PDA

View Full Version : The suburbs

Prolifical ENG
01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I hear a lot of ignorant shit regarding suburbs on the internet and on hip-hop forums in particular. Its time to do a KTL thread about them. I guess we can start by laying out the facts.

In most places its fucking hard to afford one the the newer houses. Even the older houses had bigger lots but geographically they arent much better.

As the demand goes up, the area around the city that used to be the best farming soil is used to build on. Cars dont make things efficient.

The older suburban houses built in the babyboomer era are prime now with the bigger lots and a lot closer to the city....taxes are huge.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-02-2009, 06:30 PM
There are a whole lot of varieties of suburbs.

They often get stereotyped into one things.

As far as Cleveland:
East Cleveland is a suburb of Cleveland, but its far worse because it can barely support itself. I'd rather live in the city than in East Cleveland.
Than you have a suburb like Shaker Heights. Affluent mansions and money, but also shitty run down areas. All within one suburb.

Visionz
01-02-2009, 07:46 PM
I grew up in the suburbs filled with a lot of confused kids lookin for a way out. Killeen, TX is a rough place though. I had some friends that had plastic tarps for windows, living in a very ghettoish place and blocks that had seen a lot of crack and shit being sold. Its not that the suburbs don't have their share of crime its just they don't usually have their share of culture. Wastelands with no identity, atleast in my own personal experience.

ALCATRAZ
01-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Its not that the suburbs don't have their share of crime its just they don't usually have their share of culture.

yo god how does a specific area not have culture....i dont understand wat u sayin dog

Visionz
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
yo god how does a specific area not have culture....i dont understand wat u sayin dog
no identity, everything that's there is a corperately owned, no mom n' pop type places that have been there for years, no real local hang-outs etc

Killeen, TX is all about the military and that's the closest thing to an identity that the place has and when all the troops get deployed due to wars n' shit the place turns into a ghost town almost overnight.

Prolifical ENG
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Its right that all suburbs are different. I just realized a few months ago that the newer suburbs dont have any hyro or telephone lines or polls...I guess its all buried under or within the sewers or something...someone can please enlighten me. The newer suburbs have careful planning and all the houses kinda look the same and all spring up together. The older ones seem a little different and just developed in a wider time slot. The one I grew up in never had those white cement sidewalks or nice wooden fences, buried cables and shit.

It is true about the culture things that are lacked. One of my ex girlfriends told me that she lived in one kinda like method and red but not as rich...but they had those neighborhood standard things since it all looks alike. That means you couldnt paint your garage door a different color or she says they told her mom she couldnt hand a spider plant out the window....lol

Olive Oil Goombah
01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Each suburb has its own culture around me. Just like each neighborhood. But cleveland is a melting pot so...it all depends on your area.

Koolish
01-04-2009, 01:56 AM
not all suburbs are fancy, but it's not all about just price/poverty, in a hip hop sense a lot of suburbs raise some soft individuals. when you go through hardship, you really learn about being a man and being tough and all that because you had to be.

in a suburb you just don't see as much violence and crime, the projects is where that goes down, so you can't compare the shit you've seen to what people from the streets have.

Afficial_Nastee
01-04-2009, 02:59 AM
In South Africa the term "suburb" does not necessarily mean "residential area on the edge of a city"; rather, it is used synonymously with neighbourhood to refer to the smallest geographical subdivision of the city.

The thing y'all caal suburbs it's called "gated communities" and they're literally gated with security and all that....

So whether you live in the worst part of Cape Town , a township or in a nice neighbourhood it's still called a "suburb"....

The Hound
01-04-2009, 03:15 AM
In South Africa the term "suburb" does not necessarily mean "residential area on the edge of a city"; rather, it is used synonymously with neighbourhood to refer to the smallest geographical subdivision of the city.

The thing y'all caal suburbs it's called "gated communities" and they're literally gated with security and all that....

So whether you live in the worst part of Cape Town , a township or in a nice neighbourhood it's still called a "suburb"....

spot on

same with australia

that gets lost on alot of people

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 12:28 PM
not all suburbs are fancy, but it's not all about just price/poverty, in a hip hop sense a lot of suburbs raise some soft individuals. when you go through hardship, you really learn about being a man and being tough and all that because you had to be.

in a suburb you just don't see as much violence and crime, the projects is where that goes down, so you can't compare the shit you've seen to what people from the streets have.

I think you need to define projects if your going to assume shit like this. Cuz there are nice neighborhoods in cities

Finesse Da God
01-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Word up. I currently reside in a suburb but its big. Lots of real estate. Houses and shit and chain stores and shit. Walmarts, Brookshires, Krogers, Autozones, fast food. Restaurants and diversity in the actual city. Highway overpass runs through the middle, with the "ghetto" right next to my neighborhood which I'd consider pretty middle class. I live in a city with a majority blacks tho so nothing is too nice unless you live by the Lake which is the rich and infamous I guess. Most of the people reside towards the outer areas and suburbs with the majority of the white population in towards the inner city.

IrOnMaN
01-04-2009, 02:07 PM
^^Move to a rural area.

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM

what kind of suburbs are you referring to?

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 04:10 PM
I think you need to define projects if your going to assume shit like this. Cuz there are nice neighborhoods in cities

projects by definition is government housing i thought this was common knowledge???

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 04:19 PM
so all government funded housing is projects?

There is govt. funding housing and section 8 housing in suburbs all across america.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
so all government funded housing is projects?

There is govt. funding housing and section 8 housing in suburbs all across america.

Yes, all government funded housing is projects.

There are in fact government housing in the suburbs, but one must not be tempted by the actual word "project". Projects are not necessarily synonymous with hood life. There are white projects all across America. They aren't the best of neighborhoods, but they are far, far, far from the worst.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 05:25 PM
LOL...you live in San Francisco. Closest thing you seen to hood life was when a white cop was harassing you for being gay.

