PDA

View Full Version : Here is a Fact for you Rip The Jacker Fans...

12weLvE
12-28-2008, 10:10 PM
From a Canibus Interview:

Is it true that you recorded the acapellas for Rip the Jacker and Stoupe added the beats? And is that the usual process for you?

That was pretty much out of pocket, but Stoupe pulled it off. Originally, the way the RTJ album happened, we did Mic Club and track number 10 I think it was, Liberal Arts. That track, Stoupe produced and it featured Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind Tricks. It was an incredible collaboration, but when I listen back to it, I didn't have time to correct it, but my vocals were a little bit off, because I rhymed directly on top of the beat. My timing on beat is impeccable, and I wasn't really pleased with the end product because it was off. The vocals were off. It was about a quarter beat or 1/8th slower than the track, and Stoupe and I spoke about it.

Chuck had introduced me to Stoupe originally, and Chuck proposed the idea of maybe having Stoupe produce a full length album. I liked what he did on Liberal Arts, and as long as he was able to synch the rhymes with the tracks that he was going to create, I would be totally cool about it. Stoupe and I sat down, we spoke about it. He took his time with the project and he did it, which is not an easy thing to do. To put my rhymes in-synch with a beat. If I give you an acapella, 9 out of 10 producers will synch it wrong because they can't keep up with the tempo of my rhyme, they don't know where my emphasis are on some words and syllables, they just get lost. Stoupe was able to pull it off for eleven tracks, which is very impressive.

http://www.artofrhyme.com/interviews/artist/Canibus/28/

Not sure how many of you knew this but CRAZY RIGHT!!!!

ALCATRAZ
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
i wonder if canibus checked stoupe for that

either way, i have been waitin for a stoupe solo project for more than half a decade....wtf is this nigga doin

Tecknowledgist
12-29-2008, 12:17 AM
already knew, but it's cool. haha canibus spit all those rhymes over a metronome

Metronome Man will never take commands from the drum
The beat is my slave and it will behave as I want

Rame
12-29-2008, 06:31 AM
LL still killed him.

-The A to the Z-
12-29-2008, 07:12 AM
LL still killed him.

Rip The Jacker is better than anything LL can hope to create.

claaa7
12-29-2008, 07:21 AM
^^ hell no, "Mama Said Knock You Out" - the album still shits on it.

Tecknowledgist
12-29-2008, 07:22 AM
"Mama said knock WHO out?
I'll punch that bitch in the mouth, 'cause she don't know what she's talkin about"

DJMethods
12-29-2008, 07:27 AM
LL still won.

"99% of his fans don't exist" ended everything.

Then canibus came back years later with a diss hahaha, fucking funny shit.

claaa7
12-29-2008, 07:27 AM
^^ yeah whatever, that album still shits on any album Canibus ever had or will put out.. oh, and Marley Marl >>>> Stoupe........

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-29-2008, 08:46 AM
See this is exactly WHY Canibus is wack. The man has no ryhtem or anything.

I cant believe you are all looking at this like its a GOOD thing

ahahahahahaah fuckign metronome, give me a break this is hip hop

DJMethods
12-29-2008, 08:50 AM
^^co-siggie 100%

Guarded By Martyrs
12-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Poet Lauterte II alone, is beyond LL's capabilities.

I find it laughable people are still trying to say LL won.

^^ yeah whatever, that album still shits on any album Canibus ever had or will put out.. oh, and Marley Marl >>>> Stoupe........

I'm just glad Stoupe is being mentioned in the same sentence as a Hip-Hop Legend.

Stoupe is on his own planet...his beats are of next matter.

As for Canibus...

His verse on "Desperados" shits on any verse LL ever put out or will put out.

See this is exactly WHY Canibus is wack. The man has no ryhtem or anything.

I cant believe you are all looking at this like its a GOOD thing

ahahahahahaah fuckign metronome, give me a break this is hip hop

You like Lil' Wayne, give me a break this is Hip-Hop.

-The A to the Z-
12-29-2008, 04:34 PM
No one's allowed to bring up the volume of LL's discography.

