PDA

View Full Version : Hip-hop is getting better again...

KBOS
01-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Personally I think we're going uphill from where we were a few years ago - theres new cats bringing better shit to the table like Charles Hamilton, Wale, Lupe, Asher Roth, Mickey Factz, the cool kids... some of them have major deals im forgetting a few. The undergound shit is fire right now - esp in boston with reks and termanology. Recently Luda put out a quality album, Commons been getting bigger and bigger yet stays bringing heat, and the new strong arm steady single is bangin west coast shit which is getting heavy rotation on mtv

Longbongcilvaringz
01-01-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, there is still good hip hop out there.

The past two years have been pretty good in my opinion.

Although i don't check for as much new hip hop as i used to, there are about 15 albums from the past couple of years which i really enjoyed, and still listen to.

Blu & Exile, Dela, Vordul Mega, Reks, Flying Lotus, Q-Tip, Madlib, Wale, Nomak, Jazz Liberatorz, El Da Sensei & Returners, Edgar Allen Floe, Atmosphere.

All releasing good music.

THE MASON
01-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I aint been disappointed about this 08

it has definitely been a redession in hip hop but its on the rise again id say

as long as the artist making the good music get the support needed, it will continue to grow

Ticallion
01-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Lupe's music definately stood out in the past couple years

Can't wait for LupEND

BIG D O
01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Asher Roth, Mickey Factz, the cool kids...

^^^^all them niggas suck and all the rest of the niggas you named is hipster, bullshit niggas......

Hip-Hop still in the ICU on the breathing machine homie, fuck that sht you talkin about.....it's just gotten so bad that the mediocrity of all these new uthfuckas is being accepted as "decent".......

nope, not ova here.....Pac, Biggie, Pun, L, Freaky Tah, Stack Bundles, MC Breed and many others is lookin down from heaven laughin' at these new niggas man....

KBOS
01-01-2009, 02:23 PM

^^^^all them niggas suck and all the rest of the niggas you named is hipster, bullshit niggas......

Hip-Hop still in the ICU on the breathing machine homie, fuck that sht you talkin about.....it's just gotten so bad that the mediocrity of all these new uthfuckas is being accepted as "decent".......

nope, not ova here.....Pac, Biggie, Pun, L, Freaky Tah, Stack Bundles, MC Breed and many others is lookin down from heaven laughin' at these new niggas man....

Mickey Factz has skills regardless of the fact that he's a sneaker head

Asher Roth and the Cool Kids bring something new to the table and have certainly spit some clever shit - Of course they are a whole different genre then Pac Biggie Pun L etc but the point im trying to make is that its an improvement from where hiphop has been recently. You cant be to stuck in the past im not sayin dudes are the best but my point is theres a new generation thats doing real hip-hop and atleast putting in a good passionate effort to spit lyrical shit and do something original

Ritter
01-01-2009, 02:26 PM
There will always be good hip hop, just depends on where you're looking.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Charles Hamilton, Wale, Lupe, Asher Roth, Mickey Factz, the cool kids...

HA.....

n0HcDfAnAHI

What, you mean the dude who disses in autotune?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-01-2009, 02:30 PM
There will always be good hip hop, just depends on where you're looking.

exactly but allot of people besides us that check for real shit don't know enough outside of what radio, bet, etc. feeds them

Afficial_Nastee
01-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Word Up

Edgar Erebus
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Quite frankly, fuck all those you mentioned. Where are the MC's that made you buckwild?

BIG D O
01-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Mickey Factz has skills regardless of the fact that he's a sneaker head

Asher Roth and the Cool Kids bring something new to the table and have certainly spit some clever shit - Of course they are a whole different genre then Pac Biggie Pun L etc but the point im trying to make is that its an improvement from where hiphop has been recently. You cant be to stuck in the past im not sayin dudes are the best but my point is theres a new generation thats doing real hip-hop and atleast putting in a good passionate effort to spit lyrical shit and do something original

I don't give a fuck what Mickey Facts is, he ain't a good emcee and he ain't down by law, fuck him and his shitty music.....

lol, Asher Roth tries his hardest to pick up fans by literally sounding like Eminem and he's bringing something new to the table? He's a fuckin gimmick, and a corny one at that.....

The Cool Kids? LOl, hell nah, them niggas just straight up ain't that talented....

The point I'm tryin to impress upon you young brutha is that you is accepting, whether you know it or not, inferior product and hyping it up to be better than what it is....you over here buying Lucky O's pretending it's as good as Cheerio's nigga......coppin' a pair of Asics pretendin' it's some Nike's.......grabbin some weather tech boots an tryin to bop in em' like Timbs.....

come on people, demand more from your hip-hop.....that's the only way you ever gonna stop this cycle of fruity ass bullshit that's on the radio, on TV and everywhere else.....

Afficial_Nastee
01-01-2009, 09:44 PM
^^^^
Exactly, people be hypin' shit and talkin' bout it like it's dope and when I check it out it's just something mediocre....

Polocash7
01-01-2009, 09:57 PM
It all depends what ya lookin' for. IMO '08 was ehh with a few gems here and there. I like all aspects of hip hop but commerical and the underground scene was less than par in '08

KBOS
01-02-2009, 06:36 PM
2each his own

JohnMilton
01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
when joell was signed to aftermath
serious jones was signed to dtp
when papoose got signed to jive
killer mike got signed to grand hustle
kardinal offishal got signed to konvict
lupe came out
(not a fan) but lil wayne did a millie with no hook (and open minds to lyrics relatively)
t.i. attempt to come hard writing rhymes again
joe buddens just got the amalgram deal
crooked i in general
then all the underground cats thats coming out
the deal on bet, i heard been tryin to do something
itll get there just takes time, rhymes will be prominant in hip hop

just tired of quality emcees, known for more then one classic (meaning it wasnt luck) makin subpar records

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 03:40 PM
wanna what you say?

pep
01-03-2009, 04:04 PM

lol..the voice of the disgruntled..i'm stuck in my own era so i hope u guys get some quality on the market soon...all that charles hamilton 'hipster' movement is just repackaged de la soul (people made the same arguments with 3 feet high), so, you know, keep that in mind, but i do feel your sentiment cause while fasion was always intrinsic in the hip hop fabric cats is taking shit to far now..