PDA

View Full Version : Review: DUH pcp Ep.

TSA
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM
http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/01/06/1231245981-150.jpg (http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijken/1187747.html)

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2009/01/06/1231246007-960.jpg (http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijken/1187748.html)

DUH PCP EP

When i first heard the special ed sibilings flingling lyrical pees and carrots throughout the lunchrooms of wucorp my mind was caught in a flurry of laughter that blanketed the off beat awkward rican flows and gritty beats. When my stomach siezed to permit any further laughing by edict of abdominal pain, the silence gave me platform to realize an essential truth: Pcp is the realest while duh ressuhs be fakin.

I was not only impressed by the depth of writing skills and beat selections of the bridgeport duo, but amazed that their rough, off beat, out of breath, flow grows on you. Mind you for some reason I still burst out laughing when Jigsaw brings up cocaine, or when Skampoe starts rapping about gays and warlock, but I've found a strange appreciation for their helmet bus approach to street rap that crystalizes mistake to marvel. I had to get DUH Pcp Ep.

He Shall Suffer Death- A trademark that will manifest through out the music is the use of extended movie samples in the tradition of wutang during before and after songs and He Shall Suffer death is no exception. The beat is a grimey signature PCP pick again nostalgic of the former style of wutang, which one comes to realize is a tremendous influence. Skampoe's rhymes on this one are simple to a fault.

"Pointed fingers got no time to react, its that real hip hop black, we bringing it back"

"guns go blam blam like yosemite sam"

..making him appear to be an amateur, and when coupled with the total neglect of all forms of rhythm whatsoever, this can prove problematic to the listening quality. For those that don't 'understand' PCP it will be an even harder listen. Then, when you think he's down and out, skampoe injects his trademark poor wordings of situations that gave birth to the term "I had to establish dominance over da gayer animal" by heralding this song saving line...

"..YO, Abduction of whores.."

saving his credibility in 4 words.

5/10

DUH Marathon- I couldn't listen to the song on first listen cause i was laughing too hard at the word 'duh'. On second listen..or first maybe...Jigsaw is introduced in this heart pounding episode ala two special needs children stealing laffy taffys from a gas station and running endlessly thinking someone is chasing them. Jigsaw's weakness of sounding winded on tracks becomes a strength on this one as the devil with the dirty shirt comes through with of his classic knucklehead bravado, hilarious fixation with crack cocaine, and dope street rhymes. Skampoe's verse is a lot harder to follow and therefore misses the mark, which makes sense because the phenomina of running is unknown to the prophet skam. Though evisioning skampoe jetting at full speed and the cops walking over slowly and grabbing his trash bag shaped frame by the ponytail is enough to make the song, even though he didn't say it. Would have been ranked higher had it just been Jigsaw.

6/10

Triumph 08- Though the ab libs make it sound like it was recorded in the karaoke booth infront of footlooker at the mall by two friends confident in their new wealth of 5 for 1 XXXL tee, this song is still a banger. Jigsaw's lyrics are good as expected.

"Forever like wu-tang tell crews and rivals gangs we swinging the faster blade and blast you with sniper aim"

is a quoteable that challenges the best of em and crushes the rest of em.
7/10.

The Prophet Skam- Bill Gates didn't give this computer enough space to fully express how funny this song was when i first heard it. The genius behind it is hardly anything funny happens in the song. Another dark beat and eerie voice sample of a terrorist essentially giving a 'told ya' sermon on the destruction of america. This song is by far the EPs most innovative due to the unprecidented use of a dickless progerian gimp voice dubbing skampoes already hilariously infant like accented banter. This is probably the first time i've seen this effect used in an open and prevelant form. Lyrically the song is fire one of Skampoes shinning moments because he found a comfortable balance of hard rhymes laced with a unique and hard to put a finger on sense of humor as shown in the lines

"I messuh chunk of ya flesh on a skale, n call up hannibal lectah and tell him what i got for sale, betrayal, in my camp that shit ain't even tolerated, for that we pull back the side of the gat so much you masterbated"

and, for the first time in human history saying a word but for some reason you KNOW it was spelt wrong on the paper with the classic

