PDA

View Full Version : Do children really need to eat meat to grow strong and healthy?

12-30-2008, 06:59 AM
PEACE

Please discuss

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Rhino, Elephant, Ox.

Examples of the strongest animals on Earth that never touch meat for as long as they live.

Case closed.

WARPATH
12-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Rhino, Elephant, Ox.

Examples of the strongest animals on Earth that never touch meat for as long as they live.

Case closed.

Yeah but they eat greens by the ton. Plus our children aren't rhino, elephant, or OX...........so

Case re-opened.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 12:09 PM
The question was do they really need (repeated- really need) to eat meat to grow strong.

Not to mention Shaq has also been vegan since he was born.

Case closed.

WARPATH
12-30-2008, 12:23 PM
The question was do they really need (repeated- really need) to eat meat to grow strong.

Case closed.

Animal Bi-Products is the real discussion here.

And yes babies need to be breast feed.

Vegans don't drink Milk. Kids that aren't breast fed are more likely to grow up and be criminals, dum shits, retardos and the like.

Case re-opened.

TSA
12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
i dont think so. I've heard that alot of ailments that humans get that animals don't such as headaches are rooted in the fact that we eat meat

WARPATH
12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
i dont think so. I've heard that alot of ailments that humans get that animals don't such as headaches are rooted in the fact that we eat meat

Or the fact that we don't drink enough water, or put some other shit in our system. You can get headache from sniffing a vegans fart.

TSA
12-30-2008, 12:27 PM
hahhahaahaahaahahaahahaa that too. humans are such abstract thinkers that we often loose sight of real thing we need to do for real money, like drinking water and eating correctly. Im not gonna eat processed food in 2009

Civilison
12-30-2008, 01:16 PM
i stopped eating meat when i was 13 and grew up very strong and without any health problems except unavoidable injuries. i've worked hard on contruction sites as a carpenter and have done a lot of phsyical labor in my life dont lack any strenght whatsoever if anything i seem to outshine ppl with my energy cuz my stamina is greater than lots of ppls.

Its a universal facts that vegetarians live longer, have lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and are overall more mentally positive and alive than meat eaters. also if you study the decomposure of humans after death meat eaters body take lots longer to decompose cuz of all the preservatives and shit they inject into meats.

Also, there aint 1 essential nutrient that's in meat that humans can't get from a plant source.

plus science simply shows that we are non meat eaters by nature. man had to eat meat throughout history for sure but our anatomic structures our teeth, intestine track and the nature of our whole digestive system resembles that of a frugivore gorrila! meat eaters have fangs and high acid concentrations in their gut, their guts are also short for quick evacuation of feces so the toxins in meat dont poison the animals body. horses and stuff like that usually have multiple stumach (we dont) and have other enzymes that break down grass and other plant matter. humans digestive track most closely resembles that of a gorilla which is frugivore/vegeterian by nature.

rza, masta killa, sean p and a whole other bunch of rappers dont eat meat. they big ass strong rapper dudes too. also a lot more ppl r interested in a meat-free diet these days and also if you wanna knwledge some real shit just reseach codex alimentarius.... these mafakaz r gonna poison the meats and milks to kill us. mafakaz gonna be forced to become veggies soon if shit will ever happen like that. the best way to get to a nation of ppl is poisoning their food and trust me when i say meat is 1# on the list. this is already happening on a small scale with all the shit they inject into animals.

keep building. lets keep our eyes open

PEACE!!!

Civilison
12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Rhino, Elephant, Ox.

Case closed.

plus the gorilla can bench press 4000 pounds g mwahahaha
but yea point is the strongest animals r vegetarian
and the strongest meat eaters get weak after they run a little although they have enormous strength while the energy last
its kinda the same in real life with humans that steak will build muscle quick and be energetic at the time being but overall it tires the body cuz its hard to digest and takes lots of life force away.
on the other hand a dish of beans and whole grains is also composed of heavy carbs and amino acids it might not give as big of a burst at first but in the long run it benefits your system better and takes less life force away. live raw fresh fruits and veggies dont take a lot of life force away at all. not cooked or tampered with in any way tho.
jus an analogy.... pz

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
12-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Case closed.

hahahaha.

Shaq has never been a vegan. I respect making up facts, but I can't believe nobody called you out on that.