He spends half his album length licking his lips off-mic.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-29-2008, 05:07 PM
LOL @ nobodies thinking that saying someone listens to Lil Wayne, the hottest and most talented rapper in the game, is an insult.

Youre so out of touch with hip hop its quite pathetic really. You have no idea. Didnt Common just come out and say Lil Wayne was his favortie rapper right now? Yet another respected artist givign Wayne his props, and you think youre right?

Lol you listen to a rapper that that doesnt spit to a beat!!........and you think you know what makes a good rapper? ahahahahahaaa

........you listen to a rapper that that doesnt spit to a beat!!

Ritter
12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Canibus can lyrically DEVOUR anyone except Rakim.

Saying Lil Wayne is the most talented is stupid.

Saying Lil Wayne is the hottest is clearly gay.

THE MASON
12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
thats skill for a producer to match an Acapella to a beat, that shit aint easy

and

to make an acapella thats able to have a beat put over it takes skill, you gotta have a tempo in your own head.

Im sure lots of rappers have spit acapella, but to have a producer be able to match that is talent

Tecknowledgist
12-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Stoupe should be given credit for crafting beats around Canibus' lyrics without any input from Bis, and releasing the album to unanimously positive reviews. And Canibus should be given credit for stepping away from the "battle-emcee" image he had established with his previous albums and mixing his battle-raps with raw poetry and lyricism. No guest-spots, no bullshit. The end product is one of the most cerebral and well-done albums ever released in this genre. Regardless of his beef with LL Cool J.

Now with that aside, The Ripper Strikes Back was a good diss but it honestly can't fuck with 2nd Round KO. That's one of the best diss songs ever recorded. Rip the Jacker (the diss song) is on the same level as The Ripper Strikes Back, but 2nd Round KO is above and beyond. LL lost. The battle. He's still a master of the industry and his longevity will prove that.

But Canibus made him look bad.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-29-2008, 06:11 PM
It's quite obvious that Canibus fans are the most mentally challenged people in the world of fans.

Lets get some things clear for these psychopaths-

1. LL was a hip hop legend before Canibus, and he stayed a legend after Canibus. In fact after Canibus, his became even MORE popular, sold MORE records, and continued his career strongly to this day.

Canbis on the other hand, dissapeared to wherever he came from

Listen geeks, LL cool J is one of the few MC that defines, DEFINES what being a MC is all about. You think because this Bis fool spat out a few clever 'battle raps' means he got anything over LL?

Fuck your brain nigga. Bis didnt TOUCH LL. It was actually embarrasing watching this peasent try to get fame by attacking LL.

2. Rapping a whole album without a beat does not make you a good rapper. It makes you a very bad one. If you think otherwise you should just stop fooling yourself that you are actually a fan of hip hop or women.

You lack the vitamins and minerals.

Ritter
12-29-2008, 06:30 PM
It's quite obvious that Canibus fans are the most mentally challenged people in the world of fans.

Lets get some things clear for these psychopaths-

1. LL was a hip hop legend before Canibus, and he stayed a legend after Canibus. In fact after Canibus, his became even MORE popular, sold MORE records, and continued his career strongly to this day.

Canbis on the other hand, dissapeared to wherever he came from

Listen geeks, LL cool J is one of the few MC that defines, DEFINES what being a MC is all about. You think because this Bis fool spat out a few clever 'battle raps' means he got anything over LL?

Fuck your brain nigga. Bis didnt TOUCH LL. It was actually embarrasing watching this peasent try to get fame by attacking LL.

2. Rapping a whole album without a beat does not make you a good rapper. It makes you a very bad one. If you think otherwise you should just stop fooling yourself that you are actually a fan of hip hop or women.

You lack the vitamins and minerals.

1. I'm white.

2. You said it yourself, being clever is what it's all about. Are you now saying you were wrong?

3. Having good lyrics does make you a rapper, doesn't it?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-29-2008, 06:35 PM
^No, this is where you get stuck, having good lyrics does not make you a good rapper.

claaa7
12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
^^ co-sign, there's so much more too it than good or complex lyrics..

