PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite Beastie Boy?

Tecknowledgist
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I almost didn't make this topic because it seems weird to think of them as seperate identities lol. But who do you think is the illest out of the three?

I'm going to have to go with Adrock. I've always liked MCA's style but Adrock's flow is just too ill usually.

Well?

ALCATRAZ
01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't got a favorite Beastie Boy lol

oDoUoSoKo
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
I almost didn't make this topic because it seems weird to think of them as seperate identities lol. But who do you think is the illest out of the three?

I'm going to have to go with Adrock. I've always liked MCA's style but Adrock's flow is just too ill usually.

Well?

this thread makes me cry...eloels..but if i had to pick....Mike D is sick as fuck to me. Used to be Adrock, then MCA, then i really started listenin to Mike and realized he was the fuckin man.

Tecknowledgist
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
really? i think mike d is the weakest personally haha

even after all these years, the only way i can distinguish between him and adrock is that adrock has the better flow lol

oDoUoSoKo
01-08-2009, 09:46 PM
common misconception (thinking that Adrock is better) how long u been listening to them?

u6_WUBKvR_E

adrock sometimes comes weaker cuz its obvious he takes certain verses not too seriously. Mike D devours every track.

Tecknowledgist
01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
ive been listening to them since i was like 5.

but i just like adrock better. i'm sorry for my misconception.

whitey
01-08-2009, 10:38 PM
MCA by far. dude is insaine with that laid back flow.

check his verse on professor booty. burries mc serch without even using his name.

So many wack M.C.'s You get the T.V. bozack
Ain't even gonna call out your names 'Cause you're so wack
But one big oaf whose faker than plastic
A dictionary definition of the word spastic
You should have never started something That you couldn't finish
'Cause writin' rhymes to me Is like Popeye to spinach
I'm bad ass move your fat ass 'Cause you're wack son
Dancin' around like you think you're Janet Jackson
Thought you could walk on me To get some ground to walk on
I'll put the rug out under your ass As I talk on
I'll take you out like a sniper on a roof
Like an M.C. had the fever in the D.J. booth
With your headphones strapped You're rockin' rewind pause
Tryin' to figure out what you can do to go for yours
But like the pencil to the paper I got more to come
One after another you can all get some
So you getter take your time And meditate on your rhyme
'Cause your shit'll be stinking When I go for mine
And that's right y'all don't get uptight y'all
You can't say shit Because you're biting what I write y'all
And that's wrong y'all over the long haul
You can't cut the mustard When you're fronting it all

Tecknowledgist
01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
^^yeah i was gonna mention that verse. MCA is sick too. i'm torn between him and Adrock but Adrock usually has the crazy charisma on tracks that stands out like on this song

XUrBt0VSjlA

Tony Bandana
01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
man the 3 off them together is like 1

thats their magic jigga

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-09-2009, 08:32 PM
lol MCA is pretty wack, he sounds so forced and got a sore throad

I think Mike D got crazy swag

Ad Rock got ill rhyme style

oDoUoSoKo
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
the opposite^^ Adrock is all about flow...Mike D about them rhymes.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
^tut theyre both just ill man shut up

oDoUoSoKo
01-09-2009, 08:51 PM
i cant even begin to understand how u like the beastie boys...doesnt make sense.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
^u talking like u know me?

wtf u talking about anyway dick I rep REAL hip hop

always....

whitey
01-09-2009, 09:15 PM
dumb cunt hating on mca. fool please.

KLIION JENSEN
01-09-2009, 09:29 PM
all of em are equally dope, one of them rare things in a hip hop group, usually theres always one that aint as good as the rest, but Beastie Boys are all dope...but if i have to pick....i'd pick MCA

Shogah
01-10-2009, 10:42 AM
This thread failed miserably the moment mix master mike was left out of this poll.

He is the best beastie boy, and thread over.

KLIION JENSEN
01-10-2009, 11:04 AM
^ DJ Hurricane was there before Mix Master Mike....

J-DON
01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Oooh its close between Adrock and MCA for me. MCA just has a laid back flow and he has some really ill lines but Adrock just has that style that makes you wanna rap along with him. AdRock for me, he has one of the greatest voices and deliveries in hiphop IMO.

