PDA

View Full Version : I Had No Idea Nas Nigger

pep
01-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Was such an awesome album...yo, i got a whole new respect for this dude..i think about how on other sites there is this big nas lost campaign, and the whole jim jones 50 cent thing and i'm like..yo, the establishment wants you to disregard this man..thoughts??

Olive Oil Goombah
01-03-2009, 01:07 PM
i think your a fucking idiot but thats nothing new.

pep
01-03-2009, 01:10 PM
you like jim jones.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-03-2009, 01:11 PM
The only thing I remember of the Obama album was the intro. The I listened thru it once, didnt get any desire to listen to it again, and deleted it from my HD.

I felt like I took a loss though for actually taking the time to listen to it, after he got corporately dick whipped out of calling it "Obama" I lost all respect for this Obama honestly.

I just came to the conclusion though that he was just a dumb guy. It takes along time for an Illmatic fan to completely accept that Nas is a dumbass, but 1nce u finally accpet it its a relief honestly because you never have to be let down by a Nas album again.

So lets all just accept the fact Illmatic was written by Tragedy and move on from it.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-03-2009, 01:13 PM
you like jim jones.

haha...nah.

I'll check out the album, but when Nas is trying to be political, it reminds me of when Kanye West tries to be. Lame, and nobody cares what they think.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-03-2009, 01:16 PM
I just came to the conclusion though that he was just a dumb guy. It takes along time for an Illmatic fan to completely accept that Nas is a dumbass, but 1nce u finally accpet it its a relief honestly because you never have to be let down by a Nas album again.

So lets all just accept the fact Illmatic was written by Tragedy and move on from it.

LOL...I'm starting to agree with this. I think he is not only dumb, but he is also lazy. On illmatic he wrote about what he knew, and he knew it well.

Than he tried to be something he isn't.

Or it could be that we will always judge him by Illmatic, and he could never duplicate that (nobody could) and thats that.

pep
01-03-2009, 01:20 PM
i'm one of those who had somewhat written nas off...i kinda took it that after illmatic he had slowly declined in quality..but for some reason i just clicked on some joints on youtube this morning and i'm like whoa..dude can write his ass off..i dont really like the song black president but joints like testify, queens get $, america, hero, and a bunch of other joints...yo, shit is nice..i dont take it as much as him being political...not to soapbox out or no shit but most black men at some point come to a point in there lives when we realize certain things we thought growing up were bullshit and also become aware to the true structure of this systemmits just part of the shit we go thru...cant be a nigger 4ever...

beautifulrock
01-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Philosophize pep, philosophize

pep
01-03-2009, 01:23 PM
LOL...I'm starting to agree with this. I think he is not only dumb, but he is also lazy. On illmatic he wrote about what he knew, and he knew it well.

Than he tried to be something he isn't.

Or it could be that we will always judge him by Illmatic, and he could never duplicate that (nobody could) and thats that.
he was probably writting about what he had been exposed to more so than what he knew as a 20 year old, now hes writting from the perspective of an older man..who knows, either way, i was plesantly surprised..

pep
01-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Philosophize pep, philosophize
further more, this that and the third, and what have you..nah, im not grandstanding or no shit..but your perspective on shit do change as you get older and wiser, and i think thats all it is....i dont know, my main thing i wanted to say tho is that dude can write his friggin ass off!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
01-03-2009, 01:26 PM
hmm...i think he just hasn't communicated it well, plus his choice of beats and hooks has been shit.

Thats fine, Nas is growing up. I guess I'll buy that one. But the dude is damn near 40, it took long enough.

beautifulrock
01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
further more, this that and the third, and what have you..nah, im not grandstanding or no shit..but your perspective on shit do change as you get older and wiser, and i think thats all it is....i dont know, my main thing i wanted to say tho is that dude can write his friggin ass off!!!
Gotta look up to your elders, at the tender age of 33, you are like the Gandalf of this shit, so preach on.

JohnMilton
01-03-2009, 01:30 PM
yo 'lace what album is that killarmy video

food for thought
01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
"425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fq72LPQmb1Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fq72LPQmb1Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LMAO @ dickydoouche posting in hip hop shop. trying to act like hes down after he got called a hip hop impostor at ktl LOL

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
yo 'lace what album is that killarmy video

Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, son!

JohnMilton
01-03-2009, 01:54 PM
peace g , good looking out ima download in a few

Suga Duga
01-03-2009, 02:23 PM
best thing in this thread is your sig, pep, not the nas album

YungSunny
01-03-2009, 03:05 PM
The only people who hate Nigger,are Illmatic dickriders. Fact.