"Ejaquolated"

An odd realization one may make is that at least 24% of skampoe's rhymes are about dicks fags and warlocks.
8.5/10

Tragik Logik- The classic that birthed skampoe, little needs to be said about this song other then the fact that its a museum of eternal quotes. Tho the excessive use of wutang beats has officially killed PCPs hopes of establishing an individual identity. I think what's making me laugh is the fact that if i were to read the paper skampoes suprisingly rich lyrical vocabulary is jotted down on i would have a heart attack.
8.5/10

The Order Of the Sword- A heroic sounding beat with hard hitting drums. Lyrically PCPs descriptive mysticism is at its peak on this song as dungeons and dragons sounding lines bedazzle this instrumental like 1000 Stylemaster blankets scorn. A big fan of wutang would easily be a fan of this song everyone else will be turned off by is overt similarity to the clans often replicated style.
9/10

Raising the Bar- Jigsaws hypocritical boost....

"these rappers are garbage, spitting the same shit on every record"

.....give this song an early confrontational slant. Jigsaw's rhymes are too a bit too simple for the demographic they're reaching for with this one. Not too simple but everything just comes off average, and when salted by an out of breath diabetic flow this song, like much of PCPs current catalog remains an aquired taste. His repeatitive tough guy ramblings also hurt the song and the whole thing feels like filler.

5/10

Ambitionz of a writer- This beat fits the duo well and is a much needed escape from the constant wallowing in rza beats. Jigsaw again confronts rappers that

"..say you bust your gun like, 50 thousand times, but i heard the same shit in like 50 thousand rhymes, talking about the drugs the cane the sales the niggas you killed, just to cover up the fact that you aint got skill..."

...a constant enemy of his. For a song that raps about guns like 50 thousand times in the same fashion that is done on jigsaws 50 thousand rhymes, this is actually pretty good, even though the talking about the drugs the cane the sales and niggas his killed is an attempt to cover up the fact that he ain't got skill

6/10

Lights Out- This song sounds like filler. Content is no different from anything else of this mixtape, and the habit to repeat themes makes PCP a difficult listen if you're paying attention. Another Jigsaw solo that doesn't do his talent justice because its too boring and his little man syndrome kills his creativity.

Sinester Minester- This song draws a clear line between the two. Where Jigsaw is more practical, realistic, face to face, confrontational and street, Skampoe is abstract, mystic, cinematic, imaginative, and creative. Its as if his unemployment give him time to study the entire world of warcraft users manuel, and due to the quality of this song, Im not complaining. Skampoe spews what sounds like Gandolf's SPED cousin Randolf on coke lyrical bangers through his toothless rhyme shooter with a high level of creativity on this one. Once again skampoes dooms day content is laced with characteristic bangers such as

"Waiting to float back to the surface, and give truth to all of da curses, from the 10%, to the rapest, to the faggots rock da man purses"

and

"word up, my demons gone rape you"

this poetic tale of arch angles sperm final judgement rape and gays is another monument to the groups diamond in the rough talent

10/10

SImon Sez- another much needed detour from overt wutangary. Jigsaw's lyrical razor is swinging wreckless

"multiple stabs in the chest with a mic, niggas get eat up"

defintively ends his firey but out of shape verse with the same aggression of potency it was carried in. Skampoe gets outshined but still

"keeps it funky like drawers on a two dolla whore"

7/10

Twin Cousins- These are two fat puerto ricans that should stay away from the work of others in their breed IF they classify this as a song because it sounds like a collection of 'freestyles'. If that's what it is then its actually pretty good. Line of the day...

"Im a pistol poppin haze choppin cocaine dealer"

Jigsaws obsession with narcotics makes the group dynamic appear that Skampoes is the fat younger kid with an epic Runescape account that got caught up with the wrong crowd. Jigsaw reigns supreme lyrically on this song but both put up a strong effort. The major flaw is the seeming lack of professionalism.