Edgar Erebus
01-04-2009, 06:04 PM
As much as I dislike speakonitgod, objectively he ain't half an anal plug as you.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
ur still mad cuz i question the european practice of not showering. Many hold grudges against me....carry on.

Edgar Erebus
01-04-2009, 06:52 PM
What would you say if someone started questioning the wop habit of greasing hair and suntanning in the winter?

And I don't know where you been, but where I'm from people shower every day, or even more often if they're sexing.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
i wouldnt care. Carry on.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 07:21 PM
LOL...you live in San Francisco. Closest thing you seen to hood life was when a white cop was harassing you for being gay.

New York City has more homosexuals than any city in America. Only difference is that in San Fran gays don't give a fuck whether you know or not.

But anyways, you ducked this last question in the previous thread. How old are you? And what borough u live in dog?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Put your lazy ass to work and connect the dots.

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 07:48 PM

The point of this thread was to first identify that suburbs aren't just gated communities as you said.

Nevertheless they are referred as a part of a city or just outside of a city that has less population density and contains mostly single family homes.

The concept is to own a piece of land where families may live in relative comfort and privacy.

There still is a growth of suburbia mainly in North America. When will it stop growing?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
THats actually a good question.

THe rural areas will become less rural and more dense depending on how big the city was that the people are leaving.

I actually think people will start moving back to the city. I mean people people might not even move into the suburbs, t hey might migrate to a better city.

Phoenix, Vegas Charlotte,, all those sunbelt cities have seen increases in population.

Its different out there tho...urban spawl. Its like the cities are one big suburb.

Look at Europe, how dense those cities are. Look anywhere besides the united states.

There is more space the farther west you go, the newer the settlement.

The Hound
01-04-2009, 08:12 PM
what kind of suburbs are you referring to?

everything here is what's known as a suburb

"the suburb of ... in the municipality of ... in the city of ..."

you follow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sydney_suburbs

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 08:30 PM
thats what he's referring to?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 08:33 PM
its a different set up outside of U.S./canada

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
yeah i want to know what theyre like in india and china....heard its growing rapidly there...i heard something about argentinian properties walled in

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 08:42 PM
YEa but over there you need to be walled in, cuz you got slums right next to lavish residences in India.
I saw some shit about that. There all about that caste system shit.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Put your lazy ass to work and connect the dots.
I looked at your profile and it doesnt say ur age or ur location........I mean damn I'm jus askin a simple question.....

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't give up information to known terrorists.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 08:57 PM
I think I know why you're ducking the question. Because you live in the burbs, right? I figured you were from tha burbs all along due 2 how bitchmade you were but I just wanted 2 ask cause I don't like assuming things... but I still don't understand why u embarrassed to tell your age...

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
You need to leave the project you don't live in and experience the real world. You're trapped.

Free your mind

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 09:03 PM
I think I know why you're ducking the question. Because you live in the burbs, right? I figured you were from tha burbs all along due 2 how bitchmade you were but I just wanted 2 ask cause I don't like assuming things... but I still don't understand why u embarrassed to tell your age...

what kind of suburbs? does that really discredit validity of statements esp. in KTL? that is the second reason for this thread, the first was discussed above.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Its ok if youre embarrassed about where you live dog, trust me it's cool.........but I mean to diss another nigga just because YOU are embarrassed.....thats exactly what I mean when I say you are one bitchmade dude........str8 up and down

Edgar Erebus
01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Look at Europe, how dense those cities are. Look anywhere besides the united states.

Like we don't have the process of suburbanization. That shit in Northern Italy looks like one big town, houses never actually end. The difference is that all the cities here are pretty old, no new settlements, so they have dense cores and large housing areas all around.

That is, if you don't live in asshole of the world (Balkans), here you still actually have uninhabited areas.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
what kind of suburbs? does that really discredit validity of statements esp. in KTL? that is the second reason for this thread, the first was discussed above.

To me being from American suburbs does discredit the 'validity of statements' sometimes... especially in regards to street life. He just made a statement in regards to war saying "There are no moral victories when your families are dead." That is simply not true. And I overstand why someone like him would make a silly statement like that.

But beyond all the bullshit, I jus wanted 2 know if he stayed in NYC or outside of the city. I don't mean 2 offend anyone from the suburbs. There are a lot of really nice Americans in the suburbs. Great American people =)

Art Vandelay
01-04-2009, 09:12 PM

hates whitey more than jesse jesse jackson, al sharpton and louis farrakhan put together.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Nobody asked for a rundown of what you have against me or why your mad at me.

You don't 'overstand' anything about this thread.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Half of tha niggaz in my graf crew are white. Chill out. Its just the general mentality of most Americans that I can't stand. Always gotta act like u better than the next nigga

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
To me being from American suburbs does discredit the 'validity of statements' sometimes... especially in regards to street life. He just made a statement in regards to war saying "There are no moral victories when your families are dead." That is simply not true. And I overstand why someone like him would make a silly statement like that.

But beyond all the bullshit, I jus wanted 2 know if he stayed in NYC or outside of the city. I don't mean 2 offend anyone from the suburbs. There are a lot of really nice Americans in the suburbs. Great American people =)

I think typing on internet forums discredits the "validity of statements".

What do you, personally, know about 'street life'?

Are the clubs in San Francisco that hard?

There are plenty of people who are poor who aren't involved with the street life.

There is a struggle out there, and there are man different ways to address it. You have chosen to bitch about it on internet forums while essentially doing nothing.

Some people bust their ass and dig their way out.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Nobody asked for a rundown of what you have against me or why your mad at me.

You don't 'overstand' anything about this thread.

hahahaha no one is mad at you chump........and u swear i just came out of nowhere with that post, ur homie eng came outta left field and questioned me on tha validity of ur statements, i had to answer tha best way i could..........if he never asked i woulda never said shit..........

lol @ u still duckin tha question.....just be a man and say you dont wana say where you live..........u dont even hav 2 say u embarrassed....

