PDA

View Full Version : Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...you are not dying..

TSA
01-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Z3OXDwmlEZE
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...you are not dying..

im a huge Beatles stan.

George Harrison is my favorite. I was wondering if you guys had any interpretations of this line, maybe even this song, it's from the Tibetian Book Of the Dead.

INTERPRET.

cutn' heads
01-08-2009, 12:34 PM
this all about the lsd. sounds awesome...

Edgar Erebus
01-08-2009, 05:05 PM
^^ Yes.

I gotta try it once: put "Revolver" on, read Tibetan Book of Dead, and then just pop a Lucy.

Gotta do it somewhere in the nature though, I don't want to risque throwing myself from 10th floor.

TSA
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
the song has nothing to do with LSD

lol. i like how the beetles will never live down the fact that they did LSD, everything they do gets linked to LSD

cutn' heads
01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
the song has nothing to do with LSD

lol. i like how the beetles will never live down the fact that they did LSD, everything they do gets linked to LSD

that's exactly what they had in mind when they used that line. and if george harrison says any different, he's a damn liar...

Koolish
01-09-2009, 01:49 PM
descartes said that if he should stop thinking then he would cease to exist.

the line's philosophical i guess, saying that the mind isn't the center of living. just let go and flow.

and as far as i remember, john lennon made this song to be an audio acid trip.

that youtube clip is within you without you and tomorrow never knows hooked up, pretty sick.

The Void
01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
This is a different version than I've heard, good find. I love this song.

TSA
01-10-2009, 05:30 AM
that's exactly what they had in mind when they used that line. and if george harrison says any different, he's a damn liar...
this is an epic fabrication.

The song uses direct quotes from hindu scripture, and the Beatles were absent when George and a group on indian men including Ravi Shakar(sp?) played the background to the original

the actual song is around 15 minutes long cause it's a giant jam session with Harrison reciting the hindu scriptures he had learned and felt relevant to the message he was trying to convey.

No LCD was used mentioned or alluded to and the version your listening to i believe is a mix made by a fan, the original doesn't sound like and LSD trip or whatever, it sounds like a jam session with george harrison and his indian friends.

this all about the lsd. sounds awesome...

The song uses direct quotes from hindu scripture, and the Beatles were absent when George and a group on indian men including Ravi Shakar(sp?) played the background to the original

the actual song is around 15 minutes long cause it's a giant jam session with Harrison reciting the hindu scriptures he had learned and felt relevant to the message he was trying to convey.

No LCD was used mentioned or alluded to and the version your listening to i believe is a mix made by a fan, the original doesn't sound like and LSD trip or whatever, it sounds like a jam session with george harrison and his indian friends.

descartes said that if he should stop thinking then he would cease to exist.

the line's philosophical i guess, saying that the mind isn't the center of living. just let go and flow.

and as far as i remember, john lennon made this song to be an audio acid trip.

that youtube clip is within you without you and tomorrow never knows hooked up, pretty sick.

when rumors that Lennon did LSD got out the entire beatles catalog from then on lost all credibility cause every once of creativity injected isn't them 'its the drug' even when they quote religious scripture and playing with holy men.

Paul said that the band used drugs but didn't write or record on them because it makes it difficult to play an instrument that takes a lot of focus.