He eats a lot of chicken and fish.

Either way, humans don't "need" meat to survive, but by nature are omnivores, so it makes the most sense for humans to eat a balanced diet in order to receive the proper balance of nutrients that they need.

Case closed.

Prolifical ENG
12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
i stopped eating meat when i was 13 and grew up

I was pretty much the opposite. I just never developed a taste for meat plus when your younger you dont have the teeth for it. animal biproducts are a different sory though

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
hahahaha.

Shaq has never been a vegan. I respect making up facts, but I can't believe nobody called you out on that.

hahaha

But the point is it doesnt matter whether Shaq is a vegan or not, he might be, he might not be, no one really knows (hes always been super-secretive about his eating habits since he was born), the point is he could be a vegan. No one could argue if he was.

I wouldnt.

And I usually do make a point of argueing with Vegan's. Theyre super easy targets because they usually get so weak and if you keep them arguing long enough they faint. I think the threshold is 4 minutes 30 secs before they pass out and they get lightheaded after 2. Lol its really funny.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
12-30-2008, 05:14 PM
hahahahahaha

Visionz
12-30-2008, 05:41 PM
humans digestive track most closely resembles that of a gorilla which is frugivore/vegeterian by naturegorillas naturally eat termites so they're actually ominvores

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
^a gorilla is a herbivore

whitey
12-30-2008, 06:37 PM
i stopped eating meat when i was 13 and grew up very strong and without any health problems except unavoidable injuries. i've worked hard on contruction sites as a carpenter and have done a lot of phsyical labor in my life dont lack any strenght whatsoever if anything i seem to outshine ppl with my energy cuz my stamina is greater than lots of ppls.

Its a universal facts that vegetarians live longer, have lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure and are overall more mentally positive and alive than meat eaters. also if you study the decomposure of humans after death meat eaters body take lots longer to decompose cuz of all the preservatives and shit they inject into meats.

Also, there aint 1 essential nutrient that's in meat that humans can't get from a plant source.

plus science simply shows that we are non meat eaters by nature. man had to eat meat throughout history for sure but our anatomic structures our teeth, intestine track and the nature of our whole digestive system resembles that of a frugivore gorrila! meat eaters have fangs and high acid concentrations in their gut, their guts are also short for quick evacuation of feces so the toxins in meat dont poison the animals body. horses and stuff like that usually have multiple stumach (we dont) and have other enzymes that break down grass and other plant matter. humans digestive track most closely resembles that of a gorilla which is frugivore/vegeterian by nature.

rza, masta killa, sean p and a whole other bunch of rappers dont eat meat. they big ass strong rapper dudes too. also a lot more ppl r interested in a meat-free diet these days and also if you wanna knwledge some real shit just reseach codex alimentarius.... these mafakaz r gonna poison the meats and milks to kill us. mafakaz gonna be forced to become veggies soon if shit will ever happen like that. the best way to get to a nation of ppl is poisoning their food and trust me when i say meat is 1# on the list. this is already happening on a small scale with all the shit they inject into animals.

PEACE!!!

than why is hydrochloric acid the main component of our stomach?

if we weren't intended to eat at least some meat we wouldnt need any acid in our stomach. it would all be an alkaline base.

Prolifical ENG
12-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Wasn't My First Timbs a researcher in digestive tracts? I remember he came here and explained how humans are the best example of an omniovore and everyone else retorted with a series of personal ad hominems.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Lol as if anyone can argue a human isnt made to eat meat.

What do they think our ancestors who had to hunt for food TO LIVE TO SURVIVE were doing? They were eating meat, because it kept them alive.

Thats why vegans are dumb and elitest. Think how many starving children in the 3rd world would love to have the chance to be a vegan.

Visionz
12-30-2008, 07:31 PM
^a gorilla is a herbivore
.........that eats termites.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Herbivores can eat small insects, its part of the description.

A pig is a omnivore. Humans are omnivores.

Imjusssayin...

Visionz
12-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Herbivores can eat small insects, its part of the description.

A pig is a omnivore. Humans are omnivores.

Imjusssayin...
interesting I've always understood it to be strictly vegitative diets.

Would vegans eat cockroaches and be cool with it??

