PDA

View Full Version : Moment when you FELT the pure power of hip hop.

Shogah
12-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Vital think for understanding music is to be its contemporary.
I wrote this in hip hop section because i find this most relevant in hip hop.

I don't think that i will ever understand the full genius of, lets say 36chambers cause when it dropped i was like 3 years old.

People who were there when it dropped and people who listened hop in the 93 are the ones tha can truly know.

Its like when the christ ressurected lazarus. People who saw it, told him that they believe in God, and that he is Jesus Christ the son of God. He told'em that they will feel the ultimate power of god if they thrust him, and they did.
But its not same for being there on the place of happening and being here now in 2009 and beliving that jesus is son of God.

And being there when 36chambers dropped, or when illmatic dropped or when chornic dropped or when paid in full dropped is truly like being there when christ made all his miracles. Or being there when moses split the sea.

I know this cause i remember albums that were hot in 2001/2002 cause thats when i started listening to rap music. First rap i listened was serbian rap. Those were the times where serbia got it first real and recognized hip hop albums. The times when serbian rap got got mass apeal.
When i remember that times i feel like i felt the most ultimate, most raw power of hip hop. And when someone tells me those albums were not something i just tell em that i FELT.
I felt the most ultimate, most raw and pure power of hip hop. And they were not there, so they can not judge.

I just feel that if i wasnt in rap so much i wouldnt like most albums that are considered classics. I got illmatic cause i heard that it is classic and on the first run i was like its not something special". I wasn't feeling it. Then i started listening from start to end for like one and half year untill i realized how great it is.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-27-2008, 02:53 PM
OK can we add a "Cornyist Poster" to the WTC Awards for this guy.

oldie
12-27-2008, 03:08 PM
it is pretty corny but the time ive felt hip-hop the most was when i heard 36 Chambers back in like '03 when i got into the wu. ive never felt something like it when listenin to any other album....

Tyler Durden
12-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Its like when the christ ressurected lazarus.

???????????????
www.confused.com

TGambino
12-27-2008, 05:51 PM
someone ban this faggot

YungSunny
12-27-2008, 07:20 PM
When I first heard One Mic.
After the video went off I was like "Oh shit...."

SL33
12-27-2008, 07:34 PM
when rza said ''trust me son, trust me'' on the radio

-The A to the Z-
12-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Apologies, I came way too late into this rap business to feel it's impact.

Nothing significant's happened here since 2006, I don't believe.

buckshotstheone
12-27-2008, 09:20 PM
when lauryn hill won all those grammys, i woke up that night to the idea that this whole hip hop thing might actually be around for a while and that it was finally getting some acceptance

also when eminem hit big in 2000 and it seemed like everyone everywhere was bumping marshall mathers lp. i knew kids that only bumped hardcore metal that were LOVING eminem

Anubis5
12-28-2008, 07:02 AM
I've lost alot of faith in hip hop recently. It's not like I'm against the culture I love.. it's that the media is turning it into a lazy and rusted machine targeted at a specific demographic of 14 year old girls and people that love top 40 pop. There is no distinguishing differences now between rap music and N*Sync.

Even all the underground stuff I listen to is slowly rising into something it was never meant to become. When I hear something that makes me feel the power of hip hop again, I will let you know.

Edgar Erebus
12-28-2008, 07:23 AM
relevant

Začepi pederu

DRUNKENDRAGON
12-28-2008, 11:45 AM
When C.R.E.A.M dropped it was fucking bananas around my way.

da madface
12-28-2008, 11:57 AM
When I first saw "Last days" music video from ONYX..
The beat...the way they spit rhymes...that special style..grimey style..
Yeah...I can say I was amazed..
One of my best memories..

Watch it (http://onyxmadtube.com/video/play.php?vid=156)

DJMethods
12-28-2008, 12:02 PM
I was 13 at the time.

I awoke early on the saturday, the sun was shining, I had some grilled welfare cheese for breakfast, and I turned on TV to watch the music video programs. Then it happened, on came Britney Spears.

She was in that slutty school girl out, shaking her white girl ass and titties sining "Hit me baby". I flopped it out immediately, ravaging my penis with furious strokes reminiscent of Bruce Lee. I was about to bust.... WHEN THE SONG ENDED.

On came Eminem, rapping "Hi My Name Is" and I blew when he made that Spice Girls line.

From then on I loved hip-hop and never masturbated when I couldn't pause the image.

Afficial_Nastee
12-28-2008, 12:17 PM
^^^^

Lol

JEM
12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
probably a high point for me..was when i first saw the video to triumph

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-28-2008, 01:27 PM
I think this was it for me

http://data.tumblr.com/I2AT80QPYgffcakjNYhdV8wgo1_400.jpg

When I realised the possibilites of rapping genies, I knew this rap shit had crazy potential for effecting minds of the youth. Throw Shaq into that mix, power infinite son.

Sergio
12-29-2008, 04:47 AM
i have felt hiphop many times... I remember when i went to the hard knock life tour in MIA and Redman did his song from Doc 2000 and Busta came running out and performed his verse... I got the chills! Also when I first listen after years of hearing Liquid Swords, "Killah Hills 10304" Wow! When Nas came out with Stillmatic, the song "What goes around" the verse " it scientific, mistic... u know the earth and the stars, dont hestitate to say you heard it from NAS" the emotion and power he spit that verse really got me. More recently, last year I went through a divorce and the ho fucked me and that week I bought Kanye West Graduation and it really helped me with all the uplifting messages.

snapple
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
ive felt it a lot just off listening to records....being at the rocksteady jams....block parties....battles.....real battles not your barbershop bullshit.....a lot of live performences......watching music videos....hip-hop is a powerful form of music thats why i love it....and it's everywhere you look and listen.....

begongo
12-29-2008, 10:58 AM
the thread idea is great but the thread starter spread diarrhea all over it with his corny essay

I felt it numerous times, I basically feel it every time I hear krs shouting "real hip hop is over here"

Dirty Knowledge
01-01-2009, 04:23 AM
Priest on B.I.B.L.E....

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I was 13 at the time.

I awoke early on the saturday, the sun was shining, I had some grilled welfare cheese for breakfast, and I turned on TV to watch the music video programs. Then it happened, on came Britney Spears.

She was in that slutty school girl out, shaking her white girl ass and titties sining "Hit me baby". I flopped it out immediately, ravaging my penis with furious strokes reminiscent of Bruce Lee. I was about to bust.... WHEN THE SONG ENDED.

On came Eminem, rapping "Hi My Name Is" and I blew when he made that Spice Girls line.

From then on I loved hip-hop and never masturbated when I couldn't pause the image.

hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!

you have been repped!

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-01-2009, 12:42 PM
there are alot of moments for me but I must say that when Digable Planets won the Grammy for "Cool Like Dat" and Butterfly's speech about the homeless.............

BIG D O
01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I knew it was powerful waaay back when all them politicians were trying to censor it.....when they were saying it was too violent, contained too much mysogeny and was overall just negative.....lol.....they just didn't want people knowing what was really happenin' in the hood.....they wanted us in our place and they didn't want us gettin paid.....they didn't want white suburban kids understanding our struggle and identifying with our culture like their parents did with black soul music and the Beatles in the 60's and 70's.....

Frank Drebin
01-01-2009, 03:24 PM
No neighborhood is rough enough
There is no clip that's full enough

right about then in 1996