice deal there.

YUI SHOSETSU
02-24-2008, 02:12 PM
A good album with very strong songs, such as "I can't go to sleep", "hollow bones" and "1 blood under W". A classic rza!!!( not their best though)

Mic Tyson
03-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Gravel Pit is a tight song besides the corny hook. decent album

King Lizard
03-17-2008, 08:15 PM
The W was ok. I agree with 9th Warrior that is was better than Iron Flag, but it was not better than Wu Tang Forever. My favorite song was Careful (Click, Click), followed by Redbull and Chamber Music.I like Hollow Bones and I Can't Go To Sleep.

TSA
03-17-2008, 08:21 PM
W was a tight album now that i look at it, i don't own it, but 97% of the songs listed are flame.

at one point (before i had heard any pre 1999 Wu) i though The Jumpoff was the illest rhyming a group could ever do.

boy was i in for a suprise.

Maccabee Ridah
05-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Good album, but I think that previous albums overcomed this one, at least in my case, so 6/10

Fright
07-28-2008, 08:57 AM
of course they overcome this, but you cannot compare this to previous albums, this is 8.5-9/10

sarr
07-28-2008, 09:00 AM
ide say between average and a banger

anybody that says classic is dick ryding

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-28-2008, 09:11 AM
1. Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music - 10/10
2. Careful (Click, Click) - 10/10
3. Hollow Bones - 9/10
4. Redbull - 7/10
5. One Blood Under W - 10/10
6. Conditioner - 4/10
7. Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - 10/10
8. Let My Niggas Live - 7/10
9. I Can't Go To Sleep - 10/10
10. Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - 6/10
11. The Monument- 7/10
12. Gravel Pit - 5/10
13. Jah World - 8/10
(Clap 4/10)

8/10. Something like that anyway. I felt it tailed off after I Can't go To Sleep. This album has some great songs, but could have been better if a few were replaced.

Maccabee Ridah
07-28-2008, 08:41 PM
^^ Yo, what do you find bad bout Gravel Pit...?!?!?

GhettoGnom
07-28-2008, 10:43 PM
^^Word... Gravel Pit is a classic.

TheWolf
07-28-2008, 10:47 PM
8/10
Really like this album. Particuarly the darker sounding tracks.

to compare.......

36: 9.5/10
Forever: 10/10
Iron Flag: 5/10
8 Diagrams: 7.5/10

Fright
07-29-2008, 04:37 AM
gravel pit is really dope track!i love it

TheWolf
07-29-2008, 08:08 AM
The worst thing about The W is that they added Clap on the end. Jah World is the perfect way to end.

LuckyTheWonderDog
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
^^ Yo, what do you find bad bout Gravel Pit...?!?!?

The hook drives me mad and I really like a whole song, so find it very difficult to look past a horrible hook to enjoy verses. Otherwise it's a lively enough tune, but wouldn't have been my favourite even without the chorus.

Senator C. Palantine
11-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Let's discuss it.

What do you like about it?

What dont you like about it?

Everyone knows that 36 and Forever are classic. 8D and Iron Flag are either shit or decent depending on who you ask.

But what about The W?

Personally I love its dark feel.

IMO.....

Great Tracks: Chamber Music. Click Click. Hollow Bones. One Blood. Let my Niggas Live. Cant Go to Sleep.

Good Tracks: Redbull. The Jump Off. Gravel Pit. MC Conditioner.

Average Tracks: The Monument.

Wack Tracks: Do you Really. Clap.

I know people wont agree, but please try to let us know your opinions without calling me a fag.

Yes I do prefer Conditioner to The Monument.

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-06-2008, 07:25 PM
[quote=Senator C. Palantine;1374154
Great Tracks: Chamber Music. Click Click. Hollow Bones. One Blood. Let my Niggas Live. Cant Go to Sleep.

Good Tracks: Redbull. The Jump Off. Gravel Pit. MC Conditioner.

Average Tracks: The Monument.

Wack Tracks: Do you Really. Clap.

I know people wont agree, but please try to let us know your opinions without calling me a fag.

[/quote]

well you just forgot to include the best track on the album - Jah World. So you lost homie lol.

The W >> 36 chambers, Forever.