Art Vandelay
01-04-2009, 09:21 PM
don't worry, speak. you're my favorite poster on wu-corp. how dare you have a hate whitey rally and not invite me?

http://www.flixray.com/dvd_covers/200005/1187.jpg

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I forgot about those european suburbs and how the older houses are.

For streetlife and suburbs....I guess you would have to do a survey. But suburban people value family over streetlife and could be a reason why some people choose to move to the suburbs. Then the issue is who was raised in the suburbs and who moved there.

The suburbs I grew up in was one of those older ones but now they developed those newer big subdivisions where the houses are huge and cost a lot. Most of those people that bought the houses still have jobs in the city and lived there for some time and saved their money.

There are many suburbs that are mostly immigrant populated where they came to north america and sold their small piece of land in their home country and go straight to a house. A small condo in hong kong = a mansion in n. america.

Buy land, they arent making it anymore

01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Half of tha niggaz in my graf crew are white. Chill out. Its just the general mentality of most Americans that I can't stand. Always gotta act like u better than the next nigga

Your graff crew is full of devils, god.

You act like you're better than everyone constantly, by preaching your non-fact-based opinions and not considering those of anybody else.

How does graffiti help the struggle? how is that hard? Me and my upper-middle class "crew" will beat down any multi-racial art-school, petty-vandalist san francsico faggots any day of the week.

wordlife.

Art Vandelay
01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
IAre the clubs in San Francisco that hard?

i've never been to san fran, but from what i've heard of the place, some of those clubs do get, ahem, hard

http://www.voccoquan.com/images2006/village%20people.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
hahahaha no one is mad at you chump........and u swear i just came out of nowhere with that post, ur homie eng came outta left field and questioned me on tha validity of ur statements, i had to answer tha best way i could..........if he never asked i woulda never said shit..........

lol @ u still duckin tha question.....just be a man and say you dont wana say where you live..........u dont even hav 2 say u embarrassed....

LOL...you actually made me laugh out loud literally...it came out like a "'im superior to you cuz im white" chuckle, but really it was a "this a kids just messin with me, he aint serious when he's talking" type of chuckle.

This is why you don't kno shit, cuz the information is right in front of you but your too blind to see.

God damn, there are some literary gems I just dropped in this fucking thread.

On you god...grasp tha knowledge god. Lemme speak yo mathematics. One.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
What do you, personally, know about 'street life'?

How am I supposed to answer this? It is my culture dum dum, I mean what do you want me to say? I stay in the hood? My niggaz sell crack? I don't know how 2 answer that...

There are plenty of people who are poor who aren't involved with the street life.

Yea u are definitely right about that. I think every man struggles with some shit in his life. But you are one ignorant person if you think that those who are in the suburbs experience the same magnitude of suffering that inner city heads do....I mean come on dog....seriously

There is a struggle out there, and there are man different ways to address it. You have chosen to bitch about it on internet forums while essentially doing nothing.

Again, you know nothing about me or what I do. When I speak on wucorp I am speaking as the voice of the hood. I'm just speaking on what I know. Just because I post on the internet does not mean this is where the buck stops.

Some people bust their ass and dig their way out.

And sadly, some niggaz in the hood just aren't that strong, and thats the reality of it. If every nigga made it out of the hood, niggaz wouldn't b callin it tha hood now would they? lol...real life homie...thats all i can say

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Your graff crew is full of devils, god.

I don't believe white people are devils. You got me twisted

You act like you're better than everyone constantly, by preaching your non-fact-based opinions and not considering those of anybody else.

I am a pretty reasonable poster in my opinion. I've agreed with things that you, nicky and eng have said at one point or another in this thread. I honestly think its the other way around

How does graffiti help the struggle? how is that hard? Me and my upper-middle class "crew" will beat down any multi-racial art-school, petty-vandalist san francsico faggots any day of the week.

See this is your problem. This is what completely contradicts what you had JUST said about me being unreasonable and placing myself "above" other people. Why does graffiti have to help the struggle? Why does it have to be "hard"? Blatant misconception from those who aint in tha know. What if writing is just something that is a stress reliever for people in my community? What if its just a way to meet with other youths in the city and try to get OUR messages across since we obviously don't have a voice here. To people on the outside like yourself, it has to be hard, it has to be "for the struggle"....why can't it just be something we like to do? The fact that I have to even explain this on a wu tang forum of all places says more about you than it does about me anyways.....lol how does graffiti help tha struggle.............open YOUR eyes and do tha knowledge

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
You act like you're better than everyone constantly

Me and my upper-middle class "crew" will beat down any multi-racial art-school, petty-vandalist san francsico faggots any day of the week.

Do you see why its hard for me to take u seriously dog? lol

01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
speakonitgod, you seem to be growing up before my eyes.

Your last two posts have been coherent and somewhat sensible.

Maybe I will log off wu-corp and watch food network with my girlfriend. That is the suburban white man's struggle.

Respect it.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 09:38 PM
speakonitgod, you bring nothing productive to any thread.

All you do is bitch.

We can only assume your like this in real life.

01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
Do you see why its hard for me to take u seriously dog? lol

Yes. I suppose I do.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:40 PM
speakonitgod, you bring nothing productive to any thread.

All you do is bitch.

We can only assume your like this in real life.
And all you do in every thread is assume. Now tell me, essentially, whats more detrimental?

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:42 PM
speakonitgod, you seem to be growing up before my eyes.

Your last two posts have been coherent and somewhat sensible.

Maybe I will log off wu-corp and watch food network with my girlfriend. That is the suburban white man's struggle.

Respect it.
meh

Prolifical ENG
01-04-2009, 09:44 PM

Respect it.

hahahahahahahaha

but seriously, I dont know of any first hand kids growing up raised in a rich suburb. Does it really make it hard for them to compete in the business world? (assuming they get the best schooling) I guess we could make another thread that can show the similar concepts the business world and the streets have in common. There are already a bunch of stories out there how inner city kids succeed in the business world without a good education.

i dont care where anyone is from, just stick to the topic.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 09:51 PM
And all you do in every thread is assume. Now tell me, essentially, whats more detrimental?

neither because no ones opinion is going to be changed.

