PDA

View Full Version : Does TIME exist?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Ever thought about this?

If you havent you should. Read bitches read theres alot out there on it.

This is a good place to start http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time

Time is a creation of man. Its a measure created by man. There may be something called duration. But the idea of time is just a tool for us to put things into context.

Now time is used by man for all types of things, Time is Money, people are paid hourly, weekly so on.

"Time is nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

But in essence, actually, maybe in fact everything does happen at once. And we just keep, in a sense, create layers upon layers.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Also Time Dilation phenomenom is something to consider in relation to what we view as Time.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Read Stephen Hawkings, A brief history of Time

TSA
12-21-2008, 06:59 PM
your first few sentences were dope then you started saying gay stuff, but yeah, the fact that time doesn't exist shocked me too, its all prespective in accordance to how fas one's traveling through space

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes but you said travelling thru space. Define.

Space is defined, I believe, as what is between point A and point B. That is the space, be it 5 inches from A to B, or 5 million miles.

Time, (as we have told to understand it) is defined as how long it takes us to travel from point A to point B.

Therefore, there is no Time before point A. In fact Time only exists once we reach point B.

Obviously our general view of Time is flawed.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Look at Ghostlaced trying to be intellectual.

Of course time exists.

It is 8:41 right now.

2 minutes ago, it was 8:39

Time was not created by man. Hours and minutes were, but even they are based on the cycle of a day.

The very physical make-up of the earth and the universe has changed because of the effects of...time

How else do you describe the period between 2 events?

THe 1600s and the 1980s were in the past. Without time, there would be no past, present or future.

All life is finite because TIME passes.

AND if even if time was created by man, that would make it real. Chairs were created by man. Does that make them false?

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-21-2008, 07:46 PM
Unless Popa Wu doesn't believe in time. In that case, there is no time.

TSA
12-21-2008, 07:50 PM
^LOL

einstein i think said that if you travel at the speed of light time stands still or is slowed down, i can't remember.

but space is point a to point b but we don't always travel to point b. i think there's a wall right next to me, it will be there if i go touch it or stay where im at.

SKAMPOE
12-21-2008, 07:52 PM
yes hes ma cuzzin blod cuzzin

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-21-2008, 08:02 PM
yes hes ma cuzzin blod cuzzin

Who is? Einstein? That would be nuts.

Popa Wu? That would be even cooler.

Whats your government name again, Skampoe?

SKAMPOE
12-21-2008, 08:19 PM
muhammed

RIINØ
12-21-2008, 08:23 PM
time is something the government created to get yo ass to work everyday

HANZO
12-21-2008, 08:24 PM
time is jus a measuring quantity. but in theory if the earths orbit around the sun stops then essentially in general time stops. but until that happens there is always time. as long as their is something moving there is time.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
muhammed

Muhammed Einstein Rodriguez?

ALCATRAZ
12-21-2008, 08:28 PM
the answer is an easy yes

Olive Oil Goombah
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
it only exists as much as an inch or a foot exist. Like HAN said, they are quantities of measurement.
Some call it the fourth dimension. ITs all relative to the viewer....Time slows down at higher speeds or if your in the event horizon of a black hole and you become frozen in time so to speak.

I mean, a year to us could be a blink of an eye to something else....but if there is nothing there to actually measure a 'year' does it even exist.

Time may only exist because we exist and how structured you are with time depends on how advanced an organism you are.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
time is jus a measuring quantity. but in theory if the earths orbit around the sun stops then essentially in general time stops. but until that happens there is always time. as long as their is something moving there is time.

You understand physics better than I do, but theoretically:

Even if the earth stopped orbiting the sun, human beings would still age, and after a certain duration, would still require sleep. It would still take a certain amount of "time" for someone to walk from point A to point B.

In distant galaxies, stars would be going through star cycles, etc etc etc.

Some form of time would always exist.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
it only exists as much as an inch or a foot exist. Like HAN said, they are quantities of measurement.
Some call it the fourth dimension. ITs all relative to the viewer....Time slows down at higher speeds or if your in the event horizon of a black hole and you become frozen in time so to speak.

I mean, a year to us could be a blink of an eye to something else....but if there is nothing there to actually measure a 'year' does it even exist.

Time may only exist because we exist and how structured you are with time depends on how advanced an organism you are.

See, an Inch and a foot do exist. Even if we never named them an inch or a foot, and even if human beings never existed, there would still be inches and feet.