Senator C. Palantine
11-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Oops.

Jah World was meant to be in 'Great Tracks'.

Why did the put Clap after it though.

Jah World was the perfect way to end the album.

Shogah
11-07-2008, 09:59 AM
why do people here always hate on Do You Really?
I find that song quite banging. It just doesn't fit with the rest of the album.

NinjaBlakk
12-28-2008, 05:03 AM
i love The Monument.....beat is fuckin bangin..

i gotta do a full review of this at some point in the near future...the whole album is a real experimental type Rza sound but it works perfect and comes off as "originality" instead of experimental....i imagine 8 Diagrams being kinda like this album..i hope so at least

unfortunately 8 diagrams turned out to be a lame attempt at a wu comeback album..siiigh

NinjaBlakk
12-28-2008, 05:06 AM
this album is phat but for some reason i cant get into let my niggaz live.

WHOA!!!! damn you juss stopped the party and everyone staring at you..LOL!!!

GhettoGnom
12-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Jah World was meant to be in 'Great Tracks'.

Why did the put Clap after it though.

Word, worst track decision ever.

tymoney
12-31-2008, 12:27 AM
I love the album, but there are some weak songs. Let My Niggaz Live has the most unbearable beat of all time, IMO. Hollow Bones gets annoying because of all the singing. Protect Ya Neck 2000's beat pisses me off, and I think they were far from their best on that song lyrically. MC Conditioner could have been better, but it was still good. The rest of the album is great.
what let my niggas live got a bangin beat

tymoney
12-31-2008, 12:31 AM
this albums classic 4 sure. you forgot to mention that lil interlude wit gza and deck that shits hype as fuck

Ticallion
01-01-2009, 03:06 AM
The Jump Off is one of my favorite hip hop songs of all time

bart34rus
01-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Wu Tang Clan The Best!!!!!Who speak russian?My English is very bad

Shitty Brainz
01-05-2009, 11:42 AM
absolute masterpiece, 5 out of 5. not classic tho.
fav tracks are Careful, I Can't Go To Sleep, The Jump Off, Do Ya Really (mad beat on this one), and Jah World of course

Wu Tang Clan The Best!!!!!Who speak russian?My English is very bad
с новым годом!

bart34rus
01-05-2009, 03:51 PM
absolute masterpiece, 5 out of 5. not classic tho.
fav tracks are Careful, I Can't Go To Sleep, The Jump Off, Do Ya Really (mad beat on this one), and Jah World of course

с новым годом!

Тебя Тоже Брат С Новым Годом!!

Don Universo
01-06-2009, 02:00 PM
The W was a great album.The only song I really didn't feel was conditioner...Gza killed the hidden track joint though.
Clap is an ill track, I think that song was gettin you ready for the Iron Flag album...
By the way, stop hatin on the Iron Flag album, I think it was a little better than the W.
The W 8/10
Iron Flag 8.5/10
8 Diagrams 7/10

andy_gza
01-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Anyone else think Chamber music was a greatly underrated track? I love it.

For the sake of review:

1)Chamber Music: 10/10
2)Careful: 9/10
3)Hollow Bones: 6/10 (Fuckin moanin on the backin track)
4)Redbull:7.5/10
5)One blood under W:8/10
6)Conditioner:8/10 (just felt good to hear Osiris on the album)
7)the Jump off:10/10 (One of the WU's best ever tracks)
8)Let my niggas:live 7/10
9)I can't go to sleep:8.5/10 (Love hearing the emotion in Ghost & RZA)
10)Do you really:9/10 Can't stop moving when this track plays
11)The monument:6.5/10 (I'm a Busta fan but he brought nothing to this)
12)Gravel Pit:8.5/10 (THE single to rep WU in the charts)
13)Jah World: 9/10 (Nice melancholy track to end )

17th chamber born
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Anyone else think Chamber music was a greatly underrated track? I love it.