INF
01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
I havent listened to this since it leaked. I listened to it obsessively till about 2 weeks after it dropped. Just put it on now though since you mention it and , yeah, this was everything that the poor listener of today needed to hear. this was some good stuff.Nas made up for some wack moves with this.

I still wish he woulda released it as "nigger" though.

pep
01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
best thing in this thread is your sig, pep, not the nas album
peace on that...yo, u know what, its just that its an album full of concept rimes...instead of random freestyles, hes sticking to the subject matter and all that...i dig the beats also...that we are not alone is my shit...

beautifulrock
01-03-2009, 03:17 PM
just get the Alize out of your avitar, that's watered down fruitty cognac for bitches, MYEACKGH

INF
01-03-2009, 03:19 PM
I can only wait till the day my daughter is old enough to braid my hair. You doin it big right now pep. Thats real ballin!

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 03:25 PM
The only thing I remember of the Obama album was the intro. The I listened thru it once, didnt get any desire to listen to it again, and deleted it from my HD.

I felt like I took a loss though for actually taking the time to listen to it, after he got corporately dick whipped out of calling it "Obama" I lost all respect for this Obama honestly.

You ain't allowed to say Obama, Hillary.

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Funny thing is how everyone was big on Untitled when it came out, but since all that "Nas lost" thing shit became cool to bash on the album.

People care too much about other people's opinions, that's what it is.

War and Peace
01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
yo i remember bein disappointed nas didnt title it nigger cuz i thought dude was comin with some real creativity and hype for callin the album that-
then i saw the cover with N whipped on his back and i was like a'ite,
this joint dont even need a title-
ill ill album cover-

pep
01-03-2009, 03:41 PM
You ain't allowed to say Obama, Hillary.
lol...i kinda didnt like that obama comment either but i let it slide..dont be mad the man won, just get your campaign right in 2012 or whenever...

pep
01-03-2009, 03:43 PM
just get the Alize out of your avitar, that's watered down fruitty cognac for bitches, MYEACKGH
you CANNOT front on alize and henny, or alize and moet...

pep
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I havent listened to this since it leaked. I listened to it obsessively till about 2 weeks after it dropped. Just put it on now though since you mention it and , yeah, this was everything that the poor listener of today needed to hear. this was some good stuff.Nas made up for some wack moves with this.

I still wish he woulda released it as "nigger" though.
even if not for the political message in the joints cats today could benefit from hearing a rapper stay on message(lol) and come with creative concepts..

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-03-2009, 03:47 PM
yo peppermint, braiding you hair should stop once you reach 30 yo, real talk wahtever

PLus you dont know that its bad for your hair? youll get premature baldspots

Crack Killz
01-03-2009, 03:57 PM
The only people who hate Nigger,are Illmatic dickriders. Fact.

If it wasn't for google you wouldnt know what half the slang words in Illmatic mean.Fact.

Lil boy.

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 03:58 PM
lol...i kinda didnt like that obama comment either but i let it slide..dont be mad the man won, just get your campaign right in 2012 or whenever...

Nothing that serious buddy, he just thinks he must follow Jim Jones' example and say "Obama" instead of "nigga". Otherwise he's white, that explains a lotta things.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-03-2009, 04:03 PM
^hahahahaha!! this obama's life revolves around GHOSTLACED dah GRATE!!

FLYER THAN A OSTRICH

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 04:06 PM
It's just too bad that I can't prove you wrong, you infested every single thread in this section.

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Although, when we talk about riding already, I never made a thread about another poster in hip-hop section.

pep
01-03-2009, 04:09 PM
lets get ready to rumble lol...

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-03-2009, 04:12 PM
LOl SLIM T U KNOW THAT I JUSTIFY YOUR WHOLE EXISTENCE ON THIS SITE KID!!!!!!

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Fucking God.

You're so fucking retarded I really don't have nerves to argue with you anymore. You go on ignore - I don't give a fuck how much are you gonna celebrate it, I ain't gonna see it anyway - hoping someday you'll get bored with your own attention whoring. You already know I'ma post that message after every post of yours and neg rep you for existing from time to time, so don't get madder than you already are.

Edgar Erebus
01-03-2009, 04:26 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/statusicon/post_old.gif Today, 11:12 PM Remove user from ignore list (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=39917)
http://www.shift-1.com/1.gif GHOSTLACED (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=39917) This message is hidden because GHOSTLACED is on your ignore list (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/profile.php?do=editlist).

This way.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-03-2009, 04:33 PM
You already know I'ma post that message after every post of yours and neg rep you for existing from time to time, so don't get madder than you already are.

HA!! I drove this guy nuts!! I think he is literally having a nervous breakdown.

....Success!!