ZERO people care about the death of a roach right?

diggy
12-30-2008, 08:47 PM
i ... and also if you wanna knwledge some real shit just reseach codex alimentarius.... these mafakaz r gonna poison the meats and milks to kill us. mafakaz gonna be forced to become veggies soon if shit will ever happen like that. the best way to get to a nation of ppl is poisoning their food and trust me when i say meat is 1# on the list. this is already happening on a small scale with all the shit they inject into animals.

PEACE!!!

I heard something about this on a video saying that soon the vitamins and minerals in foods would be decreased ON PURPOSE.

Also, that vitamins, herbs (like garlic) and heath foods and natural remedies would be taken over by the pharmacutical companies with inflated prices. And vitamins in certain doses are (RIGHT NOW) in some contries illegal. These fags are part of NWO. Control peoples health (food and remedies) and you control life.

Shit like that gives me more reason to not have kids in this fucked up world.

Fuck NWO.

:no:

Civilison
12-31-2008, 02:22 AM
aight a couple of points

1. to the dude that was saying about the hydrochloric acid, of course we have hydrocloric acid we need it for digestive aids but compared to true natural meat eaters our HC acid is lower.

2. while you could argue and classify humans as omnivores i would never compare humans to pigs. pigs will eat carrion, feces etc. i aint personally an omnivore in that case cuz i dont eat certain things. certain things were abominable to eat since ancient times humans just knew not to eat certain things cuz they understood it killed them. another thing is an omnivrous humans needs his meat cooked and seasoned (in most cases) and that aint a true trait cuz last time i checked a lion would not eat a piece of cooked meat or def does not like it i worked at an animal place i seen it. also we have molars and our jaw can move sideways so we can chew like a horse a true meat eaters jaw can only move up and down and they have fang and no molars. they dont chew but strait swallow.

3. you have a choice to eat everything or you can have certain dietary restrictions. what you eat is up to you.

and you're a fool if you think what you put into your body does affect your whole system or how it affects your life force. and yo some vegans r bugged out...

i aint standing up for the vegetarian nation or nothin eaither i dont care what you do or eat im just sayin the troof facts i learned.. pz

Civilison
12-31-2008, 02:26 AM
I heard something about this on a video saying that soon the vitamins and minerals in foods would be decreased ON PURPOSE.

Also, that vitamins, herbs (like garlic) and heath foods and natural remedies would be taken over by the pharmacutical companies with inflated prices. And vitamins in certain doses are (RIGHT NOW) in some contries illegal. These fags are part of NWO. Control peoples health (food and remedies) and you control life.

Shit like that gives me more reason to not have kids in this fucked up world.

Fuck NWO.

:no:

not only that but also they will completely retard genetic structures of foods. certain peeps are plotting depopulation and this is being televised i seen it a politician motherfucker speakin on stage at the council of foreign nations or something like that talking about how they can get rid of 5billion people. they were saying they would manipulate meat and milk. it's unbelievable. dunno if its real real or just a scare tactic or something one thing is sure in these days and times you gotta b ready for whatever. pz

tajeco
12-31-2008, 02:30 AM
I was a vegan from 2001-2006, I couldn't get my weight above 160 (height 6'1"). I'm still a vegetarian, but now weigh 220. I do construction/carpentry like Civilison, and am always lifting heavy stuff.
And I believe a vegan can drink breast milk, from a human, maybe not from a gopher.

Civilison
12-31-2008, 02:33 AM
breast milk is the real deal
babies that were fed natural breast milk grew up smarter than those fed with formulas. i seen this study...

tajeco
12-31-2008, 02:37 AM
Damn Civilison, you've been here since 2002 and only have 300 posts? Did the count get reset on yours? I should have over 3,000 but my counter got reset after those 2 site crashes.

Civilison
12-31-2008, 02:46 AM
nah not even i used to post more pre-2002/pre-crash at the old wucorp/dynasty whatever. then life got busy and just didnt have time to post no more so my number is actually real. i always browse thru this forum tho since times of origin. but ye i had way more before the crash. this is like my 2nd or 3rd account on here. pz 2 all the veterans.

diggy
12-31-2008, 05:34 AM
not only that but also they will completely retard genetic structures of foods. certain peeps are plotting depopulation and this is being televised i seen it a politician motherfucker speakin on stage at the council of foreign nations or something like that talking about how they can get rid of 5billion people. they were saying they would manipulate meat and milk. it's unbelievable. dunno if its real real or just a scare tactic or something one thing is sure in these days and times you gotta b ready for whatever. pz

Do you know if its on youtube?