For the sake of review:

1)Chamber Music: 10/10
2)Careful: 9/10
3)Hollow Bones: 6/10 (Fuckin moanin on the backin track)
4)Redbull:7.5/10
5)One blood under W:8/10
6)Conditioner:8/10 (just felt good to hear Osiris on the album)
7)the Jump off:10/10 (One of the WU's best ever tracks)
8)Let my niggas:live 7/10
9)I can't go to sleep:8.5/10 (Love hearing the emotion in Ghost & RZA)
10)Do you really:9/10 Can't stop moving when this track plays
11)The monument:6.5/10 (I'm a Busta fan but he brought nothing to this)
12)Gravel Pit:8.5/10 (THE single to rep WU in the charts)
13)Jah World: 9/10 (Nice melancholy track to end )

agreed as far as chamber music goes!, loved it!
but i dont see why people cant get past the samples on hollow bones....one of my faves on tha whole album!!!

the whole album is a personal fav. of mine

Twiztid-Wutang
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)/Chamber Music: Great intro, Five deadly venoms samples ALWAYS set up the albums well. The following beat that Rza used is CLASSIC rza, The looped drum beat, great inner movie clips.
Then Meth says, ''We're back'' And indeed they were. This song was amazing, It seems like it could have fit in Wu Tang forever and was like a great re-introduction to the game for the wu. 10/10

02 : Careful (Click, Click): This beat to me was always so simple, But effective. I like the back and forth between the clan. Lyrically this was one of the best on the album. 8/10

03 : Hollow Bones: Wow, Amazing sample technique, that MANY have stolen from the Rza, From Kanye to the fucking Dipset. Rza shows how innovative he is. His samples and beats can be songs on their own. Raekwon/Ghost like always murdered this joint. But to me Deck was the shining star on this one, only because he isnt normally on these type of Wu tracks. 9/10

04 : Redbull ft. Redman: Literally the first co star on a Wu album that wasnt an affiliate, and for it to be Redman is a PERFECT choice. The man could be in the clan itself if they let him. The beat is a beat I could hear on a Redman album, and That fits. 7/10

05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid: I think that if the junior reid portion was shorter and not the epicenter of the entire song. But the beat is fire. Masta killa proved why hes so underrated on this joint.And he took a shot at 50, proving THAT Wu, ALWAYS schools his ass. This was also a tease that he was on his way to a solo album, They did the same for Meth on 36 chambers 7/10

06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg: I wont lie, This was a funny song when I first heard it. This beat is RZA ALL DAY, And Snoop brought back some of his doggystyle flow on here. And ODB, Wow. That hook is Vintage Dirty 7/10

07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off): I remember when I first heard this beat, I wasnt feeling it. THEN I heard them kill this track. Deck brought the heat he always does, and like rza said theres a reason he uses him to start most Wu tracks.Meth said one of his BEST lines ever, '''Bustin shots at big ben, Like I got time to kill'' Think about it 10/10

08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas: Not Rza best beat ever, But it worked for the story that was being told. Nas/Raekwon, Wow. 8/10

09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes: Though this beat has been sampled more than cheese at a grocery store. Rza brought a different feel to it. It sounded like Ghost was REALLY hurt and had insane emotion in his bars. Rza too. 9/10

10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang): This song was CRYING for radio play, but of course the radio is fucking retarded. So they slept on it. Street life, man, This dude is an amazing guest star on Wu tracks. Meth was Meth, Amazing. The beat is once again a perfect example of Rzas sample talent 10/10

11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes: Busta is so underrated its sick. And the beat was basic, But good. ''Splendid marksman that'll shoot the one of the dice, split a grain of rice in one shot to kill em twice'' WHO CAN FUCK WITH THE GZA. 8/10

12 : Gravel Pit: Okay, This is probrably the most controversial Wu song ever. And it is always debated what it means to Wus legacy. Some feel it was the beginings of Rza's ''Downward spiral'' into really odd styles. Some feel its merely another chamber. I feel it was an amazing track. It would get a 10 if it werent for the annoying hook 8/10

13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid / Hand Clap (Bonus): (Jah world) THIS IS WU TANG, It reminds me of Tearz, Impossible and was an amazing finish 10/10

103/130
In my opinion a much stronger album than ANYTHING in that year

Erap
01-26-2009, 10:22 AM
i was looking at the older post i know a few of ya changed ya mind about this since it came out cause i hear it now and this joint is classic material...banging beats way better than iron flag and 8diagrams