Tecknowledgist
12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
I like some canibus, i got that poet laeurete album (the one with stoupe producing allof it) and I know he does that because hes always adding that MIC club shit in hsi albums sleeve

might as well throw that album in the garbage now that you know it was rapped to a metronome. damn too bad, you liked that album too.

Ritter
12-29-2008, 06:47 PM
What else makes you a good rapper?

Your records sold? Your chains? Tattoos you bit from other rappers?

Your beats? No, bro, that's producer work.

Lyrics & delivery make an MC, and Canibus has both in stacks.

Jeru
12-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Judging the LL-Canibus battle I say LL won...hands down but RTJ is an album I put over any LL Cool J album any day...not trynna put down LL and everything he did for hip hop...it's just my opinion

The Lost Prophet
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Canibus had another diss track he did on tour...it was vicious and destroyed LL. "His wife is scared because she dont wanna lose her husband, and someone keeps pagen her puttin 4,3,2,1 in"...

Look, lets stop the bullshit. Artistically and how he affected the game, LL is better (though in my opinion Rip The Jacker was better than anything LL did. BUT LL is a legend, PERIOD). But that battle has to go to bis. That accapella diss song he did was too much. When it comes down to a battle, trading diss songs back and forth, its all about lyrics and delivery. Its NOT about prestige or song making (unless its a diss song towards that said rapper/mc).

What made the Nas and Jay-z battle so great was that it was the games best...and they went heads. But Nas is NOT a battle or hardcore lyrical MC (not rapper. ur right Ghostlaced, Lil Wayne is a great rapper but not a great MC) and (in my opinion) he still won (barely, maybe even a draw).

Personally I thought Bis won..."When he was making records like I Need Love, his homey cornell was given it to him up the butt, plus I heard Simone was a high school slut, and she learned how to fuck when she knew how to cuss, he married that bitch and had kids wit her, he's in big trouble, him and his man Russel (Simmons) make a better couple."

Ritter
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Ghostlaced, what's your favorite Lil Wayne verse. Or song. I know you have one. Just don't give me that shit 'there's too many'. Come through on this one. Lets make a decent debate.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
^

http://kothelegend.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/yungjoc.jpg

Tecknowledgist
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
@ The Lost Prophet.

It's not just Accapella, he put it to wax. The song is called Rip the Jacker.

WfhYYDy4Cz0

"If you want the last word, you can have it. I'M STILL ILLER"

Guarded By Martyrs
12-29-2008, 07:41 PM

Exactly^

LOL @ nobodies thinking that saying someone listens to Lil Wayne, the hottest and most talented rapper in the game, is an insult.

Youre so out of touch with hip hop its quite pathetic really. You have no idea. Didnt Common just come out and say Lil Wayne was his favortie rapper right now? Yet another respected artist givign Wayne his props, and you think youre right?

Lol you listen to a rapper that that doesnt spit to a beat!!........and you think you know what makes a good rapper? ahahahahahaaa

........you listen to a rapper that that doesnt spit to a beat!!
1st
:lmao: at calling me a nobody on a Hip-Hop forum...really "Why So Serious ?"

2nd
It's not Rocket Science or Quantum Mechanics...
I won the Backpacker Award and you won the Dickrider Award.

I couldn't care less what Common says about him, he's still shit.
Just like what KRS said about the battle, my opinion is my opinion...
If someone kicks some knowlegde as to why they think that I may be swayed
But bascially your argument isn't based on Lyriscm
Only the artist as a force and individual, not what they do when on the Mic.

And if meaning I have to like what you like, is me being out of touch with Hip-Hop
Then by all means I'm out of touch.

Like Dre said :

"Fuck Rap You Can Have It Back...So Where's All The Mad Rappers At ?"

Thats what I look for in general...Emcees who's lyrics are deep and vast
LL Cool J is not this, compared to Canibus anyway.

Said it before I'll say it again ~

LL : Professional

Canibus : Virtuoso

If anyone lacks the vitamins and minerals it's you.
You really have no clue, I listen to my shit and a handfull of yours
Who's "lacking" now ?
I get the best of both worlds, because I can appreciate the diversity.
You seem to disregard the potency of Canibus' rhymes, simply because LL is more popular ?
Lyrics >>>>>> Swagger, it's ok, some people have different opinions to yours, it's O...K.