Whats the pool up too?

http://i2.digiguide.com/up/0802/1194469200000-43037-SavingPrivateRyan-1193743173609.jpg

Im from a large blue collar working class suburb bordering Cleveland's Eastside.
In its beginnings, it was mostly white, especially after the white flight to the suburbs in the 50's.
By the late 80's and 90's, during my formative years, blacks from the Eastside began pouring into the suburbs.
There are many apartments and close small lots in my suburb. Blacks lived in the highrise apartments alongside whites.
Some of these apartments were made Section 8. The black kids who lived there used to think it was 'projects'.
It wasn't. King Kennedy/Woodhill Estates in Cleveland is 'projects'

The point....I've heard your story before. I know you. I've lived around you, gone to the same schools as you, lived 5 minutes away from you.

If proving to everyone that your life and your peoples is your greatest struggle, than that's your mission.
I'll leave you alone about. Hell I'll even debate with you civily.

Every hatred you aquire just makes you feel less and less like a human being and more like an animal.
And then they will mock, and treat you as such.

Free yourself GOD

Art Vandelay
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM

takes wu-corp more seriously than TSA

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 09:57 PM
There are already a bunch of stories out there how inner city kids succeed in the business world without a good education.

true.... niggaz in tha hood learn "business" from a very young age.... i mean if u in tha hood u already got a hustle off top....

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 09:59 PM

takes wu-corp more seriously than TSA

i gotta teach deez seedz son

Art Vandelay
01-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Im from a large blue collar working class suburb bordering Cleveland's Eastside.

i love how tooch says he lives in the suburbs on cleveland's eastside. hahaha eastside. he thinks that makes him sound tougher. tooch, just say it how it is. you live in the eastern suburbs.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
^white devil

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Blacks lived in the highrise apartments alongside whites.
Some of these apartments were made Section 8. The black kids who lived there used to think it was 'projects'.
It wasn't. King Kennedy/Woodhill Estates in Cleveland is 'projects'

The point....I've heard your story before. I know you. I've lived around you, gone to the same schools as you, lived 5 minutes away from you.

No no.... I'll tell you what the point is. The point is that you assume so much that even AFTER I call u out on it u senselessly continue 2 do what suburban folks do best and assume everything about the world because they have history channel documentary series on dvd.

All you are trying to do is make it seem as if you are familiar with my people or my problems, which you are not. your dumbass just admitted that there was basically a small community of blacks living amongst whites which was NOT a ghetto. so tell me, how can you be familiar with me or my story? how can YOU relate..... you never lived down the street from no real hood, and even if you did you was only passin by like a sucka anyways.... i live in real projects home boy.... there are homes next to me with wood for windows and bullet holes for decorations.... tha only time i see your kind is when theyre wearin all blue, and thats real talk..........

u kno wat u sound like? u sound like one of them dudes in high school that would go around tellin EVERY nigga that he lives down the street from a rough area or rough street just so niggaz would think he is a part of tha hype............u aint foolin neone dog............i bet u had a good ass childhood...... nigga i bet u had a dog.... and u used 2 play wit ur dog in tha backyard ns hit lol....niggahad a treehouse n shit lol....

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Nah, there too many blacks here, trust me, i wish i grew up in a nicer/whiter place.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Nah, there too many blacks here, trust me, i wish i grew up in a nicer/whiter place.

you had all tha new video games nigga shutup

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:23 PM
tha only time i see your kind is when theyre wearin all blue, and thats real talk..........

well damn you need to get out more.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:25 PM
you had all tha new video games nigga shutup

Nah, i had to wait, but i eventually got shit. My dad worked, my mom worked. We were normal people makin it.

My father didnt abandon us. We have a big, close family.

But yea, it would suck to be like you, i do hear you on that.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 10:28 PM
well damn you need to get out more.

I'm talking about where I live. The only time I see your kind WHERE I LIVE, IN MY HOOD, is when they are in uniform...

But yea, it would suck to be like you, i do hear you on that.

It has more downs than ups, but in turn makes tha ups that much more sweet *poses in bboy stance*

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm talking about where I live. The only time I see your kind WHERE I LIVE, IN MY HOOD, is when they are in uniform...

oh ok...so you live in a black neighborhood? Wow, never heard of one of those before.

It has more downs than ups, but in turn makes tha ups that much more sweet *poses in bboy stance*[/QUOTE]

LOL...wft. Now i'm convinced your white. Or else those SF projects are pretty weak.

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 10:34 PM
LOL...wft. Now i'm convinced your white. Or else those SF projects are pretty weak.

shutup douche please tell me why everytime a rapper comes 2 tha bay they leave without they jewelry.... there was actually a nigga in tha city walkin around wit nas qb chain in 96-97...ive seen pictures lol....

Art Vandelay
01-04-2009, 10:35 PM
some facts about Tooch's hometown

Euclid is home to the National Cleveland-Style Polka Hall of Fame
Euclid is home of the Softball Hall of Fame.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:36 PM
wow, so your still in that stage of mental developement?? Your 22??

God help the bay area.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:38 PM
some facts about Tooch's hometown

Euclid is home to the National Cleveland-Style Polka Hall of Fame
Euclid is home of the Softball Hall of Fame.

Hell yea, we got a ton of Slovenians here. Irish, Croations, Serbs. Negro's unfortunately.

As Bone Thugs N Harmony once said of Euclid in an interview.

"Euclid? Euclid used to be a suburb. Til the black folks started movin' in."

ALCATRAZ
01-04-2009, 10:45 PM
wow, so your still in that stage of mental developement?? Your 22??