17th chamber born
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
12 : Gravel Pit: Okay, This is probrably the most controversial Wu song ever. And it is always debated what it means to Wus legacy. Some feel it was the beginings of Rza's ''Downward spiral'' into really odd styles. Some feel its merely another chamber. I feel it was an amazing track. It would get a 10 if it werent for the annoying hook 8/10

i gotta disagree with you on this one homie!!!, for me tha hook is what made the song a 10 for me!! of course around this time i was on WU overload...(playin shaolin style non-stop, while listening to tha album)......but even now when i listen to it, its a classic track.....and i LOVE the hook

Twiztid-Wutang
01-26-2009, 06:53 PM
i gotta disagree with you on this one homie!!!, for me tha hook is what made the song a 10 for me!! of course around this time i was on WU overload...(playin shaolin style non-stop, while listening to tha album)......but even now when i listen to it, its a classic track.....and i LOVE the hook

Thats cool, Its all respect, And that includes respecting other thoughts. One

17th chamber born
01-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Thats cool, Its all respect, And that includes respecting other thoughts. One

much luv........respect due

tommysparks
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
The W needed like 2 more bangas on it

wu tang 4 lyf
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
the w was a hard album with bad collabarations wid nas and redman i gets me to wake up in da mornin wid hits like jump off n triumph its good 2 smoke wu'z 2 n chill but not a classic but its still a dope album

17th chamber born
02-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Classic Banger

Pestilence
03-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Very good album, better than Forever or Iron Flag imo but falls short from a classic.

Chamber Music 5/5 Second best song in the album
Careful(Click Click) 4.5/5 Gloomy song
Hollow Bones 3/5 Nothing spectacular
Redbull 4/5 Redman fits in nicely, good beat, thumbs up
One Blood Under W 3/5 original song is good but the Junior Reid-chorus just doesn't fit in here at all imo, Masta Killa is good here but Junior Reid isn't :P.. should've cut last 1˝minutes off
Conditioner 4/5 I like Snoop in this one, misses something but still a good solid one
Protect Ya Neck(Jump Off) 5/5 Best one in the W and works well in every respect
Let My Niggas Live 3/5 Missing something
Do You Really 4.5/5 Yo this is a wu-banger..
The Monument 2.5/5 I didn't even remember what song this was, I guess that should say enough
Gravel Pit 4.5/5 Solid, but inferior compared to previous singles
Jah World 3.5/5 Depends on my mood how high I'm rating this one
(Clap 4/5 guess I'm only one liking this, chorus is wack though :P)

Overall maybe a bit better than song average so close to 4.5/5. :)

BGS
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Very good album, better than Forever or Iron Flag imo but falls short from a classic.

what you serious?

Mysta
03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
It's OK, I think... ODB & Snoop?

Fright
03-16-2009, 12:50 PM
This is a Classic Wu album, for me It's not better than Forever how someone states, i think it shouldn't be compared with previous Wu albums, look at it just like a third Wu album.

Gravel Pit is FIRE

03-17-2009, 05:52 AM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)|Chamber Music - 5/5 - classic|5/5 - classic

02 : Careful (Click, Click) - 5/5 - classic

03 : Hollow Bones - 5/5 - classic

04 : Redbull ft. Redman - 2.5/5 - average

05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid - 5/5 - classic

06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg - 2/5 - needs work

07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - 5/5 - classic

08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas - 5/5 - classic

09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes - 5/5 - classic

10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - 4/5 - slammin' - definite satisfaction

11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes - 3.5/5 - dope

12 : Gravel Pit - 4.5/5 - superior

13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid|Clap (Bonus) - 5/5 - classic|3.5/5 - dope

overall: 4.5/5 - superior

pmack215
03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
anyone ever read the interview by rza about "the W" where he revealed that the clan came to him and said they didnt want him spittin' on it?....they just wanted him to focus 100% on the production, and to let the generals control the lyrics and the cyphers. notice that rza only has 2 verses on the album....and they're on "cant...sleep" and "jah world", which are "different" kind of songs. (ya cant really count his "verse" from "jumpoff". that was really short. that was just like a "cameo" so that they had a cut that ALL 9 members were on.)
rza is my fave hiphop figure of all time (MC & prod.), but i gotta admit, this formula of limiting rza to production only worked really well. i love "the W" and think it JUST misses "classic" status.
also, i was always puzzled by the use of ODB on this album. he must've had plenty of recorded material. i always wondered why rza only used 1 of his verses???....and why would he put it on a song w/ NO other wu members.....pairs him alone w/ snoop??? never understood that.

