PDA

View Full Version : Hail To The Thief Vs. Kid A

oDoUoSoKo
01-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Discuss.

:(W

djskillz
01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I like them both alot but I tend to listen to Kid A more.

oDoUoSoKo
01-12-2009, 06:34 PM
bump

Senator C. Palantine
01-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I prefer Kid A.

Because NME gave it a better review.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Kid A

oDoUoSoKo
01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
see, this is the shit. When i first heard Kid A, i didnt know exactly what to expect...but i did hear so much praise for it..."best RH album...etc" when i heard it, i thought it was boring. i gave it a second shot, liked it more, alot more, but still didnt touch OK Computer or The Bends to me (still doesnt) then i heard Hail To The THief....immediately felt like its where Kid A meant to go kinda, but didnt (even tho i know that isnt the case)

so w/e. Give Hail another shot.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-12-2009, 08:52 PM
I like Hail to the Thief, but i just think Kid A has the better songs. The whole concept of th e album is very interesting.

I still don't really get it, but its like you can interpret your own meaning to it.

JerseyIronman
01-12-2009, 09:23 PM
umm Kid A i think. It flows amazingly well.

The intro track is fucking sick, that keyboard just welcomes you to Kid A. Then it goes to the very low key title track which then transforms into one of the most bad ass bass lines ever conceived with "National Anthem".

"How to Dissappear Completely" and "Treefingers" are very soothing and atmospheric and pretty weird. Pretty much sum up Kid A.

After the strangeness and tranquility of "Treefingers" it crescendos beautifully into "Optimistic", another banger and is also the climax of the album I think. But from there album carries its momentum and flows from one song to another, I love how "In limbo" fade into the bizarre dance beat of "Idioteque" which then flows into the soothing drum machine beat and keyboard of "Morning bell" and then the closer track.

The album took me a while to get used to. Radiohead had the balls to throw away their guitars are basically make an electronic album. It sounded nothing like OK Computer. But then again I got onto Radiohead with AMNESIAC of all albums so I think i was somewhat prepared for Kid A. Which was basically recorded at the same time as Amnesiac.

Hail to the Thief is also an excellent album however. it was like a return to form for them after Kid A & Amnesiac. Though OK Computer will always be their best album i think.

JerseyIronman
01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
I think "There, There" might be their best song tho