PDA

View Full Version : LOL MTV cancels 50 cent Reality Show

food for thought
12-27-2008, 12:00 PM
December 24th, 2008 | Author: ------

Rapper, actor and overall entrepreneur, 50 Cent, is having his MTV reality show canceled after roughly one month on the air. After debuting on November 6 [click to read], The Money and the Power will be permanently shelved due to disappointing ratings. MTV Entertainment President Brian Gradenthe also cited the network's desire to find shows that better "reflect Generation 'Why Not?'óliving, working and playing on their own terms, 'adventure capitalists' if you will, pursuing a variety of thrill-seeking, 2.0, express-yourself enterprises."

Heading up MTV's line-up of virtually music-free programming will be Daddy's Girls. The show is a reality spin-off of Run's House and follows Angela and Vanessa Simmons. Reality-based programs such as College Life, Nitro Circus and Girls of Hedsor Hall will round out the programming schedule which was previously vacated by music programs such as Total Request Live [click to read].

Reported by Rashad Phillips.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
fuck 50

Afficial_Nastee
12-27-2008, 12:19 PM
fuck 50

I never understood all this hate towards 50 Cent, he's a decent rapper from NY who dropped a classic cd in 2003 , he fucked up when he dropped Curtis though, LOL who the fuck wants to make a track with that nsync boy?!
But anyway, he's a decent rapper who's way betta than all that Wayne, Jeezy, Rick Ross, Kanye, Flo-rida bullshit .....

Crack Killz
12-27-2008, 12:27 PM
50 sucks.. I personally think Lil Wayne is better then him...

food for thought
12-27-2008, 12:29 PM
lol all them niggas suck

iammzac
12-27-2008, 12:38 PM
MTV sucks

CharlesJones
12-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I agree with you Afficial Nastee. 50 Cent is a good rapper. I don't know why he gets so much hate either. I saw a little bit of his reality show. It was nothing special. He did fuck up when he did The Massacre and Curtis albums because those albums are wack. Power Of The Dollar album was ok and Get Rich Or Die Tryin is good. I wish he would make hard music again like those albums. I wanna check out his mixtapes because i think they're harder than his albums. I liked his Guess Who's Back mixtape. I didn't know he did a Guess Who's Back part 2 mixtape until i saw it at Amazon.com.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I agree with you Afficial Nastee. 50 Cent is a good rapper. I don't know why he gets so much hate either. I saw a little bit of his reality show. It was nothing special. He did fuck up when he did The Massacre and Curtis albums because those albums are wack. Power Of The Dollar album was ok and Get Rich Or Die Tryin is good. I wish he would make hard music again like those albums. I wanna check out his mixtapes because i think they're harder than his albums. I liked his Guess Who's Back mixtape. I didn't know he did a Guess Who's Back part 2 mixtape until i saw it at Amazon.com.

i don't hate 50 i hate what's become he thinks he's too nice

CharlesJones
12-27-2008, 01:59 PM
True that. You know that usually happens with most rappers. They get some success and money and they let that stuff go to their head.

CharlesJones
12-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Like Brand Nubian said, don't let it go to your head. Lord Jamar said on the song, cause one single don't make you the shit LOL. Cause when you release the album, if it don't cop, you gonna get dropped. I like Brand Nubian because they always speak some knowledge on their songs unlike these other wack dumb ass rappers who always rap about materialism, violence and sex.

Edgar Erebus
12-27-2008, 04:50 PM
MTV Entertainment President Brian Gradenthe also cited the network's desire to find shows that better "reflect Generation 'Why Not?'óliving, working and playing on their own terms, 'adventure capitalists' if you will, pursuing a variety of thrill-seeking, 2.0, express-yourself enterprises."

Goddamn I hate my own generation. Fuck everything. People were all worked up about yuppies back in the 90's, but we are DUH lowest, cheapest, emptyhead-est, impatient, shallow, fucked up scum ever. No wonder 50 sold such numbers, he suits us best.

And no wonder why Lil Wayne is so popular among teens now, I just look at the class of my bro and see why does he suit them. They're the generation of retards. Really, I don't think kids were ever dumber than now.

Tyler Durden
12-27-2008, 04:53 PM
With all of the shit reality TV shit out there I thought 50 would at least be able to pull off 1 full series. Im over the moon it failed.
What did he do on it, run around doing 'rich nigga shit?'

ALCATRAZ
12-27-2008, 05:25 PM
I never understood all this hate towards 50 Cent, he's a decent rapper from NY who dropped a classic cd in 2003

50 has never dropped a classic album period.

TGambino
12-27-2008, 05:26 PM
it was a alright show compared to the other reality shows especially mtv and vh1 reality shows but the casting was horrible they cast a bunch of unlikeable contestants that no1 cared about

TGambino
12-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Goddamn I hate my own generation. Fuck everything. People were all worked up about yuppies back in the 90's, but we are DUH lowest, cheapest, emptyhead-est, impatient, shallow, fucked up scum ever. No wonder 50 sold such numbers, he suits us best.

And no wonder why Lil Wayne is so popular among teens now, I just look at the class of my bro and see why does he suit them. They're the generation of retards. Really, I don't think kids were ever dumber than now.
smfh @ emo hip hop fans lmao this lil nigga got some bottled up anger

INF
12-27-2008, 06:22 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o!

Afficial_Nastee
12-27-2008, 08:33 PM
50 has never dropped a classic album period.

Wether you like it or not, Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is a classic , it's not that I like that cd that much but it sure had a huge impact and it got mad play all over the world and it wasn't that bad to be honest.

oLd_KaiNry
12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
MTV sucks

LOL theres nothing better than MTV when you baked and bored

funny ass reality shows *are the shit

oLd_KaiNry
12-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Wether you like it or not, Get Rich Or Die Tryin' is a classic , it's not that I like that cd that much but it sure had a huge impact and it got mad play all over the world and it wasn't that bad to be honest.

it changed the game period.

for good or bad it did

Edgar Erebus
12-28-2008, 07:20 AM
smfh @ emo hip hop fans lmao this lil nigga got some bottled up anger

See what I mean?

food for thought
12-28-2008, 11:56 AM
^ yea lol i feel you

Kenny Powers
12-28-2008, 04:02 PM
LOL @ this fourm, ppl calling get rich classic, but won't give stillmatic any credit...

Bg_Knocc_Out
12-28-2008, 10:57 PM
^ Who said we don't give Stillmatic any credit?

50's Get Rich or Die Trying, and Power of The Dollar are classics. Just because the common Hip-Hop head hates a successful MC, doesn't mean you have to agree with them based on word of mouth, check him out and then base your opinion. Alot of people don't understand his marketing. 5 out of like 18 songs on The Massacre were singles that were club hits, and are shitty if you compare those songs to "real hip-hop", as people call it, but the rest of the album was pretty dope. His word-play isn't the greatest, but it's above average, and you can't deny he knows how to put together songs, you can't hate the song "Many Men", and if you do, you are what the simple-minded teenagers call "a hater", hah.

Jin10304
12-28-2008, 11:19 PM
So a commercial classic for people who have lower standards.....

EAGLE EYE
12-28-2008, 11:39 PM
MTV is teeny bopper shit. If you watch it your a dickless FgT.

TSA
12-29-2008, 12:07 AM
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/Pimplegionrecords/Laguna7.jpg