Oh ya, depopulation is being planned and I wouldn't be surprised if it has started decades ago.

Have you ever heard of terminator seeds? This is the evil genius invention of Monsanto. They are genetically modified seeds that produce crops which have no seed. This allows Monsanto to make billions of dollars selling seeds every year, while the poor die out. If all crops become this way we are doomed.

They are gonna hit us from all angles til most of us die out.

diggy
12-31-2008, 05:36 AM
I've considered becoming a vegetarian or whatever and might do it soon, cuz eating drug filled meat is not too good.

Slurch Yung
12-31-2008, 09:09 AM
i dont kno

in my honest opinion yea becuz then you dont have your protein an shit

if it were up to me i'd jus give em a blunt an let em eat what the want. lol

Guarded By Martyrs
12-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I remember I saw a program with Colin Jackson and he diddn't eat meat for a month
The month before he ate his normal diet with meat and done some tests
He tested his speed, strength and endurance.

Then after a break inbetween, he ate no meat for a month and done the same tests.
I can't quite remember all the results, but I do remember he done about 120 push ups
And he was really struggling to do 90 without meat, he looked finnished at the end.

But if a child is a vegetarian from day one, then I'd say they could be just as strong
People are designed differently, it's hard to make a call as the question is so broard.

BTTR KNG KOOL
12-31-2008, 09:56 AM
Ill say Maybe not!

BUT

Someone who lives in a cold climate, generally needs more Fat and "heavier" food.. Energy. so...

I think lots of ppl dont pay enough attention to the climate thing.

Ive seen like close to -40C winters (thats about same in Fs).

And Trus me u be starving for some REAL food in a weather like that. By real, i mean HEAVY food, for fast access to energy.

I know you can get everything needed from veggie diet. Im not even arguing that. BUT the thing is that lots of those good veggie foods are not on the local menus simply cos they dont neccesarily exist in local nature + theyre often more expensive.

knewcheeze
12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
cee what you cee when you cee what you cee you get what you cee

someone could be the leading scorer in the NBA and have unceen thing such as atumor thats gonna take him clean out

good aerobic conditioning does not nessesarily denote good health

diggy
12-31-2008, 09:32 PM
cee what you cee when you cee what you cee you get what you cee

someone could be the leading scorer in the NBA and have unceen thing such as atumor thats gonna take him clean out

good aerobic conditioning does not nessesarily denote good health

Do you speak like this in real life or are you playing some role behind your computer?

knewcheeze
01-04-2009, 03:15 PM
well the "cee what you cee..." eye got from ODB's Yo MTV raps segment

but yes....eye try as hard as eye can to talk and act online as eye would in real life

its no act

eye am the most realest mothafucka you ever gonna meet

check two
01-05-2009, 10:26 PM
You don't need to eat meat to get protein. That's a common misconception.

Civilison
01-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Do you know if its on youtube?

Oh ya, depopulation is being planned and I wouldn't be surprised if it has started decades ago.

Have you ever heard of terminator seeds? This is the evil genius invention of Monsanto. They are genetically modified seeds that produce crops which have no seed. This allows Monsanto to make billions of dollars selling seeds every year, while the poor die out. If all crops become this way we are doomed.

They are gonna hit us from all angles til most of us die out.

nah but check out that movie "spiritual agenda" it's not all that good but certain information they got there is bomb.

diggy
01-08-2009, 01:55 AM
nah but check out that movie "spiritual agenda" it's not all that good but certain information they got there is bomb.

I've searched the internet for this...can't find it.

Could u post a link?

Face of the Golden Falcon
01-08-2009, 03:44 AM
^
...maybe meant "Esoteric Agenda".

