PDA

View Full Version : question about hip hop cd's in japan

hehsy5sy5
12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
i was jus wonderin why japanese releases of the same albums[in usa] for hip hop albums always gets extra stuff like extra tracks or dvd's or other goodies. i mean, shouldnt they add that stuff to usa albums since theres more buyer market for that rapper/group in USA then in japan?[since most japanese ppl usually listen to japanese music, and few of em listen to english music, and even fewer listens to english rap...]

oh and also, they usually dont put english cd's in the department stores or places where u usualy buy cd's in Japan[makin it harder to get those english rap albums]unless u go to like bootleg or import cd shops, or the backalleys of tokyo cities....or stores like "book-off" where they sell used and new manga,anime and some american cd's as well...oh yea and tower records lol

netscape check two
12-31-2008, 12:52 PM
、人日本からあるか。 またはちょうど飲まれるか。

Mr. X
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
It's probably to build a market, giving them incentive to buy it. "Bonus tracks and DVD? How can I pass this up?" That type of thing. And pretty much everything American is HUGE in Japan, I don't know what your talking about.

SL33
12-31-2008, 02:22 PM
^^^yup, japan has great economic potential, 130.000.000 people of which @ least 80% is fluent in english.......that's why they try so hard...

claaa7
12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
nah i actually think Japan has a pretty wide fanbase for some of this more obscure hip-hop.. i think Wu-Tang is popular with the hardcore fans and i know D.I.T.C. has dropped a couple of exclusive Japan only 12"'s, etc.

-The A to the Z-
12-31-2008, 02:59 PM
And don't forgot - Jay loved him some Japan.

chiba
01-01-2009, 02:34 PM
i agree with alot of points said here
ill just add

the artists are pretty much showin luv to the fans
tot his day you will find alkaholiks, boot camp clik, das efx, wu tang, beatnuts, whoridaz,
show and ag, OC, mos def, and talib kweli doin shows in japan

you can buy cds at tower records, or hmv or them back alley places in tokyo
those are the only places of which i know that sell cds

peace

INF
01-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Count Bass D did a Japan only album. He'll sell you one in person and thats about it.

there was a Japanese version of a deep purple album way back.....

I never got why japan gets hidden goodies either.

BIG D O
01-01-2009, 03:23 PM
^^^yup, japan has great economic potential, 130.000.000 people of which @ least 80% is fluent in english.......that's why they try so hard...

not only that but many places in Asia are fucking wild about Hip-hop man......it's a huge thing out there....

Frank Drebin
01-01-2009, 03:26 PM
cause its the second biggest market in the world.