God help the bay area.

lol @ mental developement sorry 2 break it 2 ya but thats jus how hood niggaz get down........of course people like u have to be appalled by it otherwise it wouldnt b real nigga shit........u mad

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
LOL..your a trip man.

another story....

recently, in teh Cleveland suburb of Mayfield Heights, an apartment complex made a few buildings section 8.
With it came an influx of Cleveland blacks who got to benefit from a much better public school system

Near the freeway underpass, all of a sudden graffitti began to show up.

It said....'speakonitgod'

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Damn, this thread was supposed to talk about the suburbs but then the hood gets mixed into it.

These days the hood gets too much shine (oxymoron and pun not intended)

But I guess you always need to talk about the contrary.

cutn' heads
01-05-2009, 10:35 AM
i hate suburban strip malls, starbucks, cookie-cutter developments and the like. but, i'll take the burbs over the drug infested, gangland culture that is baltimore city, everday.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Damn, this thread was supposed to talk about the suburbs but then the hood gets mixed into it.

Well if you think about why there would even be the need for suburbs I think you will have answered your own question (I kno u didnt ask a question per say, im jus sayin)

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes the reason for suburbs I answered so someone can own a piece of land within proximity to services and families can live with more comfort and privacy.

This thread was more general to understand suburbs.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 02:02 PM
WIth land available cheaply, and the economic boom after World War II, the rise in accessable appliances like washers, dryers, refridgerators, the construction of Interstate Highways across the country, I mean, all of this fed into the move to the suburbs.

Cities were crowded, dirty, loud. New houses were being built with larger yards, peace and quiet, new schools, etc.

The flight to the suburbs left some cities empty, cities like Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis, etc. so they began to decay.
All of the older cities were in dire need of a makeover anyway, there infrastructure was aging and still is. Plus they started losing some of there tax base.

Just look at population figures for some of the rust belt cities. The Midwest is probably were it happened the worst.
Cleveland has lost half its population since 1950, but the majority of it moved to the suburbs as the metropolitan area, the surrounding cities has increased in population.

Smaller cities like Youngstown, Flint, Gary, and other rust belt towns will never be able to recover.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Cities were crowded, dirty, loud. New houses were being built with larger yards, peace and quiet, new schools, limited black people, etc.

edited

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Just kill yourself. Its obvious you hate being alive anyway.

But that might have been a very minor reason for some, but definitely not the deciding factor. It was bigger than you.

food for thought
01-05-2009, 02:27 PM
damn i been sleeping on this thread lol

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
But that might have been a very minor reason for some, but definitely not the deciding factor. It was bigger than you.

I never said it was the deciding factor but for you to imply that the issue of blacks living amongst whites at that time was "very minor" is ridiculous.....stop tryin 2 downplay shit.....the truth stings i kno

food for thought
01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I think you need to define projects

hahahhahahahah another classic impostor quote

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Its obvious you hate being alive anyway.

Its obvious you hate the fact that you are privileged

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Its obvious you hate the fact that you are privileged

Semi-privileged. I wish i was rich, But im not. I gotta work. You should try it. My daddy didnt abandon me.
Like i said before, it would suck to be you.

I never said it was the deciding factor but for you to imply that the issue of blacks living amongst whites at that time was "very minor" is ridiculous.....stop tryin 2 downplay shit.....the truth stings i kno

I took a course on U.S. Urban History..300 level, so it wasn't no beginner shit like comparative politcs 101...Anyway, your not hittin me with some 'knowledge' I dont already know.

It was not the overriding reason they left. Because they left white neighborhoods. Black only moved in after they left.

You need schooling.

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Of course there was racial discrimination during the early years of the first suburban sprawls. It wasn't a method to "get away from those minorities" however it would be more difficult for an ethnic minority who can afford to buy a suburban property is many places in fear of the seller losing the land value.

LORD NOSE
01-05-2009, 02:52 PM
whats a suburb ?

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Semi-privileged.

lol @ white americans saying they are semi privileged

lol @ the mere thought of that

My daddy didnt abandon me.

guess that makes two of us

I took a course on U.S. Urban History..300 level

oh well hey everybody well would u look at that! einstein over here took a us urban history class............IN COLLEGE *gasps ensue*

yew iz hekka book smortz

...Anyway, your not hittin me with some 'knowledge' I dont already know.

Why do you always act as if im tryna kick knowledge...Im just refuting tha bullshit u spew

You need schooling.

You need sunscreen.

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 02:56 PM
whats a suburb ?

excellent....we are trying to figure it out

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Of course there was racial discrimination during the early years of the first suburban sprawls. It wasn't a method to "get away from those minorities" however it would be more difficult for an ethnic minority who can afford to buy a suburban property is many places in fear of the seller losing the land value.

Exactly. This is a sane response. One that is not influence by hatred for a race of people.

guess that makes two of us

oh well hey everybody well would u look at that! einstein over here took a us urban history class............IN COLLEGE *gasps ensue*

yew iz hekka book smortz

Why do you always act as if im tryna kick knowledge...Im just refuting tha bullshit u spew

You need sunscreen.

Ok, i'll humor you because im your favorite poster.

If I'm priviledged over you cuz im white...that good. I'll take that just like I'll take the priviledge of being better looking than ugly people.
Like I said, it SUCKS to be you.

Secondly, your hatred for the white man if holding you down badly. Look at all the successful brotha's we have on this board. Look at your President.
Evey race has them....your just a whiny slacker.

And finally...nope, I dont need sunscreen. My olive skin loves the sun.

Do you want some cash??? I'll wire it to ya, if you need to eat next week. I'm not above charity work for the poor.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
oh yea i forgot tha black plight dissolved once that nigga was declared tha projected winner how silly of me

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Well finally, you said something true.

cutn' heads
01-05-2009, 04:32 PM

wow. it's refreshing to hear a black racist speak his mind. good job...

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 04:36 PM
wow. it's refreshing to hear a black racist speak his mind. good job...
realist....you mean black realist

cutn' heads
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
realist....you mean black realist

no, i meant racist, and i also meant that it was nice to hear. sometimes i can get caught up in the media hype and forget that black are just as ignorant and misguided when it comes to white folks as whites are to blacks. so, thank you...