While I tip my hat to LL for lasting so long, and yes-
There are a handfull of tracks as I mentioned I like by him
"Queens Is" is my shit for example.
But on the whole I don't feel him as much as any underground head.

Poet Laurete Infinity in my opinion proves the genius of Canibus
He is a lyrical machine, to which LL is not, and that is why I prefer Canibus.

I grant you he hasn't been as successful and he will be the first to admit it
But he spat verses that are simply beyond LL's ability.

vhhPAPRA0is&feature=related

"You Walk Around Showin' Off Ya Body Because It Sells
Plus To Avoid The Fact That You Ain't Got Skills
Mad At Me Cos I Kick That Shit Real Niggas Feel
When 99% Of Your Fanbase Wear High Heels"

Line for line Rhyme for Rhyme LL ain't seeing Canibus.
Even on LL's ground = Rip The Jacker is proof
That in the hands of a master, Canibus' material can stand side by side with anyone
In whatever element you wanna try and bring.

Considering I pretty much listen to rap for the lyrics...yeah
I think I know what makes a good rapper.
But all that means is I rate Emcees I like, their content, flow, delivery ect...
Ever thought though, just for a second-
That perhaps some heads might like rappers you don't ?
Because you don't like them doesn't mean they are no good.
LL is a decent rapper, just not my taste, and therefor Canibus from where I'm sitting...
Is far, far superior.

As for Holo...It's pretty clear he isn't your thing
(I mean you do rate Lil' Wayne as the best right now which speaks volumes)
The real heads know of his ability, meaning those that feel dope lyricism...
But this element seems to not be of any importance to you.

And as for spitting on beat...
60 Sec, 9th Prince even your beloved Ghostface do this at times
What important is that he pulls it off, and it's simply different from "The Norm"
I honestly don't know what your hearing, guess what, he's another Virtuoso...
He done ran through the chambers most are in today, I've been saying this for years.
And anyone that makes RZA & Ghostface look amatuer on a track deserves praise.
Not to mention the range of styles and voices he has.
The Robot Tank Thread is enough proof that heads feel him.
Just today I recieved a Warcloud Mixtape thanks to that thread.
And the material it holds is vintage and some of the sickest stuff I've heard in a long time.

Anyway...

You stay listening to your :
Gay, weak rhymes, sounding like he's taking a crap while on the mic, pop-hop artist
...Lil' Wayne.

And I'll bump this...

GG-wJaakkkM

The Lost Prophet
12-29-2008, 07:44 PM
@ The Lost Prophet.

It's not just Accapella, he put it to wax. The song is called Rip the Jacker.

WfhYYDy4Cz0

Unaware of this...even better

The Lost Prophet
12-29-2008, 07:53 PM
^

http://kothelegend.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/yungjoc.jpg

*;

Homo

Sgt Holly Wood
12-29-2008, 07:58 PM
canibus tore ll a new a-hole

2nd round k.o shits on cool j's entire catalog

niggas thinking the contrary are fucking pathetic, 4,3,2,1 was a cheap shot first off and bis ate that up and made him look like a homo in front of dudes that used to respekt him and even acknowledge him as the g.o.a.t, 99% of his fans currently wear high heels like bis said

fuck that nigga...... anyways i had read a lil bout the stoupe shit, good looks on the whole info

Sgt Holly Wood
12-29-2008, 08:04 PM
LL still killed him.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/966/2007050215132205nopeca6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Crack Killz
12-30-2008, 03:26 AM
LL still won.

"99% of his fans don't exist" ended everything.

Then canibus came back years later with a diss hahaha, fucking funny shit.

You do know LL Cool J didn't write that right? its um.. Ghost writers..

Eminem got accused of writing it.

Ritter
12-30-2008, 04:24 AM
whers' post is the truth. The hardcore truth.

Ghostlaced post is a pic of a rapper (who doesn't have a good track) touching his lips ordering haters (like me) to shut up.