PDA

View Full Version : Was Enta Da Stage the album that brought THUGGARY to the east?

TSA
01-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Was Enta Da Stage the album that brought THUGGARY to the east?
I can't really think of any albums from NY before it that was just heartless ignorant knuckhead asshole THUGGARY. G Rap was more concious and mafiay, im talking wanting to kick everyones ass and tie up their only daughter, then leaving their body floating in some bloody bath water.

Tracks
01-07-2009, 07:08 PM
your not from the east, thats clear.

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Just Ice, Steady B, Cool C, Schoolly D - all 80's "thuggary" from the east

TSA
01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
your not from the east, thats clear.
lmao neither are you

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2009, 07:24 PM
god TSA just stop with the bullshit.

arent you the same guy who said Teddy Riley the R n B producer should be high on a hip hop producers list because he invented new jack swing?

ahahahhaaaha

TSA
01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Just Ice, Steady B, Cool C, Schoolly D - all 80's "thuggary" from the east
never heard them, except Just Ice and that's not what im talking about

a 'gangster' element had always been there, but i mean flat out gangsta rap, i didn't wanna say it in those words cause the dumb will starting thinking of the west

but i mean like you listen to The Chronic and there's a method to the madness, its gangsta rap but there's strong black nationalist overtones and seems like they're being thugs for a reason which was the tradition prior to Doggystyle. You can say the same about Ice Cube early pac and NWA.

then Doggystyle came out and they were being thugs and pissing on stuff for no fuckin reason what so ever which is the tradition everyone followed there after.

Theres no purpose, message, or method to the madness on Enta Da Stage other then the prevelant theme of "Blackmoon with bust your faggot ass pusseh"

TSA
01-07-2009, 07:30 PM
i dont even think Just Ice said cuss words lol

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2009, 07:36 PM
You never even heard of Schooly D?, Kool G Rap, 36 Chambers was released in the same month, BDP even can lay claim back in 86, even Paid In Full and Run DMC can classed as hardcore.

Plus Juvenile hell came several months before Enta Da Stage....

So basically youre whole arguement is over before the 2nd page.

Out.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2009, 07:38 PM
O yea, AND Bacdafucup came out before it too.

TSA
01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
juvenile hell was a heralding memoir of 2 young boys caught in a poor situation

im talking about albums where the rappers ARE the bad situation.

Raising Hell has no cuss words and i never onces cause Hardcore, Paid In Full is pure lyricism as rakim has always been and prides himself in being.

G rap isn't what im talking about either, any nonidiot would know that but its hard to find the words to seperate G from Blackmoon, but they're completely different approachs to street rap

BacDaFucUp is the only good answer yet.

Hollow Dartz
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Steady B and Cool C as previously stated. They were the real deal. Cool C is about to serve a death sentence for shooting a cop. Steady B is in jail for life. They tried to rob a bank in philly. My dad had some of their old shit, they were ok.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2009, 07:52 PM
juvenile hell was a heralding memoir of 2 young boys caught in a poor situation

Raising Hell has no cuss words and i never onces cause Hardcore, Paid In Full is pure lyricism as rakim has always been and prides himself in being.

G rap isn't what im talking about either, any nonidiot would know that but its hard to find the words to seperate G from Blackmoon, but they're completely different approachs to street rap

BacDaFucUp is the only good answer yet.

^still doesnt know who Schooley D is

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Theres no purpose, message, or method to the madness on Enta Da Stage other then the prevelant theme of "Blackmoon with bust your faggot ass pusseh"

thats exactly what Just Ice, Steady B, Cool C, and Schoolly D did, they were gangster/hardcore for the sake of it

another one is Poet & Hotday.........Poet as in Blaq Poet from Screwball

and if we wanna get into it technically, seen as how Enta Da Stage was '94, i'll throw Biggies "Party & Bullshit" in there too......EPMD were fairly gangsta on Business Never Personal too...

and so what if Just Ice did'nt use cuss words, he'd brush his gold teeth & chew ya head off

TSA
01-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Steady B and Cool C as previously stated. They were the real deal. Cool C is about to serve a death sentence for shooting a cop. Steady B is in jail for life. They tried to rob a bank in philly. My dad had some of their old shit, they were ok.
AHahahahahha! all rappers in the 80s were total goons, but they would go out of their way to keep that shit out of their raps lol

no cussing, teaching kids to stay in school, no drugs while they're shooting their cousin in the face over an 8 ball of coke

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 08:01 PM
AHahahahahha! all rappers in the 80s were total goons, but they would go out of their way to keep that shit out of their raps lol

no cussing, teaching kids to stay in school, no drugs while they're shooting their cousin in the face over an 8 ball of coke

not ALL the rappers from the 80s did that, when was the last time you listened to any 80s hip hop ?? not to take it out west & oppose your thread, but Ice T & NWA made careers offa talking all that gangsta shit

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2009, 08:16 PM

Schooly D was the first person to talk about Gangstanes in the 1st person in hip hop period

And dont you know Eazy E, Geto Boys, KRS ONE, Too $hort, 2 live crew, Slick Rick, G rap were 80's rappers?

I dont know how any of those guys were "scared to cuss etc etc"

TSA
01-07-2009, 08:18 PM
ghost: They started cussing around the same time, late 80s, too short had been at it before cause he's the realest thing to ever touch the mic.
idk what you getting at, but rappers in the mid and early 80s were very wholesome and didn't pride themselves ive being purely violent.

Kliion: i know, they're from cali.

i dont listen to stuff before 88 cause i dont like the sound as much, im currently big on EPMD, but i don't listen to schoolly D and the likes, post some songs i should check out, i've only heard Just Ice but am not a following fan.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2009, 08:32 PM
wholesome.