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 06:36 PM
your people r tha ones always pokin their noses in other peoples business....not tha other way around stupid

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
speakonitgod just got sonned by a dude with 61 posts and a red bar

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
speakonitgod just got sonned by a dude with 61 posts and a red bar
dude just broke the number one rule in hip hop and admitted he *believes the hype* and I am the one who got sonned? Nice try buddy.....

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
black are just as ignorant and misguided when it comes to white folks as whites are to blacks

hahahahahahahahahahahha only.......and i mean ONLY a white person could say something like this..............hahaahahahahahhaha

01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahha only.......and i mean ONLY a white person could say something like this..............hahaahahahahahhaha

You're retarded. Black people are just as stupid.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
not true homie..........you see when you live in a bubble like those living in suburbia, you can be spoon fed anything about anyone and as long as its validated by sum dude sittin in front of a library of books yall will cherish their word..........blacks on tha other hand are at the bottom of tha totem pole.. you cant put anything past us in terms of race relations because we experience the brunt of it... its like tryin 2 kid a kidder

food for thought
01-05-2009, 06:57 PM
edit : nevermind lol

01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
not true homie..........you see when you live in a bubble like those living in suburbia, you can be spoon fed anything about anyone and as long as its validated by sum dude sittin in front of a library of books yall will cherish their word..........blacks on tha other hand are at the bottom of tha totem pole.. you cant put anything past us in terms of race relations because we experience the brunt of it... its like tryin 2 kid a kidder

There is a lack of understanding on both sides.

But the mere fact that you said that NO WHITE PEOPLE live in your neighborhood speaks volumes.

People are always going to naturally gravitate more towards people who look like them. WHITE AND BLACK people.

However, it is more of a socioeconomic thing nowadays. I have had and continue to have, black friends.

However, most of them were from similar backgrounds as me. I don't have any truly poor black friends.

On the same token, I don't have any truly poor white friends. People seek out similar people to interact with. BLACK AND WHITE PEOPLE.

Are race relations perfect? Hell no. Far from it. Is it harder to be black? I would say so.

However, a black person who works hard and is intelligent can obviously make it out of the ghetto and reach the very top. That is fact.

It is far from impossible. You either cry about it, or you bust your ass.

That is facts.

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 07:10 PM
You could call some suburban people spoon fed.

On the other hand some are working their asses off to pay off a mortgage on their new house that they can barely afford.

They buy a big house they cant afford and a nice car they cant afford then go to the supermarket to buy reduced produce, bread, and meat. Be cheap with everything else.

Some take 40 years to pay off their mortgages.

Of course its different elsewhere. Many people would be on the streets if they miss 3 paychecks. Rent money runs you into a hole going nowhere.

I know one guy that owns his own condo and he didnt understand how some people have a little less room than he has and are paying way more for renting. The difference is he managed to save up 20K to put down.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I would say that the people trapped in the ghetto and projects their whole lives are teh ones with a distorted view of society because they know nothing besides the ghetto, similar to rich people who rarely leave their gated community.

Its the people in between that are the most exposed to all facets of life.

I've known poor whites/blacks, rich whites/blacks.....and just your average of both.

At the end of the day, people are people. I got black neighbors that i look out for and they do the same for me.

You are the one who is sheltered.
If, as you say, the only white people you come in contact with are cops, than you have obviously never left your neighborhood.
San Fran is not a black city either.

I think you just hate white people. Or at least you blame them for your seemingly awful existence.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
However, a black person who works hard and is intelligent can obviously make it out of the ghetto and reach the very top. That is fact.

All tha shit u say is true but think about how it sounds to someone who is living in the hood when you, someone from the OUTside, says "you can rise from this its so easy just put your mind to it"... its not that easy is wat im tryin 2 say....it aint just "well i think im done with hood life i think i'll try to do better now".....its not as cookie cut clear as some of u make it out to be

01-05-2009, 09:28 PM
All tha shit u say is true but think about how it sounds to someone who is living in the hood when you, someone from the OUTside, says "you can rise from this its so easy just put your mind to it"... its not that easy is wat im tryin 2 say....it aint just "well i think im done with hood life i think i'll try to do better now".....its not as cookie cut clear as some of u make it out to be

I agree with you what you're saying.

Why would a black person(or white person) from the hood listen to me tell them what it takes to make it out?

Why would I listen to a black person(or white person) who lives in the hood telling me about how to succeed in office politics?

SO, who is a black person from the hood going to be influenced by?

Say you are an affluent black person who is successful, respected, and actually worked your way out of the hood.

Are you being more helpful to your people by telling them that the white man is evil, that he hates you, and that you should reject his ways, or by telling them that if they bust their ass and catch a few breaks, it is far from impossible to make out of the hood?

When a prominent black man says something like that, he gets labeled an Uncle Tom, and get's disrespected by the same people he came up with.

Some poor white people have that same mentality.

If somebody makes, and then tries to help you by setting an example, they are a sell out.

They hate to see one of their own make it... Now I know years of conditioning has something to do with this, but is it possible that some people from a tough situation don't like the fact that others make it out, because it makes them question why they haven't made it out?

Crabs in a barrel...

Bill Cosby is a trill-ass nigga.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Are you being more helpful to your people by telling them that the white man is evil, that he hates you, and that you should reject his ways, or by telling them that if they bust their ass and catch a few breaks, it is far from impossible to make out of the hood?

Where do you keep coming up with these white people are evil and we should reject their ways bullshit. I've never said anything that deep about white people I just say you guys are good at assuming things because you don't experience as much as people with color do. You only have Newsweek to go off of. It is possible to make it out of the hood but even though the solution may seem like a breeze to you, to the average ninja in tha hood he could have an entirely different mindstate

white kids growing up are taught to succeed, black and latin kids growing up are taught to survive..... ur comparin apples n oranges here

and bill cosby is a coon

01-05-2009, 09:45 PM
The thing is, you don't have any idea what people in suburb's experience. You don't know anything about their upbringing and mentality.

