PDA

View Full Version : Dj Premier Talks about Jayz, Illmatic re-union, Lil Wayne

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-08-2009, 06:57 AM
fN6x0v63-14

been out for a few days but interesting.

Jay Z rejected the society is brainwashed beat Ill Bill took. I can see why though, it was nothing new.

I think Preem is in dreamland about Illmatic re union, I cant see any reason why that should happen. Nothing is the same, the time has passed for that to happen.

Oh and a little side thing I wanna get in when I was saying Dynasty was a classic dope album, alot of people on here had their heads explode -

Dynasty album was DOPE, its was incredible, I still bump that shit... that RD and Blueprint are his 3 classic

[Dynasty] had no good songs. Album was meh as a whole. Jay in his most deeply bling phase... He even said himself that songs from that phase ain't shit. Listen to "Ignorant Shit".

hahaha fuck you AGAIN slim t, yet again my opinions have been co signed and line up with the truth, and your opinions fall flat as backpacker bullshit.

WUHEADSINCE93
01-08-2009, 07:07 AM
NaS will never do a re-union.I would love to be wrong,but I don't think so.

claaa7
01-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Dope interview, no doubt.. i always feel it's a pity Nas and Jay-Z abandond Preemo for their projects because he ALWAYS laced them - to many people that was like the absolute highlights of their albums, no doubt. "NY State of Mind", "D'Evils", "A Million & One Questions", "I Gave You Power", "Nas is Like", "So Ghetto", "2nd Childhood" - that's some of the finest pieces in these guys careers, and with that being said both of them had fucking blazing careers!!

about "The Dynasty" album, yeah that shit is slept on - i haven't bumped it too much actually, but i own it and i remember when i copped it i was really feeling it. "Jay-Z Intro", "This Can't Be Life" and my favorite "Where Have You Been"; now that's a fucking classic cut... gotta go back and bump that!

props on the interview.

sdeblasi
01-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Even though an Illmatic reunion will probably never happen you can't deny that you want it to ghostlaced....i mean come one, Nas can still bring it even though his latest album was a different style for him...if you put him, Qtip, pete, preem, and large in the studio you know magic could be made again...they would bring the best out of Nas for sure and that reunion would bring the best out of the producers...

Good find by the way

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-08-2009, 04:24 PM
^ i dont really want it because the time has passed and non of them are as good anymore.

Its should be clear that Nas hates Premier beats, or is scared of them.

"Nas is Like" was like a 2nd Illmatic for him.

sdeblasi
01-08-2009, 04:36 PM
^ you're right about the time passing...but i just think all of them together would make them bring the best they have...All four producers made bangers in 2008 alone
Premier (Say Goodnight)
Q-tip - Renaissance
PR - NYs Finest
Large PRo - Main Source...pretty dope album

i dont kno i think itd be good if it happen but its not going to so know use arguing

CharlesJones
01-09-2009, 10:19 AM
LOL@Premier said he thinks The Blueprint is a classic hahahahahahahaha. That album is trash.

Koolish
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
i heard nas gets pressured by his labels to get certain beats, make certain songs. i read somewhere he wanted to do an album with dr dre and an album with premier, but defjam might fuck him around.

watching a big documentary yesterday some junior mafia people were talking about how he would call them up and be like "yo... puff wants me to do some club shit, some R&B hits..." and he was a hip hop head so it didn't sit with him well. tupac only had makaveli under his full creative control, nas might not be able to do the reunion if he wanted to.

chiba
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
i heard nas gets pressured by his labels to get certain beats, make certain songs. i read somewhere he wanted to do an album with dr dre and an album with premier, but defjam might fuck him around.

watching a big documentary yesterday some junior mafia people were talking about how he would call them up and be like "yo... puff wants me to do some club shit, some R&B hits..." and he was a hip hop head so it didn't sit with him well. tupac only had makaveli under his full creative control, nas might not be able to do the reunion if he wanted to.

truth :thumbup:

PREMO SAYS:

LARGE PRO THE ORIGINATOR OF NAS' STYLE
HE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR OF NAS' CAREER

slept on producer !!

claaa7
01-09-2009, 02:33 PM
^^ what he's saying is that Nas and Large Pro were friends back in the day and he was the one putting him on and giving him exposure. he's definitely underrated though.

BIG D O
01-09-2009, 04:22 PM
he's always kickin something interesting man......

the new interview with Peter Rosenberg is better tho....