Plus this stalker maniac is STILL gonna be draggin on my nuts my his mouth, hes gonna put me on ignore but still take the time to follow my posts around each time, defeating the object - SELF ETHER BOY!!

How you gonna put someone on ignore (someone who you obsseivly reply to everyone one of their posts) how you gonna put them on ignore but then still spend time replying to all their posts letting them know their on ignore?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

Does no one else see how fucked up in the head this guy is? THIS GUY IS IN LOVE WITH ME!!

LOVE!!

He pretends he doesnt like me but cant help himself replying to ALL 100% of my posts all the time on all subjects even when I nothing about him. Guy is a weirdo.

Thank god at least I dont have to read your opinions about me anymore at least. You really do think that I care about that message dont you? Dont you see how much of a freak you have made yourself look?

TIME TO CELELBRATE

7jZmntdzFBY

claaa7
01-04-2009, 10:04 AM
i remember downloading this album the day it leaked and listening through it before i went to my job and was left real dissapointed. after "The Nigger Tape" i was hyped as fuck thinking this album would be on some throwback Boom-Bap shit.

once i revisited this album a couple more times i really started feeling it, in fact i'm listening to it right now, and it's a really good LP. lyrically it's great and Nas flow and delivery is still illmatic. there is a couple of beats that are sub-par but the majority is nice. from tracks 7-12 it definitely sounds like you're listening to a classic album imo.

4/5

supreme M
01-04-2009, 10:32 AM
when nas dropped the single hero i was hyped as fuck. it was a good single

i dl it, burned it, put it in the cd deck and went to bed. anybody seen a clockwork orange, when the dudes listen to ludvig van's 9th cympony and he almost kills himself its so bad? ya i felt like that, and i broke the cd and swore id never listen to that shit again true story

pep
01-04-2009, 02:35 PM
when nas dropped the single hero i was hyped as fuck. it was a good single

i dl it, burned it, put it in the cd deck and went to bed. anybody seen a clockwork orange, when the dudes listen to ludvig van's 9th cympony and he almost kills himself its so bad? ya i felt like that, and i broke the cd and swore id never listen to that shit again true story
lol...to be honest i havent heard the album front to back, just youtubing the shit, but i must say i consider myself a nas fan again

PsYkOsUs
01-04-2009, 02:44 PM
haha...nah.

I'll check out the album, but when Nas is trying to be political, it reminds me of when Kanye West tries to be. Lame, and nobody cares what they think.

That's ignorant as fuck.. You obviously aren't familiar with Nas' music at all.. Go buy a couple albums and educate yourself before you shoot off at the mouth with something so stupid..

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM
i own pretty much all Nas albums than i stopped cuz he disapointed more and more.

Are you a Nas stan? there were a buncha those at the BBS Nas boards back in the day. Defend every bad song he made.

The thing I don't like about Nas being political is that he tries to act like he is above everything, like he didn't contribute to hip hop bein what it is today with his Escobar bullshit.
Than he wants to pop off about what everyone elses problem is.

To me, he comes off as very hypocritical when he is doin shit like that.

WHats he trying to represent??
He'll write a rhyme dissin every single successful black person he don't like, easy targets, like Kobe(who aint even from the hood) and then act like he's above them.

ARe you a black nationalist Nas?? Thats fine, but say it, don't hint at it.
But then he'll talk some equality of all races in the next line.
You can't be both. Its not possible.

THese are our Heroes.....good concept for a song, but whats his message? Any black man that obtains success is a sellout?
I understand there are sellouts, but what makes someone a sellout? Cuz he doesn't live how Nas thinks they should live? Or say what he thinks they should?

Nas don't even kno what the hell he is. One day he's Nasty Nas, next day he's naming himself after a ruthless colombian drug lord,then he's a disciple, prophet, now he's political.
this dude has petty opinions and critiques about everything but he don't stand for shit.

And that concludes my Nas rant.

cap
01-04-2009, 03:17 PM
off course this is a great album,only people that dont realise it are those who let attention whores like toastfaced dictate whats hot or what not.

YungSunny
01-04-2009, 04:15 PM
If it wasn't for google you wouldnt know what half the slang words in Illmatic mean.Fact.

Lil boy.

Actually, nas was pretty straightforward in illmatic compared to, let's say, God's Son

Olive Oil Goombah
01-04-2009, 04:17 PM
^which makes me wonder even more how much of an actor Nas is.

hehsy5sy5
01-04-2009, 07:53 PM
this was sorta mediocre, aint a match with nas's first few albums, but i take this for a spin once in a while and its fun and enjoyable to listen to. just not somethin im bumpin on the daily. wishful thinkin nas will go bak to some illmatic shit