We came up with the labels, but the exact distances between two objects would still exist.

Time is the same. Even with no humanity, universal processes would still occur.

HANZO
12-21-2008, 08:58 PM
You understand physics better than I do, but theoretically:

Even if the earth stopped orbiting the sun, human beings would still age, and after a certain duration, would still require sleep. It would still take a certain amount of "time" for someone to walk from point A to point B.

In distant galaxies, stars would be going through star cycles, etc etc etc.

Some form of time would always exist.

you are right, as long as something is moving in the universe time exists.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-21-2008, 09:05 PM
See, an Inch and a foot do exist. Even if we never named them an inch or a foot, and even if human beings never existed, there would still be inches and feet.

We came up with the labels, but the exact distances between two objects would still exist.

Time is the same. Even with no humanity, universal processes would still occur.

True. But without anyone there to measure them, do they exist really??

and what about before 'time' like @ the theoretically big bag?? does time go in reverse if there is a big crunch?

were does Time begin and if it has a beginning it must have an end right?

But what if it has no beginning or end can your really call it 'time'?

Cuz if you really think about it your basing time off of the movement of certain object right?

thats probably very confusing.

But how about the bending of space-time due to object of enormously large mass and how they warp things

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Time was not created by man. Hours and minutes were, but even they are based on the cycle of a day.

The very physical make-up of the earth and the universe has changed because of the effects of...time

Unfortunately LLcoolD you're throwing shots in the dark. Obviously you need to do more homework on subject.

You say 'even they were based on the cicles of the day', yes they were, but what does that prove? The earth has been spinning since before man decided to measure it with 'Time'. The Earth spins because of Gravity, not because of Time.

You say the 'effects of time' decided the make up of the universe and earth, no, exponential gravity against natural atomic repulsion shaped the universe, the measure called Time has nothing to do with it..

Even if the earth stopped orbiting the sun, human beings would still age, and after a certain duration, would still require sleep..

Again, this is veering into quantum physics but the effects of time dilation would effect this slightly on how much we aged. If the world stopped spinning (this of course is hypothetical, we would of course die) then our measures for Time would be out.

somethings you should watch

KHjpBjgIMVk

gdRmCqylsME

Eater
12-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Time is a tale told by an idiot to a fool, full of fury and signifying nothing!

Guarded By Martyrs
12-22-2008, 09:58 AM
True. But without anyone there to measure them, do they exist really??

and what about before 'time' like @ the theoretically big bag?? does time go in reverse if there is a big crunch?

were does Time begin and if it has a beginning it must have an end right?

But what if it has no beginning or end can your really call it 'time'?

Time in my opinion is man made...simply a measuring system.

But since we don't know when time began, meaning when the Big Bang happened...
Or when God created the Earth or when man divised this concept...
We wont know when it ends either, meaning it could cease to exist
When Mankind is no more.

It's the same principle as a tree falling in an abandoned forrest...
Does it make a noise if nothing is there to see & hear it ?

I awlays wondered if a child was born in a space ship...
Would they age at a slower rate ? bearing in mind there is no concept of time
And your are not travelling without moving around like those on Earth.

When someone says 100 years you straight away think how incredibly long that is
But if you had no concept of time, you could reatch this milestone without it being
A milestone...you would be none the wiser, could this be the Legend of Immortality ?

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 10:06 AM
True. Its similar to when a non AMerican says i was x amount of kg....or it was x temperature Celsius.

I have no concept of how heavy or warm/cold that is. So its basically useless to me.

The tree falling in the woods analogy is basically what this topic is all about. Stars, planets, etc. have no concept of 'time'...it is man made.

Its all measurement. Its like walking thru unexplored countryside and marking your path as you go along. In essence your measureing both time and distance by doing that even tho your only purpose is to find your way back.
So in a sense, maybe the measurement is purely coincidental and goes hand i hand with existence humans. Its just become more refined over the years.
Call it evolution, call it whatever u want.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
It's the same principle as a tree falling in an abandoned forrest...
Does it make a noise if nothing is there to see & hear it ?

No its not, thats quantum physics, like Shroedingers cat. As in the same way a quantum physicist would tell you that discovering Dinosaur bones does not prove that there were actually dinosaurs.

Quantum physics tell us something must be observed before it is in or out of existence. The cat in the box is neither dead not alive. You have to research quantum physics more to understand this.

