PDA

View Full Version : Emcee's with alternate AKA's

oldie
01-08-2009, 07:01 PM
I really did never understand tht shit, like RZA be dropping albums as Bobby Digi and MF Doom got his Viktor Vaugn amongst a couple.

i really cant get my head around it, how does RZA see Bobby Digi diff from RZA

how does MF Doom see that Viktor's diff from Doom, like he got that Doom on Viktor skit...wtf lol

RZA and MF Doom ARE their AKA's if u get me so wots the thing saying 'oh im rhymin as X-AKA on this album' im like wtf, how is it different to be rhymin as Doom instead of Vik :S

its not like if Robert Diggs be callin himself RZA instead of Digi tht he cant be comin with the same material,, u get me?

the music still guna be good (in most cases) n its still the same person writin those rhymes n shit

any1 understand me?

TAURO
01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
As Viktor Vaughn Doom rhymes from a third person perspective, he doesn't really do that under his other personas.

spiggity_ace
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
i dont really catch the difference either, i cant tell wen doom is viktor vaughn or wutever, i think the only thing i understand is when hes king geedorah it means hes on the beats, correct me if im wrong but for rza wen he raps as rza hes all spiritual n good right, and rzarectah hes all aggressive with that dope ass flow, bobby steels gets his mafia on, and then bob digi is just that crazy dude. What other rappers rap under diff aliases, like wuts the difference on holocaust wen he is alcatraz, warcloud, or the robot tank, and kool kieth when hes doc dooom?

ALCATRAZ
01-08-2009, 10:25 PM
i really cant get my head around it, how does RZA see Bobby Digi diff from RZA

Bob Digi is a completely different chamber in itself. Its futuristic raps, fantasy, outer space, zoned out typa shit. RZA raps about real life, reality raps. Bobby raps about whatever the fuck he feels like. There are no boundries for Bobby. To me he is the most potent when starring as Bobby Digital no homo

how does MF Doom see that Viktor's diff from Doom, like he got that Doom on Viktor skit...wtf lol

MF Doom fights crime and sucka MC's... Viktor Vaughn is a gentleman with women on his mind all tha time but he cant please damn near any of em...always havin mad drama....

the music still guna be good (in most cases) n its still the same person writin those rhymes n shit

Actually no in some cases it might not be the same person at all. Thats the beauty of having an alter ego in hip hop, you got that comic book effect where listeners can see u thru different chambers... to me personally when i think of bobby d i think of a completely different rapper than tha rza.... but truthfully tha originator of all this shit is kool keith... he deserves tha credit for all this

Wu-Tang Gambino
01-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Kool Keith has pulled it off his whole career and it's why his albums are dope. End of discussion.

THE MASON
01-09-2009, 02:28 AM
With DOOM i find it to be more noticable, especially in the beat selection and rhyming styles. Viktor Vaughn shit is usually darker beats, more agressive lyrics

The same i guess for RZA.

Its like why does Batman need to have an alias, he could do all that shit as Bruce Wayne

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Kool Keith has pulled it off his whole career and it's why his albums are dope. End of discussion.

by far my favorite emcee next to Nas, Doom and Wu

Rame
01-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Eminem used Slim Shady for his harder raps.

Tyler Durden
01-09-2009, 06:45 AM
I like all that alter ego rap shit.
Meth has a ton of AKA's but doesn't really take them to the level of other emcee's, just uses them as other nick names.
I think it's an okay little gimmick to be an alter ego on a rap with a different style. Can be cheesy unless it's done right

Durag
01-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Kool Keith is the fuckin master at this

Ritter
01-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Dre used Andre 3000 when he broke up with Erykah Badu.

Rae used the Lex Diamond persona to make a bad album.

claaa7
01-09-2009, 07:33 AM
they like actors you know, Robert de Niro is always De Niro but you don't want him to be the same person in "Heat" as he's in "Godfather II" or "Hide and Seek".

basically the Bob Digi character was RZA's big chance of not having to preach and speek his knowledge in every verse and instead go on to rap about fucking bitches in the ass and smoking dust. Happy Times :D

Tage
01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
mf doom explains his personas in his albums oldie.... LISTEN!

oldie
01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
right im starting to see the method in all this shit now.

by Doom i got:
MM...Food
Vaudeville Villain
Take Me to Your Leader

I see a difference Between King Geedorah and the other 2 albums but thats about it, im'a listen to MM & VV and come back to that

with RZA i notice how on the Wu albums he usually on some fuck u vibe, like gettin in ur face type of rhymes, "chill with the feedback, black, we dont need that..."
all tht type of shit but maybe i need to give his solo's a concentrated listen....

thats about all i gotta say. i have/had (cant remember if i sold it or not) Black Elvis by Kool Keith and didnt like one second of it, neva felt Keith's music tbh, ive d/l Dr.Octagon(im not gunna attempt to spell the rest) and listened to it a few times and neva really understud his madness, its like he jus listing random things, maybe its just beyond my knowledge

same for Warcloud/ whatever the fuck he goes by
excpet for i got him on a level of he comin wiv some nice rhymes and wild portayals but i neva understud wtf he was goin on
"the knicks sold babe ruth to the yankees, an ant swimming in orange juice, im loose" ehhh?

although his bridge/hook "i break it down simply, im horrifyingly empty" or whatever it is sounds ill, wot song is that sampled from and by who?

THE MASON
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
^ the line is from Holocaust(Silkworm) on In Stereo, fuckin great song

With Warcloud's alias, its more a difference in style, as Holo hes got more story type tracks and as Warcloud it's a lot more abstract poetry but thats imo