PDA

View Full Version : Easy Mo Bee Snubbed By 'Notorious BIG' Filmmakers

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Not only will there be no part in the film for the guy who produced “Warning,” “Gimme the Loot,” “The What” feat. Method Man, “Friend of Mine,” “Machine Gun Funk” and the title track, “Ready to Die" on BIG's first album, they have also withdrawn Easy Mo Bee from working on the soundtrack.

This film will be ASS. I can tell months ago it would be.

How are you not gonna have a part in the film about Easy Mo Bee, the dude who produced most of the Ready to Die album??

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2008/12/18/20756770.aspx

^^Full Story.

Prolifical ENG
12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Im pissed

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
true story

SL33
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
why r u guys surprised?? remember that 'Biggie Duets' album?? would he ever make any collabo with those artist if he was alive(with few exceptions ofcourse) ??? fuck no. his whole legacy is mistreated and wattered down... Method was right about that.

claaa7
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
real wack.... Easy Mo Bee played a big part in shaping the sound of "Ready to Die" and also for Bad Boy as a movement with Craig Mack's 'Flava in Ya Ear'.

Have y'all heard the track he and Big did for "Ready to Die" that got scrapped called "Watchu Want", the original version that is. Also the crazy track with Sadat X and Lord Finesse was supposed to be on there.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Lol the only way the 2pac biopic could be worse than this farce is if the role was given to Ja Rule and Uwe Boll was the director.

Afficial_Nastee
12-21-2008, 04:53 PM
This is some bullshit....

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
12-21-2008, 05:08 PM
real wack.... Easy Mo Bee played a big part in shaping the sound of "Ready to Die" and also for Bad Boy as a movement with Craig Mack's 'Flava in Ya Ear'.

Have y'all heard the track he and Big did for "Ready to Die" that got scrapped called "Watchu Want", the original version that is. Also the crazy track with Sadat X and Lord Finesse was supposed to be on there.

it is called "Come On"
the original version is the best......

Demo Version:
http://rapidshare.com/files/175603962/04-b.i.g.-come_on_feat._sadat_x__demo_version_-ftd.mp3

Unreleased Version(the best one IMO):
http://rapidshare.com/files/175605023/01-b.i.g_featuring_sadat_x-come_on_original_version-ftd.mp3

The One That Was Released Officially:
http://rapidshare.com/files/175604422/05._Notorious_BIG___Sadat_X_-_Come_On.mp3

claaa7
12-21-2008, 05:23 PM
^^ yeah no doubt, the unreleased version is the one that appared on "Rare Selections vol.2" from Finesse right?

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
12-21-2008, 05:36 PM
nah the demo version did I think the one i uploaded is from the vls single

claaa7
12-21-2008, 05:40 PM
^^ whoa didn't know they ever released a VLS for "Come On"?? ..was that on Bad Boy?

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
not sure you want it?

cap
12-21-2008, 05:54 PM
when is this movie coming out?

crds
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
That is wack and very wrong, give Mo Bee his due, this movie will suck donkey balls

ALCATRAZ
12-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Whoever watches this movie is not hip hop

BIG D O
12-21-2008, 08:48 PM
wow.......

i remember reading that he was workin on the soundtrack a month or two ago and now they wanna snatch that from him?

fuck that shit man......smh.....

ShaDynasty
12-22-2008, 07:33 AM
To be fair how much of this film do you think is actually going to be set in a recording studio? I don't think thats what the film is going for anyway. Its compressing someones life into an hour and a half; theres always stuff that gets cut out of biopics. That being said i'm sure there'll be a whole list of other reasons why the film will end up sucking.

cap
12-22-2008, 08:16 AM

lame

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 08:58 AM
The movie will be tacky and plastic.

Guaranteed son.

I can already tell from all the clips. A movie like this needs to be heavily stylised. it is not.

The most interesting thing about BIG was BIG himself. He was a extremely charismatic and drawing guy. Thats all they needed to focus on, his humor, and presence, which is all what being an MC is about.

I got a feeling theyre gonna concentrate on a load of bullshit around him though.

Which is disrespectful to the man.

BRONZBODY
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
The movie will be tacky and plastic.

Guaranteed son.

I can already tell from all the clips. A movie like this needs to be heavily stylised. it is not.

The most interesting thing about BIG was BIG himself. He was a extremely charismatic and drawing guy. Thats all they needed to focus on, his humor, and presence, which is all what being an MC is about.

I got a feeling theyre gonna concentrate on a load of bullshit around him though.

Which is disrespectful to the man.word son...if u gonna do it...do it right..i saw the preview last night and even my moms was like...this is gonna suck.

Koolish
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
this is the 2000s, the only reason anything big comes out is to suck the dick of some demographic and hoarde in quick millions.

this movie is for people who wish they knew about BIG.

staliondan23
12-22-2008, 04:21 PM

You're a douche..

I'm sure 90% of the people on this forum will end up seeing this if not in theaters then when it comes out on dvd..

This really isn't a surprise, they're trying to compile someones entire 25 years of life into an hour and a half long film...some people are going to be left out, im sure they're not going to get too much into detail about some things.. I would hope the film would be more about biggie the man rather then who all produced records on his albums...remember this is a movie about big, not a documentry on the making of ready to die..

do think the trailor looks a little tacky though, i thought they'd try to make the film look more grimy and stylish, kind of like an 8 mile. This looks more like a Get rich or die tryin.

staliondan23
12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I do wish Antoine Fuqua (Director of Training Day) would have stuck to directing the movie rather then George Tillman Jr. (Men of honor, Barbershop)

Prolifical ENG
12-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Although its disappointing that Easy Mo was snubbed and seeing the movie outlook is horrendous, I don't think his presence would improve the movie that much.