I awlays wondered if a child was born in a space ship...
Would they age at a slower rate ? bearing in mind there is no concept of time
And your are not travelling without moving around like those on Earth.

Yes, but it depends on how fast the space ship was travelling or if it was travelling at all. Its all down to speed you are travelling to the observer. It has nothing to do with concept of time really.

A person who say, spent his whole life in a airplane circling the earth, would age a few nano seconds less than a person living on earth.

This effect is alot more considerable at faster speed closer to light speed.

But since we don't know when time began, meaning when the Big Bang happened...

We do...

The tree falling in the woods analogy is basically what this topic is all about. Stars, planets, etc. have no concept of 'time'...it is man made.

No, it is two different topics. One is existential philosophy, one is physics.

INF
12-22-2008, 10:23 AM
no

Visionz
12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
Does constant motion exist? As long as yes is the answer to that question then time exist.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
No its not, thats quantum physics, like Shroedingers cat. As in the same way a quantum physicist would tell you that discovering Dinosaur bones does not prove that there were actually dinosaurs.

I think you misunderstood where I was comming from.

I meant that if nothing is aware of the tree falling does it still make a sound ?
If you swap the sound of the tree falling with time,
And the the empty forrest with us...
Then really we are in no postion to make judgment.
It wasn't observed by anyone but does this stop the fact it happened, that it existed ?
Therefor it is similar in my opinion.

What I was trying to get at with the falling tree, was that if nothing hears it...
It still happens...and the same could be said for time.
Time existed before man grasped it and used it for his own purpose.
We just gave it a name and additions to it
But it wasn't born when man named it.
Man is arrogant in this sense...just because it hasn't been observed doesn't mean
It doesn't exist.

Yes, but it depends on how fast the space ship was travelling or if it was travelling at all. Its all down to speed you are travelling to the observer. It has nothing to do with concept of time really.

Of course it does...if your talking about how somebody ages =
It has everything to do with the concept of time...
Especially if you are saying they age differently to others in a different position.

A person who say, spent his whole life in a airplane circling the earth, would age a few nano seconds less than a person living on earth.

This effect is alot more considerable at faster speed closer to light speed.

Yes, the faster you go the slower time gets.

Reminds me of Heroes : someone who moves incredibly fast (speedster)
And a time traveller, when the time traveller stops time the speedster is not effected
Becasue they move so swift.

We do...

[COLOR=PLUM]If you say so...look at the other things I typed after that
People have different beliefs, split down the middle your gonna get different opinions
From a religious person and a scientifc one for a start.

No, it is two different topics. One is existential philosophy, one is physics.

One could say time is a man made phillosophy.

Ritter
12-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Everything that has a name exists.

But materially, it doesn't exist.

NoSaidDate420
12-22-2008, 11:23 AM
i don't mean to open up a whole other can of worms here, but if any of y'all have never taken psychedelic drugs maybe you should.
it won't answer your questions today or tomorrow, but maybe for a few moments (which will seem like a few lifetimes) you'll know what time it is.
i've seen seasons pass right in front of me sitting on the sidewalk. it sounded like wind, but there was none.
it's always haunted me.....if you see something, whether it's drug induced haulicinations or dreams....how can it not be real, on an ultimate level.
the kingdom of heaven in within. we all know the answers. we just gotta break through the amnesia.....

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Man is arrogant in this sense...just because it hasn't been observed doesn't mean
It doesn't exist..

Nothing to do with man's arrogance. Its to do with the madness of QP. Atomic resonance is the key issue here, until you understand that theres no point continuing this discussion about the Tree. All things have atomic resonance. The resonance is effected by the act of viewing it, fact. Nothing to do with arrogance.

Eater
12-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Time is a construction and illusion of the human mind.

There might not be an objective reality independent of the observer. Perhaps all this is just a zero-sum energy field which doesn’t even exist as a whole but appears to exist, including even space and time, only if one takes a perspective of some part of it (such as comes with the DNA). The DNA/Science perspective seems to have great consistency and utility, but maybe only if seen from that particular perspective!

dezmond
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry if im repeating, but...

"Time" is is how long it takes for th light reflected off of somethig to reach you..

You can look back in "Time" through a telescope to see the light that was not sposed to reach you for a while...

In principal that is time travelling...

ALCATRAZ
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
yall are diggin way too deep....it aint even half as complex as some of u are makin it out 2 b

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-22-2008, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE=GHOSTLACED;1426049]Unfortunately LLcoolD you're throwing shots in the dark. Obviously you need to do more homework on subject.