Kingkazim
03-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Hollow bones, i cant go to sleep,careful,let my niggas live are all 5/5 tracks.
this is a classic album, just behind forever and enter.
Ghost killed this album with his shit on "cant go to sleep"

killabee313
04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
dope production an lyricz on point (az allwayz).I think itz dope az hell.My favz on this iz "One Blood Under W" & "Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off)".

New Hills 36
05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Better than the sum of it's parts? I fcking love this lp. But objectively some of it isn't that great (I must be one of the very few that loves Conditioner tho) but as an lp I'm totally into this and play it regularly.

Maybe it's a bit harsh highlighting some isn't that great without saying - some of this is as good as the Wu gets.

GhettoGnom
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
the w was a hard album with bad collabarations wid nas and redman i gets me to wake up in da mornin wid hits like jump off n triumph its good 2 smoke wu'z 2 n chill but not a classic but its still a dope album

:thumbup: :mmmyah:

Shogah
06-13-2009, 05:24 PM
01 : Intro (Shaolin Finger Jab)|Chamber Music - 5/5 - classic|5/5 - classic

02 : Careful (Click, Click) - 5/5 - classic

03 : Hollow Bones - 5/5 - classic

04 : Redbull ft. Redman - 2.5/5 - average

05 : One Blood Under W ft. Junior Reid - 5/5 - classic

06 : Conditioner ft. Snoop Dogg - 2/5 - needs work

07 : Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - 5/5 - classic

08 : Let My Niggas Live ft. Nas - 5/5 - classic

09 : I Can't Go To Sleep ft. Isaac Hayes - 5/5 - classic

10 : Do You Really (Thang, Thang) - 4/5 - slammin' - definite satisfaction

11 : The Monument ft. Busta Rhymes - 3.5/5 - dope

12 : Gravel Pit - 4.5/5 - superior

13 : Jah World ft. Junior Reid|Clap (Bonus) - 5/5 - classic|3.5/5 - dope

overall: 4.5/5 - superior

cosign, this review is on point.

I only thinkg that chamber music beat and one blood under w beat are uninspiring and average.

Do you really and monument have much better production but lyrically they fail

Literate Type Asshole
06-18-2009, 01:49 PM
anyone ever read the interview by rza about "the W" where he revealed that the clan came to him and said they didnt want him spittin' on it?....they just wanted him to focus 100% on the production, and to let the generals control the lyrics and the cyphers. notice that rza only has 2 verses on the album....and they're on "cant...sleep" and "jah world", which are "different" kind of songs. (ya cant really count his "verse" from "jumpoff". that was really short. that was just like a "cameo" so that they had a cut that ALL 9 members were on.)

he has a verse on careful too, making two long verses + careful + pyn, which is still more than u-god who only has one long verse + careful + pyn

4th Chamber
09-20-2009, 04:19 AM
Chamber Music - 4.5/5
Careful - 4/5
Hollow Bones - 4/5
Redbull - 4/5
One Blood Under Wu - 4/5 (Masta Killa is one of my favourites, but this should have featured other members of the Clan, especially since this album is so short and only features a few verses from each member)
MC Conditioner - 0/5
The Jump Off - 4.5/5
Let my Ni**as Live - 2.5/5
I Cant Go To Sleep - 3/5
Do You Really - 3/5
The Monument - 1/5 (I can't stand Busta!)
Gravel Pit - 2/5 (too commercial for The Wu, Flinstone shit)
Jah World - 3/5

Overall an alright album. Too many guest spots as everyone has mentioned and not enough Wu members. Only 6 tracks that I listen to on the regular, but that's more than Iron Flag. I really like the beats on this album, I think if all the instrumentals were given to someone like, say, Inspectah Deck, it would be a great solo album. I can really see him rhyming all over this album with a few Wu guest spots thrown in.

Djaminha
10-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Still can't stand this album, worst Wu album for me.