Too bad their to the 5 boroughs album had some bad production. Hope they drop one more rap album on us.

Did anyone see the " Awesome! I fucking shot that shit" concert DVD? Their live shows are fucking intense Mix Master Mike kills it on the 1's and 2's and throws on some crazy beats which you never thought would work for their songs but they sound so tight over it.

whitey
01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
This thread failed miserably the moment mix master mike was left out of this poll.

He is the best beastie boy, and thread over.

first of all youngster mike master mike is not a member of the beastie boys. he is their dj. just like they have had other djs in the past.

but what i really wanted to comment on was..mca, dude has so much more range than the other two. listen to that song "i dont know" on hello nasty. some shit if you didnt know it was him and heard that youd be like wtf. thats just dope music right there, some chill as shit. something else in general that seperates the beastie boys from other hip hop acts, they cover so many genres of music so well.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-10-2009, 01:10 PM
^laid back flow? I think alot of people are getting MCA mixed up with Mike D.

MCA does not have a laid back flow, he's the one who sounds like he is squeezing out a shit when he raps.

Mike D is the tall lanky one who has rhymes like "i can see the def jam doesnt recognize me, im mike D, the one who put the satin in your panties"

Tony Bandana
01-10-2009, 01:23 PM
^ DJ Hurricane was there before Mix Master Mike....

very true ..i cant even read through all this all this junk .

Beastie Boys are on their own level of music in general

but id like to drop a lil Shardrach on your pumpkins ONGH

some ill shit

YFolUn88q-o

Hurricane on the decks

what up

killer video .

whitey
01-10-2009, 04:26 PM
^laid back flow? I think alot of people are getting MCA mixed up with Mike D.

MCA does not have a laid back flow, he's the one who sounds like he is squeezing out a shit when he raps.

Mike D is the tall lanky one who has rhymes like "i can see the def jam doesnt recognize me, im mike D, the one who put the satin in your panties"

i think its the english-american translation, you aren't getting the american accent.

11th Chamber
01-10-2009, 05:16 PM
MCA is that dude

All 3 are dope tho

oDoUoSoKo
01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
cant believe Mike D is getting played in this thread the way he is. Its making me really hate MCA and Adrock..eloels.

swizz-chef
01-11-2009, 05:24 AM
the whitest one

Shogah
01-11-2009, 10:15 AM
of course they had other dj's but after mix master mike, they won't have any other cause nobody can match him. And he IS official member of Beastie Boys.
If anyone of you been on their show, you should know that he is crucial factor, and know what i'm taljing about. People always forget about him.
He himself is one half(no disrespect to the trio of mc's) of beasties.

INF
01-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Mixmastermike saved em with hello nasty. I voted adrock just cuzza the oddball flow he takes on all the time (not so great with the distorted vocals though).

whitey
01-11-2009, 10:33 AM
of course they had other dj's but after mix master mike, they won't have any other cause nobody can match him. And he IS official member of Beastie Boys.
If anyone of you been on their show, you should know that he is crucial factor, and know what i'm taljing about. People always forget about him.
He himself is one half(no disrespect to the trio of mc's) of beasties.

dude NO HE IS NOT!!

Beastie Boys is an American hip hop (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_hop_music) group from New York City consisting of Michael "Mike D" Diamond (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Diamond), Adam "MCA" Yauch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yauch), and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Horovitz). Since around the time of the Hello Nasty (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Nasty) album, the DJ for the group has been Michael "Mix Master Mike" Schwartz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mix_Master_Mike), who was first featured in the song "Three MC's and One DJ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_MC%27s_and_One_DJ)".[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beastie_Boys#cite_note-0)

they are supposed to be coming out with pauls boutique remastered too at the end of the month ive heard. that should be sick, the original is real good but the sound quality isnt the best. this should be some pimp shit.

Tecknowledgist
01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
even if mike was a part of the beastie boys, why the fuck would i put him in the poll.

"wtf mixmaster's cuts are clearly superior to adrock's flow"
"no mca's rhymes are better than mike's scratches"

that's fuckin dumb. we're discussing MCs here

Captain Trips
01-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Biz Markie

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
LOL

216 views,

32 replies

.... 10 votes