You say 'even they were based on the cicles of the day', yes they were, but what does that prove? The earth has been spinning since before man decided to measure it with 'Time'. The Earth spins because of Gravity, not because of Time.

You say the 'effects of time' decided the make up of the universe and earth, no, exponential gravity against natural atomic repulsion shaped the universe, the measure called Time has nothing to do with it..

Quit trying to be smart, it isn't your thing.

The word "time" was created by man. The concept of time obviously exists and has been proven over and over.

You say that the earth spins. The earths very rotation, as caused by gravity, is proof that time exists. The exact moment that the earth is on a different point on its axis, as relative to another point, proves the existence of the concept of time.

You can say "What if there was no gravity, what if the earth didn't spin, what if we didn't age...?" and it doesn't matter.

There is, it does, and we do.

That's the bottom line.

What if there were no dogs in this world? Well, they wouldn't exist. But fact is, they do.

Hypotheticals are cute, but I deal in reality.

As long as there is movement of any kind, there is time. And the universe is constantly in motion.

11th Chamber
12-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Time is a construction and illusion of the human mind.

There might not be an objective reality independent of the observer. Perhaps all this is just a zero-sum energy field which doesn’t even exist as a whole but appears to exist, including even space and time, only if one takes a perspective of some part of it (such as comes with the DNA). The DNA/Science perspective seems to have great consistency and utility, but maybe only if seen from that particular perspective!

you think you're smarter than you really are

Irondan basically said what I prolly would have said so just read his post retard

Guarded By Martyrs
12-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Nothing to do with man's arrogance. Its to do with the madness of QP. Atomic resonance is the key issue here, until you understand that theres no point continuing this discussion about the Tree. All things have atomic resonance. The resonance is effected by the act of viewing it, fact. Nothing to do with arrogance.

I'm not even gonna bother, you proved my point in the part underlined.

HANZO
12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
this has nothing to do with quantum physics. time is a quantity of measuring movement. its pretty simple. why complicate things??

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
LL Cool Dan You are obviously out of your depth here buddy, I think you should leave the discussion now, its for the best.

Youre begginning to sound ridiculous lol

http://images.nymag.com/daily/intel/20080926_palincouric_250x250.jpg

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sch/cn/v/v3/w838/1333443_400_300.jpeg

These arent hypotheticals, theyre scientific fact. Its also a fact that as you put it 'the concept of time' is impossible to prove. But its not a concept anyway.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 05:11 PM
this has nothing to do with quantum physics. time is a quantity of measuring movement. its pretty simple. why complicate things??

Yes, I have already said this more than once. People are bringing in quantum physics when it is not needed.

I'm not even gonna bother, you proved my point in the part underlined.

You wont bother because you dont actually understand what I said. If you dont know about atomic resonance, then go and read up on quantum mechanics, then come back to me.

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-22-2008, 05:15 PM
Oh Ghostlaced, this is almost cute.

Are you tired of being pigeonholed as an annoying hip-hop subforum poster? I like your schtick. It is your element, and you are good at it.

Big boy discussions are just a little over your head, but it is ok. Han, who has a background in physics set it clearly and concisely.

"Time is a way of measuring movement"

As long as there is movement, there is time.

There is nothing to debate.

You could try to be a KTL-fag about it, or you could just tuck your tail between your legs and go back to upsetting other white slavic kids by saying you like Wayne.

I think that is both amusing and adorable.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
LOL@ the direction this thread took which was inevitable because of the combo of ghostlaced and irondan

Sky Blue Danny Kid
12-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Me and Ghostlaced are best friends. We are always good-naturedly ribbing eachother (no homo)

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 05:23 PM
you just have to accpet there is a KTL ghostlaced, a hip hop shop ghostlaced, and a Wu Chamber ghostlaced.

I think you will find I said all the things Han said or whoever you mean before he said it.

I know all of that. I started the damn thread, and gave the A to B analogy of time is a measure of movement on the first page.

So I dont know why youre panicing and bringing in another poster called HAN who simply came in a repeated all of my posts, but with less words.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 05:24 PM
LOL@ the direction this thread took which was inevitable because of the combo of ghostlaced and irondan

No i dont beef it out with dan, because he gets me, no homo, so its impossible anyway.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 05:31 PM
im merely making a personal observation. No need for defense tactics or explanation. Back to the topic at hand.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 05:32 PM
you just have to accpet there is a KTL ghostlaced, a hip hop shop ghostlaced, and a Wu Chamber ghostlaced.