We are not your enemies, and we don't want to be.

Bill Cosby busted his ass for years and did stand up comedy and made independent films for United Artists that were intended for black people and then, once he was rich, made the Cosby Show, with a point to depict a successful and functional black family.

Then he got old and told black people some real shit.

BILL COSBY CAME UP FROM THE GHETTO. And when he started keeping it real, telling people the only tried and true way to make it out of the ghetto, motherfuckers got mad cause it was easy and it wasn't "b-boy style" and call him a coon.

I'm not defending white people, but don't tell me black people have any better of a mentality.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 10:08 PM
speakonitgod's got the 'mentality'. the bad one. His life will be depressing and futile.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
The thing is, you don't have any idea what people in suburb's experience. You don't know anything about their upbringing and mentality.

I wish I could have quotes in my sig because what you just said is more than worthy of a sig quote lol. Like tha suburbs are some kind of mystery hahahahahah

We are not your enemies, and we don't want to be.

I never said white people were our enemies wtf, there u go like nickytooch assumin shit again

Bill Cosby busted his ass for years and did stand up comedy and made independent films for United Artists that were intended for black people and then, once he was rich, made the Cosby Show, with a point to depict a successful and functional black family.

I can give a fuck about his career. Bill Cosby bashes on black people more than the KKK, no one here identifies with him. Even the old folks hate his guts. He is a snake in a human costume.

BILL COSBY CAME UP FROM THE GHETTO.

So did Colin Powell what is your point

I'm not defending white people, but don't tell me black people have any better of a mentality.

if by "better" you mean "more realistic" than i would have to disagree with you wholeheartedly.. like i said before, those in the hood are at the bottom.. you cant sugar coat shit to niggaz who are poor.... i cant believe u actually think people in the suburbs have an equal view of the world that those who struggle do....are u half awake right now or just trying to save urself embarassment....

like huey newton once said.."I think that we differ from some other groups simply because we understand the system better than most groups understand the system"

is he preachin popa wu politics? no, he's just saying what is there and what is evident

Art Vandelay
01-05-2009, 10:13 PM
are all of you cunts still arguing about this same shit?

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM
cooldan just cant accept the fact that those who live in poverty have a better (see: more realistic) perception of reality than those who dont

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 10:18 PM
How about Compton. Is Compton a suburb?

01-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I wish I could have quotes in my sig because what you just said is more than worthy of a sig quote lol. Like tha suburbs are some kind of mystery hahahahahah

That is just as ignorant as saying "the ghetto is simple and easily explained" A lot of people people in the suburbs have busted their ass to get there. You can never again criticize someone for judging what they don't know.

I never said white people were our enemies wtf, there u go like nickytooch assumin shit again

You have implied it constantly. You also speak as though black people and white people are naturally and inherently different, as opposed to different because of background and upbringing. You are inherently racist.

I can give a fuck about his career. Bill Cosby bashes on black people more than the KKK, no one here identifies with him. Even the old folks hate his guts. He is a snake in a human costume.

Bill Cosby speaks the truth. He bashes ignorant black people. Bottom line. People hate him because of the truth.

So did Colin Powell what is your point

Colin Powell, the republican? I guarantee you that if he had the nuts to say what he truly thought of black people, you all would hate him too.

if by "better" you mean "more realistic" than i would have to disagree with you wholeheartedly.. like i said before, those in the hood are at the bottom.. you cant sugar coat shit to niggaz who are poor.... i cant believe u actually think people in the suburbs have an equal view of the world that those who struggle do....are u half awake right now or just trying to save urself embarassment....

I said that they have different views. Obviously they are not equal. It is foolish to think that people from the "hood" have a more realistic view.

like huey newton once said.."I think that we differ from some other groups simply because we understand the system better than most groups understand the system"

is he preachin popa wu politics? no, he's just saying what is there and what is evident

If people in the hood really understood the way things work, they wouldn't be in the hood.

And, if you, speakonitgod, are the voice of the hood, then the hood is narrow-minded, self-defeating, and unwilling to learn or accept the fact that at age 22, they don't know everything.

Either way, I now realize that there is nothing to be gained from attempting to have a serious discussion with you.

food for thought
01-05-2009, 10:20 PM
Say you are an affluent black person who is successful, respected, and actually worked your way out of the hood.

When a prominent black man says something like that, he gets labeled an Uncle Tom, and get's disrespected by the same people he came up with.

this is nonsense and shows your ignorance about Blacks

nobody tells another perosn in the hood that they need to say fuck working and just sit around and complain about white ppl. this is nonsense.

and we dont call ppl who are successful uncle toms. this is nonsense.

this was ignorant as fuck

Then he got old and told black people some real shit.

BILL COSBY CAME UP FROM THE GHETTO. And when he started keeping it real, telling people the only tried and true way to make it out of the ghetto, motherfuckers got mad cause it was easy and it wasn't "b-boy style" and call him a coon.

cosby is a coon.

what he said wasnt real shit. do u know what he said?he talked about some shit that applies to all races and ppl in low income bracket and then put all that shit on blacks like black ppl were the only ones that are affected by their circumstances. not only that, the main thing that got the community and activists heated was the setting in which he made those statements. the type of shit he was saying, needed to be said amongst his own ppl in their own privacy. u dont go to Bill O Reillys show, and sean hannitys show, talking to Ann Coulter, these type of ppl who are enemies of the community with their ignorant views, talking about this shit. IN THEIR EYES ALL HE DID WAS CONFIRM IGNORANT ASS STEREOTYPES ABOUT BLACK FOLK AND CAUSED PPL LIKE YOU TO HAVE THESE TYPES OF VIEWS. there are numerous scholars that study the shit he was talking about and make their speeches but they are never covered.he was out of line and talking nonsense and this had been proven.

just cause u come from the hood it dont make you "down" for lack of a better word.

theres always been two types of black folks in the words of Malcolm X.....

