PDA

View Full Version : Soulja Boy - "nas Killed Hip Hop"

chiba
12-30-2008, 03:42 PM
In an attempt to stay relevant, Soulja Boy recently released a video [watch here (http://www.rapbasement.com/soulja-boy/123008-soulja-boy-claims-in-a-new-video-that-nas-killed-hip-hop-compares-nas-to-president-bush.html)] where he says Nas killed hip hop. "Real talk, the n*gga that killed hip-hop was Nas," Soulja Boy says in the video [watch here (http://www.rapbasement.com/soulja-boy/123008-soulja-boy-claims-in-a-new-video-that-nas-killed-hip-hop-compares-nas-to-president-bush.html)]. "He came out publicly and said, 'Hip-Hop is dead,' and then after that everybody started saying hip-hop is dead. 'Cause think about it, if Nas would have never said hip-hop is dead, then motherf*ckers would have never thought anything about it." [watch here (http://www.rapbasement.com/soulja-boy/123008-soulja-boy-claims-in-a-new-video-that-nas-killed-hip-hop-compares-nas-to-president-bush.html)]

Soulja Boy went on to dig himself a bigger hole saying "He probably wasn't feeling how the music was going. He came out and killed everybody's money. He killed his own career with that sh*t. He shoulda thought about that sh*t though." If that wasn't enough, Mr. Crank Dat finished by saying "You see how George Bush f*cked up America, it's the same way Nas did with hip-hop. N*gga came out with Hip-Hop Is Dead and f*cked up everything. But you see how Lil' Wayne came right back and sold a million albums in a week and proved Nas wrong." [watch here (http://www.rapbasement.com/soulja-boy/123008-soulja-boy-claims-in-a-new-video-that-nas-killed-hip-hop-compares-nas-to-president-bush.html)]

Soulja Boy - Says Nas Killed Hip Hop

http://www.rapbasement.com/soulja-boy/123008-soulja-boy-claims-in-a-new-video-that-nas-killed-hip-hop-compares-nas-to-president-bush.html

THE W
12-30-2008, 03:46 PM
yeah you can stick a fork in that kid.

who's next....

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
yeah he did lol

Nas is a living moving L-Train.

Afficial_Nastee
12-30-2008, 03:49 PM
This kid is fuckin' ignorant.....

ALCATRAZ
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
guess soulja boy wont ever b performing in queens

INF
12-30-2008, 03:53 PM
x box is dead

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Soulja Boy is mad that his new album only sold 45,000 first week lol.

Nigga is done. His youtube gets 4mil viewers but they dont buy his albums haha

chiba
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
guess soulja boy wont ever b performing in queens

LMFAO!!

i hope he does!!

Jeru
12-30-2008, 04:12 PM
LOL @ a seventeen year old saying hiphop fans need rappers to say something before they believe it...

Soulja Boy is dead...

Maybe it'll work lol

Jeru
12-30-2008, 04:14 PM
And Barack is the Lil Wayne of American Presidents LOL

JerseyIronman
12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
TI is the king of the South

Biggie was the King Of NY

Nas is the street's disciple

Soulja Boy is the King of the Internet

lolz

JerseyIronman
12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
^^

dude, that dance WAS his career.

hehsy5sy5
12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
someone needa go and slap that fool in the fuckin face...and then cut of his mouth so he can never spew out trash from his mouth again!

Tyler Durden
12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
^^

dude, that dance WAS his career.

True

Ticallion
12-30-2008, 07:45 PM
bahah

Tecknowledgist
12-30-2008, 09:24 PM
nas said hip-hop is dead and then EVERY SINGLE RAPPER THAT IS STILL BREATHING put

"if hop-hop is dead, i'm.....(insert corny line here)"

in a song.

HIP HOP LIVES!
IF HIP HOP WAS DEAD IM AN AFRICAN WITCH DOCTOR!
ETC
ETC
ETC.