I think you will find I said all the things Han said or whoever you mean before he said it.

I know all of that. I started the damn thread, and gave the A to B analogy of time is a measure of movement on the first page.

So I dont know why youre panicing and bringing in another poster called HAN who simply came in a repeated all of my posts, but with less words.

i hadnt realized this. People always bitin your style ghostlaced. Buncha sharks swimmin around heres

TSA
12-22-2008, 06:45 PM
^desperate reach for 'allies'

TSA
12-22-2008, 06:49 PM
more proof to the relationship of time and light is the fact that alot of the stars in the sky don't exist anymore, they've been long gone for millenia but it takes light so long to travel to due distance that we're seeing what they were millions of years ago and in a few million years they will look like what they look like today while still being a million years 'behind'.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 06:52 PM
^desperate reach for 'alleys'

alley's huh?

http://www.buytaert.net/cache/images-vancouver-2004-vancouver-random-alley-700x700.jpg

TSA
12-22-2008, 06:53 PM
fixed.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 06:58 PM
haha ur such a fag..better fix the one in the other thread too that Wise just called you out on. you little brown turd you

TSA
12-22-2008, 06:58 PM
^hurt.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-22-2008, 07:02 PM
You wont bother because you dont actually understand what I said. If you dont know about atomic resonance, then go and read up on quantum mechanics, then come back to me.

Actually no, I think you failed in understanding what I said.

I said I wont bother because you failed to see the point you made yourself
In the post I underlined, for someone who knows Quantum Mechanics
That should have been childsplay for you ?

I said that man is arrogant in thinking he has contol and say over everything
It has nothing to do with Quantum Mechanics.

You made the point that man viewing such things effects it.
When I mearly pointed that out as being arrogant...back to the falling tree again.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Lets get into the Time as a dimension widely held idea. And build on it.

If you hold the idea that Time is just another dimension, the 4th dimension, then is it that strange to argue that, as another dimension, future events are 'already there', and that there is no objective 'flow of time'.

Imagine Time as an unchanging "Block". It is just there.

This is against the conventional view of Time as consisting of 'Past, Present, and Future'. With the past being unchangable, and the future unpredicatable and undefined. So as Time passes what was the present becomes the past, and then what was part of the future becomes the present. Moving to the future and leaving the past behind.

That conventional theory does not tie in with Einsteins theory of relativity.

TSA
12-22-2008, 07:24 PM
before continuing into dimensions, it has to be acknowledged that it's all theory, and not law or proven fact and thus why it's called quantum theory. even the theory of relavity isn't proven.

if you think about it 'the past' is just a memory of lights placement while it's moving and doesn't really 'exist' either.

that why you can't go back in time i think unless you found a way to move all light back to its placement at a curtain time, and not just the light around you, all that the universe consists of.

but if light is moving from A to B to C and your at B, A is 'the past' but since the light isn't there then it doesn't exist, just a mental picture you painted of were it was.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2008, 07:32 PM

if you think about it 'the past' is just a memory of lights placement while it's moving and doesn't really 'exist' either.

that why you can't go back in time i think unless you found a way to move all light back to its placement at a curtain time, and not just the light around you, all that the universe consists of.

but if light is moving from A to B to C and your at B, A is 'the past' but since the light isn't there then it doesn't exist, just a mental picture you painted of were it was.

Whoa. I like where that is going. I never thought of it like that.

Ill need to sleep on that one for now because I have stupid amounts of studying to do tommorow.

In the meantime have a look at this Japanese version of Stevie Wonder.

gP5xjNNIvMc

....and try and tell me that Time Travel isnt possible, all you need is a lot of heart, a good wig, the right face make up and a stage presence.

Olive Oil Goombah
12-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Time as we know it is man made. An observation of the movement of bodies based from our viewpoint. Absolute time is a guesstimation. If the universe has existed forever, than there is no time, just reoccuring events that happen in a chain reaction sort of way.

So what is Time?? a distance between two events or happening right? Its a dimension within our minds. You cannot really measure 'it' because 'it' doesnt exist.

What is a minute? Its sixty seconds right. Numbers...arbitrary symbols and units of measurement.

so you might say time is the space in between seconds, minutes, hours, days etc.

but those 'spaces' can be measured themselves.