Jin10304
01-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Illmatic reunion will never happen, Pete Rock refuses to work with Nas

chiba
01-09-2009, 07:09 PM
^^ what he's saying is that Nas and Large Pro were friends back in the day and he was the one putting him on and giving him exposure. he's definitely underrated though.

bless!:satisfy:

CharlesJones
01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I wanna see that Junior Mafia documentary that has them talking about Biggie and dissing Little Kim. I figured Biggie had some disagreements with Puffy about what songs he wanted to do and that's exactly why Biggie's Life After Death album sucked to me because it had too many radio songs and i know Biggie probably preferred to do hardcore songs. I remember reading a Biggie interview in XXL magazine and Biggie had said that Puffy was trying to turn him into a opera singer because of the gay songs Puffy wanted him to do hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Biggie should've signed with a independent label instead of Bad Boy because a independent label would've let him have freedom to do his hardcore songs because he was a hardcore rapper and not a pop rapper.

Max Prime
01-10-2009, 01:11 PM
just thinkin about it, the non phixion album got quite alot of the same producers on it as the illmatic album. large pro, pete rock, preemo...
they were probably all trying to outdo eachother, so thats why it turned out good.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
^no its because non phixion arent very good and dont make money so those producers didnt give them their best beats or best attention. All the producers on Illmatic were working together, closely, they all knew what each was doing, and they all adapted their styles. And they also all were in shock at how amazing Nas was.

Large Pro is a much different sounding producer than he used to be though now. The effort he used to put in has gone.

Yall need to remember hip hop is a young persons sport. All the best ideas come when youre a youngster, its just natural.

Its like in physics, all the most revolutionary theories and inventions are done by kids sometimes still in college.

Tony Bandana
01-11-2009, 01:27 PM
huh Jigga turning down beats from Primo..

sounds like hes offended?

claaa7
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
^no its because non phixion arent very good and dont make money so those producers didnt give them their best beats or best attention. All the producers on Illmatic were working together, closely, they all knew what each was doing, and they all adapted their styles. And they also all were in shock at how amazing Nas was.

have you heard the Non Phixion album??

..Pete Rock fucking blessed them with that "If You Got Love", probably the best beat he did that year imo and Large Professor's "We Are The Future" is just as good, his other 2 contributions were dope too but that's my favorite. Preemo's "Rock Star" doesn't stand out as one of his greatest production but it's damn solid nontheless.

Tony Bandana
01-11-2009, 03:46 PM
have you heard the Non Phixion album??

..Pete Rock fucking blessed them with that "If You Got Love", probably the best beat he did that year imo and Large Professor's "We Are The Future" is just as good, his other 2 contributions were dope too but that's my favorite. Preemo's "Rock Star" doesn't stand out as one of his greatest production but it's damn solid nontheless.

Claaa7 iz ontop off his shit when it comes to beats.

good stuff bro ,

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Illmatic reunion will never happen, Pete Rock refuses to work with Nas

why?

Jin10304
01-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Apparantly from what I remember Nas has accused of Pete having an affair with his girl from back in the day.

claaa7
01-12-2009, 02:37 AM
^^ yes that's what it is, i read a long Pete Rock interview on HipHopDX.com Nas started accusing him of fucking the same hoe Jay-Z also banged. Pete says he didn't barely know the girl and accuses Nas of being a paranoid fuck and from what i understand none of them will probably ever work together again.

5hundred&one
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Good to see respected veterans giving credit to Wayne, IMO. They're doing it a little late though. They should have upped him before he started doing songs with Kid Rock and shit.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN
01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Apparantly from what I remember Nas has accused of Pete having an affair with his girl from back in the day.

aw man that's just corny......they need to move past that shit

YungSunny
01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Pete rock interview from MArch 07

Until the Train Stops: Would you entertain the thought of working with Nas again?

Pete Rock: If he reached out to me, yeah, maybe. I haven’t talked to him for a long time. You’d have to ask him.

Jin10304
01-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Regardless if Pete moved past it, theres still no chance in hell it would Nas would REACH OUT to HIM

Jin10304
01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Actually fuck it, Pete contradicted what you just posted Yung Sunny. Its NEVER gonna happen, this is a HipHopDX August 2007 about Nas & Pete Rock...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/features/id.848/title.pete-rock-still-soul-brotha-1/p.4

HHDX: And not to keep rehashing the past, but is there any chance of you ever working with Nas again?

Pete Rock: I don’t think so. I don’t think I want to at this point. I just don’t think it’s gonna be the same. Like, we never developed a relationship with one another.

YungSunny
01-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I guess his mindstate changed in 4 months.

Chief 'Broom
01-12-2009, 08:43 PM
surely Nas can patch things up with Pete Rock if he did with Cormega and Jay-Z

I understand Pete Rock's point about not developing a relationship with Nas, but then he must not have had one before Illmatic either and still made a classic track

Jin10304
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah he only thought he was just a messiah of rap, a new young Rakim, but I still doubt Pete will work with him considering it wont be the same. Sorta like he patched things up with Mega, even if he did...have you seen them collaborating since 2006 when he invited back onstage lol?

Ticallion
01-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Man a Premo and Nas album would be the illest

bring back that old nasty nas

You think it's cuz Nas wants to get dudes he hasn't worked with before like Green Lantern?