Nas saying that was a good thing for Hip-Hop. it made people wake up. to a certain extent. he said it was dead and everybody said "no its not! i will prove you wrong by releasing quality music!"

kind of.
if the album was actually classic, it would have had a much better effect though.
but yeah, nas should ether soulja boy. that would be a good use of his time and energy. for sure.

TSA
12-30-2008, 09:44 PM
TI is the king of the South

Biggie was the King Of NY

Nas is the street's disciple

Soulja Boy is the King of the Internet

lolz

KING OF THE INTERNET!?

WHAT?!

niggas comin after my fuckin CROWN while im sleepin?

FUCK THIS!

crds
12-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Soulja Boy is wack and has done a lot of damage to Hip Hop, there are so many other wack "artists" out there that think, shitty keyboard programmed beats and corny dances are what Hip Hop is.

I can't wait till the day that people finally realize and wake up to the fact that Soulja Boy is fucking wack and it doesn't take any talent to do what he does, he also needs to shut his acne ridden mouth.

TSA
12-30-2008, 09:51 PM
i don't give a fuck!
this nigga thinks he's the king of the internet.

fuck that shit, nebraska nigga what?!

EAGLE EYE
12-30-2008, 09:57 PM
insert snippy Tgambino remark

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-31-2008, 01:23 AM
I always known Nas is deadly to hiphop. It took Soulja Boi more time to process that, but he's special.

food for thought
12-31-2008, 02:44 AM
lol when i read the title of this thread i already knew thats how he was gonna explain how nas killed it.

becasue he said it, it happened lol

soembody should just slap this kid and not let him ever rap again

Edgar Erebus
12-31-2008, 06:00 AM
Nas saying that was a good thing for Hip-Hop. it made people wake up. to a certain extent. he said it was dead and everybody said "no its not! i will prove you wrong by releasing quality music!" (bold mine - S.T.)

Quality music?

All I saw is that people who were yelling most about how hip-hop ain't dead ('cause their pockets were still thickening off it) only plained and dulled down already wack genre, a pale shadow of its former self, bit even more (I already counted four Carter III's this year), made stupid remarks even more (mostly about Nas, that dude surely made 'em all mad with that album), youtube-beefed to the max, all that to prove how the culture still lives.

Yeah.

2Bladez
12-31-2008, 06:18 AM
he don't know what he talks about

Tecknowledgist
12-31-2008, 06:29 AM
Quality music?

All I saw is that people who were yelling most about how hip-hop ain't dead ('cause their pockets were still thickening off it) only plained and dulled down already wack genre, a pale shadow of its former self, bit even more (I already counted four Carter III's this year), made stupid remarks even more (mostly about Nas, that dude surely made 'em all mad with that album), youtube-beefed to the max, all that to prove how the culture still lives.

Yeah.

pretty much. what i meant was, it irked a lot of people and got them talking about the shitty state rap was in. which, i guess, is a step up from ignoring it.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-31-2008, 10:08 AM
This kid is fuckin' ignorant.....

kudos to that he's a fuckin dummy that shoulda stayed in school

beautifulrock
12-31-2008, 10:12 AM
People were saying hip hop was dead in 2001, nas didn't introduce the idea.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-31-2008, 10:17 AM
People were saying hip hop was dead in 2001, nas didn't introduce the idea.

hip hop ain't dead the commercial side is the rest just went underground

Yuen sam
12-31-2008, 10:29 AM
O Lord, when will this fool stop talking?

Boss_Digger
12-31-2008, 10:53 AM
lol at the high school musical version of hip hop sayin Nas killed it!!

oLd_KaiNry
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
LMAO

"when lil wayne said he was the best rapper alive, niggas wasnt arguing about that cuz he was the first to say it, so in a certain way he is the best rapper alive "

Kenny Powers
12-31-2008, 12:32 PM
wow, i forgot about soulja boy. this is some funny shit. just when you think the kid cant get more ignorant...

The Prime Sithesizah
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Soulja Boy Killed Fruity Loops....

food for thought
12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
on the real though, any threads about this fool should be banned