Just as there is no space within 'time' there is no time within 'space'.

Suppose the universe Starts with the big bang....The universe is a small infinitely dense point. its explodes causing a chain reaction that is still occuring to this day.

http://www.crystalinks.com/bigbang2.jpg

Now how can you measure how long this took without numbers or symbols representing units of measurement? You can't unless you say.....rock was once here...is now here.

Basically, yes time exists within human existence because can measure it, and have the instruments (numbers letters symbols) to be able to measure it.

Guarded By Martyrs
12-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Lets get into the Time as a dimension widely held idea. And build on it.

If you hold the idea that Time is just another dimension, the 4th dimension, then is it that strange to argue that, as another dimension, future events are 'already there', and that there is no objective 'flow of time'.

Imagine Time as an unchanging "Block". It is just there.

This is against the conventional view of Time as consisting of 'Past, Present, and Future'. With the past being unchangable, and the future unpredicatable and undefined. So as Time passes what was the present becomes the past, and then what was part of the future becomes the present. Moving to the future and leaving the past behind.

That conventional theory does not tie in with Einsteins theory of relativity.

So if it is the 4th Dimension why does it have to be set in stone
Or a block as you put it ? I can understand that the idea...
But to say time already has a set date to end, would mean it had a start time too
I mean, to us time's end could be when the Sun ceases to burn.
But after this that would mean time stops ? without us does time still exist ?
Again eluding to the arrogance of man.

It's interesting because it would mean everything is mapped out already
If the future is set in stone...then the past would have been set also
Being that it was once the future...and therfor, what of the present
Like we are mearly pawns inside Time's script, therfor I was meant to type this
And had no control over what it was I typed.

At the same time it could be completly different, being another dimension in itself
It could easily just be a continuous timer either counting down or counting up
One having a desired set time to end and the other forever "ticking"
Untill our knowlegde of Time is gone like the lyrics from this song...

"Untill Mother Nature Gets Fucked By Father Time"

--Slaine

Shogah
12-23-2008, 01:18 PM
^LOL

einstein i think said that if you travel at the speed of light time stands still or is slowed down, i can't remember.

but space is point a to point b but we don't always travel to point b. i think there's a wall right next to me, it will be there if i go touch it or stay where im at.

yup. Time is relevant. Like that famous experiment which actualy wasn't real life exsperiment, but hypothetic situation, made by Einstein where there were 2 identical twins and one of them flew in outerspace. And when he came back to earth in like 5 years he realized that on earth it was like 30 years passed. So in different systems time passes in different intensity.

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-12-2009, 02:43 PM
See quantum entanglement.

this vid does a good job of explaining the basics

ja0UUKbVlhA

How can our notion of time exist, now that we know this?

LHX
02-22-2009, 08:46 PM
nice nice nice

this forum is like a breath of fresh air in a sewage processing facility

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA
02-22-2009, 10:05 PM
"ignite to the speed of light cause time to stand still" rza

"my minds brute force is known to blow time off cource" rza

Uncle Steezo
02-23-2009, 03:21 AM
in my theorem proving the existence of God i use quantum entanglement.

"God is Everywhere." and "God Knows Everything"
another thread.... another day...

i personally think that vid gets it wrong about space being an illusion. but we are talking about time right?

there is something that the proponents of time are missing.
a year is a full earth orbit. but as we get older, 365 days becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of your lifetime and as a result time flies by faster.

2008 came and went in about 4 months to me. we are already 20% done with 09
but on the other hand 12 months in prison on 23hr lockdown might slow things down considerably.

if time varies then does time have a measurable value?

1 second occupies the same amount of 4th dimensional space in the past and future.

in the present, 1 second can vary in length

Mumm Ra
02-23-2009, 06:26 AM
in my theorem proving the existence of God i use quantum entanglement.

"God is Everywhere." and "God Knows Everything"
another thread.... another day...

this is exactly the first thing that came to mind once I saw that video...

I haven't spent any of my free time studying up on quantum mechanics although it seems I'm going to have to........

Mumm Ra
02-27-2009, 06:06 AM
I was just thinking today
if you've ever tripped on mushrooms you'll know exactly just how subjective time can be
time went by so incredibly slowly I thought the clock was stuck

Ghost In The 'Lac
02-27-2009, 06:27 AM
Build more on time varying with age.

This hasnt been looked at enough, generally. But its basically proven right?

Fatal Guillotine
06-28-2011, 11:36 AM
up