*leafs thread for good*

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
i dont listen to stuff before 88 cause i dont like the sound as much

that right there tells me you did'nt get into hip hop until the 90s, the fact you asked if Black Moon were the first east thugs tells me that it was at the very least mid-late 90s..

....back in the 80s before we had the internet, before sky tv/cable etc, we had to go search for shit ourselves, either listening to the radio, or buying whatever tapes/vinyls that had black people on the cover that looked like rappers.......go find out about Schoolly D, Just Ice etc, i'm sure if you google them or wikipedia or whatever, you can find the info & the songs

**lookin at my gucci its about that time, for mc schoolly d to start poppin a rhyme, i heard you was out there bitin my rhyme, and if i catch you on your ass is mine, ya always in my face sayin schooly school man, how the fuck did you get so cool...........cos i use a microphone like a plummer use tools"
- "Gucci Time" Schoolly D

TSA
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
nooo! noooo! come back!

guys we need to get ghost lace back!

TSA
01-07-2009, 08:35 PM
that right there tells me you did'nt get into hip hop until the 90s, the fact you asked if Black Moon were the first east thugs tells me that it was at the very least mid-late 90s..

....back in the 80s before we had the internet, before sky tv/cable etc, we had to go search for shit ourselves, either listening to the radio, or buying whatever tapes/vinyls that had black people on the cover that looked like rappers.......go find out about Schoolly D, Just Ice etc, i'm sure if you google them or wikipedia or whatever, you can find the info & the songs

**lookin at my gucci its about that time, for mc schoolly d to start poppin a rhyme, i heard you was out there bitin my rhyme, and if i catch you on your ass is mine, ya always in my face sayin schooly school man, how the fuck did you get so cool...........cos i use a microphone like a plummer use tools"
- "Gucci Time" Schoolly D

nigga i didn't get into hip hop until 2000. el0l-l3L

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 08:42 PM
^there you go, i was tryna give you at least some credit at knowing some history, but not even 10 years, and you're tryna talk about 80s hip hop like you were there...

**shakes head**

TSA
01-07-2009, 09:06 PM
what? are we gonna have an arguement that mid and early 80s hip hop was clean music or are we gonna act like it would talk more then 10 years to know that 80s hip hop is clean music.

too short used to make fun of rappers cause the didn't "cussin in their raps"
ppl were making songs promoting clean language to ghetto youths.
you serious?

Tracks
01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
lmao neither are you

LMAO homie do you know where connecticut is? i think you need to look on a map lol

http://pics2.city-data.com/city/maps/fr400.png

if thats not east coast, than shit, i dont know what east coast is. you must be like 7 years old, tops.

TSA
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
lmao, i know exactly where conneticut is, that's why you should log off, btw idk sears had a sale on post counts. coward

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
yeah, you're right.....EVERY rapper from the 80s was clean mouthed, you know more about 80s hip hop than i do, even though i was actually listening to 80s hip hop in the fucking 80s....

SOME were clean mouthed, but a hell of alot of em were'nt, i mean 2 Live Crew never went to court & won against the American government for making songs with cuss words in em, lol.....which is why pretty much EVERY hip hop record since has cussing on it, & they were from Miami which if i'm right, is on the east coast, right down south on the east coast, but east none the less...

what you also have to remember is the fact that in the 80s, rappers had more vocabulary than, fuck, bitch, cunt, hoe, n**ga........

it'd take you more than 10 years to go through every 80s hip hop record and work out whether or not it was ALL clean...

KLIION JENSEN
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
[QUOTE=Tracks;1443956]if thats not east coast, than shit, i dont know what east coast is. QUOTE]

shit, its further east than new york, lol..

DRUNKENDRAGON
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd say Onyx, that's the earliest grimy shit I can remember from personal experience.

Tracks
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
lmao, i know exactly where conneticut is, that's why you should log off, btw idk sears had a sale on post counts. coward

yo your like a random ass 9 year old with no mustache

snapple
01-07-2009, 10:58 PM
TSA would be shook in CT.... PEACE 2 Jenson...real talk...

ALCATRAZ
01-08-2009, 12:13 AM
g rap

Durag
01-08-2009, 03:13 AM
I kind of get where Tissa is coming from, a lot of 80's hardcore rappers had a method and a reason behind their gansterisms, KRS definitly had, and Schooly D, Steady B, Cool C etc still rapped about rapping, and most of the hardcore talk was second to that.

Even NWA, on "Straight Outta Compton" were being gangsta for a reason, it was just for the sake of being hardcore. Too Short started cursing back in '83, that was his first album, and one of the first, if not THE first to have cursing in it.

G Rap was, like Tissa said, more mafioso, espcially by the time he reaced "Wanted: Dead or Alive". Rakim definitly wasnt thuggry, and the majority of Boogie Down Productions either.

I dont know if "Enta Da Stage" was the first to have straight up thuggary first and foremost, but it was one of the earliest. "BacDaFucUp" is another contender.

Oh and if you want to check out Steady B, listen to "Whats My Name" and "Let The Hustlers Play", both dope late 80's albums. And Cool C didnt release his debut till 1990 if im correct, but both of his albums suck balls.

KLIION JENSEN
01-08-2009, 09:48 AM
pre-Enta Da Stage (1994) thuggary......just thought about this today while i was waiting to sign on to get my free government cheese....

M.O.P. - To The Death was out in like '92-'93 - very hardcore thuggary

but the main one....ok......you want a method to his madness, you want more militant than Public Enemy, as pro-black as Krs One, you want him/her to be the problem, and more gangsta than every gangsta rapper that came out, and he's gotta be from the east...........

Freddie Foxxx aka Bumpy Knuckles aka ""Big Foxxx Daddy Boot Knocks with burn marks on my hips from my twin glocks""