6/10

overall 7.5/10.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
01-09-2009, 06:23 PM
ahahahaahahahaha.

Unfortunately, I am not going to download this, as I know that the unintentional comedy of the EP won't live up to the comedy in the review.

Good shit.

L~>1<~NKS
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Def feelin the album cover... haven't heard the piece yet.

TSA's a clown.

JIGSAW45
01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
thanx for goin out of your way to spend the time pickin all of our old shit apart.kinda funny actually...i aint gonna make excuses for the shit if niggas dont like it cuz it's all of the first stuff we recorded.it aint too bad for being most of our early songz...thats why its a... "freestyle mix tape". but again...u took the time to d.l. it and gather your thoughts and efforts to do a mixtape review.so on that note,shout out to you and everybody else that has and will support it.the sword and the sledgehammer comin sooner than later and btw...duh ep has no comparison whatsoever to the sword and the sledgehammer.we on a whole other level.30,000 feet above the cornfields,peace

TSA
01-09-2009, 07:43 PM
the underlining anger in that post alone is enough to feed a small Runescape band in upgrades and HP alone.

11th Chamber
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I have honestly never, NEVER laughed as hard reading something on this site

SKAMPOE
01-09-2009, 10:12 PM
I have honestly never, NEVER laughed as hard reading something on this site
im gonna have to go ahead and co sign that^... it was very well written...

SKAMPOE
01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
duh ep has no comparison whatsoever to the sword and the sledgehammer.we on a whole other level.30,000 feet above the cornfields,peace

isnt that the truth! lol

SKAMPOE
01-10-2009, 02:01 AM
who would've thought this little feller here would eventually grow up to one day type up a review to a album released by

DUH GAWDSUNZ ''name of our 3rd album comming soon''

http://pixdaus.com/pics/1231461183xxXBuI2.jpg

TSA
01-10-2009, 04:14 AM
lmao at 3rd album coming soon

TAURO
01-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Is the link in the audio lounge? cos I want to hear it.

Rame
01-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Tauro: http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69601

The Hound
01-10-2009, 06:45 AM
ROFL

review > duh EP

wait two pages then send it to the classics

thanx for goin out of your way to spend the time pickin all of our old shit apart.kinda funny actually..

why the fuck did you compress all your "old shit" into a new EP then ya dickhead?

JIGSAW45
01-10-2009, 07:36 AM
^^^....so mufuckaz see the huge difference in the growth of our music,moron. ppl that actually support the shit...not hateful ass homos like u and tissa.i was actually beginning to gain a little respect for the dude on the strength that he's been supportin our stuff depite all the back n forth shit.

SKAMPOE
01-10-2009, 10:45 AM
tissa is cool, imo hes a comedy genius, plus what can an african cornhustler know bout hiphop! tissa u should make u tube videos ranting on shit dat happens on the corp lol, i'd watch...

SL33
01-10-2009, 11:19 AM
and, for the first time in human history saying a word but for some reason you KNOW it was spelt wrong on the paper with the classic

"Ejaquolated"

priceless

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-10-2009, 11:48 AM
now this is TSA I kno

TSA
01-10-2009, 02:27 PM
?

what the fuck are you talking about, i dont even talk to you lol

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-11-2009, 03:26 AM
yup, I kno u

KERZO
02-18-2009, 08:32 AM
ok so i thought i'd listen to this BANGER after reading tsa's hilarious review...

I couldnt stop laughing at jiggles on Duh Marathon when he was shouting Run,hahahhaha he sounded like a lil kid,lol

Ok i wanna help build with duh PCP, lets discuss tactics??

So you gonna rip off wu-tang on your next album or is it gonna be completely unique & individual?

Are you gonna spit some intelligent rhymes on the next album or just dumb street shyt?

Will you use gay sparta samples again?

Can jigsaw stretch/draw words over time or is every word said in a millisecond so he sounds like he's hyperventilating?

Please respond honestly...

Tracks
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
props to the poster, you just ethered the wack ass duo in respectable form.