Civilison
01-08-2009, 08:47 AM
^ my bad yeah i did.

you can find it on youtube even.
pz

WARPATH
01-08-2009, 11:06 AM
plus the gorilla can bench press 4000 pounds g mwahahaha
but yea point is the strongest animals r vegetarian
and the strongest meat eaters get weak after they run a little although they have enormous strength while the energy last
its kinda the same in real life with humans that steak will build muscle quick and be energetic at the time being but overall it tires the body cuz its hard to digest and takes lots of life force away.
on the other hand a dish of beans and whole grains is also composed of heavy carbs and amino acids it might not give as big of a burst at first but in the long run it benefits your system better and takes less life force away. live raw fresh fruits and veggies dont take a lot of life force away at all. not cooked or tampered with in any way tho.
jus an analogy.... pz

And what do whales and shark eat?

The strongest animals in the ocean eat meat, and swim.

Meat eaters are better swimmers. (not really, but that's the analogies you guys are using in this thread, which is not helping the argument)

Civilison
01-08-2009, 10:27 PM
^bwahahhaha all right yeah you're right whales, sharks and other big ass aqueous animals r big and strong and good siwmmers and eat meat/other fish.

but i think you might be missing the point even tho it's strait funny to me!

what im talkin about is each organism has an innate anatomic and physiologic structure and eats in accordance with its dietary needs. meaning a shark is gonna eat a bunch of smaller fish and that's what it was build to eat, a lion need lots of raw meat for protein/muscle, a baby cow needs lots of calcium which the mother cow provides thru its milk because that is the correpsonding nutrient for that organism for its bone development.

so the whole thing here is about what our human system is like and the corresponding foods that go with it. and the analogy was aimed more at the steak/beans thing rather than the actual animals meat eaters vs vegeterians.

peace slippy

WARPATH
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
^bwahahhaha all right yeah you're right whales, sharks and other big ass aqueous animals r big and strong and good siwmmers and eat meat/other fish.

but i think you might be missing the point even tho it's strait funny to me!

what im talkin about is each organism has an innate anatomic and physiologic structure and eats in accordance with its dietary needs. meaning a shark is gonna eat a bunch of smaller fish and that's what it was build to eat, a lion need lots of raw meat for protein/muscle, a baby cow needs lots of calcium which the mother cow provides thru its milk because that is the correpsonding nutrient for that organism for its bone development.

so the whole thing here is about what our human system is like and the corresponding foods that go with it. and the analogy was aimed more at the steak/beans thing rather than the actual animals meat eaters vs vegeterians.

peace slippy

Nah I got the point.

Any one group of people on here that claim that there diet is better then another leads to ridiculous discussions. All I know is vegans whip up the best dishes with out meat, but I'll still fuck up a BACON cheese burger, and some puppy soup.

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2009, 05:00 PM
it also depends on your bloodtype............i'll tell u right now a nigga with type O can't fuck around too long without sum meat........i kno cuz a nigga got an ancient ass bloodtype and i went lacto ovo for a couple years...... doctor told me my blood was straight from fuckin ancient egypt and i needed more protein...

more meat for da babies....

YungSunny
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Rhino, Elephant, Ox.

Case closed.

Did you just compare kids to animals?

check two
01-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Humans are are from the animal kingdom, chico.

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Most humans are omnivores. During the ice age, humans ate entirely meat because there was no vegetation around. Based on scientific evidence, people who don't eat meat are more healthier and do live longer.

I can't stop eating meat. I love it. Maybe I could just eat fish. Would that be ok?

IrOnMaN
01-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Rhino, Elephant, Ox.

Case closed.

You forgot about Theropods.

01-13-2009, 12:26 AM
it also depends on your bloodtype............i'll tell u right now a nigga with type O can't fuck around too long without sum meat........i kno cuz a nigga got an ancient ass bloodtype and i went lacto ovo for a couple years...... doctor told me my blood was straight from fuckin ancient egypt and i needed more protein...

more meat for da babies....
:lmao:

PEACE G

Oh and don't call our children "kids" - animals got kids

NIGHT MAYOR
01-13-2009, 01:07 AM
without red meat we would be in the tree's still - think about that you vegan fucks.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Humans are NOT obligate carnivores. Obligate and Hyper carnvivores MUST eat meat and other animals tissue to thrive.