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Figuratively speaking you could say that Compton is a suburb of Los Angeles.. But Los Angeles has a different set up all together. Cali doesn't have as many projects as New York does... buildings that span for blocks and blocks....we have little lobby looking things....our projects look more similar to thsoe in the south.....so the hood in LA can be a regular street of homes, but those street of homes are regulated by the streets local gang.... la gang culture is different also as a result of that

01-05-2009, 10:24 PM
cooldan just cant accept the fact that those who live in poverty have a better (see: more realistic) perception of reality than those who dont

Reality and perception are obviously different for poor people and rich people. Who is to say whose are more valid?

If you had to pick one, wouldn't you value the opinion of the successful more, regardless of how you measure success?

Isn't that what everyone strives for? Be it monetary or strictly self-actualization...

Either way, you're reality is clearly stupid. You believe in elite societies and made-up bullshit.

As I said, I realize there is nothing to be gained.

Wallow in your filth and self-pity and blame lizard people.

I don't give a fuck

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 10:24 PM
lol u dont kno tha suburbs dog.........u dont kno wat niggaz had 2 do to reach tha burbs dog..............u dont even kno

u foo

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 10:27 PM
You believe in elite societies and made-up bullshit.

ok now ur just sayin anything lololol i never said that shit hahahahaahah

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 10:29 PM
Figuratively speaking you could say that Compton is a suburb of Los Angeles.. But Los Angeles has a different set up all together. Cali doesn't have as many projects as New York does... buildings that span for blocks and blocks....we have little lobby looking things....our projects look more similar to thsoe in the south.....so the hood in LA can be a regular street of homes, but those street of homes are regulated by the streets local gang.... la gang culture is different also as a result of that

I guess what I was getting at is these terms are always contrary when if fact they shouldnt be.

01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
this is nonsense and shows your ignorance about Blacks

nobody tells another perosn in the hood that they need to say fuck working and just sit around and complain about white ppl. this is nonsense.

and we dont call ppl who are successful uncle toms. this is nonsense.

this was ignorant as fuck

cosby is a coon.

what he said wasnt real shit. do u know what he said?he talked about some shit that applies to all races and ppl in low income bracket and then put all that shit on blacks like black ppl were the only ones that are affected by their circumstances. not only that, the main thing that got the community and activists heated was the setting in which he made those statements. the type of shit he was saying, needed to be said amongst his own ppl in their own privacy. u dont go to Bill O Reillys show, and sean hannitys show, talking to Ann Coulter, these type of ppl who are enemies of the community with their ignorant views, talking about this shit. IN THEIR EYES ALL HE DID WAS CONFIRM IGNORANT ASS STEREOTYPES ABOUT BLACK FOLK AND CAUSED PPL LIKE YOU TO HAVE THESE TYPES OF VIEWS. there are numerous scholars that study the shit he was talking about and make their speeches but they are never covered.he was out of line and talking nonsense and this had been proven.

just cause u come from the hood it dont make you "down" for lack of a better word.

theres always been two types of black folks in the words of Malcolm X.....

All the shit I just said to speakonitgod applies here. There isn't too much more to add...

I like how you are trying to group all blacks in to one opinion group, like you guys are all the same....

You call black people who don't think the same way you do uncle toms. That is fact.

I agree that BIll said things that apply to all poor people. But he specifically addressed blacks because that is the group that he cares about and is trying to help. He may not have said it eloquently, but it came from the heart, and there was a lot of truth to it. For all poor people.

Again, when you say that I am "ignorant of blacks". The black people I hang with now are adults I know from work, are successful, and don't have chips on their shoulders. They wouldn't like you.

The black people I hung out in school would have clowned you for being a bitch, as GZA said "a black activist on some so-called scholar's dick", because they just wanted to get drunk, pass their classes, and fuck white chicks, just like me.

You want white people and black people to be inherently different, just like a white supremacist, because it suits your agenda.

The only differences are appearance, upbringing, and culture, which I admit are huge, but deep down, were all the same.

Prolifical ENG
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Ive seen many kids that lived in the richest part of town not succeed. Growing up their parents are working so fucking much for all that shit they are pretty much neglected and thats when the trouble starts and get into all the shit their parents didn't want them around. Especially when they have that much freedom too and get most things handed to them.

Stupid kids.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
speakonitgod defaces property with graffiti. He is a criminal with who has never been outside a 5 block radius.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2009, 11:08 PM
shutup new york virgin

Olive Oil Goombah
01-05-2009, 11:10 PM
hahahaa.....man you really are retarded. New York...

cutn' heads
01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
the real issue here is class, not race.

WARPATH
01-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I hear a lot of ignorant shit regarding suburbs on the internet and on hip-hop forums in particular. Its time to do a KTL thread about them. I guess we can start by laying out the facts.

In most places its fucking hard to afford one the the newer houses. Even the older houses had bigger lots but geographically they arent much better.

As the demand goes up, the area around the city that used to be the best farming soil is used to build on. Cars dont make things efficient.

The older suburban houses built in the babyboomer era are prime now with the bigger lots and a lot closer to the city....taxes are huge.

That's not to far from the truth. Really, It all depends on what city we're talking about.

WARPATH
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM
How about Compton. Is Compton a suburb?

My mom lived there. She laughed when she first heard Snoop Dogg, said Long Beach was mad nice when she lived in compton.

WARPATH
01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
The further you go out the richer people get. That's not saying there aren't poor people in the suburbs or rich people in the inner city.

Communities within a city can be different, section to section.

The reason why it comes up in hip hop though, is because you find more white americans in the suburbs then in other parts of the city. But then again white people are everywhere, in America at least so..........

Art Vandelay
01-06-2009, 12:38 PM
My mom lived there. She laughed when she first heard Snoop Dogg, said Long Beach was mad nice when she lived in compton.

snoop was pimpin your mom

Edgar Erebus
01-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Nice booty right there.