These typs of animals are

Tigers (obligate)
Sharks (hyper)
Snakes (hyper)
Eagles (hyper)
Lions

^we are not this type of carnivore. Fact. We dont HAVE to eat meat like these animals.

check two
01-13-2009, 11:52 AM
There was a woman on tv that had a vegan cat.

knewcheeze
01-13-2009, 01:31 PM
without red meat we would be in the tree's still - think about that you vegan fucks.

let da eye quote John Mcglaugcklin

from da magalklan group

WRONG

not every culture on the planet originated from a tree swingin

cave man

okay

plus u use that missing link to justify your behavior

in the end of tyhe killing spree you say

well humans did decend apes its just natural for us to kill each other

Civilison
01-13-2009, 02:56 PM
pz yeah blood type does play a role certain individuals thrive off the strength of tissue meat while other function better on complex carbs and a bit less protein. not to say they're both wrong but maybe correspondent with the individual.

and all that protein in meat hype ain't really all that correct i'm not saying that meat protein is inferior or something but all these doctors always say that aah yeah u need more meat protein but don't say much that you can get as high quality amino acids from non meat sources. meaning you can still keep your protein intake at high and sacrifice flesh things like hemp, soy, spirulina, sunflower seeds, pistachios, avocados, fish, beans, whole grains, all combined create high quality bioavailbale amino acids.

maybe not all practiced but vegeterianism definitely was in the ancient egyptian/kemetic customs.

i aint a full blown veggie but i stay away from meats enjoy fish and other high protein foods.
PZ

check two
01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah, like I said a few times in the thread already, but some people can't read or do the knowledge that you don't need meat to get your protein. smh

Civilison
01-13-2009, 03:17 PM
pz

snapple
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
so what are foods eaten to replace meat?

WARPATH
01-13-2009, 03:29 PM
The human body needs a variety of vitamins and minerals to stay healthy.

Today we have supermarkets that contain food from all over the globe, vegtables, fruits, and nuts that a person can't usually find or grow in their section of the globe.

So today, it's easier to be a healthy vegan, in the past though it wasn't so easy.

The vegans here can't claim that it's unnatural for humans to eat meat.

The omnivores here can't deny the health benefits of a vegan diet. Vegans can't claim that their diets are superior either.

The important thing is to find a healthy balance(if possible) that will work for you.

Civilison
01-13-2009, 03:35 PM
pz

WARPATH
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
To answer the original question:

Pregnancies and children

According to the US National Institute of Health (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_of_Health), "with appropriate food choices, vegan diets can be adequate for children at all ages."[91] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-90) The American Dietetic Association also considers well-planned vegan diets "appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy) and lactation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breastfeeding),"[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-adajournal-9) but recommends that vegan mothers supplement for iron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron), vitamin D, and vitamin B12 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanocobalamin).[92] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-91)[93] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-92) Vitamin B12 deficiency in lactating vegetarian mothers has been linked to deficiencies and neurological (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurology) disorders in their children.[94] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-93)[95] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-94) Some research suggests that the essential omega-3 fatty acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid) α-linolenic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-linolenic_acid) and its derivatives should also be supplemented in pregnant and lactating vegan mothers, since they are very low in most vegan diets, and the metabolically related docosahexaenoic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid) (DHA) is essential to the developing visual system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_system).[96] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-95) A maternal vegan diet has also been associated with low birth weight,[97] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-96) and a five times lower likelihood of having twins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin) than those who eat animal products.[98] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-97)
Several cases of severe infant malnutrition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malnutrition) and some fatalities have been associated with a poorly planned vegan diet,[99] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-98)[100] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-99)[101] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-100)[102] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-101)[103] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-Sick-102) and provoked criticism of vegan diets for children.[104] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-103)[105] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-104) Parents involved in these cases were convicted on charges ranging from assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault) to felony murder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder). Addressing criticism of veganism, Dr. Amy Lanou, an expert witness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_witness) for the prosecution in one of the cases, asserted that the child in that particular case "was not killed by a vegan diet" but that "the real problem was that he was not given enough food of any sort."[106] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-105)

Civilison
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
veggies who dont supply ample b12 could b in danger. this dont just apply to veggies lots of ppl got problems with that vitamin there is a catalyst in the body that sometimes don't work properly and messes that channel up.

you can easily supplement self with b12 fortified foods, spirulina, or the actual vitamin.

also, during pregnency a woman should always be well supplemented vitamin b9 is really important too.
pz

01-14-2009, 04:13 AM
To answer the original question:

Pregnancies and children

According to the US National Institute of Health (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institute_of_Health), "with appropriate food choices, vegan diets can be adequate for children at all ages."[91] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-90) The American Dietetic Association also considers well-planned vegan diets "appropriate for all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregnancy) and lactation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breastfeeding),"[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-adajournal-9) but recommends that vegan mothers supplement for iron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron), vitamin D, and vitamin B12 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanocobalamin).[92] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-91)[93] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-92) Vitamin B12 deficiency in lactating vegetarian mothers has been linked to deficiencies and neurological (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurology) disorders in their children.[94] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-93)[95] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-94) Some research suggests that the essential omega-3 fatty acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-3_fatty_acid) α-linolenic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-linolenic_acid) and its derivatives should also be supplemented in pregnant and lactating vegan mothers, since they are very low in most vegan diets, and the metabolically related docosahexaenoic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid) (DHA) is essential to the developing visual system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_system).[96] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-95) A maternal vegan diet has also been associated with low birth weight,[97] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-96) and a five times lower likelihood of having twins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin) than those who eat animal products.[98] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-97)
Several cases of severe infant malnutrition (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malnutrition) and some fatalities have been associated with a poorly planned vegan diet,[99] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-98)[100] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-99)[101] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-100)[102] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-101)[103] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-Sick-102) and provoked criticism of vegan diets for children.[104] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-103)[105] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-104) Parents involved in these cases were convicted on charges ranging from assault (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault) to felony murder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_murder). Addressing criticism of veganism, Dr. Amy Lanou, an expert witness (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_witness) for the prosecution in one of the cases, asserted that the child in that particular case "was not killed by a vegan diet" but that "the real problem was that he was not given enough food of any sort."[106] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegan#cite_note-105)
PEACE
veggies who dont supply ample b12 could b in danger. this dont just apply to veggies lots of ppl got problems with that vitamin there is a catalyst in the body that sometimes don't work properly and messes that channel up.

you can easily supplement self with b12 fortified foods, spirulina, or the actual vitamin.

also, during pregnency a woman should always be well supplemented vitamin b9 is really important too.
pz
word

PEACE

NIGHT MAYOR
01-14-2009, 04:21 AM
let da eye quote John Mcglaugcklin

from da magalklan group

WRONG

not every culture on the planet originated from a tree swingin

cave man

okay

plus u use that missing link to justify your behavior

in the end of tyhe killing spree you say

well humans did decend apes its just natural for us to kill each other

your a dickhead, you think humans sproted up all over the world ? we all came from africa, some of us (crackers) assended into the colder climates decreasing the blackness of our skin, so b4 we were smart enough to move large distances, im sure we were all tree swinging fuck wits in africa, dont make this more complicated than it is, we all came from africa. end of story.

diggy
01-14-2009, 04:35 AM
^^Emo!

NIGHT MAYOR
01-14-2009, 04:44 AM
clown ^

never seen the appeal to being a joker, someone who's life role is to make people laugh at his expence, the batman hype will only last so long, pitty realy the leader (gravey) is a realy good guy, hahaha guess they can always vote and change their name.

wonder if they have an ICP thread in the jokers, roflcopter.

01-14-2009, 09:38 AM
your a dickhead, you think humans sproted up all over the world ? we all came from africa, some of us (crackers) assended into the colder climates decreasing the blackness of our skin, so b4 we were smart enough to move large distances, im sure we were all tree swinging fuck wits in africa, dont make this more complicated than it is, we all came from africa. end of story.
word the mother
clown ^

never seen the appeal to being a joker, someone who's life role is to make people laugh at his expence, the batman hype will only last so long, pitty realy the leader (gravey) is a realy good guy, hahaha guess they can always vote and change their name.

wonder if they have an ICP thread in the jokers, roflcopter.
co-sign

Gravey maybe a good guy, but he made a clown of himself with those

videos directed at fake ass dlah and those fuckin' future chamber

maggots.

PEACE

WARPATH
01-14-2009, 12:12 PM

This really a discussion for a different thread.

Civilison
01-14-2009, 01:36 PM
^hahaha yo fredy krugered that shit chill yo

knewcheeze
01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
its clearly a western eurocentric belief that man evolved from monkeys